What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Patriots at Dolphins** (-8.5, 47) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

I'm on the other side of this. I think NE stinks and got lucky against a really banged up Bills D. I think Miami wins easily in like a 38-10 kind of game.

I think Hill and Waddle will both just be running free all day. I'm not sure the Pats pass rush can take advantage of Miami's OL injuries, with Judon on IR.

The bigger injury news than Miami's OL, I think, is the return of Jalen Ramsey. I just can't really see NE doing much offensively to keep up with Miami.

I'm on the other side of this. I think NE stinks and got lucky against a really banged up Bills D. I think Miami wins easily in like a 38-10 kind of game.

I think Hill and Waddle will both just be running free all day. I'm not sure the Pats pass rush can take advantage of Miami's OL injuries, with Judon on IR.

The bigger injury news than Miami's OL, I think, is the return of Jalen Ramsey. I just can't really see NE doing much offensively to keep up with Miami.
Ramsey takes Bourne away so NE runs heavy with seam routes to Henry and Gesicki.

The trick will be for NE to TRY to limit Hill without Gonzalez (who held him to 40 yards in the first matchup). I dont think they can.

Miami 23 - NE 17

I think NE stinks

I don't think their defense stinks and they played Philly tough. Tougher than Miami did.

I think you're being too cavalier about New England's chances, though I don't like their chances, either. But 38-10 or something like it is a barnburning rout.

Miami 27, New England 17

Last week Mac returned to the rookie version, making good throws under pressure. If he plays like that today, especially with Holland out and X either out or not 100%, NE will score 21+ points. Ramsey might not play much.

Belichick always finds a way to contain Hill. Tua will have to throw to Waddle, WilsonBerrios, Smythe. MIA 27 - NE 24.

Jalen Ramsey active and will make his Dolphins debut today.

Dolphins also wearing their throwback white jerseys today - wish it was permanent.

If Eicheberg plays C instead of Connor Williams (groin) Tua may have to make throws in under 2 seconds.

I was shocked to learn that the Patriots have the highest rated offensive tackle and the highest rated tight end so far according to PFF. What can Brown(s) do for you?

It's windy down in Miami Beach. 15 mph from the east with gusts to 20 or more. There's a chance of a fast moving 5 minute shower at the stadium. The wind should be less at the stadium which is about 7 miles inland, and it's closed, so it shouldn't be a factor.

I was shocked to learn that the Patriots have the highest rated offensive tackle and the highest rated tight end so far according to PFF. What can Brown(s) do for you?
In game 2, Miami had 4 sacks and 8 TFL. It was Chubb, AVG, and Wilkins. I think NE adjusts. I'd bet the over. It should be a close game.

New England historically struggles in Miami IIRC. I need more than 1 decent game from Mac Jones to call it a trend. Miami 27-16

AFC East rivals collide.
Looks like Hill and Mostert are good to go for Miami.
Tua is playing well this year.
I think Miami's defense will keep New England's offense in check and Miami's offense will be the best unit on the field.
Nostradumbass predicts...

Fins- 30
Pats- 19

Looks like we will find out if last week was a fluke or if the Pats have turned the corner...as stated above at Miami has not been kind to the Pats at their best so today is a real test...asking for a win with this roster is a lot but if they can make it a real game they can build off of last week and give them some momentum going into a stretch of what should be some potentially winnable games...on another note I saw BB at a lax game on Friday night and even if I did not know it was him I would have from how he walks...it is very distinct when you see it live.

Looks like we will find out if last week was a fluke or if the Pats have turned the corner...as stated above at Miami has not been kind to the Pats at their best so today is a real test...asking for a win with this roster is a lot but if they can make it a real game they can build off of last week and give them some momentum going into a stretch of what should be some potentially winnable games...on another note I saw BB at a lax game on Friday night and even if I did not know it was him I would have from how he walks...it is very distinct when you see it live.
I think BUF D clearly isn't what was expected due to injuries. That said, I think some things started to fall in place with the O line.

Think Bill B. usually does a decent job on T. Hill. Could see NE forcing everything underneath, a lot of dump offs to RBs, screens, etc.

I think NE keeps it a game and NE fans are thinking upset only to see Mac get blind side strip sacked with 5 minutes to go.

Miami 23
NE 20

Isn't Tua 5-0 against Darth Bill? Miami looks to get right in a divisional game.

MIA 34
NEP 21
Yes Tua is 5-0 against NE, but the MIA offense has only averaged 18.6 ppg in those games. The Pats have given away defensive scores in most of those games. Most of the games were one possession games at the end and the Dolphins got a stop and / or a defense TD late to put the game out of reach. Miami should win, but I doubt it will be a high score or blowout.

Miami punting in New England territory at their 39 yd line...
Net 19 on the PUNT

Huge WIN for the Patriots there
Bypassed a 57 yard FG. Right move, the punter messed up.
What about the play call on 3rd and 10? After 2 runs that went nowhere?
Chase Claypool? C'mon, where are the playmakers, where is Waddle after the 4th down catch, that was nice but where is Hill, has to be better options.

Tua looks a little off so far, I'm sure he'll get on track

Pretty weak effort by Stevenson to get that first down there. 1yd short of the first and he just collapses to the ground to protect the goods rather than lowering his shoulder into the defender to try and pick it up.

Can Coach McDaniel and Tua adjust to taking Hill away. More passes to the TEs, even Julian Hill who was open earlier.

Tua just planted it from the 50, dead center of the throwback logo
Beautiful arching pass drops right into Tyreek Hill's bread basket on the Touchdown

TD to Cedric Wilson on 2nd and goal at the 1 yd line

Miami passed on 1st D and 2nd D at the 1-yd line
The Phins Rush game is non-existent right now

Users who are viewing this thread