What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players You Can't Decide On (1 Viewer)

LHUCKS

Footballguy
My Short List

Cam Newton

Doug Martin

Demarco Murray

Antonio Gates

Rob Gronkowski

Typically I stay away from the guys I can't pin down unless they slide in drafts. These guys probably wont end up on my squads per their current ADPs.

Really? Thanks for letting us know that they won't be on your squad. How about some discussion why. Better yet, please refrain from starting any more threads

I disagree

I like your threads, usually yiu have more

Where are all the threads where you post your views on over and under value players

And I also remember yiu touting rice as #1 last yeat

Nothing wrong with this thread. The title is not "players LHucks can't decide on", it is "players you can't decide on".

I can't decide on Fred Jackson, Vick, Fred Davis, Demaryius Thomas, and Lloyd. Any of these guys has the potential to blow up, but I just feel like their ADP isn't reflecting their risk.

If they happen to slide in my lone remaining draft, I'm not sure what I'll do.

My Short ListCam NewtonDoug MartinDemarco MurrayAntonio GatesRob GronkowskiTypically I stay away from the guys I can't pin down unless they slide in drafts. These guys probably wont end up on my squads per their current ADPs.
Newton - I have him around 10 or 11 so I've guess I've decided. Accuracy has not imporved as much as I would have like to have seen.Martin - Rookie RBs have been overdrafted for a few years now. He's being drafted like Bradshaw and Lynch. With Blount around not worth the risk.Murray - I don't know how he got to 1st rd status. Jones is still the boss and Jones is still in town. I need to see a guy make it thru a season before I draft him in the 1st.Gates - SOLD and SOLD. Even if he gets hurt he'll be a difference maker when he does play. You can always grab Rudolph, Cook, or Olsen late and be protected.Gronk - Can't decide.Hopefully that gives you food for thought.

Nothing wrong with this thread. The title is not "players LHucks can't decide on", it is "players you can't decide on".
exactlyThis is a messageboard where we talk FF, unfortunately reading comprehension isn't a strong suit for several of the "sharks."

My Short ListCam NewtonDoug MartinDemarco MurrayAntonio GatesRob GronkowskiTypically I stay away from the guys I can't pin down unless they slide in drafts. These guys probably wont end up on my squads per their current ADPs.
Newton - I have him around 10 or 11 so I've guess I've decided. Accuracy has not imporved as much as I would have like to have seen.Martin - Rookie RBs have been overdrafted for a few years now. He's being drafted like Bradshaw and Lynch. With Blount around not worth the risk.Murray - I don't know how he got to 1st rd status. Jones is still the boss and Jones is still in town. I need to see a guy make it thru a season before I draft him in the 1st.Gates - SOLD and SOLD. Even if he gets hurt he'll be a difference maker when he does play. You can always grab Rudolph, Cook, or Olsen late and be protected.Gronk - Can't decide.Hopefully that gives you food for thought.
Yeah, Gates is probably the player I'd be most interested in from my list.

I can't decide on Fred Jackson, Vick, Fred Davis, Demaryius Thomas, and Lloyd. Any of these guys has the potential to blow up, but I just feel like their ADP isn't reflecting their risk.
I think Jackson is as advertised...you'll get something similar to last year. Fred Davis and D. Thomas, I agree, but I like their potential value. Lloyd I agree, his ADP seems to vary wildly. I personally don't see many TDs in Lloyd's future so his upside is relatively limited IMHO.

Really? Thanks for letting us know that they won't be on your squad. How about some discussion why. Better yet, please refrain from starting any more threads
My threads get 3000 views in one day...nobody knows who you are.Think about that and get back to me.

Another good thread.

Newton is being overdrafted. He slowed down after a hot start last year, and is being overdrafted on the basis of a rushing TD total that will be almost impossible to duplicate.

Doug Martin is being overdrafted based on being the lead back in a power rushing a't seettack. Blount hasn't looked special at all in the preseason.

Murray is being overdrafted despite the fact that he can't seem to handle a full workload (dating back to his Sooners days). Also, the Cowboys offense will stall if Bryant and Dez can't stay healthy.

I love Gates this year. He's healthy and should get plenty of targets.

