What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post season: Who ya Buying?/Who ya Selling? (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
Who am I buying?

MJD just a beast

Charles should be playing for Crenell who likes to run

Carson Palmer...think he may be cheap and may improve with Raiders

McCoy...will have to overpay for him

McFadden might be a good buy low....but also a injury walking

Damien Williams might get more looks with Britt back

Matt Ryan may be cheap...he will Gonzo, Julio and Roddy to throw to next year too

Jake Locker I can see him winning the job

Crabtree can see him improving next year

Harvin in PPR (ponder scares me at qb though)

Who am I selling? (if i can get a fair price)

Michael Turner...decent year but slows down at the end

Reggie Bush...get something before he crashes

Matt Flynn see what he is value is now and when he signs with a team.

ADP if i can get a patient owner to overpay for him

Nicks...think Cruz cuts into his looks...

Add yours...

Buying:

Jamaal Charles

Mike Williams (TB)

Antonio Brown

Tony Moeaki

Selling:

Maurice Jones-Drew

Desean Jackson

Reggie Bush

Ahmad Bradshaw

Cedric Benson

Actually buying:

Ridley - trying to beat any playoff breakout games

McFadden - buy low

Julio - buy high

Considering buying:

Crabtree

DeSean

Nicks

Just sold Mike Wallace for Michael Crabtree and Darren Sproles.

BUY:

-Sam Bradford/Josh Freeman: Both had disappointing/extremely disappointing years. Both with Coaching changes that may look to feature them more.

-Antonio Brown: New sheriff WR in Pittsburgh. >= Wallace in fantasy in my opinion.

-Julio Jones: Last 4 weeks were a preview to next year.

-Rob Gronkowski/Jimmy Graham: Always nice to start stud WR #s at the TE position. Big plus as QBs love them.

-Montario Hardesty: With all of Hillis' drama and 1 year removed of his ACL surgery, I can see him having a big year.

-Leonard Hankerson: (Could be my Redskins roots, but I feel like he is ready to take the reigns.)

-Jeremy Maclin: Even after sickness and injuries, showed he has WR1 talent.

-Stevie Johnson: If he signs somewhere with an elite QB, then WATCH OUT!!

-Michael Crabtree: Starting to gel with Alex Smith, providing the trust needed to let his talent show. I'm predicting a huuuge year next year.

SELL:

-Mike Wallace: Not saying sell to the highest bidder, but clearly isn't the same when Antonio Brown is getting his. Targets: Brown-124, Wallace-114.

-Roddy White: Again, not saying sell to the highest bidder, but he is losing some love to Julio's emergence. The time to sell Roddy at maximum price is right now.

-Reggie Bush: Great year but really only got his chance due to Daniel Thomas' injuries.

-Matt Flynn: Get all the value you can. Talent is there, but the only other place with as friendly of a system as GB is probably NO or NE & Brady and Brees are locked in there. My prediction: See Kevin Kolb's 2012 season.

PPR

Buying:

Carson Palmer (was a QB1 in 2nd half ...lacking arguably his Top3 weapons -- DMC/Ford/Moore -- for most of it. I'd venture to say you can get him as a throw in)

A.Bradshaw

Damnit Donald (looked very good this year. I think a stigma still exists as a "1st round bust" given his 1st 2 years in Indy)

T.Young

A.Brown (IMO is the best Steeler WR. Hopeful owner of him thinks Wallace is still #1)

J.Finley (if signs long term in GB)

Selling:

Flynn

D.Murray (I don't think he's a long term RB1 like I've seen. I think he can be a very productive committee guy long term. No slam on him...takes special talents nowadays to be a bellcow)

G.Little

D.Jackson

R.Meachem (if signs elsewhere, could get some buzz.....he'll be a complete bust out of NO -- as in out of the league in 3 years)

J.Witten (if Robinson is resigned)

Last edited by a moderator:
PPRBuying:Carson Palmer (was a QB1 in 2nd half ...lacking arguably his Top3 weapons -- DMC/Ford/Moore -- for most of it. I'd venture to say you can get him as a throw in)
Still struggling with this one. He just didn't look good to me. I guess he'll be the starter but every time I watched him I kept thinking something is amiss.

BUYING C.J. Spiller
Pretty much the reason I'm going to look to sell Fred Jackson, ideally to the Spiller owner.Was hoping that C.J. was going to crash and burn after Fred went down, but quite the opposite. Fred may still get more touches but his value will be dented sharply by Spiller's involvement.

antonion brown that guy is good and jeez there were games you thought he was the no 1 not mike fast burrito wallace

Buying Hakeem Nicks. I think Cruz helped devalue him and he is still the most talented WR there

Kyle Rudolph. Now is the time to get him before he becomes Jason Witten 2

Trent Richardson. I a buying the hype and want him on my teams

Joe Flacco. I know he had a down year but still think things are looking up there with Torrey Smith. Owners seem to be giving away and I am all over that

Calvin Johnson. The only issue is can you pay a higher price than now.

Selling

CJ Spiller. I did sell him mid-season for a nice price but I would still be doing it. He is not an everydown back

Victor Cruz. UNfortunately I dont own him but he would be gone if I did

ADP. Unforuntately if you held and did not sell at trade deadline, you almost have to wait. His value will be down

All older guys. Andre. Boldin, S. Jackson to name a few.

PPRBuying:Carson Palmer (was a QB1 in 2nd half ...lacking arguably his Top3 weapons -- DMC/Ford/Moore -- for most of it. I'd venture to say you can get him as a throw in)
Still struggling with this one. He just didn't look good to me. I guess he'll be the starter but every time I watched him I kept thinking something is amiss.
To be fair, he was out of football for a while and tossed onto a team without knowing the offense. I don't know if he's done or not but I wouldn't really count this season too much against him simply because he had so much to learn.

Buying:

K. Britt

Dalton

J. Simpson

I. Redman - competition for Pitt's #1 RB spot in 2012?

L. Blount - new coaching staff should help him become another M. Turner type of RB..

A. Brown - the #1 WR in Pitt..

MJD - steep price , he's the best RB in the game right now.

D. Thomas - the next great NFL WR - Megatron v2.0

R. White - will be undervalued as everyone jumps on the Julio bandwagon..

Bengals Defense

Niners Defense

A. Bradshaw

J. Gaffney - I think he is the Redskins #1 WR, Moss looks like he's lost a step. Gaffney posted very good, consistent pts week after week, late in the year..

Jordy Nelson

Leshoure - painfully obvious that Lions need a solid running game..

M. Crabtree

M. Floyd - the #1 Wr in SD..

Selling:

VJax..

Mendenhall

Bradford

M. Stafford - won't come close to 5000/41 again. more than likely he'll drop back to 4000/28..a SIGNIFICANT dropoff

CJ - won't catch as many TDs in 2012..

Peyton Manning - might never play again

Gronkowski - everyone thought R. Moss would continue his dominance after recording 23 TD in '07, but he never approached those numbers again. doubtful Gronk does either..more likely to record 10-12 TDs

F. Gore - Hunter will get more opportunities in 2012 and beyond.

M. Austin - one good year does not a stud WR make. Too many mouths to feed in Dallas

D. Murray - would like to see him do it for a full season not just a few games..will be extremely overvalued in 2012.

Felix Jones - never has been , never will be..stop drafting this guy!

Who am I selling? (if i can get a fair price)ADP if i can get a patient owner to overpay for him
What's the right price for Peterson? I have CJ and Sproles to start so I can hold onto Peterson but if I could upgrade TE from Witten and WR from Maclin, I would.

Mossis Madu. I believe this will be one of the cheapest buys that will reap solid FF production for anyone who wants to pick this guy up cheap. especially if Schottenheimer ends up coaching there.

Finley a a buy IF he leaves Green Bay. Yes, that seems backwards but Finley can be a Jimmy Graham, an Antonio gates, etc. But he has got to go to a team that will actually use him in that way. He just doesn't have the opportunity in Green Bay. But his owners are probably disappointed in him after this year (especially owners who got screwed over in the FF playoffs). So this is a guy that, should he go to a team as a FA where they would actually use him, I like him too.

I think Flynn will be right at value of what he will become next year.

I think Gronk is a sell. He is obviously a top TE but you just can't overpay the price for him coming off what will almost assuredly be a season he will never come close to matching again.

Mike williams (Tampa). I would think he will be solid again.

The thing I find interesting in this thread is seeing names like Michael Turner and Fred Jackson pop up as sells. I understand the logic in selling as these guys are getting older but in my leagues everybody knows they are getting old and the value just isn't there. It seems to me the real sells come in the form of young guys who everyone is high on and are willing to pay a premium for (like Sam Bradford or Mike Williams a year ago) for example.

To be fair, he was out of football for a while and tossed onto a team without knowing the offense. I don't know if he's done or not but I wouldn't really count this season too much against him simply because he had so much to learn.
If you're looking to buy you can rationalize things by saying he wasn't on the same page as the team. If you're looking to sell you can argue he didn't look so great. We won't have an answer until next season but I'm in the camp of him not being very good.

Looking to sell any of all three of my QB's: Romo, Schaub, Tebow.

Also selling MJD if I can get value of a top 8 RB. This was the apex of his career. Selling Andre Johnson even though it's probably a mistake. I'm just tired of hanging my hat on the WR he is "when healhy". Problem is you actually have to stay healthy once in awhile for that statement to matter. Gimme an up-n-comer like Julio or Maclin straight up instead. Selling Gates for any reasonable offer whatsoever.

Buying Stafford, Rivers, Dalton, Cam, Eli, Shane Vereen, Ingram, Mathews, Starks/Green?, LeShoure, Kendall Hunter, Maclin, Julio, Jonathan Baldwin, Denarius Moore, Titus Young, Randall Cobb, Gresham, Owen Daniels, Bengals and Giants Def.

Sold Frank Gore and Bought Stevan Ridley in different leagues and transactions. I should probably be punched in the nuts for buying Ridley though.

Selling:

VJax..

Mendenhall

Bradford

M. Stafford - won't come close to 5000/41 again. more than likely he'll drop back to 4000/28..a SIGNIFICANT dropoff

CJ - won't catch as many TDs in 2012..

Peyton Manning - might never play again

Gronkowski - everyone thought R. Moss would continue his dominance after recording 23 TD in '07, but he never approached those numbers again. doubtful Gronk does either..more likely to record 10-12 TDs

F. Gore - Hunter will get more opportunities in 2012 and beyond.

M. Austin - one good year does not a stud WR make. Too many mouths to feed in Dallas

D. Murray - would like to see him do it for a full season not just a few games..will be extremely overvalued in 2012.

Felix Jones - never has been , never will be..stop drafting this guy!
You got some head scratchers here in the sell department.Regarding Mendenhall, Bradford, Gore and Austin.......why sell?

All of these guys have depressed values right now. Mendenhall and Gore should have been sold last year when they had pretty good value. Now they likely will be sharing the load AT BEST. With Bradford and Austin, the talent is there....they had injury plagued years. With Bradford, I would wait a year and hope he has a nice bounceback year, then look to sell him. Austin also had an injury plagued year, and Witten appears to be slowing down.

While I won't argue about trying to sell Stafford, your reasoning is flawed IMO. Why do you think that Stafford will regress back to 4000/28? Do you think DET will all of a sudden start being a run first team? Stafford has the best WR in the game in Calvin, and a nice complement of secondary WRs and TEs along with good pass catching backs. While I don't think he'll match 5000/41, there's no evidence that points to anything less than 4500/33. He's an elite QB. I would need an awful lot to move Stafford in a dynasty league.

Calvin is virtually untradeable in a dynasty league. Nobody is going to offer Calvin's true worth. Again, you cite that he won't catch that many TDs in 2012. What's your evidence behind that?

Regarding Gronkowski, if someone offers the moon for Gronkowski, sure, sell. But even if Gronkowski regresses 20%, he's still well beyond any other TE production except Graham...and Graham will likely come back to earth as well. No reason to believe that Gronkowski won't be an elite fantasy player for years to come.

buy Austin Collie, no concussions this past year and will have better QB play. Buy Garcon too if he stays.

and owners are probably ready to give up...
:confused: Only the most impatient, ADHD owners would be ready to give up on Baldwin.
guess I could have worded it differently. Owners are pissed they didn't get anything from their 1st round pick so they may move him for cheaper than they would
with all the negative preseason buzz, he didn't go in the 1st in any rookie drafts which I was involved. (Went 3rd round in a couple)

and owners are probably ready to give up...
:confused: Only the most impatient, ADHD owners would be ready to give up on Baldwin.
guess I could have worded it differently. Owners are pissed they didn't get anything from their 1st round pick so they may move him for cheaper than they would
with all the negative preseason buzz, he didn't go in the 1st in any rookie drafts which I was involved. (Went 3rd round in a couple)
good for you that your leagues draft in late August...guess that is one reason not too since people allow the press at that time to sway their opinions that much.

I bought Josh Freeman fairly cheap. I was hoping they would sign a good OC to help him get back on track. I don't think 2010 was an abberation. I believe 2011 was. Now granted the new OC (Mike Sullivan QB Coach for the Giants) hasn't ever been an OC. But I think he has been around enough good/great OC's to have an idea of what he should be doing. If you read this article you may be suprised how similar Eli Manning and Freemans stats were in there first 41 games.

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/tampa-bay-buccaneers/2012/2/12/2793507/can-mike-sullivan-develop-josh-freeman-into-one-of-the-games-elite?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

(And No I don't think Freeman will be an elite QB like the title of this article suggests. But I do think with the right supporting cast around him and a good OC he can be a top 12 QB.) And the price he is now is the lowest I think you will get him for.

Buying:

Ponder

Bowe

Austin

Rudolph

Rivers

Benson

D. Jackson

B. Marshall

F. Jackson

Sproles

Salas

S. Smith (FA)

Hillis

Selling:

Crabtree

Wallace

Harvin

MJD

E. Manning

Gresham

G. Jennings

J. Nelson

Spiller

Stafford

R. Cooper

A. Bradshaw

Tebow

Paying Market Price For (Value is high, but think it will get higher:

A. Hernandez

A. Brown

D. Murray

Newton

Cutting Bait (value is low, but I'm getting what I can):

Blount

Wayne

P. Manning

Please explain to me why you would sell on "Harvin" unless you think that Ponder and Webb won't get him the ball or get better???!!! If its because they will acquire a big time WR in the draft or FA. If you look at Harvins stats when Randy Moss was there in 2010. Case in point vs the Jets. You will see that Harvin actually excelled when he had help on the other side at WR. So please explain why the sell on Harvin ????

Buying:PonderBoweAustinRudolphRiversBensonD. JacksonB. MarshallF. JacksonSprolesSalasS. Smith (FA)HillisSelling:CrabtreeWallaceHarvinMJDE. ManningGreshamG. JenningsJ. NelsonSpillerStaffordR. CooperA. BradshawTebowPaying Market Price For (Value is high, but think it will get higher:A. HernandezA. BrownD. MurrayNewtonCutting Bait (value is low, but I'm getting what I can):BlountWayneP. Manning

Given Peyton went after Danny Amendola, Jacoby Ford, and Andre Roberts in #DLFMock why would you sell at that price. It goes against everything I believe in.

Any other buying and selling?
I'd be buying Randy Moss on the cheap if I could.
Not a chance in hell that I'm interested in Mandy Moss. I could have picked him up for free in almost every league I'm in, but no thanks, that would require me to free up a roster spot.
Did you not understand "on the cheap"?Obviously all your players are studs and not cheap. Congrats on your pro bowl team, but for those that are holding on to the Moreno's and Austin Collie's of the world, I still recommend taking the chance for a high reward upgrade. Dudes in superb shape (I know first hand), and he is working out for a couple of pass happy teams (again, I know first hand).I didn't tell you to cut Welker for him, just put him on your "for cheap" radar.

Please explain to me why you would sell on "Harvin" unless you think that Ponder and Webb won't get him the ball or get better???!!! If its because they will acquire a big time WR in the draft or FA. If you look at Harvins stats when Randy Moss was there in 2010. Case in point vs the Jets. You will see that Harvin actually excelled when he had help on the other side at WR. So please explain why the sell on Harvin ????
Randy Moss? You can't use that version of Randy as "help on the other side". You also can't really call it "the other side" with Harvin, either. Harvin is being treated as a top 12 WR, yet he has never had 1,000 receiving yards or double digit TDs. Harvin's touch total skyrocketed when AP went down. He became the only playmaker and Minny treated him as their #1 option - going into their bag of tricks to get him the ball. He got 52 carries last year. Before that, he got 33 total, over 2 seasons. On top of this, Harvin is a consistent injury risk and Minny can't afford to use him as they did down the stretch last year, long-term. Percy Harvin is a easy sell high, in my opinion.

Any other buying and selling?
I'd be buying Randy Moss on the cheap if I could.
Not a chance in hell that I'm interested in Mandy Moss. I could have picked him up for free in almost every league I'm in, but no thanks, that would require me to free up a roster spot.
Did you not understand "on the cheap"?Obviously all your players are studs and not cheap. Congrats on your pro bowl team, but for those that are holding on to the Moreno's and Austin Collie's of the world, I still recommend taking the chance for a high reward upgrade. Dudes in superb shape (I know first hand), and he is working out for a couple of pass happy teams (again, I know first hand).I didn't tell you to cut Welker for him, just put him on your "for cheap" radar.
Can you tell us which teams are considering him? The team always matters for fantasy, but for Randy it matters even more I think because of motivation.

Selling/avoiding:

Brady

Stafford

Forte

MJD

Peterson

Chris Johnson

Charles

Andre Johnson

Welker

Jeffery

Gronkowski

Buying:

Newton

Luck

Rivers

Mallett

Richardson

Stewart

Martin

Blackmon

Marshall

Wright

Holmes

Baldwin

Gresham

Rudolph

Fleener

Does this mean with the pats letting him go last year, and them losing in SB this year, BillyB is coming to Randy, Hat in Hand??

Finley a a buy IF he leaves Green Bay. Yes, that seems backwards but Finley can be a Jimmy Graham, an Antonio gates, etc. But he has got to go to a team that will actually use him in that way. He just doesn't have the opportunity in Green Bay. But his owners are probably disappointed in him after this year (especially owners who got screwed over in the FF playoffs). So this is a guy that, should he go to a team as a FA where they would actually use him, I like him too.
Finley doesn't get open like Graham, Gronkowski and Gates do. Supposedly he has just as much ability as those guys, but he doesn't seem to seperate from defenders all that often. He gets a lot of his catches in traffic. He's probably worth trying to buy because he might get there, but right now he's not in the same league as those other guys.

Users who are viewing this thread