What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ok... I'll admit it! I was wrong! so what... (1 Viewer)

Steven Jackson. I figured that even though he's not the same SJAX from 5 years ago, he's still a solid RB, has a new coach who loves to run the ball, oh and has the backfield all to himself....ooops. Anyway, I drafted him in the 3rd round of a 12 teamer (one pick before AJ Green, you know since WR was so deep and all :wall: )

Having my best fantasy season ever.... hit on everything. Didn't draft RGIII but I wans't expecting him to be as good as he has been.

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Steven Jackson. I figured that even though he's not the same SJAX from 5 years ago, he's still a solid RB, has a new coach who loves to run the ball, oh and has the backfield all to himself....ooops. Anyway, I drafted him in the 3rd round of a 12 teamer (one pick before AJ Green, you know since WR was so deep and all :wall: )
I also subscribed to the "one more year" for SJax camp. I also thought Tamme would be starting calibre TE on the cheap...

I was also wrong on Meachem. Figured the Chargers paid him for a reason, and would still have a good QB throwing the ball to him (plus Vincent Brown being out awhile). Um...nope.

Thought Greg Little would get by on pure volume after putting up good numbers for a rookie. Weeden is putting up decent numbers, but he's spreading the ball around while Little struggles with drops and general inconsistency.

Before he got injured, I thought Fred Davis would do a lot better considering Grossman/Beck to RGIII was a huge upgrade. Was still leading the Redskins in receiving, but it was disappointing that he wasn't reaching the end zone.

So far huge swing and miss on DMAC. I figured if he was healthy enough to play he'd be a top 5 candidate and no worse than a top 10 for certain.

With 13 leagues you end up with a lot of multiple players making the hits/misses stare at you even more.

Biggest miss that I targeted in 8 leagues was the BUF DST late. Fortunately this is one that can be fixed with waiver moves.

NE DST was my other most owned 'player' coming out of the drafts/auctions. Still waiting to see if some of they're juicy matchups pay off.

Thanks in part to FBG/Dodds, Waldman and watching preseason I was higher on RG3 and Martin than most ADP's. Working out well so far owning them in 5-6 times each.

WR Steve Johnson was my most owned WR with 5x. I'm not sure yet if you'd call him a hit/miss or push.

WR Donald Jones was a miss that I dropped most everywhere as a late WR4-6 type. Had him 5x to start with.

RB Murray was the highest RB with 6 but 3 of those were as a keeper. Not sure if you'd call that a miss yet but he's on strike 2 for me of being injury prone.

At TE I have a good mix with Celek the most owned. He's not hitting every week but good value for where I drafted/free agent pickup him.

With 13 leagues you end up with a lot of multiple players making the hits/misses stare at you even more.

Biggest miss that I targeted in 8 leagues was the BUF DST late. Fortunately this is one that can be fixed with waiver moves.

NE DST was my other most owned 'player' coming out of the drafts/auctions. Still waiting to see if some of they're juicy matchups pay off.

Thanks in part to FBG/Dodds, Waldman and watching preseason I was higher on RG3 and Martin than most ADP's. Working out well so far owning them in 5-6 times each.

WR Steve Johnson was my most owned WR with 5x. I'm not sure yet if you'd call him a hit/miss or push.[/b]

WR Donald Jones was a miss that I dropped most everywhere as a late WR4-6 type. Had him 5x to start with.

RB Murray was the highest RB with 6 but 3 of those were as a keeper. Not sure if you'd call that a miss yet but he's on strike 2 for me of being injury prone.

At TE I have a good mix with Celek the most owned. He's not hitting every week but good value for where I drafted/free agent pickup him.
I'd say Stevie Johnson has been a push so far. Considering where most people drafted him, he's not killing anyone's team. He's put up pretty decent WR2 numbers

edit to bold

Missed on DMC. Traded Aaron Rodgers because in return got cam and Ryan Mathews. Went after buffalo defense by trading Denver defense. Our defense is neg for yards and td allowed ?

I admit that I was crazy to even question for a second that Joe Flacco was more than a low-tier QB2 after playing two good games.

Errors of commission (drafted players that have not been as hoped):

Kevin Smith, Jerome Simpson, David Wilson, Ryan Williams

Errors of ommission (players I realistically could have taken, but did not):

CJ Spiller, RGIII

Saved from my own stupidity (players I would have drafted just around their ADP had they been there, but someone else was even dumber than me):

Britt, Sidney Rice

Reggie Bush - I thought he would be injured all year and a non factor.

Greg Jennings - This is mostly due to injury but I thought he would be good

Jordy Nelson - I thought he would regress and he has been good since Jennings went down

RG3 - I thought he would be good not mvp good

Evan Royster - I thought he would be the back to own in Washington

Owen Daniels - I threw him in on a trade instead of Royster preseason because I didn't think he would even be startable

Vincent Jackson - I thought he would be horrible

Legarrette Blount - I didn't think he would be this bad, I thought it would have been a time share

Peyton Hillis - Thought he would be better too

Jamal Charles - I didn't think he would recover this fast, I think he is still hurting but 85 or 90 percent Charles is still better than most.

Vincent Brown - I bought him in a lot of leagues.

Phillip Rivers - I thought he would bounce back this year

Dwayne Bowe - As a top 10 receiver

Russell Wilson - I thought he would be good enough to make one of his receivers a top 35 fantasy receiver.

Jake Locker - One good game against the crappy Lions isn't enough

Chris Johnson - I don't think anyone thought he would be this bad

Jared Cook - Thought him and Locker would mesh

In our draft we were on the clock making a decision between Spiller and David Wilson. We already had Fred Jackson. We chose Wilson. I've been kicking myself all season.

I traded Lloyd for Jennings, thinking Jennings would be back in the next few weeks. It may still work out, but it is going to be even longer until Jennings is back.

I bought in to Jacquizz.

I didn't think Peyton would be back to normal. He isn't far from what he was. He has been very impressive.

I didn't buy into Gore.

I thought Steven Jackson would have a solid year.

I gotta say... I think I got a little cocky after last year.

My guys this year were a lot of the ones mentioned in here:

Phillip Rivers

Steven Jackson

Darren McFadden

Brandon Lloyd

..... and Robert Meachem

These were all the guys I was targeting in drafts!

It's a miracle I'm not 0-7 in all my leagues.. looks like it's back to the game rewind grind next year...

Victor Cruz because he was going to be D-Jax of a couple years ago and could never replicate that type of year again.

Traded Adrian Peterson because he was done.

Was happy to land McFadden because he was awesome.

Peyton Manning - Judging by his few pre-season plays and from camp reports, I did not believe that he would be a top 8 QB this year, let alone top 5 in most leagues at this point which a very easy schedule the rest of the way.

Michael Vick - Was right about him being overvalued as a top 7 QB(ADP). Another bad game with turnovers and I could see Foles taking over.

Reggie Wayne- Definitely missed the boat here, didn't see him putting up much more than he did last year with him being a year older. Should continue to be a top 10 WR, very likely to finish top 5.

Panthers Offense - Was avoiding all of them and thankful I did. Newton is not a very good passer and the RB situation was very crowded. Stewart does look a little promising now though.

Antonio Gates - Had him ranked as the third TE and a nice bounceback season assuming he'd stay healthy and so far he hasn't lived up to it, but I think he'll turn it around.

Frank Gore - Thought he would really slow down this year and expected less touches with the additions of Jacobs and James, plus Hunter.

Matthew Stafford - Had him ranked as the 4th QB and his mechanics and decision making has been bad so far. Calvin hasn't been as dominant, especially in the redzone which hurts as well.

Adrian Peterson - Knew he was a great player, but underestimated his ability to recover and he looks amazing as usual.

Matt Ryan - Was on board with the pre-season hype and had him ranked as the 5th QB.

Julio Jones - Had him ranked 2nd behind Calvin Johnson, probably underestimated the fact that Gonzo and Roddy would still get a high amount of targets.

Chris Johnson - Was not touching him in the first round, had him ranked 11th among RB's.

Percy Harvin - Had him ranked 8th among WR's and realized that he had top 5 upside with the amoutn of touches he got with Ponder during the second half of last year.

C.J. Spiller - I believe that he is one of the top 5 talented RB's in the league and had to draft him at his ADP because of the massive upside with Jackson possibly struggling or getting hurt.

Victor Cruz - One of the more debated players this pre-season, I was definitely buying him and had him ranked as the 9th WR.

A.J. Green - Didn't like his numbers during the second half/playoffs of his rookie year and expected similar numbers instead of a leap ahead. Had him ranked as 13th WR.

Ridley/Vereen - Thought Vereen would see more touches, but once the injury started to linger I realized that this was Ridley's job. I still believe that Vereen is the more complete back and the better talent.

