What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ongoing Chris Johnson Discussions (1 Viewer)

"Nothing has changed" was the headline from Rotoworld in regards to CJ. If he tunrs into this years Vincent Jackson I am going to be pretty pissed.
the mood is completely different in the sitautions....the Titans need Johnson a lot more than the Chargers needed VJax and the Titans recognize that. They are trying to cheap out but it sounds like they are seeing the light.

'Louisville Slugger said:
"Nothing has changed" was the headline from Rotoworld in regards to CJ. If he tunrs into this years Vincent Jackson I am going to be pretty pissed.
Not going to happen.. CJ has a lot of pride and that is why he has been holding out... but he also thinks he is the best player in the NFL, and there is no way he is going to miss any action... he fully intends on playing this year.. he was just holding out as long as possible to show the Titans how serious he was because last year they didn't do #### for him after he ran for 2,000 yards... HE WILL PLAY WEEK 1.. Count IT!

'Louisville Slugger said:
Why not post the whole headline? Why just post something that could be read as extremely negative...for those interested, here is the rest of the blurb. Sounds a little more promising then what was posted above.According to the Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt, "nothing has changed" regarding Chris Johnson's contract status with the Titans.It sounds like Wyatt got word from Titans management trying to regain a hint of leverage after NFL Network's reports suggested they were ready to "open the vault" for Johnson. Wyatt concedes that both sides have "plenty of incentive" and "something's going to have to give one way or the other in the next week. ... Both sides want to get this thing worked out and now is the time."

They can dish it out on Twitter, but don't want to take it. What a doosh!

Chris Johnson wants fake fans to shut upPosted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT Fantasy football players want to see Texans running back Arian Foster get healthy, only because they care about their fantasy football teams. Other fantasy football players want to see Titans running back Chris Johnson get his rear end back to the team for the same reason.And some of them apparently are giving Johnson an earful via Twitter. And Johnson doesnt like it.Can these fake Titan fans #### on my timeline I dont have a regular job so dont compare me to you and I can care less if uthink Im greedy, Johnson said via Twitter.Johnsons decision to lash out comes at a time when there are indications that the Titans will sweeten their offer for Johnson, but not to a level of sweetness that he desires.Speaking of sweetness, can anyone envision Walter Payton telling fans, fake or real, to ####?Cmon, Chris. Fake and real fans pay the high salary youre trying to get. Dont bite the hands that help feed you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Johnson wants “fake” fans to shut upPosted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT Fantasy football players want to see Texans running back Arian Foster get healthy, only because they care about their fantasy football teams. Other fantasy football players want to see Titans running back Chris Johnson get his rear end back to the team for the same reason.And some of them apparently are giving Johnson an earful via Twitter. And Johnson doesn’t like it.“Can these fake Titan fans #### on my timeline I don’t have a regular job so don’t compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I’m greedy,” Johnson said via Twitter.Johnson’s decision to lash out comes at a time when there are indications that the Titans will sweeten their offer for Johnson, but not to a level of sweetness that he desires.Speaking of sweetness, can anyone envision Walter Payton telling fans, fake or real, to “####”?C’mon, Chris. Fake and real fans pay the high salary you’re trying to get. Don’t bite the hands that help feed you.
How soon until the NFL prohibits all players from using social media? Within two years is my guess.

and I can care less if uthink I’m greedy,” Johnson said via Twitter.
Someone should explain to CJ that if he says he "can care less", that means he actually does care.And they should also explain that if he honestly doesn't care, then it isn't worth Twittering about.

Chris Johnson wants “fake” fans to shut upPosted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT Fantasy football players want to see Texans running back Arian Foster get healthy, only because they care about their fantasy football teams. Other fantasy football players want to see Titans running back Chris Johnson get his rear end back to the team for the same reason.And some of them apparently are giving Johnson an earful via Twitter. And Johnson doesn’t like it.“Can these fake Titan fans #### on my timeline I don’t have a regular job so don’t compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I’m greedy,” Johnson said via Twitter.Johnson’s decision to lash out comes at a time when there are indications that the Titans will sweeten their offer for Johnson, but not to a level of sweetness that he desires.Speaking of sweetness, can anyone envision Walter Payton telling fans, fake or real, to “####”?C’mon, Chris. Fake and real fans pay the high salary you’re trying to get. Don’t bite the hands that help feed you.
How soon until the NFL prohibits all players from using social media? Within two years is my guess.
Sorry, that was me. I thought it would be funny to hack Johnson's Twitter account and tell Titans fans to ####. Johnson will confirm this shortly.

is Chris ###### on me one more time I'm trading his ### straight up for K Janikowski and change my FF MFL helmet from Titans to Raiders

I'll show him !!

I'll take the under.

"The Nashville Tennessean reports that contract talks between the Titans and Chris Johnson have "picked up," and there is "reason to be optimistic" a deal will be worked out before Week 1.

Citing multiple sources, beat writer Jim Wyatt reports there has been "positive movement" for the first time in negotiations after a nearly month-long training camp holdout. Credit NFL Network's Mike Lombardi for predicting this late Tuesday. The Titans feel a sense of urgency with the season opener just 12 days away, and are believed to be making "very aggressive" overtures. At this point, we'd be surprised if Johnson didn't play in Week 1.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter"

With all the positive news the past couple days, looking like this might end any day now.

Even if this ends [which I don't think it will], how many weeks before Chris Johnson is "football ready" in order to prevent injury?

Just for the record, I love what Chris Johnson means to the game, but he is definitely not worth Top QB money.

Now for the real issue ...

Revis did this same thing last year and look what happened to him? Without "football ready" practice and reps, he hurt his hamstring in week 2. He was not the same player of the previous 3 years! I don't think he ever recovered ...

Look back to 1993 when Emmitt Smith did this same thing; he held out through Training Camp and the 1st 2 weeks of the season [losses for Dallas]. After he eventually signed, he played sparingly and had a fortuitous Bye week mixed in; it was a full month before he was carrying the RB1 load!

Even if Chris Johnson signs at some point, his play should be gradually increased throughout a full month before he is taking on the RB1 load. Otherwise he and the Titans are rolling the dice. This critically impacts his contribution to the the team and to Fantasy owners everywhere!

Look back to 1993 when Emmitt Smith did this same thing; he held out through Training Camp and the 1st 2 weeks of the season [losses for Dallas]. After he eventually signed, he played sparingly and had a fortuitous Bye week mixed in; it was a full month before he was carrying the RB1 load!Even if Chris Johnson signs at some point, his play should be gradually increased throughout a full month before he is taking on the RB1 load. Otherwise he and the Titans are rolling the dice. This critically impacts his contribution to the the team and to Fantasy owners everywhere!
Yes but Emmitt did end up with 1900 total yards and 10 TDs...as a CJ owner I would be more then happy with those numbers, even if they didnt start coming until 4 weeks down the road.

Even if this ends [which I don't think it will], how many weeks before Chris Johnson is "football ready" in order to prevent injury?

Just for the record, I love what Chris Johnson means to the game, but he is definitely not worth Top QB money.

Now for the real issue ...

Revis did this same thing last year and look what happened to him? Without "football ready" practice and reps, he hurt his hamstring in week 2. He was not the same player of the previous 3 years! I don't think he ever recovered ...

Look back to 1993 when Emmitt Smith did this same thing; he held out through Training Camp and the 1st 2 weeks of the season [losses for Dallas]. After he eventually signed, he played sparingly and had a fortuitous Bye week mixed in; it was a full month before he was carrying the RB1 load!

Even if Chris Johnson signs at some point, his play should be gradually increased throughout a full month before he is taking on the RB1 load. Otherwise he and the Titans are rolling the dice. This critically impacts his contribution to the the team and to Fantasy owners everywhere!
Much ado about nothing. Look at Foster. Guy's in "game shape" and his hammy is in shreds.

Much ado about nothing. Look at Foster. Guy's in "game shape" and his hammy is in shreds.
You are mixing topics ...You are also misrepresenting facts. Foster fits into the same thing. He lost all the reps from OTA's and Training Camp, and he certainly is a risk without the "football ready" preparation.

You are mixing topics ...You are also misrepresenting facts. Foster fits into the same thing. He lost all the reps from OTA's and Training Camp, and he certainly is a risk without the "football ready" preparation.
It's a miracle then that Rice has made it through preseason with the amount of work he's put in.My point is that one or two pieces of anecdotal evidence isn't worth jack in making a claim that holdouts are injury susceptible. It might take a couple rough practices to knock the rust off but claiming he's gonna pull a hammy because he hasn't been in camp is ridiculous.

Chris Johnson wants “fake” fans to shut up

Posted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT

Fantasy football players want to see Texans running back Arian Foster get healthy, only because they care about their fantasy football teams. Other fantasy football players want to see Titans running back Chris Johnson get his rear end back to the team for the same reason.

And some of them apparently are giving Johnson an earful via Twitter. And Johnson doesn’t like it.

“Can these fake Titan fans #### on my timeline I don’t have a regular job so don’t compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I’m greedy,” Johnson said via Twitter.

Johnson’s decision to lash out comes at a time when there are indications that the Titans will sweeten their offer for Johnson, but not to a level of sweetness that he desires.

Speaking of sweetness, can anyone envision Walter Payton telling fans, fake or real, to “####”?

C’mon, Chris. Fake and real fans pay the high salary you’re trying to get. Don’t bite the hands that help feed you.
Ok, Chris, I'll shut the #### up now.

Chris Johnson wants "fake" fans to shut upPosted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT Fantasy football players want to see Texans running back Arian Foster get healthy, only because they care about their fantasy football teams. Other fantasy football players want to see Titans running back Chris Johnson get his rear end back to the team for the same reason.And some of them apparently are giving Johnson an earful via Twitter. And Johnson doesn't like it."Can these fake Titan fans #### on my timeline I don't have a regular job so don't compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I'm greedy," Johnson said via Twitter.Johnson's decision to lash out comes at a time when there are indications that the Titans will sweeten their offer for Johnson, but not to a level of sweetness that he desires.Speaking of sweetness, can anyone envision Walter Payton telling fans, fake or real, to "####"?C'mon, Chris. Fake and real fans pay the high salary you're trying to get. Don't bite the hands that help feed you.
Social Media ruining lives one at a time

Let's call the over/under $25 million guaranteed. What ya got?
Definitely over. D'Angelo got 21 and you think he'll only get 4 more than that? I think his guaranteed will be near what the total contract value is, much like we saw with the top draft picks this season, in lieu of a top 3 $ deal.

Hope he's been working out.
I hope this gets done so I can drop harper and ringer off my squad (or at least one of them). Small benches and the CJ owner hasn't bit yet on a trade, and I need more WR-TE depth.
Maybe you need to lower your asking price.
i offered ringer to the cj owner for bernard scott and the guy acted insulted. it seems after a guy is drafted his value increases approx 5 draft rounds.

Sources have indicated to TitanInsider that the Tennessee Titans are now close to striking a deal with holdout running back Chris Johnson on a contract extension.

Multiple sources used the word “close” in regards to the talks between the Titans and Johnson's agent Joel Segal, regarding bringing an end to the holdout that has lasted since the start of training camp in late July.

A deal could happen in the next 24 to 48 hours. Earlier this week, Titans coach Mike Munchak said the deal probably needed to get done by this weekend in order for Johnson to be able to contribute fully in the season opener in Jacksonville on Sept. 11.
http://ten.247sports.com/Article/Titans-and-Chris-Johnson-appear-to-be-close-to-an-agreement-37913Yeaaah budddddy! Everyone made fun of me for picking CJ3 with the 9th overall pick. Including myself. Let's get this done and hope he doesn't do the "i'm paid, now I don't give a #%@!" thing!

Can pumping iron and running on a treadmill prepare him for getting hit by extremely large, fast men about 30 times per game?Color me scared to death b/c I have the 4th overall pick and might have to choose between this guy and someone else.

