What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please try to break this (1 Viewer)

Dan Hindery

Hey all, I am working on a new dynasty tool for the site and want to stress test it a little bit before putting it out there. Here is the link:

It should provide Power Rankings for your league along with customized player and future rookie pick values. It also includes a trade calculator.

Please let me know whether it works for you and if you spot any bugs after playing around with it.

Thanks!

Hey all, I am working on a new dynasty tool for the site and want to stress test it a little bit before putting it out there. Here is the link:

It should provide Power Rankings for your league along with customized player and future rookie pick values. It also includes a trade calculator.

Please let me know whether it works for you and if you spot any bugs after playing around with it.

Thanks!
Does it support CBS leagues?

Thanks!
Tried it 3 times with my sleeper league ID and got “disconnected from server” each time :(

Bug: The League Power Rankings With Future Draft Picks graph is sorting incorrectly for league 37168. One team which has traded away all its future picks is showing up first in the graph when it should be last.

Non-bug suggestion: I think it'd be nicer to have the two graphs use the same colors, with a new color added for draft picks, instead of the current setup where the color for QB in the first graph is the color for draft picks in the second graph.

Bug: The League Power Rankings With Future Draft Picks graph is sorting incorrectly for league 37168. One team which has traded away all its future picks is showing up first in the graph when it should be last.

Non-bug suggestion: I think it'd be nicer to have the two graphs use the same colors, with a new color added for draft picks, instead of the current setup where the color for QB in the first graph is the color for draft picks in the second graph.

Owning zero future picks may be throwing an NA into the mix somewhere, thanks for the head's up.

Thanks!
Does it support CBS leagues?

Not at the moment, just MFL and Sleeper for now. But if I get all the bugs worked out, may try to go through and add others.

My first MFL league loaded right up but then when I attempt to enter my other MFL league I keep getting the disconnected from server message. This has persisted even when exiting out of the page and loading it back up.

My first MFL league loaded right up but then when I attempt to enter my other MFL league I keep getting the disconnected from server message. This has persisted even when exiting out of the page and loading it back up.

Do you mind DM'ing me the second league? I wonder if there is something specific about the league that is an issue.

Do you mind DM'ing me the second league? I wonder if there is something specific about the league that is an issue.
Turns out it was my mistake keeping the second league from loading correctly. I copied and pasted from the address bar of the league and it ended in 5 five digits but also had #0 after the five digits. Getting rid of the #0 allowed it to load correctly.

There’s no “I’m loading” sort of spinner, so I assume others might do as I did and hit Submit again, not being certain if it took. That second submit causes the disconnect error for me.

There’s no “I’m loading” sort of spinner, so I assume others might do as I did and hit Submit again, not being certain if it took. That second submit causes the disconnect error for me.

Ah yeah, it takes about 15 seconds to load (though maybe more when a lot of people are tying at once?). It's pulling in a lot of different data from the league and doing a lot of calculations with it, so it is definitely a bit slow. It may be worth trying to emphasize that time delay more in the instructions.

Is it working for you now?

Not loading correctly. Interested to see how it turns out. I love this sort of stuff.

I didn't click twice the second time I tried. It just didn't load. I didn't even receive an error message. It's been two minutes, just so you know.

For transparency's sake it was MFL, 20392.

Ah yeah, it takes about 15 seconds to load (though maybe more when a lot of people are tying at once?). It's pulling in a lot of different data from the league and doing a lot of calculations with it, so it is definitely a bit slow. It may be worth trying to emphasize that time delay more in the instructions.

Is it working for you now?
Yup, once I realized I was probably doing that to myself and just waited, it worked. I suspect others will power through like I did though, so you should at least make that text bold that says "wait please" because app-centric world people will never wait.

Also, the display works fine on my laptop, but on. my mobile it cuts it off and doesn't display a reactive adjustment for my device whether portrait or landscape.

I backed out and tried again. It didn't work. It gave me a rectangular text box at the bottom left of the screen that said "Disconnected from the Server" and had a reload link. I reloaded, but it didn't work. So I backed out and tried again. No luck.

Yep. Same thing. "Disconnected from the Server."

