What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Onterrio Done for the Year (1 Viewer)

at 6'1 207 pounds Fason doesn't have the size to be a featured rb....as far as this season goes as long as Bennett stays healthy the job is his and he will do well
Due to size, Fason can't handle the job yet Bennett can?Bennett:

Height: 5-9

Weight: 209 lbs.
That's correct. More weight per inch of height.Can you imagine how good a 3'7" 273 pound RB would be!! :excited:
Coach to player: "Take him out below the knees."Player to coach; "I can't, His knees go all the way to the ground!"

Yeah, but a lot of that seems to pertains to the process of the test itself.  If he tried to pull the Whizzinator out while he was actually being tested, that's one thing.  Possession of the Whizzinator at the airport is an entirely different scenario, I would believe.
I might agree if this guy didn't have two strikes against him already.Plus, it seems to apply to the CBA...it's definitely behavioral that he's carrying a fake penis, fake urine, both items which are specifically used to defeat drug tests.
Fake penis? He probably should've said he had a stripper party but didn't have proof because a friend made him delete that picture.
:lmao: :no: :lmao: :no: :lmao: :no: :lmao: :no: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Was this stripper 'certified' in the usage of said proof? :rolleyes:

To get a second chance to play in the greatest league in the world and for what to piss it away. He should be banned for life for being stupid. Low character fu**.

I don't know why so many people think the RB situation in Minny is still cloudy. As much as I like Fason's longterm potential, it would be naive to think he'll be anything more than a special teamer this year, given that there are three very good veteran ball carriers ahead of him on the depth chart. Pretty good chance it shakes out like this:Bennett - 20 carries a game.Moore - 3rd down back.Williams - Goal line back.Seems pretty obvious, no? :shrug:

I don't know why so many people think the RB situation in Minny is still cloudy.  As much as I like Fason's longterm potential, it would be naive to think he'll be anything more than a special teamer this year, given that there are three very good veteran ball carriers ahead of him on the depth chart.  Pretty good chance it shakes out like this:

Bennett - 20 carries a game.

Moore - 3rd down back.

Williams - Goal line back.

Seems pretty obvious, no?  :shrug:
Problem is that Bennett will get hurt, and Moore hasn't shown durablity either. That's when the clouds start rolling in. A lot should depend on the timing of the injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why so many people think the RB situation in Minny is still cloudy. As much as I like Fason's longterm potential, it would be naive to think he'll be anything more than a special teamer this year, given that there are three very good veteran ball carriers ahead of him on the depth chart. Pretty good chance it shakes out like this:

Moore - 3rd down back.

Seems pretty obvious, no? :shrug:
Problem is that Bennett will get hurt, and Moore hasn't shown durablity either. That's when the clouds start rolling in. A lot should depend on the timing of the injuries.
I dunno. I'm in the camp that says Bennett will finally put it all together this year. They are saying he feels as good as he's felt (and is as fast as he's been) since he left Wisconsin. I think this suspension will really enable Bennett to not look over his shoulder, and I believe he'll stay healthy and grab the job by the throat. He's been so banged up that it's easy to forget how amazingly explosive this guy is. He takes a screen pass, makes a couple of moves, and he is GONE in the blink of an eye. I'd like to see what kind of numbers he could post once he has health on his side.

I don't know why so many people think the RB situation in Minny is still cloudy.  As much as I like Fason's longterm potential, it would be naive to think he'll be anything more than a special teamer this year, given that there are three very good veteran ball carriers ahead of him on the depth chart.  Pretty good chance it shakes out like this:

Moore - 3rd down back.

I dunno. I'm in the camp that says Bennett will finally put it all together this year. They are saying he feels as good as he's felt (and is as fast as he's been) since he left Wisconsin. I think this suspension will really enable Bennett to not look over his shoulder, and I believe he'll stay healthy and grab the job by the throat. He's been so banged up that it's easy to forget how amazingly explosive this guy is. He takes a screen pass, makes a couple of moves, and he is GONE in the blink of an eye. I'd like to see what kind of numbers he could post once he has health on his side.
As long as he stays off the treadmill... :)

I don't know why so many people think the RB situation in Minny is still cloudy. As much as I like Fason's longterm potential, it would be naive to think he'll be anything more than a special teamer this year, given that there are three very good veteran ball carriers ahead of him on the depth chart. Pretty good chance it shakes out like this:

Moore - 3rd down back.