Torrey Smith - Was expecting a huge breakout season, had him ranked as the 15th WR with top 10 upside. I would liek to see him get more targets.

Alfred Morris - I thought Helu would win the job since I thought he was the most talented back on the roster and I expected Morris to eventually lose his job even after week 1. Shanny has a great running scheme.

Brandon Lloyd - Was not buying the "top 10" upside talk. Too many mouths to feed in NE these days and I believe that Lloyd is overrated.

Mikel Leshoure - Expected him to take over as the starting RB once he returned from suspension.

Forgot to add:

Charles/Hillis - Thought Hillis would be a great value pick and Charles was going too early.

Too true. ACL injuries r about as bad as a broken leg nowadays. Never thought AP would b where he is.

Had Doug Martin but traded him just before week 7

Tony Romo as a value buy QB (not even worth a discount double check)

McFadden

Torrey Smith being an all around WR

Julio Jones takin the world by storm

Alfred Morris- live in Indy and was really impressed with him in preseason game v Colts but chalked it up to the Colts run D and hated the fact that he still had Shannahan as a coach

Damn I dread this thread in week 13

Mendenhall? Not sure he will ever be the same again. Pretty sure the Steelers aren't going to pay him free agent $$$ next year. Not sure anyone wil...

Right:Matt Ryan: Raised eyebrowsrolled eyes and drew gasps when I took him at 2.03 in a 12 team redraft.
Sorry man, that's a huge fail. Obviously if everyone was making fun of you, then you could have easily picked him up in the 3rd or 4th (I took him in the 5th in 3 leagues).So yea, that's still a fail. If you somehow knew that Alfred Morris was going to be a top 5 back at this point, you wouldn't have wasted a first round pick on him. The goal is to take them ahead of where they are projected, but still giving you value for the other players.

Meachem and DHB, thought they would be be top 20-30ish and make great #3s; was totally off about Meachem but atleast DHB has moments.

Lloyd - if you had told me he would have the targets he's had to this point, I would have been expecting a top 15 WR on my roster

Kevin Smith - Didn't think he would become a ghost once Leshoure returned

Peterson - human knees don't heal like that

Peyton - thought he'd be semi-decent, but nothing close to this level of production

RGIII - just didn't believe

Gonzalez - Figured he was done and that White and Jones would leave few scraps for him

Mendenhall? Not sure he will ever be the same again. Pretty sure the Steelers aren't going to pay him free agent $$$ next year. Not sure anyone wil...
What? He's coming off a major injury and hes still their best back. The idea that he won't land somewhere is crazy

Stafford - I knew he was a volume fantasy player, but was performing at an adequate level for this to result in elite stats. The volume is there, but it's at such an average level that it creates average results. Which makes too much sense...

Sproles - I drafted the guy, but didn't think he would come near matching last year fantasy wise. Can't comment on his actual performance because I haven't watched too many Saints games this year.

Kolb - Out at the moment, but the change in Arizona performances on O, even if it wasn't stellar to begin with, is painfully obvious. Didn't think this guy was any better than Skelton. The difference is ridiculous.

DJax - I was wary about him getting paid and whether he would go back to doing what he can do. His fantasy output isn't there yet, but he has been playing some good football. Ignoring the numbers (Hard on a fantasy site...), he's been one of the better WRs around the league. Too bad the rest of the team can't keep up! Was trying to sell this guy for anything in my dynasty league, but despite his average output, couldn't be happier with being 'stuck' with him.

Curious to know how many Reggie Wayne owners had him last year. Sure he was cheap this year but wow did he suck last year! I figured that yes it was bad quarterbacking but just knew he had lost something. Virtually made him undraftable for me. Note to self...

Curious to know how many Reggie Wayne owners had him last year. Sure he was cheap this year but wow did he suck last year! I figured that yes it was bad quarterbacking but just knew he had lost something. Virtually made him undraftable for me. Note to self...
He had 900 yards and 5 touchdown. That is solid number 3 receiver stuff, I know he was disappointing because he was drafted as a wide receiver 2, but he might have had the worst collection of quarterbacks in history.

Only one person says he's wrong about Lynch? This entire board thought he got paid and was going to be terrible. Don't make me go through the Lynch threads and call you out.

:boxing:

Not me I actually liked him this year, I got him at the end of the 3rd in 2 start up dynasty drafts and felt great about it. It is one of the few I got right this year :thumbup:

Rivers and Gates. Thought Rivers would bounce back a bit and Gates would be healthy. Rivers hasn't been terrible but it seems Norv is afraid to let him air it out and in a year where they haven't had much of a running game, I expected him to have more attempts. I expect he'll be more efficient with a run game but still not a top 5 game.

Should have bought higher on Ryan. I was high on Julio so naturally someone has to throw him the ball. Likewise, Rivers doesn't have a ton of options in SD so from now on, I'll draft my later QBs based on WR production as opposed to the actual QB.

Brandon Lloyd. Bought in in all my leagues. Second time I went all in with Lloyd. Last time was 2005. Never trusting this guy again.

Right:Matt Ryan: Raised eyebrowsrolled eyes and drew gasps when I took him at 2.03 in a 12 team redraft.
Sorry man, that's a huge fail. Obviously if everyone was making fun of you, then you could have easily picked him up in the 3rd or 4th (I took him in the 5th in 3 leagues).So yea, that's still a fail. If you somehow knew that Alfred Morris was going to be a top 5 back at this point, you wouldn't have wasted a first round pick on him. The goal is to take them ahead of where they are projected, but still giving you value for the other players.
Huge fail? He would not have been on the board at 3.10. The fact that he was drafted after 6 other QB's and is 2nd in QB points... makes it a pick I had, had to jump for, or I would have been stuck with the likes of a Schaub. The gasps were because the other owners had a fail on THEIR QB rankings. Still, he would not have been there at 3.10. I know my local. Almost everyone gets their QB1 in the first 3 rounds due to the scoring system. In that particular draft, EVERY time I bypassed a player I thought would slip, I lost him. I jumped for Wayne too. Glad I did, and that wasn't a fail either. You draft the players that get the most points. Simple.

I thought Steve Smith would be a top 10 WR this year. Thankfully, I have good options (& winning the blind bid on Josh Gordon prior to his week 6 game helps too).

'DeaLerZ said:
conclusion: fantasy football is 80% luck, and 20% skill
Nope.
Yep...when you have two teams that are very similar and one is 6-1 and has you in first place, and the other is 1-6 and has you in last place... it is at the very least 80% luck

skill does not play a factor when you play opponents that get over 150 pts every other week... or when all your players have a dud week the same week

the 6-1 team is definitely due to skill, and smart waiver wire players.. but i would be lying if there wasn't a lot of luck involved like winning last week 111 to 108, when they were 3 to 4 other teams that had more points than me

I shredded some dudes who were all about Reggie Bush. I so enjoyed crushing what they'd seen on the two highlights ESPN would show where he got positive yards with the stats of the fact the other 8 carries he had were for negative yards. It was so much fun. Then the ******* had to show he actually can play RB. Now I'm the one that looks like an idiot. Makes me like that dude even less....

'DeaLerZ said:
conclusion: fantasy football is 80% luck, and 20% skill
Nope.
Yep...when you have two teams that are very similar and one is 6-1 and has you in first place, and the other is 1-6 and has you in last place... it is at the very least 80% luck

skill does not play a factor when you play opponents that get over 150 pts every other week... or when all your players have a dud week the same week

the 6-1 team is definitely due to skill, and smart waiver wire players.. but i would be lying if there wasn't a lot of luck involved like winning last week 111 to 108, when they were 3 to 4 other teams that had more points than me
each individual game has some amount of luck but over the long haul the good separate themselves

I shredded some dudes who were all about Reggie Bush. I so enjoyed crushing what they'd seen on the two highlights ESPN would show where he got positive yards with the stats of the fact the other 8 carries he had were for negative yards. It was so much fun. Then the ******* had to show he actually can play RB. Now I'm the one that looks like an idiot. Makes me like that dude even less....
I agree with everything you just said :thumbup:

Peyton Manning - Judging by his few pre-season plays and from camp reports, I did not believe that he would be a top 8 QB this year, let alone top 5 in most leagues at this point which a very easy schedule the rest of the way.
Peyton - thought he'd be semi-decent, but nothing close to this level of production
I didn't think Peyton would be back to normal. He isn't far from what he was. He has been very impressive.
Peyton Manning... thought'd he have a decent game but he's really pulling out all the stops.
Same here. I was so wrong about Peyton Manning that I drafted my QB1 (Rivers) in 6th round, and I hated taking Rivers, and that was 2 rounds ahead of the next QB taken... Peyton Manning.Every year there is some decision I get in my head *early* about certain player(s) and I just ignore what my eyes see that could change that thought. I remember seeing Peyton get drilled in preseason and thinking for a second "wow I guess he can take a hit without getting paralyzed" but then I completely forgot about that when drafting? Hard to explain, but every year there is a situation like that for me.

My draft (10 team ESPN)

1. Arian Foster

2. Darren McFadden

3. Roddy White

4. Trent Richardson

5. Peyton Manning

6. Dwayne Bowe

7. Pierre Garcon

8. Shonn Greene

9. Clay Matthews

10. Trent Cole

11. Justin Blackmon

12. Andrew Luck

13. Daniel Thomas

14. Garrett Hartley

Misses in bold.

My current team after wheeling and dealing:

Why the #### is there an option to insert image if it won't let you insert a damn image?

Seem to be wrong a lot more this year than years past so this could be a long list. But the glaring one in my mind is:

Adrian All Day Peterson-

This guy is a freak of nature. Period. Devastating knee injury on a big guy who cuts that hard...just didnt think it was possible. But he's already a top 5 RB and could conceivably get stronger as the year goes on. This was THE year to get him value wise and I was WAY off.

My draft (10 team ESPN)

1. Arian Foster

2. Darren McFadden

3. Roddy White

4. Trent Richardson

5. Peyton Manning

6. Dwayne Bowe

7. Pierre Garcon

8. Shonn Greene

9. Clay Matthews

10. Trent Cole

11. Justin Blackmon

12. Andrew Luck

13. Daniel Thomas

14. Garrett Hartley

Misses in bold.

Why the #### is there an option to insert image if it won't let you insert a damn image?
Trent Cole should be in bold.

My draft (10 team ESPN)

1. Arian Foster

2. Darren McFadden

3. Roddy White

4. Trent Richardson

5. Peyton Manning

6. Dwayne Bowe

7. Pierre Garcon

8. Shonn Greene

9. Clay Matthews

10. Trent Cole

11. Justin Blackmon

12. Andrew Luck

13. Daniel Thomas

14. Garrett Hartley

Misses in bold.

Trent Cole should be in bold.
Yeah, that's true.

I thought Megatron would break the Madden curse........that drop in the end zone yesterday was mind boggling.....if any player accepts it next year they are crazy.

Victor Cruz because he was going to be D-Jax of a couple years ago and could never replicate that type of year again. Traded Adrian Peterson because he was done. Was happy to land McFadden because he was awesome.
I'm still waiting for the Cruz thud...but apparently he is a player. I just don't get it.

Vernon Davis - After the playoffs last year, I was convinced that they would make an effort to make him an integral part of the offense, rather than the maddening way they've used him in the past. I had him as my #3 tight end on the board. As with previous years, they 49ers still fail to get him involved, even though he's the most explosive receiving option on their team, by far.
Overreation to a primetime dud?He is TE5 right now and 49ers are talking they are going to feature him this week
No. Reaction to him performing as he always has, and being underused. He has had under 5 fantasy points in my ppr for 3 out of the past 4 weeks. Also, almost all of his production has been touchdown dependent. I expected him to be a must more reliable and explosive weekly player, rather than the boom/bust Vernon of the past. Last year he was under 10 points in 9 out of 16 weeks. I bought into that changing, but it seems to be the same. He will finish the season in the top 6-7 at his position like normal, but he will also kill you as much as he helps you. Like I said, not a huge miss... But he just hasn't performed at the level I expected from him (I drafted him much higher than I like to go on tight ends).
He was still in the top 10-15 TE range in that span
Not really sure I understand your point. I projected him as the #3 tight end and drafted him as such. I also expected him to consistently put up top TE numbers. Going on a streak of being the #15 TE over the past month (and that's only because of one game...the other three have been in the TE30+ range) is not what I envisioned from him, or expected out him. Therefore, a MISS for me.The past 4 games (in my league)

Week 4 - 4.8 points (TE27)

Week 5 - 16.6 points (TE3)

Week 6 - 6.7 points (TE23)

Week 7 - 0 points

That's a disappointment for me, especially from a guy who I projected to be an elite TE this year. I still like the guy and he will put up some more big games this season, but I drafted him and hyped him up as a player who was going to be taking a step to the next level this year. He's not doing that...he's the same misused Vernon Davis.
5.4 points tonight. Another terrible Fantasy night for Vernon. Definitely a huge miss on my part this year.

Users who are viewing this thread