What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Plax vs the Giants (1 Viewer)

shadyridr

Footballguy
Typical revenge game from Plax IMO. If you have him you have to start him. Rex Ryan is enough of a show boat that you know he'll make sure the O Coordinator has plays design for Plax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this is bad advice. The outcome could very well end up being right, but it won't be because Ryan forces Schotty to feature Burress.

I'm reminded of Jerry Rice's last game as a 49er when everyone thought he'd have a monster day.

Terrell Owens ended that day with 20 receptions, 283 yards and a TD.

Start Santonio.

LOL........anybody having to actually start a Jets player, must be in the running for the "Consolation Bowls". :bag:

Yeah this is bad advice. The outcome could very well end up being right, but it won't be because Ryan forces Schotty to feature Burress.
There was a game they were up big this year and Rex almost got Sanchez killed trying to get plax a td, could easily happen again.

'Avery said:
Typical revenge game from Plax IMO.
What exactly woudl Plax be looking to get revenge for? :confused:
That Eli and most of the other guys didn't have the class to visit his ### in jail.
You're kidding right?Plax foolishly screwed up years of his life (although the jail time was overly punitive because of his celebrity, but that's for another thread) and screwed up the Giants season when he shot himself. IIRC, they had the best record in the league when he took himself out.Regardless, the Giants have a tradition of following the great Wellington Mara of caring for their players beyond football. Mr. Mara stood by LT throughout they years, despite repeated bad decisions by LT, and the Giants ownership did in fact visit Plaxico in jail and, as well as Giants players, were in communication with Plaxico, althogh they didn't make a big spectacle of it.The Giants also made a solid, incentive based offer to Plaxico, but the Jets apparently made a bigger one.Again, why would Plaxico have any animosity against the Giants?

'Avery said:
That Eli and most of the other guys didn't have the class to visit his ### in jail.
You're kidding right?Plax foolishly screwed up years of his life (although the jail time was overly punitive because of his celebrity, but that's for another thread) and screwed up the Giants season when he shot himself. IIRC, they had the best record in the league when he took himself out.Regardless, the Giants have a tradition of following the great Wellington Mara of caring for their players beyond football. Mr. Mara stood by LT throughout they years, despite repeated bad decisions by LT, and the Giants ownership did in fact visit Plaxico in jail and, as well as Giants players, were in communication with Plaxico, althogh they didn't make a big spectacle of it.The Giants also made a solid, incentive based offer to Plaxico, but the Jets apparently made a bigger one.Again, why would Plaxico have any animosity against the Giants?
lmao dude. do u ignore all the reports. plax has animosity towards the giants. whether we agree that that animosity was deserved is not the point. plax hates the giants. its well documented.

'Avery said:
lmao dude. do u ignore all the reports. plax has animosity towards the giants. whether we agree that that animosity was deserved is not the point. plax hates the giants. its well documented.
You seem to have missed my point, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough.To clarify, I wasn't addressing whether or not Plaxico has animosity towards the Giants, I'm more pointing out how foolish he would be to feel that way.

'Avery said:
You seem to have missed my point, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough.To clarify, I wasn't addressing whether or not Plaxico has animosity towards the Giants, I'm more pointing out how foolish he would be to feel that way.
lol wtf. plax hates the giants, this is well documented. thats why he would like to get revenge. you telling me he shouldnt want revenge has no bearing on my post. honestly no clue what ####in point youre trying to make.

'Avery said:
lol wtf. plax hates the giants, this is well documented. thats why he would like to get revenge. honestly no clue what ####in point youre trying to make.
I just clarified what point I'm trying to make and I don't think I can simplify it any further, but I'll try.Here it goes:OK. Plax angry. But Plaxico shouldn't be angry at Giants. Plaxico should only be angry at Plaxico.

'Avery said:
lol wtf. plax hates the giants, this is well documented. thats why he would like to get revenge. honestly no clue what ####in point youre trying to make.
I just clarified what point I'm trying to make and I don't think I can dumb it simplify it any further, but I'll try.Here it goes:OK. Plax angry. But Plaxico shouldn't be angry at Giants. Plaxico should only be angry at Plaxico.
ok but that has no bearing on why plax would consider this a revenge game. which was the original point you were trying to debate. you were arguing a point that had ZERO bearing on my original post. no clue why

'Avery said:
I just clarified what point I'm trying to make and I don't think I can dumb it simplify it any further, but I'll try.Here it goes:OK. Plax angry. But Plaxico shouldn't be angry at Giants. Plaxico should only be angry at Plaxico.
ok but that has no bearing on why plax would consider this a revenge game. which was the original point you were trying to debate. you were arguing a point that had ZERO bearing on my original post. no clue why
Actually, I was never trying to debate weather or not Plaxico considers this a "revenge game". Sure you started this thread, but that doesn't make you the "dear leader" of every post in here. I thought in a thread discussing Plaxico's apparent anger towards the Giants, a bit of examination into how silly that is would be germaine to the discussion.To help you get this back to where you want it to be, whether or not Plaxico does well will have a #### ton more to do with the pressure the Giants get on Sanchez because the Giants secondary is decimated with injuries and their defensive scheme is suspect, then how angry Plaxico is at the Giants. I don't think he'll do any better because he may feel wronged.Furthermore, Ryan is a blowhard, but he will call the gameplan he thinks is best against the Giants regardless of how Plaxico may feel.

holy ####### ####. man, i might be new here, but this board is full of pettiness to the highest ####### degree, eh?

If you have Plax, sure start him. The simple point is that he is probably gonna be amped up for this quite a bit, has probably mentioned it to Sanchez, and given the state of the Giants' pass defense, I would say its a safe play. ####.

Revenge against the Giants? For what?

If anything the Giants would want to take his knees out.

Plaxico Burress faces his previous team, the Giants, and it sounds like he's looking for a monster game. "I definitely want to get in the end zone once, twice, maybe three or four times," Burress said Wednesday. "I’m going to go out and try to play lights-out football." Save for a garbage-time touchdown in the late stages of the Jets' blowout loss in Philadelphia, Burress has been quiet in recent games. In fact, he's had only four catches for 42 yards in the last three games -- the least productive three-game stretch in his career. Yes, his entire career. "I can't really put my finger on exactly what's happened," offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said. "People are aware that if they play him one-on-one, he's a tough matchup for anybody, including Nnamdi (Asomugha). So he's drawing a lot of attention from the secondary."

Whether it's a valid revenge or not (I'd say not) he made a big point about how much he hated Coughlin and how he felt slighted and disrespected that Eli Manning did not come out to see him and say "hello" when he visited the Giants looking for a free agent contract this past offseason. He was also upset that Manning never once reached out to him while he was in prison.With that said - he's really not a good player anymore - he can not get seperation at all and while still useful in the red-zone because of his size he's just not the same guy that he was even there.

Again, why would Plaxico have any animosity against the Giants?
It really doesn't matter whether you think he should have animosity or not, does it? Perhaps its misdirected but he apparently does and even brought it up again this week.

Users who are viewing this thread