What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peyton & Eli Manning - alternate MNF program: ‘The ManningCast’ (1 Viewer)

Reading that it will be 

Q1 - Bill Parcells

Q2 - Kevin Hart

Q3 - Condoleeza Rice

Q4 - Julian Edelman

was hoping they'd have the Barber twins on for some awkward moments between Tiki and the Mannings.

Heard it mentioned a few times that Rice is a real football aficionado... get to see it first hand now.

I assume they can't get any current players anymore due to the curse? 
Mickelson was funny pointing out he is not playing any tourneys this week because he knew he was coming on the show last week. Eli followed it up with book only players who have bye weeks after. (i think that was eli, it could have been phil on that comment too.)

i doubt any player who would have come on the show would decline becuase of it, but then sports guys are probably more superstitious than most.

Kevin Hart has really grown on me lately. When he first broke out many years ago, I was like "who is this annoying gnat?" I can't say I really know of any of his actual work, but I've liked when I've seen him in interviews, etc. 

Kevin Hart has really grown on me lately. When he first broke out many years ago, I was like "who is this annoying gnat?" I can't say I really know of any of his actual work, but I've liked when I've seen him in interviews, etc. 

Dude had me in stitches last night. Clearly has a rapport with Eli... that was some funny stuff.

That bit about throwing for 832 yards in his only season of organized football as a child in Thailand... "That's unheard of for a 12-yr old!"

Even Mickelson then chiming in via Twitter about Kevin Hart breaking all of his Thailand peewee league passing records. 🤣

Seems like the active players have been squashed 

one guest per half is fine, and stick to football

Condy brought nothing and didn’t appear to be watching the game

You would think Letterman would be entertaining…so far, not good. 
I enjoyed Letterman's line about Peyton's statue having more mobility than him. Also, liked Aqib Talib telling Eli that Peyton didn't have a manual to give his teammates...he gave it verbal. 😆

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the Manningcast for the first time tonight. It's a much more relaxed way to watch the game. Joe Buck being kinda drunk was a bonus.

Watched the Manningcast for the first time tonight. It's a much more relaxed way to watch the game. Joe Buck being kinda drunk was a bonus.

I thought Talib and Buck were great. Letterman had a rough start, but pulled it together after the break.

Buck with the line of the night...

Peyton: "Hey Joe, you ever wish you could interview someone in the booth during a 4th quarter blowout to kind of carry the telecast"

Buck: "Yes, I felt that way when you played the Seahawks in the Super Bowl"

trader jake said:
I enjoyed Letterman's line about Peyton's statue having more mobility than him. Also, liked Aqib Talib telling Eli that Peyton didn't have a manual to give his teammates...he gave it verbal. 😆

Enjoyed Letterman's excuse as a 15-year-old to tell his bball coach why he didn't want to try out for the football team as a 150-pound end.

"I have claustrophobia".

Coach: "So?"

Letterman: "I don't think I'd be comfortable in a helmet".

I love Letterman but he was horrible last night. Too bad.

Definitely uncomfortable talking into a computer without live audience feedback.

He pulled it together but agreed... very rough start and hard to watch (the rocking back and forth that someone from his crew told him about - and he was humble enough to share).

I could have sworn at one point that Buck was vaping; the way the shadows from his lighting setup crossed his hand when he had his hand on his chin made it look like he just said "to hell with this, I'm off the clock, at my own place in Cabo, what's the big deal?"

Capella said:
My hot take all season has been that this is so much better without any guests. With the rare exception the guests detract from those two. 
I think you're right. Some of us old timers remember Monday Night Football in the 70's when they tried that schtick then, like inviting John Lennon and Burt Reynolds and other pop culture figures in the booth with them. It seemed like a cool idea and it was fun for about the first 15 seconds until it got awkward, or maybe just bad TV

I could have sworn at one point that Buck was vaping; the way the shadows from his lighting setup crossed his hand when he had his hand on his chin made it look like he just said "to hell with this, I'm off the clock, at my own place in Cabo, what's the big deal?"
I noticed that as well. He had a ballpoint pen in his hand, but he was definitely bringing it up to his mouth like he was doing it in place of a vape... like he's trying to quit or didn't want to hit the pen on live TV lol

I thought Talib and Buck were great. Letterman had a rough start, but pulled it together after the break.

Buck with the line of the night...

Peyton: "Hey Joe, you ever wish you could interview someone in the booth during a 4th quarter blowout to kind of carry the telecast"

Buck: "Yes, I felt that way when you played the Seahawks in the Super Bowl"
I think this just makes Buck's announcing even worse when you realize he could just be funny and witty and not so awful all game every game.

I think this just makes Buck's announcing even worse when you realize he could just be funny and witty and not so awful all game every game.
yea, still not funny or witty during the telecasts, but not as awful as a few years ago. buck's come a long way imo, he use to be so dry and just down right wrong about football things he said (or maybe just out of context very often back in the day to put it nicely), but now i think he and troy make a pretty good duo.

I only watched the Manning broadcast for a few minutes because they were talking about a golf outing with Al Michaels that did not interest me in the least.  I meant to tune in again but kinda forgot about it.

This week could be interesting since it is Roethlisberger’s last regular season home game and I would think both Peyton and Eli would have interesting insight.  Also because Peyton played against Ben for a number of years and Eli was part of the same draft class.

I am going to the game but msy record it

I wish these guys were more entertaining.  I can't get into it as much as the regular game in the slightest.  Kinda boring.

Denver, imo. 
Maybe.  They seemed to be loading up for that.

My guess..given his recent comments and talking about teammates and about changes…they find a way to keep him in GB.  Has the OL…has the coach and system he likes and thrives in.

I've liked it in the past but agree that it has been a little weak tonight.  Some of it depends on the guests.  Goddell was a stiff tonight.  I also kind of like when it's just the 2 of them as the sarcasm/comedy goes up quite a bit.  
Goodell and his constant fake laughing was giving me a headache

Users who are viewing this thread