Won't touch Gronk - that debate is being discussed ad nauseum elsewhere.

Fred Davis. Figured with how he was last year coupled with a rookie qb and how much of a mismatch he can be, that he would threaten for 1000 yards. A lot of negative news around him. Going to ignore it for the time being since in a 12 teamer you can get a semi-decent replacement, but it's something that makes me ponder.

Greene.

Yes, I know he's a turd.

And yes, I know the Jets are going to stink.

But he's a bellcow (for what its worth) with little competition behind him and you can get him in the 5th or 6th round in a lot of drafts.

And he was the 18th best RB last year with LT2 getting a fair amount of carries.

So I know he is going to get a bunch of carries (300+?). And I am pretty sure he's decent value. But man I am hesitant to add him to my roster.

Maybe hope he somehow blows up in the first 2 weeks and trade him away to someone really desperate.

Peyton Hillis for me.

Just can't get a good sense about whether he's going to be closer to the 2010 version or the 2011 version. And how much team brass is going to use Charles coming off injury.

Peyton Hillis for me.Just can't get a good sense about whether he's going to be closer to the 2010 version or the 2011 version. And how much team brass is going to use Charles coming off injury.
yeah, I just don't see the upside with the Chiefs looking terrible and with he and Charles splitting.No thanks.

Another good thread. Newton is being overdrafted. He slowed down after a hot start last year, and is being overdrafted on the basis of a rushing TD total that will be almost impossible to duplicate.Doug Martin is being overdrafted based on being the lead back in a power rushing a't seettack. Blount hasn't looked special at all in the preseason.Murray is being overdrafted despite the fact that he can't seem to handle a full workload (dating back to his Sooners days). Also, the Cowboys offense will stall if Bryant and Dez can't stay healthy.I love Gates this year. He's healthy and should get plenty of targets.Won't touch Gronk - that debate is being discussed ad nauseum elsewhere.
Ok, I will bite. What is the problem with Gronk, and where is this discussion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Greene.Yes, I know he's a turd.And yes, I know the Jets are going to stink.But he's a bellcow (for what its worth) with little competition behind him and you can get him in the 5th or 6th round in a lot of drafts.And he was the 18th best RB last year with LT2 getting a fair amount of carries.So I know he is going to get a bunch of carries (300+?). And I am pretty sure he's decent value. But man I am hesitant to add him to my roster.Maybe hope he somehow blows up in the first 2 weeks and trade him away to someone really desperate.
yeah, kind of in the same boat.the Jets look like crap and no receiving yards...I'm passing for the most part...he's going rigth around where I like to nab value WRs.

I honestly can't decide among my huge list of tier 2 WRs below (Calvin in his own tier 1): After nabbing Arian Foster at 1.02 in a 12 team draft yesterday, many of my favorite WRs were sitting there and I'm used to most of them being gone so my decision gets made for me but that wasn't the case yesterday. I ended up going with 2 guys I wasn't necessarily targeting, Andre Johnson then Jordy (I was basically at the turn, order didn't matter). I know if Johnson is healthy he's PPR gold and I really think he'll play all year this season. Anyways, here's my huge tier 2 - you tell me what order :lol:

Larry Fitzgerald - I know Skelton did fairly well as a rookie last season but the QB situation has me worried

Victor Cruz - LOVE Cruz but still would like to see another year of similar production especially since Nicks broke out the year before.

A.J. Green - LOVE Green. Had Green and Cruz in my big money league last season. Sophmore slumps are real and I worry about the double soph QB/WR combo.

Julio Jones - LOVE Jones, but waaaayyyyyy too much hype for me to feel secure with him.

Wes Welker - My gut says Billy Belichick is going to attempt to phase Welker out this season and give Lloyd half of his touches. They don't want him justified in his contract demands.

Roddy White - LOVE White but with the emergence of Julio, not super confident about taking him first of the two.

Andre Johnson - I think Johnson bounces back. I drafted him because I haven't owned him in a few years. He needs to be back home where he can win titles again.

Hakeem Nicks - LOVE Nicks but have him in a dynasty and his penchant for getting dinged is apparent early in his career. Also don't want to be the one to choose between Cruz and him first.

Jordy Nelson - I love WRs with elite QBs. I actually think Jennings is the safer bet (if not for mean reversion at the least) but I too have Jennings in a dynasty so me picking Nelson was hedging.

Greg Jennings - Great WR with great QB. Been dinged in recent years and I like him a lot this season.

Players I can't decide on.

Andre Johnson - running team and injury prone

Desean Jackson - whined about not getting paid last year and his play suffered, do we see Jackson from last year or the previous years

D. Thomas - been going in the 3rd or 4th round, but he hasn't ever played more than 11 games in season

M. Wallace - I hate hold outs

Jamal Charles - His game is about speed and cutting

Jordy Nelson - He can't score 15 touchdowns again on 65 catches

Trent Richardson - How serious is this knee injury

Anyone on the 49ers - 4 running backs that will get touches, a great tight end, and 3 receivers with a game manager for a quarterback

Mcfadden - Talent to be the best back in the league, but will he play 14 + games?

I honestly can't decide among my huge list of tier 2 WRs below (Calvin in his own tier 1): After nabbing Arian Foster at 1.02 in a 12 team draft yesterday, many of my favorite WRs were sitting there and I'm used to most of them being gone so my decision gets made for me but that wasn't the case yesterday. I ended up going with 2 guys I wasn't necessarily targeting, Andre Johnson then Jordy (I was basically at the turn, order didn't matter). I know if Johnson is healthy he's PPR gold and I really think he'll play all year this season. Anyways, here's my huge tier 2 - you tell me what order :lol:Larry Fitzgerald - I know Skelton did fairly well as a rookie last season but the QB situation has me worriedVictor Cruz - LOVE Cruz but still would like to see another year of similar production especially since Nicks broke out the year before.A.J. Green - LOVE Green. Had Green and Cruz in my big money league last season. Sophmore slumps are real and I worry about the double soph QB/WR combo.Julio Jones - LOVE Jones, but waaaayyyyyy too much hype for me to feel secure with him.Wes Welker - My gut says Billy Belichick is going to attempt to phase Welker out this season and give Lloyd half of his touches. They don't want him justified in his contract demands.Roddy White - LOVE White but with the emergence of Julio, not super confident about taking him first of the two.Andre Johnson - I think Johnson bounces back. I drafted him because I haven't owned him in a few years. He needs to be back home where he can win titles again.Hakeem Nicks - LOVE Nicks but have him in a dynasty and his penchant for getting dinged is apparent early in his career. Also don't want to be the one to choose between Cruz and him first.Jordy Nelson - I love WRs with elite QBs. I actually think Jennings is the safer bet (if not for mean reversion at the least) but I too have Jennings in a dynasty so me picking Nelson was hedging.Greg Jennings - Great WR with great QB. Been dinged in recent years and I like him a lot this season.
This is why you waint on WR and just nab the value in rounds 4/5/6

Players I can't decide on.Andre Johnson - running team and injury proneDesean Jackson - whined about not getting paid last year and his play suffered, do we see Jackson from last year or the previous yearsD. Thomas - been going in the 3rd or 4th round, but he hasn't ever played more than 11 games in seasonM. Wallace - I hate hold outsJamal Charles - His game is about speed and cuttingJordy Nelson - He can't score 15 touchdowns again on 65 catchesTrent Richardson - How serious is this knee injuryAnyone on the 49ers - 4 running backs that will get touches, a great tight end, and 3 receivers with a game manager for a quarterbackMcfadden - Talent to be the best back in the league, but will he play 14 + games?
Of these i like Nelson and McFadden.Hate Richardson, Charles, Desean, AJ at their current ADPs.

I honestly can't decide among my huge list of tier 2 WRs below (Calvin in his own tier 1): After nabbing Arian Foster at 1.02 in a 12 team draft yesterday, many of my favorite WRs were sitting there and I'm used to most of them being gone so my decision gets made for me but that wasn't the case yesterday. I ended up going with 2 guys I wasn't necessarily targeting, Andre Johnson then Jordy (I was basically at the turn, order didn't matter). I know if Johnson is healthy he's PPR gold and I really think he'll play all year this season. Anyways, here's my huge tier 2 - you tell me what order :lol:Larry Fitzgerald - I know Skelton did fairly well as a rookie last season but the QB situation has me worriedVictor Cruz - LOVE Cruz but still would like to see another year of similar production especially since Nicks broke out the year before.A.J. Green - LOVE Green. Had Green and Cruz in my big money league last season. Sophmore slumps are real and I worry about the double soph QB/WR combo.Julio Jones - LOVE Jones, but waaaayyyyyy too much hype for me to feel secure with him.Wes Welker - My gut says Billy Belichick is going to attempt to phase Welker out this season and give Lloyd half of his touches. They don't want him justified in his contract demands.Roddy White - LOVE White but with the emergence of Julio, not super confident about taking him first of the two.Andre Johnson - I think Johnson bounces back. I drafted him because I haven't owned him in a few years. He needs to be back home where he can win titles again.Hakeem Nicks - LOVE Nicks but have him in a dynasty and his penchant for getting dinged is apparent early in his career. Also don't want to be the one to choose between Cruz and him first.Jordy Nelson - I love WRs with elite QBs. I actually think Jennings is the safer bet (if not for mean reversion at the least) but I too have Jennings in a dynasty so me picking Nelson was hedging.Greg Jennings - Great WR with great QB. Been dinged in recent years and I like him a lot this season.
This is why you waint on WR and just nab the value in rounds 4/5/6
Not me. I go heavy on WR early and often. My goal is to aim for 3 WRs in my top 20. I also prefer later 1st round picks but I love Foster this season so my draft spot early in round 1 and picking RB when I normally go WR, sorta messed with me. I haven't had an early first round pick in years. There were no RBs I would have liked at that point. I was going WR for sure with both picks.

Another good thread. Newton is being overdrafted. He slowed down after a hot start last year, and is being overdrafted on the basis of a rushing TD total that will be almost impossible to duplicate.Doug Martin is being overdrafted based on being the lead back in a power rushing a't seettack. Blount hasn't looked special at all in the preseason.Murray is being overdrafted despite the fact that he can't seem to handle a full workload (dating back to his Sooners days). Also, the Cowboys offense will stall if Bryant and Dez can't stay healthy.I love Gates this year. He's healthy and should get plenty of targets.Won't touch Gronk - that debate is being discussed ad nauseum elsewhere.
Ok, I will bite. What is the problem with Gronk, and where is this discussion?
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=652161

My threads get 3000 views in one day...nobody knows who you are.Think about that and get back to me.
You get 3000 views a day because you start alot of threads (basically the Timmy of the shark pool). Quantity over quality. I stated that you should have some discussion why they won't be on your roster as opposed to just stating that they wont. You seem like a smug little guy that needs the internet to be liked so i'll lay off and let you have your fame. LOOK AT ME! I HAVE 3000 VIEWS A DAY!

I am struggling with

1) Adrian Peterson. It all comes down to the knee.

2) AJ Green. Don't trust Dalton right now, no legit #2WR, and Green-Ellis is pedestrian.

I am struggling with1) Adrian Peterson. It all comes down to the knee.2) AJ Green. Don't trust Dalton right now, no legit #2WR, and Green-Ellis is pedestrian.
Adrian looks to be training very well. Saw some training sessions of him racing Percy Harvin up a hill and moving without problems. I haven't heard of any setbacks or swelling of the knee. Everything looks real positive so far. I was totally against drafting him and didn't in my past Saturday draft but after reading up and doing a little more research I started liking him more and more. I took him 2nd round in my Sunday draft 2.2. Hopefully he'll play week 1 but I'm hoping for him to be 100% effective by week 3. You never know though.

Greene.Yes, I know he's a turd.And yes, I know the Jets are going to stink.But he's a bellcow (for what its worth) with little competition behind him and you can get him in the 5th or 6th round in a lot of drafts.And he was the 18th best RB last year with LT2 getting a fair amount of carries.So I know he is going to get a bunch of carries (300+?). And I am pretty sure he's decent value. But man I am hesitant to add him to my roster.Maybe hope he somehow blows up in the first 2 weeks and trade him away to someone really desperate.
Sad to say that I agree with this. I owned him last year and swore I'd never do it again, but they switched from a zone to a man blocking scheme and it seems to suit him better (at least in preseason). I know there is much Powell love amongst the FBG's, but I just don't see it. I think he's a value where he's being drafted...its just that every time I draft I see better value elsewhere.

You get 3000 views a day because you start alot of threads (basically the Timmy of the shark pool).
No, I don't think you understand, that's for a single thread.People are interested in what I have to say or the discussion that follows. Either way, it's exactly what this board needs.

Cam Newton - don't trust his head, but has #1 overall upside

Charles - expecting touches limited a la frustrating 2010, but he was very productive despite limitations

Fitz - 2nd best talent until proven otherwise but just can't convince myself he'll finish top 5

Jennings - concussion, pending free agency, reports that he's no longer the best WR on the team, but he's been so consistently productive

Roddy - hasn't disappointed but hasn't stood out either and reports of Julio eating into looks, which he's thrived on - like Jennings though, been so consistent...

Austin - love, LOVE the talent, hate his hamstrings

Colston - I want to like him but I like others around him more, guess between spread system, situation in New Orleans, and knees I'm not with him

Vernon - like Colston, want to like him, just seem to like others around him more - wary he's not going to get enough looks

You get 3000 views a day because you start alot of threads (basically the Timmy of the shark pool).
No, I don't think you understand, that's for a single thread.People are interested in what I have to say or the discussion that follows. Either way, it's exactly what this board needs.
I give you credit for some decent thread starts...but we also need to say that you seem more interested in giving yourself a high five when anyone says good thread.Most of the views and responses end up with you posting a smilie when someone says good topic...or you getting overly defensive about what you posted.

Look at the replies to this one yet again...so many of them are you.

On the topic...

ADP is a huge one. I took him pretty early in a TD only scoring league after taking McCoy. Also locked up BJGE to hopefully be ready at the start if ADP is not going yet.

Gronk...IMO the injuries with him are frightening with his current value. Id put Hernandez with him as I have no idea what to do with him at all.

Rivers...drafted him as one of the last starting QBs in our league. But don't feel great about him. He was good value...but will he have enough weapons to still put up the numbers???

Gore/Hunter....how much does Gore have left on a team that will run the ball a lot.

Making my tiers and cannot figure out how to split then slot Jennings/Nelson and nicks/Cruz at all. It's a complete toss up.

'nyGIANTSnj said:
'fightingillini said:
I am struggling with

1) Adrian Peterson. It all comes down to the knee.

2) AJ Green. Don't trust Dalton right now, no legit #2WR, and Green-Ellis is pedestrian.
Adrian looks to be training very well. Saw some training sessions of him racing Percy Harvin up a hill and moving without problems. I haven't heard of any setbacks or swelling of the knee. Everything looks real positive so far. I was totally against drafting him and didn't in my past Saturday draft but after reading up and doing a little more research I started liking him more and more. I took him 2nd round in my Sunday draft 2.2. Hopefully he'll play week 1 but I'm hoping for him to be 100% effective by week 3. You never know though.

'Badgers Fan said:
Fred Davis. Figured with how he was last year coupled with a rookie qb and how much of a mismatch he can be, that he would threaten for 1000 yards. A lot of negative news around him. Going to ignore it for the time being since in a 12 teamer you can get a semi-decent replacement, but it's something that makes me ponder.
I wonder if it also makes....CHRISTIAN....PONDER??? LOl

'LHUCKS said:
'JHuber77 said:
'LHUCKS said:
'JHuber77 said:
People look at you because you're a buffoon, and clowns always draw attention. We all know this. It is what it is.What the board needs is people who start this many, and this kind of threads, while actually saying something of substance. What it deserves is you. It's okay. Steak and potatoes are nice, but you can survive eating McDonald's too. :shrug:

Two biggest ones for me are:

Welker/Lloyd - Will Wes still get all those looks? Will Lloyd get enought TDs? FWIW I think Gronk is a little overrated and Hernandez a little underrated as I expect their TD totals to be close to each other.

Austin/Dez/Witten - Gut says avoid, especially the WRs. Witten could be a value play if he drops to backup TE territory (currently TE#8).

Also Wallace/Brown

Users who are viewing this thread