What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Option A or Option B for Vacation (1 Viewer)

Which one

• Option A

Votes: 60 50.8%
  • Option B

Votes: 58 49.2%

• Total voters
I used to get high strung about perfecting each vacation, but I've thrown in the towel and elected to let the chips fall where they do.  Drinking starting at at noon helps. 

Good news, I (my wife) went with the most entertaining option for everyone here :thumbup:  

I will be leaving for the Caribbean at 5am within the next 10 days, I will post about my experience here... On the positive front, I have to imagine an airport at 330am is a fairly calm and quiet place. 

I will be waking up at 2am and out of the house by 230am. I will be sitting (or sleeping) on a beach by 11am, hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven’t read it all but to me the answer is it depends on the kids and how good they sleep and how well they manage with interrupted schedules.  We were fortunate and all of ours were good sleepers and travelers - no brainer Option B for me.

Option B is just asking for trouble. 

Show up at 1am and deal with the skeleton crew?  Not to mention, I'm guessing the resort is not right next to the airport so you have to deal with "the locals" at 1am.

Hell no.

Other than the 1am arrival is a little later than I'd want, I'm kind of surprised by the voting. We have a cabin that's about a 4 hour drive +/- depending on traffic. We go down for long weekends throughout the summer. When we first started going we always drove down in the morning but a number of years ago started leaving after work the day before - Usually get down there between 10 pm +/- depending on when we can actually get out of town. It's a major improvement, IMO. Get there, get settled, get a good night sleep and then start the vacation bright and early instead of losing a half day to travel. 

Other than the 1am arrival is a little later than I'd want, I'm kind of surprised by the voting. We have a cabin that's about a 4 hour drive +/- depending on traffic. We go down for long weekends throughout the summer. When we first started going we always drove down in the morning but a number of years ago started leaving after work the day before - Usually get down there between 10 pm +/- depending on when we can actually get out of town. It's a major improvement, IMO. Get there, get settled, get a good night sleep and then start the vacation bright and early instead of losing a half day to travel. 
And we aren't even saving hundreds of dollars - but the extra time is a billion times more valuable.

Totally forgot about this thread and thought upon seeing it at top “holy hell, girl A is back in the picture with a competing vacation option to girl B?!?  He’s not gonna pull some crazy stay at next door hotels and run back and forth between the 2 like some hokey movie, right?!?”

As stated somewhere above there's a large difference between hopping in a car for a few hours and airport travel. Most kids will just sleep the entire time of the drive but that ain't happening for many with all the steps involved in air travel. Not to mention the process to follow after you land, before you can climb into your cozy bed.  it may still work for some but for me, knowing my kids it's a recipe for disaster almost guaranteed to affect us negatively the first full day there.  Remove the kids and it's a totally different scenario.

As stated somewhere above there's a large difference between hopping in a car for a few hours and airport travel. Most kids will just sleep the entire time of the drive but that ain't happening for many with all the steps involved in air travel. Not to mention the process to follow after you land, before you can climb into your cozy bed.  it may still work for some but for me, knowing my kids it's a recipe for disaster almost guaranteed to affect us negatively the first full day there.  Remove the kids and it's a totally different scenario.
Yeah... as I said, the 1 am as compared to 10 or 11 pm definitely makes a difference. Also the 4 YO is a factor. If they were like 7 and 10, I'd just tell them to suck it up, IMO (barring extenuating circumstances). 

Yeah... as I said, the 1 am as compared to 10 or 11 pm definitely makes a difference. Also the 4 YO is a factor. If they were like 7 and 10, I'd just tell them to suck it up, IMO (barring extenuating circumstances). 
He is the X factor. I had a lengthy talk with him last night, I'm terrified. 7 year old is :moneybag:
My wife hates flying too, but she has valium to cool her jets...

Option B is just asking for trouble. 

Show up at 1am and deal with the skeleton crew?  Not to mention, I'm guessing the resort is not right next to the airport so you have to deal with "the locals" at 1am.

Hell no.
This guy knows the Caribbean, especially the ladies. 

Puerto Rico, nowhere near earthquake impacted areas. 
PR is pretty fun. Do a tour at the Bacardi factory and drink a bunch of free samples.

For some reason I was thinking you were going to Europe. I clearly can't read bc the OP said tropical destination. IIRC, Puerto Rico is Eastern time so not changing time zones should help a lot.  Probably wouldn't have changed my vote, but might have if I knew I wouldn't be messing with kids sleep schedules too much. 

PR is pretty fun. Do a tour at the Bacardi factory and drink a bunch of free samples.

For some reason I was thinking you were going to Europe. I clearly can't read bc the OP said tropical destination. IIRC, Puerto Rico is Eastern time so not changing time zones should help a lot.  Probably wouldn't have changed my vote, but might have if I knew I wouldn't be messing with kids sleep schedules too much. 
One hour ahead of eastern. Super Bowl won't be kicking off until 7:30. Wife has already agreed to taking the 4 year old back to the room when he starts losing his ####. The 7 year old is absolutely making it through this one yelling and cheering imo. 

i'll be up, so feel free to check in from the airport!  where are you staying?  north shore?  i haven't been in  a long time, but used to go to that area a lot.
Yea, Atlantic Ocean side. Have a buddy in Rincon, might take a trek across the island for a day, but IDK...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to go to this networking dinner tonight, guess a bonus of not taking the flight tonight. It’s from 730-900, not sure if I get home and try for a nap from like 11pm-2am or just stay up until 2am. The next 12 hours will prob suck, but I feel the reward will be worth it.

I have to go to this networking dinner tonight, guess a bonus of not taking the flight tonight. It’s from 730-900, not sure if I get home and try for a nap from like 11pm-2am or just stay up until 2am. The next 12 hours will prob suck, but I feel the reward will be worth it.
The reward of cranky children and a doped up wife? Absolutely.

Users who are viewing this thread