What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Option A or Option B for Vacation (1 Viewer)

Which one

• Option A

Votes: 60 50.8%
  • Option B

Votes: 58 49.2%

• Total voters
I have to go to this networking dinner tonight, guess a bonus of not taking the flight tonight. It’s from 730-900, not sure if I get home and try for a nap from like 11pm-2am or just stay up until 2am. The next 12 hours will prob suck, but I feel the reward will be worth it.
This being an 8 day trip really diminishes the whole “get there early for extra vacation time” selling point. Figured you were talking a 4-5 day quickie. 

Spent many time in PR.

As far as travel... We just flew into Florida 2 months ago. Just me the wife and 14 year old. We were supposed to land around 1:30 with 50 minute drive to hotel. Flight got delayed. Didn't make it to hotel until 3. I had same thought about enjoying the day. We probably didn't get settled until 3:30. Forced ourselves to get up around 9. Didn't get anywhere until probably 1pm and was miserable lol

Wife came into my shower 25 minutes ago, she woke herself up. Younger one is up, tired, but excited and in an excellent mood (given the circumstances).

Red eye w/kids then having to switch rooms?
I guess its all based on your perception, but I dont consider getting in at 1:00am to be a "red-eye". To me, that's just getting in late. Sleep in a little longer the next morning and good to go. I consider a "red-eye" to be when you show up around 11/12/1am and dont get to your destination untii 5/6/7am (ie: completely wrecks your sleep schedule if you cant sleep on flight).

I also dont consider what he did today to be "getting up early". To me, he's "getting up in the middle of the night" and his sleep schedule it wrecked. So from my perspective, Id much rather "arrive late" than "get up in the middle of the night". 

Yea, Atlantic Ocean side. Have a buddy in Rincon, might take a trek across the island for a day, but IDK...
Fajardo? I usually stay at the El Conquistador Waldorf property when in PR.  Really nice.  That's one hell of a drive from the airport though, no way would I want to do that at 1:00 am but it sounds like you're getting there in the morning so it should be all good. 

There's a little train that goes down to the beach is pretty cool and there's a boat to get to the bigger beach.  The morning sun in PR is pretty brutal, put on lots of sunscreen.  Have fun bud. 

Anyways, 5am flight is how the FC family does vacations moving forward.

Pros: 

1) Zero traffic to the airport, made it there in under 30 minutes, normally closer to an hour.

2) Kids woke up with no issues at 2am, not cranky or anything, super excited to go on vacation.

3) Kids were well-behaved throughout. Fully charged iPads and Nintendos was all it took.

4) Arrived at the resort at 10:30am, room was ready by 11:30am, drunk by 1pm.

5) Enjoy entire first day of vacation.

6) No complaints about leaving beach/pool/dinner and going to bed by 8pm as everyone is tired.

7) In bed by 9pm and huge night of rest to be fully energized next day.

8) Cheapest flight

Cons:

1) I lost my sunglasses on this first day, prob a unique problem, so just be more responsible than me.

2) ???

Verdict:

5am flight :thumbup:

Anyways, 5am flight is how the FC family does vacations moving forward.

Pros: 

1) Zero traffic to the airport, made it there in under 30 minutes, normally closer to an hour.

2) Kids woke up with no issues at 2am, not cranky or anything, super excited to go on vacation.

3) Kids were well-behaved throughout. Fully charged iPads and Nintendos was all it took.

4) Arrived at the resort at 10:30am, room was ready by 11:30am, drunk by 1pm.

5) Enjoy entire first day of vacation.

6) No complaints about leaving beach/pool/dinner and going to bed by 8pm as everyone is tired.

7) In bed by 9pm and huge night of rest to be fully energized next day.

😎 Cheapest flight

Cons:

1) I lost my sunglasses on this first day, prob a unique problem, so just be more responsible than me.

2) Chiefs Rule!

Verdict:

5am flight :thumbup:
FYP

Awesome...glad it worked out.

We leave next Tuesday. Can't. Frigging. Wait.

I think I could the kids on board with your plan, its the Mrs who would submarine it...hates getting up early and early flights. 

Not for nothing - the early flight are great when things work out - especially having the room ready - that doesn't always happen.

To me personally - they feel like they are extra sucky when something "goes wrong"  - compared to a normal flight when something is delayed, lost luggage etc

Users who are viewing this thread