Wow, Bennett in the best shape of his career. Never heard that before.A speed back on a team with Randy Moss clearing out the safeties is one thing. But a one-dimensional speed back on a team without a great deep threat is not a recipe for huge success.

I think Onterrio was a better back than Bennett, and I think Moore is too. We'll see.

I'll start believing that the job is Fason's if you start telling me that he's a better blocker than Bennett and Moore are. Until then, shaaddup!

Moore - 3rd down back.

There could be a problem here, in that Bennett has seldom been a 20 carry guy.Game by game data

2001 -- 13 games played, 1 game over 20 carries

2002 -- 16 games played, 1 game over 20 carries

2003 -- 8 games played, 1 game over 20 carries

2004 -- 10 games played, 0 games over 20 carries

Total -- 47 games played, 3 games over 20 carries

Being the starter won't mean being a workhorse. If Tice tries making him a regular 20+ carry guy, he'll just end up on IR. Regardless of Tice's comments alluding to having one workhorse, I seriously doubt it'll happen. The one RB on the roster who could have been that guy is SOD (Still On Drugs).

Moore - 3rd down back.

Robert Smith and Fredy Taylor averaged 10 games a year in his first four years, Bennett has averaged 12. Both Taylor and Smith put together three 1,000 yard seasons in their next three years. Football is a rough sport, people get too worked up over these "injury prone" players.

at 6'1 207 pounds Fason doesn't have the size to be a featured rb....as far as this season goes as long as Bennett stays healthy the job is his and he will do well
Due to size, Fason can't handle the job yet Bennett can?Bennett:

Height: 5-9

Weight: 209 lbs.
My points is rbs have to be stocky enough to take a beating and using your own stats Fason is at least 25 pounds too light....

Well Big O has really screwed up. The guy that benefits most here is Mewelde Moore. Moore is a better back than Bennett and from the way he ran last year he breaks plenty of tackles. I can't remember, but someone posted a stat that Mewelde Moore broke more tackles than any other back per games started. Moore is a good kid and a football player, won't be long before he rises to the top of the depth chart. Plus he catches the football like a WR.
Slash, I noticed that the big purple O you've been sporting in yoiur sig for a year now has suddenly just today disappeared.All the dorks on the O bandwagon have just been :bag:

Can someone please dig up some of those heated debates and bump them?

Moore - 3rd down back.

Robert Smith and Fredy Taylor averaged 10 games a year in his first four years, Bennett has averaged 12. Both Taylor and Smith put together three 1,000 yard seasons in their next three years. Football is a rough sport, people get too worked up over these "injury prone" players.
And now Taylor's injured again, and Robert Smith retired to avoid further injury. Maybe the chance a "Fred Taylor type of player" getting injured is greater than another player. But you're right, injury's not the biggest anti-Bennett argument. I think the most damning things about Bennett are the facts that Moore played well while Bennett was out, that Tice hasn't shown the desire or willingness to stick with any player or any plan he has concocted, and that their safety drawing deep threat WR is gone. Teams would be wise to stay close to the line to keep Culpepper and the running game penned in.

I think he's a decent risk in the third round, and a good one in the fourth, but if he starts getting drafted as a starter again, I'm out.

Well Big O has really screwed up.  The guy that benefits most here is Mewelde Moore.  Moore is a better back than Bennett and from the way he ran last year he breaks plenty of tackles.  I can't remember, but someone posted a stat that Mewelde Moore broke more tackles than any other back per games started.  Moore is a good kid and a football player, won't be long before he rises to the top of the depth chart.  Plus he catches the football like a WR.
Slash, I noticed that the big purple O you've been sporting in yoiur sig for a year now has suddenly just today disappeared.All the dorks on the O bandwagon have just been :bag:

Can someone please dig up some of those heated debates and bump them?
What good would that do?

Not much of a leap of faith to speculate:

A. Mr. Smith gets caught in the M-SP airport with Wizzinator

B. Mr. Smith was carrying Wizz and freeze dried wizz for a reason

C. Mr. Smith attends practice.

D. After practice, NFL says, "Hey Mr. Smith, come pee in this cup for me."

E. OMG it's got bud in it!

F. 1-year to light up
This makes sense, SOD carrying around the Original Whizzinator pretty much was an admission of guilt, "random" drug test was sure to follow.
:yes: Edit: I'm just agreeing with this logical speculation. Not confirming anything.

Moore - 3rd down back.

There could be a problem here, in that Bennett has seldom been a 20 carry guy.Game by game data

2001 -- 13 games played, 1 game over 20 carries

2002 -- 16 games played, 1 game over 20 carries

2003 -- 8 games played, 1 game over 20 carries

2004 -- 10 games played, 0 games over 20 carries

Total -- 47 games played, 3 games over 20 carries
Did Randy Moss play in any of those 47 games?

I'm not going to do the research for you (I don't have past target data), but I'm sure if you look you can find lots of RBs with better than a 3/47 20+ carry ratio who also had a WR with Moss-like targets. I'm thinking, real quick off the top of my head --

Ricky Watters -- Jerry Rice

Emmitt Smith -- Michael Irvin

Or how about Cincinnati in 2004?

Rudi Johnson (16 GP, 11 games with more than 20 carries -- Chad Johnson (league leader with 178 targets)

The fact is that the Vikings have chosen to split carries when Bennett has played, and it's got nothing to do with Moss.

I'm not going to do the research for you (I don't have past target data), but I'm sure if you look you can find lots of RBs with better than a 3/47 20+ carry ratio who also had a WR with Moss-like targets. I'm thinking, real quick off the top of my head --

Ricky Watters -- Jerry Rice

Emmitt Smith -- Michael Irvin

Or how about Cincinnati in 2004?

Rudi Johnson (16 GP, 11 games with more than 20 carries -- Chad Johnson (league leader with 158 targets)

The fact is that the Vikings have chosen to split carries when Bennett has played, and it's got nothing to do with Moss.
Having said all of that, wouldn't you agree that his workload - as well as the ENTIRE running game - would figure to increase sans the presence of Moss?

Having said all of that, wouldn't you agree that his workload - as well as the ENTIRE running game - would figure to increase sans the presence of Moss?
Yes, absolutely. I agree their overall philosophy will shift to more of a running team without Moss as a weapon, and with an improved defense. I just don't see Bennett getting 20 carries a game very often. More than before, but not like some of the workhorse backs that can carry your fantasy team week in and week out. I was simply disputing the "20 carries" assumption.

Yes, absolutely. I agree their overall philosophy will shift to more of a running team without Moss as a weapon, and with an improved defense. I just don't see Bennett getting 20 carries a game very often. More than before, but not like some of the workhorse backs that can carry your fantasy team week in and week out. I was simply disputing the "20 carries" assumption.
Fair enough, but you have to keep in mind the total package you're getting with Bennett. Screen passes are a staple of Minnesota's offense, especially when MB is the RB personnel. And he seems to execute it to perfection... from the chip block, to slipping out in the flat, to patiently setting up his lineman, to exploding through the crease... he runs that play beautifully. What I'm saying is, you don't NEED him to tote the rock 20 times, because there is a good chance he's gonna get you 50+ receiving.

Fair enough, but you have to keep in mind the total package you're getting with Bennett. Screen passes are a staple of Minnesota's offense, especially when MB is the RB personnel. And he seems to execute it to perfection... from the chip block, to slipping out in the flat, to patiently setting up his lineman, to exploding through the crease... he runs that play beautifully. What I'm saying is, you don't NEED him to tote the rock 20 times, because there is a good chance he's gonna get you 50+ receiving.
This is a guy who has never caught more than 37 passes in a 16-game season (just over 2 per game), and never got more than 351 yards receiving in a 16-game season.

This is a guy who has never caught more than 37 passes in a 16-game season (just over 2 per game), and never got more than 351 yards receiving in a 16-game season.
Again, stats accumulated during the Moss era are meaningless. He had to be the focus.

Again, stats accumulated during the Moss era are meaningless. He had to be the focus.
lol. So every single statistic about any pro game Bennett has ever played in his career is irrelevant.

Gotcha.

lol. So every single statistic about any pro game Bennett has ever played in his career is irrelevant.

Gotcha.
If it suits my argument.... yes.

ESPN ran a story on Sportscenter that seemed to confirm that he was done for the year.
So what's our best guess? Does he realize he's at a crossroads in his career - and his life - and check himself into rehab to begin walking the straight and narrow? Or does he kick back and smoke some more tree, figuring "What the hell... I'm already suspended anyway!"

Switz is probably on 24 hour suicide watch. I hate to say this, nay I don't, I told you so Switz. :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread