What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pegboard Etiquette Question (1 Viewer)

What is Proper Peg Board Etiquette

• Take The Pegs

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Leave The Pegs

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters

ChiefD

Footballguy
So, we are getting ready to move. I have several peg boards in my garage where I hang tools, fishing gear, rubber bands, paint can openers, string, brushes, BBQ tools.....etc.

I have quite a few pegs. Should I leave the pegs for the new owner or take them with me, where surely I will have a garage/shop where I will use them.

These are a lot of pegs people. What say you.

If I could do over, well I can but won't I would not have done peg board and just hung shelves/different hangers etc

And if there’s like a cool bottle opener, leave it, unless they get stupid with closing costs, then it goes with you.

Serious answer amidst all the shtick:

Ask the new owner. They may not even want them. Or they definitely want them and then you can decide if you want to leave it for free, for a cost, or still not at all.

Serious answer amidst all the shtick:

Ask the new owner. They may not even want them. Or they definitely want them and then you can decide if you want to leave it for free, for a cost, or still not at all.
If the prior owner suggested I pay for the pegs left on a peg board I might die of laughing

I think this is pretty simple. Sounds like you would definitely use them so I don’t know why you would consider leaving them? Are you leaving the hangers in the closets or the dishes in the cupboard?

I've bought and sold so many houses in my lifetime. I will say when buying I want 100% all your stuff out. All of it. When I sell I remove 100% of my stuff. This last house I moved into they left some shelving and hooks up in the garage. I actually kinda appreciated it. So now I say the garage is an area that has some wiggle room. All my opinion of course.

As it sounds like you have a ton of them I would leave some but not all (if you are going to use them in your new place). Leave a variety but make sure you take the ones you know you will really need.

I would only ask the owner if you know them or have some sort of relationship beyond just selling to them.

You guys all have good jokes. Let me go google some up on my work computer, I am sure nothing bad will come of it.

I assume you are putting up peg board at the new residence? If not, point seems moot. If so, leave the pegs you cheap *******.

how many pegs are there * how long to extract each peg = ?
and is that cost greater than the cost + time of purchasing new pegs

gotta put pegs in at the new place either way. if pegs are cheap enough i'd just buy new ones and skip the step of removing the old.

how many pegs are there * how long to extract each peg = ?
and is that cost greater than the cost + time of purchasing new pegs

gotta put pegs in at the new place either way. if pegs are cheap enough i'd just buy new ones and skip the step of removing the old.
Not a bad idea.

The benefit to keeping though is that the pegs I have now I KNOW are the right pegs I would need at a new place because they are already holding up everything that I need to peg.

If I buy new, then I have to record how many of what style I need to re-create the peg situation I have now.

Keep in mind that for showing your house, it's better to unclutter. So it'd be wise to pack away a good amount of your garage stuff before you start having open houses. Therefore, you might have half your pegs stored away before anyone even sees the garage. If you leave some behind (@Dezbelief 's 10%), you'll still seem like a decent guy. It's quite likely, too, that the buyer is a new homeowner and won't have nearly as much stuff as you've accumulated.

Leave several pegs so they can hang the basics. Beyond that, they can buy what they need.

Users who are viewing this thread