What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pats Free Agents (1 Viewer)

The Pats resigned Hawkins.  He did a suprisingly nice job for a guy who came off the street.  While he's not a guy you want to see starting he'll be avery solid depth guy at a position that needs some depth.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...l_with_hawkins/
switching to S probably earned some respect from BB
That and the fact he was able to pick up the D so quickly. BB loves intelligent ballplayers (as well as versatile). Chad Brown was a former All Pro who was in camp and he never really learned the Pats system. Hawkins came in off the street in mid-season and was able to fit in right away.

That and the fact he was able to pick up the D so quickly. BB loves intelligent ballplayers (as well as versatile). Chad Brown was a former All Pro who was in camp and he never really learned the Pats system. Hawkins came in off the street in mid-season and was able to fit in right away.
Wouldn't learning to play S under BB be considerred far easier than LBer? Why do you say that about Brown?

That and the fact he was able to pick up the D so quickly.  BB loves intelligent ballplayers (as well as versatile).  Chad Brown was a former All Pro who was in camp and he never really learned the Pats system.  Hawkins came in off the street in mid-season and was able to fit in right away.
Wouldn't learning to play S under BB be considerred far easier than LBer? Why do you say that about Brown?
There were numerous articles in preseason about Brown and how much difficulty he was having learning the Pats new system. He just wasn't getting it. I remember one article where he pretty much said he could not believe how much difficulty he was having. Whether it was that or the fact he's nearing the end (or a combo of both) he was pretty much a non-entity with the Pats.

That and the fact he was able to pick up the D so quickly.  BB loves intelligent ballplayers (as well as versatile).  Chad Brown was a former All Pro who was in camp and he never really learned the Pats system.  Hawkins came in off the street in mid-season and was able to fit in right away.
There are a couple of blurbs here about Brown. I can't locate the articles that went into more depth:http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...one_giant_step/

http://www.woonsocketcall.com/site/news.cf...id=106787&rfi=6

Interesting that the Pats offered Vinatieri a contract that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the game and he still said no. I wonder how much he thinks he worth compared to all other kickers.

Interesting that the Pats offered Vinatieri a contract that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the game and he still said no. I wonder how much he thinks he worth compared to all other kickers.
My guess is he already has an offer ready to go. My other guess is it will blow way any deal previously given to a kicker. What that is I do not know but he seems extremely confident heading into free agency and rejected the Pats offer very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread