What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poll: Greatest TV Show Ever (1 Viewer)

Which Tv Show is the best of all time?

• Cheers

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Mash

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 57 21.5%
  • The Wire

Votes: 35 13.2%
  • Sopranos

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • Breaking Bad

Votes: 85 32.1%
  • Game of Thrones

Votes: 28 10.6%
  • Saved By The Bell

Votes: 14 5.3%

• Total voters
First couple seasons of Nip/Tuck were top notch television--some seriously good stuff.  really liked that show.

Would also like to add Rescue Me.  Also super good TV early on.
Both started off great as the first 3 seasons of both were awesome. Nip/Tuck went totally off the rails in the season 3 finale and never recovered IMO. Rescue Me was still good but pretty uneven its last few seasons.

Wish they had ended Dexter after the first 4 seasons, those rank as among the best 4 initial seasons ever. And then it just became so, so bad after that, and it soured most people's memories of those great early seasons.

Leftovers ends up being excellent.  That said, even coming from the biggest "Leftovers" homer on the planet, the first handful of episodes are a little iffy.  It's a shame if there are a lot of people in your boat who missed out on the incredible second and third season because of the inconsistency of the first.  
There are plenty of people who saw the whole thing and still think it's pretty average.  

There are plenty of people who saw the whole thing and still think it's pretty average.  
The Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic averages would disagree with that assertions (99% and 98% respectively).  Not every show is going to resonate with every viewer, but it's exclusion from a list of best TV shows of all time isn't really defensible.  If you didn't like it after watching the whole run, just must not have been your bag.  I'm not trying to convince anyone it is definitively the best show ever.  There are far too many excellent shows for any one of them to exist at the top of the pyramid by themselves.  I was only saying that "The Leftovers" gets left out of these discussions due to lack of exposure to wide audience, not a lack of quality. 

The Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic averages would disagree with that assertions (99% and 98% respectively).  Not every show is going to resonate with every viewer, but it's exclusion from a list of best TV shows of all time isn't really defensible.  If you didn't like it after watching the whole run, just must not have been your bag.  I'm not trying to convince anyone it is definitively the best show ever.  There are far too many excellent shows for any one of them to exist at the top of the pyramid by themselves.  I was only saying that "The Leftovers" gets left out of these discussions due to lack of exposure to wide audience, not a lack of quality. 
Average at best.  Belongs in a group with True Blood and Carnival. 

Average at best.  Belongs in a group with True Blood and Carnival. 
I think you might be alone on that island, at least among people who watched the show's entire run.  Like I said, not every show, no matter how good will resonate with every viewer.  Based on both critical acclaim and my own personal opinion, excluding it is an oversight.  End of discussion. 

I think you might be alone on that island, at least among people who watched the show's entire run.  Like I said, not every show, no matter how good will resonate with every viewer.  Based on both critical acclaim and my own personal opinion, excluding it is an oversight.  End of discussion. 
The OP didn't include it in his list so I can't possibly be alone on the island.

You used Rotten Tomatoes as your critical acclaim, ok, it didn't even make their top 25 of all time.  It's only 91% fresh, not 99%, it didn't even crack the top 10 in any of the years it ran.  :lmao:

ETA:  I see what you did.  You can't use just season 3 ratings for the entire run. That's not how Greatest TV Show Ever works.   :lol:   Barry Season 2 - 100% Fresh outscores Leftovers Season 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised to see no mention of Battlestar Galactica. That show had a huge following at the time and a massive thread on these boards like many of the shows already mentioned. I wouldn't call it the best show ever due to some of the clunky bottle episodes they made in order to save money, but it was pretty awesome overall.

Wish they had ended Dexter after the first 4 seasons, those rank as among the best 4 initial seasons ever. And then it just became so, so bad after that, and it soured most people's memories of those great early seasons.
Despite that tumble off the cliff after Season 4, I'd still put in my top 5 dramas on the strength alone of Seasons 1, 2, and 4.  Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones and Six Feet Under are the others in my top 5.  I am in that group that didn't quite find The Wire as great and compelling as many others did. 

I'd probably go with the aforementioned Star Trek original series or Twighlight Zone.

Flight of The Conchords season 1 is probably the best single season of a comedy show I've ever seen. Season 2 didn't quite reach the same level though.

Taxi is up there too.

Users who are viewing this thread