What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peyton & Eli Manning - alternate MNF program: ‘The ManningCast’ (1 Viewer)

Snoop needs to work on that band name :lol:  
Snoop and the Double QB. 🙂

The show works best with Peyton and Eli or Peyton and Eli with a guest that can also break the game down or push the Mannings to answer questions.  Most guests are a big negative but some were great (Aaron Rodgers last night breaking down the TD pass to Adams on Sunday or earlier in the season with Phil Mickelson come to mind).

Snoop and the Double QB. 🙂

The show works best with Peyton and Eli or Peyton and Eli with a guest that can also break the game down or push the Mannings to answer questions. 

I don't disagree... kind of a perfect world thing.

I assume the idea is for alternate programming, alternate approach. There's already the MNF broadcast team that is supposed to do what you describe above. Not sure ESPN wants two shows focusing on the same game with the same/similar approach. I feel like the intent here is comparable to if you were watching the game with friends, or in a bar (or something) where you don't necessarily hear the broadcast at all. The conversations are featured and "oh by the way... there's a game going on" kind of feel.

At least that's my take. I might miss bits and pieces of the game, but the banter is head-and-shoulders above listening to the MNF booth team. Then again - I don't really focus on the games when I am actually watching them anyway... usually a backdrop to other things I'm doing.

Different strokes.

I've liked it in the past but agree that it has been a little weak tonight.  Some of it depends on the guests.  Goddell was a stiff tonight.  I also kind of like when it's just the 2 of them as the sarcasm/comedy goes up quite a bit.  

Goodell was a poor choice for a guest. Absolutely no chance he would be anything but guarded with is answers. He's the freakin' Commish!

Good stuff with Cowher in Q1 though.

Eli: Larry, don't you wish you were out there helping the Cardinals tonight?

Fitz: I couldn't get open now if Peyton was covering me. I'm fine where I'm at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Manningcast guest list Week 3: Here's who will join Peyton, Eli Manning on 'Monday Night Football'

Manningcast guests for Week 3​

• Jimmy Johnson, former Cowboys coach
  • Pat McAfee, former Colts punter
  • Tracy Morgan, actor/comedian

Jimmy Johnson​

Johnson is the Cowboys-centered guest for the week, having served as Dallas' second-ever coach in franchise history, from 1989 through 1993. His stint includes two straight Super Bowl-winning teams in 1992 and 1993, the latter of which is the second-most recent Super Bowl in franchise history (Barry Switzer won one in his second season in 1995).

Johnson, it should be noted, was formerly teammates with owner Jerry Jones at Arkansas. It will be worth watching what he says of Jones and the current state of the Cowboys.

Pat McAfee​

McAfee, a former Colts punter, has become one of the most prominent media personalities in both the NFL and college football in recent years. He undoubtedly will cut up with the Manning brothers while providing insight into the game — likely paying special attention to the punter play. "For the brand," as he always says.

Tracy Morgan​

Morgan will follow Joel McHale in Week 1 as the non-football (and Giants-specific) guest for Week 3. The die-hard New York fan has appeared on "The Eli Manning Show" in years past, speaking with the former Giants quarterback on several occasions.

Tracey Morgan is not that funny tonight. The Mannings look dumbfounded

He's never funny off script. Great sketch comic, but never found him funny in moments like this. His best line tonight was not being able to remember the name of his favorite Giants RB...

Morgan: And I had the jersey of my favorite player, MIGHTY, JOE, YOUNG!"

Peyton: You mean Joe Morris?

Morgan: Yeah.

-------------------------------------------

Crack up moment was McAfee on there talking about the beauty of the SFF @ DEN game... Peyton complaining of course about the lack of offense, "DEN punted 10 times!"

Eli: Denver should have paid the punter $240 million instead of Russ.

He's never funny off script. Great sketch comic, but never found him funny in moments like this. His best line tonight was not being able to remember the name of his favorite Giants RB...

Crack up moment was McAfee on there talking about the beauty of the SFF @ DEN game... Peyton complaining of course about the lack of offense, "DEN punted 10 times!"

Well let’s give him a pass tonight. He was clearly toasted beyond belief.

Was he? I just thought that he never fully recovered from his accident... kinda "punch drunk" for the rest of his life.

Was he? I just thought that he never fully recovered from his accident... kinda "punch drunk" for the rest of his life.

Thanks. I actually had no idea about that event.

I don't mind when their guests are former players, especially guys that played different positions than QB and they use the guest to help them discuss the game, strategy, etc. Any non-NFL related guest (Tracy Morgan, sheesh) has no business being on this show. And I'd be 100% fine with no guests at all and just let E&P go back and forth.

I don't mind when their guests are former players, especially guys that played different positions than QB and they use the guest to help them discuss the game, strategy, etc. Any non-NFL related guest (Tracy Morgan, sheesh) has no business being on this show. And I'd be 100% fine with no guests at all and just let E&P go back and forth.
They need to bring on JB Smoove.

Agreed somewhat. I don't care who the guest is, but the guest has to challenge the Manning brothers. Talk ****, talk game..... push back.

I love the brother's chemistry, but I find myself watching the regular broadcast of MNF more often because I do not like how they cut down the screen showing the game (and I have a 65 inch TV) and when they have guests it distracts from the game. Buck and Aikman are dull, but I prefer to be hearing about what's going on on the field rather than what Tracy Morgan is up to.

The guests on this show from what I have see are seen as people they 'have to' include and tolerate while they rather just watch the game. Peyton actually seems annoyed with the guest as they have to ask them interview questions while he is solely focused on the game. Peyton is so much fun to see his reactions and how immersed he is while watching tho. I think the backgrund irritation adds to the entertainment imo. But agreed, its way more insightful when they actually talk about the game.

Users who are viewing this thread