What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Patriots at Vikings (-2.5, 42.5)*** Turkey Night Football on NBC (2 Viewers)

Cook is cooked. Just doesn't look good anymore. Just my view
He looks like he’s lost his lateral quickness.

Still has burst and top end speed, but if the whole isn’t there he has no shimmy to get yards.

On that catch he had in the second quarter where he didn’t cut back to the left and just ran into a tackle highlighted it imo
That's more fair. He's still a solid starting RB, but he's not elite anymore. He's still better than Mattison though.

ETA: Feel that way about Kamara too.

Wrong guy scored I needed that to JJ I sat Thielen in every league. When I played him this year he scores like 4 or 9 pts so of course not playing vs a great NE pass DF............

Since NE was stupid enough not to call a timeout there I would throw the ball here why not try and win it rather then worry about giving up 1 timeout. Clock stopping either way.

Still has burst and top end speed, but if the whole isn’t there he has no shimmy to get yards.

On that catch he had in the second quarter where he didn’t cut back to the left and just ran into a tackle highlighted it imo
That's more fair. He's still a solid starting RB, but he's not elite anymore. He's still better than Mattison though.

Also it seems the oline is a hot mess in run blocking.

PS, Pats are solid up front.

What a horrific ending for New England. Mac Jones with 2 inexcusable sacks.
Random thought, but as much as he's overmatched as a HC, I find myself really wondering if Mac Jones REALLY misses Josh McDaniels as an OC. Jones looked great as a rookie, and now looks like one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. Off the top of my head, I'm struggling to remember a fall this precipitous from a 2nd year QB.

I mean, Mayfield fell a bit, but not this far, at least not this quick, current Mayfield compared to rookie Mayfield, sure.

Also it seems the oline is a hot mess in run blocking.

PS, Pats are solid up front.
Starting LT is out, both the guards are some of the lowest rated players in the league at their positions. And they played the #2 scoring defense in the NFL (#1 in fewest points given up to RB’s in fantasy.) For example, NE kept the Jets last week to 15 carries for 29 yards.

Random thought, but as much as he's overmatched as a HC, I find myself really wondering if Mac Jones REALLY misses Josh McDaniels as an OC. Jones looked great as a rookie, and now looks like one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. Off the top of my head, I'm struggling to remember a fall this precipitous from a 2nd year QB.

I mean, Mayfield fell a bit, but not this far, at least not this quick, current Mayfield compared to rookie Mayfield, sure.
Odd you say this on a game where Jones threw for 382/2/0 with a 120 rating. It was his best game as a pro. Except for the sacks at the end, he played great for 58:30.

Odd you say this on a game where Jones threw for 382/2/0 with a 120 rating. It was his best game as a pro. Except for the sacks at the end, he played great for 58:30.
Yeah, my only comment was about the sacks. Jones made some terrific throws in this game, a couple that maybe should have been caught on top of them.

Here’s a close up in super slo-mo of the Henry overturned TD. I still don’t see how this was conclusive that the ball hit the ground. His hand was under the ball. IMO, if they want to say he didn’t establish possession until after the ball moved and Henry brought the ball into his chest, fine. But if the ball didn’t hit the ground, it’s still a live ball. Henry was laying on the goal line and it would have been a catch at that point for a TD. Just the fact that the play had to get that much scrutiny makes it not clear and obvious. I thought they should have stuck with the ruling on the field.

LINK

More of a year overall thought than a, this particular game thought.

Users who are viewing this thread