I backed all the way out. Now the front page is taking quite some time to load. Must be all of us jackrabbits. Then it worked but there was greyscale across the screen. I closed out.

I backed out and tried again. It didn't work. It gave me a rectangular text box at the bottom left of the screen that said "Disconnected from the Server" and had a reload link. I reloaded, but it didn't work. So I backed out and tried again. No luck.

Yep. Same thing. "Disconnected from the Server."

Do you mind trying one more time? I just updated some settings to try to speed up the processing and it may have booted people during the update. Should be better now.

Appreciate your help on this.

Do you mind trying one more time?

Sure thing. It worked fairly quickly but there's still nothing telling you it's actively waiting, so people might resubmit thinking they didn't click or something.

Anyway, I love looking at things like this. One substantive comment. I jump from third to fourth in the "Players + Picks" section because I don't have a fifth-round pick next year. That's pretty punitive for a fifth. KTC and others don't even count fifths. Are you also using projected finishes for the picks? As in 3.1 vs. 3.12 and so on...?

You don't have to answer that last question, by the way. I know you're trying to get up and running.

It worked this time. I'm happy to try again if need be.

I can't get my league to load, but I can get rockaction's league to load.

If I load rockaction's league, then enter my league ID, it loads part of my league.

Otherwise, I get a disconnected from server message.

Okay, everything is working on your site. The site is reading my team in other respects. I'm clicking other tabs and seeing it incorporate with the trade calculator and the 2023 rankings. It looks like you do take into account the likely draft pick from the next year as I'm getting that on the 2023 results page.

Thanks!
Tried it 3 times with my sleeper league ID and got “disconnected from server” each time :(
I get the same with MFL.

I’m getting the same thing as others. I saw some data, but then got a “disconnected from server” error. The data was on my iPhone and kind of skewed and hard to read.

When TE is not a separate position (they are the same as WRs), the teams with multiple TEs looks like a superpower. They should look inferior for the most part.

Is this PPR?
Does it consider SF or 2QB?

Do you mind trying one more time?

Sure thing. It worked fairly quickly but there's still nothing telling you it's actively waiting, so people might resubmit thinking they didn't click or something.

Anyway, I love looking at things like this. One substantive comment. I jump from third to fourth in the "Players + Picks" section because I don't have a fifth-round pick next year. That's pretty punitive for a fifth. KTC and others don't even count fifths. Are you also using projected finishes for the picks? As in 3.1 vs. 3.12 and so on...?

hey rockaction, it does not count any picks round 5 or later. It does use projected finish for the first two rounds but not rounds 3 or 4, those are valued the same.

So if your team is stronger for 2023 than another team with similar dynasty value but better projected picks, they could jump you once picks are included.

Thanks!

Thanks @Dan Hindery. I'm excited about this. And thanks Shark Pool for kicking it around as we try to work out the bumps. You folks rock.

I love this tool. How does this work with Devy players? Does it capture the name of the college player and factor it into the model? Or does it ignore the devy format?

Thanks!
I get the same with MFL.
I am getting the same with MFL.

I tried Rockaction's league and that one loaded fine. Mine does not.

When TE is not a separate position (they are the same as WRs), the teams with multiple TEs looks like a superpower. They should look inferior for the most part.
I really like it and it definitely passes the eyeball test.

Like Riffraff said, agree on the TE. Our league setup is non standard (9 starters - 1 QB min, 2 RB min, 4 combined WR/TE min, 2 RB/WR/TE flex) and even though we have 1.5 PPR for TE (1.0 for other positions), it appears to be boosting TE strength/scoring even though starting 0 TE's is an option (devaluing the position).

All 3 of my leagues worked, 2 mfl and 1 sleeper. One of my mfl leagues is a IDP and that did not crash, since you have the rankings available maybe you could add IDP support.

Looks good though.

I've been getting the disconnected from server error. Also, it takes a while to load and for me there's no loading symbol or anything saying it's loading so at first I thought it wasn't working. Would be helpful to add that.

Does the Evaluator account for scoring deviations (like 6-point passing TD's)? QB values in the app appear to be lower than I would have expected.

Any chance you can add in the IDP side of things as I think that will swing my leagues by quite a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread