What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Paul Worrilow....who is he? (1 Viewer)

Holding him till next year and might replace Derrick Johnson on the Cheifs with him (assuming he keeps this up). I'm running with Johnson, Burfict and David so will look for a trade for DJ if I can get it.

Worrilow might be just what many of us were looking for.

Just grabbed him. Have Kuechly and Ryans after losing Mayo. This kid keeps it up he will be a nice one to replace maybe Mayo so I can lower my salary cap.

Dynasty wise pick him up ASAP, and hold, if he's really still on the wire. If you can trade for him try, but good luck with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody with info on where he played.....(position MLB?, WLB?)

When he played (all 3 downs?, nickle?.... etc.)

Would be appreciated!
I read he was playing MLB today (someone who watched can verify?). The big question was if he was going to stay in on 3rd down. I'm not sure about that one.

Yes he was in the middle. While I did see him in on 3rd downs I ddint watch the entire game. So, I'm not sure on snap counts. Picked him up in Dynasty anyway. Looking forward to more analysis. Dude was always around the ball.

This LB3 with a low floor continues to live up to his LB3 hype. Sean Witherspoon over Dent meant nothing. Good god man.

Picked him up in most of dynasty leagues the week before he blew up and he has been a force of nature ever since!

Activated off taxi and started! Running 4 LBs and this kid is staying in until he posts a goose egg. Freeman / Angerer / Woodyard all posting mediocre numbers week to week make Worrilow an easy start for me now.

And again, I thank thee, IDP forum. You are solely responsible for me adding him as a taxi prospect. :hifive:

To hell with fantasy experts, WTF were NFL teams thinking not rolling the dice on his measurables alone? The first name that popped up in my head was Te'o

To hell with fantasy experts, WTF were NFL teams thinking not rolling the dice on his measurables alone? The first name that popped up in my head was Te'o
I wonder the same thing all the time. The league is littered with guys I can't understand weren't drafted.

I just picked up Worrilow last week and have yet to see him play.

Do those who have watched him see potential for big plays (PD/INT/Sacks) or is he just a tackle monster whose his value might be more a function of volume?

He doesn't have anything other than tackles in the box score all year but don't know what he looks like in coverage, etc.

Last 3 week's have been unreal, WR1 type numbers in my leagues where tackles and assists are equal. He can't possibly keep up these numbers, can he?

Yeah that caught my eye as well. We only play 1 IDP spot in my 16-team league, so there's often a couple intriguing guys on the wire. Worrilow was unimpressive earlier this year, but it appears the learning curve paid off for the Falcons. He's got me thinking about subbing out Poz for him... tackle production is out of this world, and he's playing every single snap for a terrible team's defense.

Yeah that caught my eye as well. We only play 1 IDP spot in my 16-team league, so there's often a couple intriguing guys on the wire. Worrilow was unimpressive earlier this year, but it appears the learning curve paid off for the Falcons. He's got me thinking about subbing out Poz for him... tackle production is out of this world, and he's playing every single snap for a terrible team's defense.
Only unimpressive b/c he wasn't on the field...

We play only 1 LB in our Dynasty league, should I play Worrilow over Lavonte David or Laurinaitis tonight? Conflicted!

xmite said:
We play only 1 LB in our Dynasty league, should I play Worrilow over Lavonte David or Laurinaitis tonight? Conflicted!
I'd still play David or Laurinaitis over Worrilow. They've been doing it the entire season and are top 5 candidates every week. But Worrilow could blow up this week, too.

I just can't seeing going Worrilow over either of those guys when both the other options are established and strong plays this week.

Edited* to add that if you get more points for sacks than average then I'd go with David.

xmite said:
I'd still play David or Laurinaitis over Worrilow. They've been doing it the entire season and are top 5 candidates every week. But Worrilow could blow up this week, too.

I just can't seeing going Worrilow over either of those guys when both the other options are established and strong plays this week.

Edited* to add that if you get more points for sacks than average then I'd go with David.
I agree with this. I've got him behind perrenial studs like Kuechly, David and Derrick Johnson but above other every down guys like Ellerbe, Angerer, Donald Butler, etc.

Just haven't seen Worrilow in enough situations yet to know how both he and the coaches respond. For example with a heavy passing attack like the Saints tonight.

I picked him up in as many leagues as I could and tried to trade for him in others before he blew up....

Glad I have him with the teams I could get him!

So is Worrilow such a stud that a 12 tackle, 1.5 sack game for the first week of the fantasy playoffs is just to be expected at this point? Hence the no bump?

So is Worrilow such a stud that a 12 tackle, 1.5 sack game for the first week of the fantasy playoffs is just to be expected at this point? Hence the no bump?
I'm gald he got some sacks in. I haven't seen the game, but I'd like to think he showed that he can be an effective pass rusher as well, and the coaches use him in that capacity a bit more.

He also was credited with a pass defended, proving that he can play pass coverage too. If he can keep this up, I'm riding him all the way to a championship.

The dude missed a total of 3 snaps of the 400+ opportunites over the last 6 straight games.

Glass half full: His base & subpackage role lokks to be pretty much set at this time.

Glass half empty: This probably is a good measure for his ceiling and things can turn south in the long run.

The dude missed a total of 3 snaps of the 400+ opportunites over the last 6 straight games.

Glass half full: His base & subpackage role lokks to be pretty much set at this time.

Glass half empty: This probably is a good measure for his ceiling and things can turn south in the long run.
That half empty glass is looking mighty good.

Since Week 9 (his first big game) Paul Worrilow is the #1 LB in my league. We have a slightly modified scoring system, but unless you're in a league that scores "big plays" very heavily, then Worrilow is probably tops in yours as well. Top 3, at least, in most scoring systems.

Take away his first three weeks where he had huge games (which is very silly, btw - big games are part of any player's resume) and he's still 13th in my league.

I'd say being 13th every week is about his floor, and his ceiling is #1. That's very, very good.

Things change in the offseason, but as of now I'd only start a handful (maybe 4 guys?) ahead of him on a week to week basis.

Q right now...anything to worry about?

PER ESPN

Worrilow (shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.
Spin:
Worrilow previously appeared on the injury report in Week 12 due to a shoulder concern, but the ailment didn't stop him from posting nine tackles versus the Saints. Moreover, during his most recent six games, he's averaged a whopping 13.8 stops (8.3 solo). IDP owners should keep plugging him into lineups with the fantasy playoffs in full force.

Users who are viewing this thread