Can pumping iron and running on a treadmill prepare him for getting hit by extremely large, fast men about 30 times per game?Color me scared to death b/c I have the 4th overall pick and might have to choose between this guy and someone else.
After taking him in two leagues I had the 5 pick last night and passed on him.
I honestly don't want him. With the lockout and this holdout I have no idea what he's been doing. I have very little confidence in the guy right now......I know I'm in the minority though.

Sources have indicated to TitanInsider that the Tennessee Titans are now close to striking a deal with holdout running back Chris Johnson on a contract extension.

Multiple sources used the word “close” in regards to the talks between the Titans and Johnson's agent Joel Segal, regarding bringing an end to the holdout that has lasted since the start of training camp in late July.

A deal could happen in the next 24 to 48 hours. Earlier this week, Titans coach Mike Munchak said the deal probably needed to get done by this weekend in order for Johnson to be able to contribute fully in the season opener in Jacksonville on Sept. 11.
http://ten.247sports.com/Article/Titans-and-Chris-Johnson-appear-to-be-close-to-an-agreement-37913Yeaaah budddddy! Everyone made fun of me for picking CJ3 with the 9th overall pick. Including myself. Let's get this done and hope he doesn't do the "i'm paid, now I don't give a #%@!" thing!
Word, I just picked him up @ 1.11 in redraft.

Just a quick warning for you CJ owners. His first game is a 1:00 pm start in Jacksonville and should be hot, hot hot. If he has been slacking at all on his conditioning that sun will make him pay for it quickly. I know everyone is going to start him regardless, but I'd lower my expectation a little for him week one.

Dude's from Orlando and played ball at ECU. He'll be fine. May not get a full load but Ringer isn't in great shape and Harper is a rook in a shortened offseason. Presuming CJ signs and is announced as the starter, he's a must start. How can you not?

CJ is a workout fiend and lives in Orlando. Doubt the heat in Jacksonville is going to make a difference.

No doubt expectations should be tempered for the first couple weeks, and all the standard caveats apply (workout vs football shape, getting used to taking hits, learning the new offense, reps with his teammates, etc.), but his conditioning is not what I'd be worried about.

If he does in fact sign before the season, where does he now belong on draft boards? Are people considering taking him over Foster (yes I know there's a whole thread on the possibility/severity of his injury but doubt is doubt)?

Confirmed - good news for Titans. RT @jwyattsports: TItans agreed to 4-yr, $53.5 million deal with Chris Johnson. 30 guaranteed - Schefter

If he does in fact sign before the season, where does he now belong on draft boards? Are people considering taking him over Foster (yes I know there's a whole thread on the possibility/severity of his injury but doubt is doubt)?
Now that he IS signed...... he's still a top back, better than he was a week ago. Problem is, many (not all) players who hold out get dinged up more often than they otherwise would. If you add to it the large number of carries he has had, I'm a bit concerned. He's a first round talent though (esp in PPR leagues) so when I redo my rankings tonight or tomorrow, I'll move him up, probably around picks 5-7 overall players & rbs. I think he's a top ten pick, but he's got some concerns.

I hope this gets done so I can drop harper and ringer off my squad (or at least one of them). Small benches and the CJ owner hasn't bit yet on a trade, and I need more WR-TE depth.
Maybe you need to lower your asking price.
i offered ringer to the cj owner for bernard scott and the guy acted insulted. it seems after a guy is drafted his value increases approx 5 draft rounds.
The problem is he's not a huge fantasy player so his bench is so shallow. Obviously he's a TCU homer as well and spent his last two draft picks on Kerley and Dalton for kicks.As a Deangelo owner I asked for J Stew for Harper and Ringer packaged. One sided my way? Yes, but I figured someone that drafted Kerley and Dalton might bite.His BenchJonathan Stewart Jeremy KerleyDanny WoodheadSteve BreastonAndy DaltonEdit: Just saw he struck a deal so this is moot.My running backs are decent and I need TE/WR depth, unless you sharks can convince me to hold one to one of these guys.

Titans agreed to terms with Chris Johnson on a four-year, $53.5 million contract.

Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread