What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (5 Viewers)

Scrub daddy

Yeah they cost more than the scotch-brite sponges but they last far longer and never get moldy. You can control how firm/abrasive they are by adjusting the water temperature. I have a dishwasher so I use this mostly for pans and such, one will last about 3 months.

Scrub daddy

Yeah they cost more than the scotch-brite sponges but they last far longer and never get moldy. You can control how firm/abrasive they are by adjusting the water temperature. I have a dishwasher so I use this mostly for pans and such, one will last about 3 months.
I second this. Those things are awesome.

MyPillow - premium

I was skeptical given the cheesy ads, but had heard good things. Best pillow I've ever slept on. It took a couple of days to get use to the different feel of it, but I've never slept better than I have in the last month since purchasing one. YMMV.

Does anyone have a printer they believe in? I bought an Epson inkjet about a year ago because it was cheap and I'm ready to just throw it away. It doesn't work most of the time. It's constantly jamming, prints blurry, the paper doesn't go through straight, the ink heads clog easily, it won't even try to print if one cartridge is even close to low on ink. I'm just looking for something that prints documents in black and white. I have no need for color and no interest in printing photos.

Does anyone have a printer they believe in? I bought an Epson inkjet about a year ago because it was cheap and I'm ready to just throw it away. It doesn't work most of the time. It's constantly jamming, prints blurry, the paper doesn't go through straight, the ink heads clog easily, it won't even try to print if one cartridge is even close to low on ink. I'm just looking for something that prints documents in black and white. I have no need for color and no interest in printing photos.
Get a laser printer. Toners for any brand can be found cheaply on ebay. I've had good experiences with Lexmark, HP, Samsung.

Caputo pizza flour

EPSON 5030UB 3D projector

Flavacol popcorn salt

Any beer from Founders or Bells.
So you like the Flavacol? I was going to invest in a popper based on Trembley's recommendation and saw this with it on Amazon. Do you use butter as well or does this stuff do the job?

SWC said:
husquevarna chain saws and my black and decker rechargeable yard stuff bar trimmer weed wacker and blower they are great i just charge the batteries plug those suckers in and go at it no trying to start a stupid heavy two cycle no stiking like a two cycle and quiet good stuff the chainsaw is not so quiet that sucker hums but man does she take apart a tree take that to the bank bromigos
My Husquvarna chain saw is great as well... People who dont like them say are tough to start... I always use 92 octane or more fuel in it and have never had a starting issue with mine..

Get a laser printer. Toners for any brand can be found cheaply on ebay. I've had good experiences with Lexmark, HP, Samsung.
something like this?

iPhone. The quantity of technical questions from my wife about her phone has dropped 975% since she got it.

Thank you Apple.

Many years ago I started a thread on secrets of the industry that you worked in, and think it helped some. As I have gotten older, I have found things that I use that I think are truly awesome and will tell people about it when given the chance. I did not remember one like that here, so why not?

1. The Shark Rocket vacuum. This thing is amazing in how much it sucks, in a good way. I have owned expensive Dyson's, but this one outperforms it in cleaning, but really scores points for how light and easy to move it is.

2. American Crew Fiber hair product - Having used expensive gels for a long time, and they worked OK, I was hesitant to try something new. However, I had this put on me at a Sports Clips a couple of years ago and have never looked back. It holds well, but does not have the crunchy look and feel. It also makes the hair look fuller, which is important for this guy who has a thinning patch at the top. :bag: Lasts about 4 months, and has a huge upside that I get to annoy my wife telling her that I am a Dapper Dan man as much as possible. :)

3. Shave Secret shaving oil - This one is new, and I have to say I was skeptical, but a friend gave me a bottle and after a few days I am sold. I have shaved in the shower with gel and a nicer razor for years, but this is just a super close, smooth shave. I was completely shocked that it worked. It really is just 5 drops of the stuff, and the kicker is the sensitivity you can get if you shave more than once a day is gone with this. Shaved 3 times in a 24 hour period yesterday/today, and it feels perfect.

OK, so what do you all have that we are missing out on?
I'll second this on Shave Secret. I was turned onto it from a thread here in the FFA some months ago. Haven't looked back since, best shave ever.

MyPillow - premium

I was skeptical given the cheesy ads, but had heard good things. Best pillow I've ever slept on. It took a couple of days to get use to the different feel of it, but I've never slept better than I have in the last month since purchasing one. YMMV.
Seconded. The wife came home with a pair of these a few days ago. Fan-freakin-tastic.

Here is another one for those that use their computers a lot and get sick of crap getting in the keyboard, or that open up your systems and upgrade or clean inside.

DataVac

That things is a monster. You never buy compressed air again, and can be used in so many circumstances.

Scrub daddy

Just ordered. So friggin pumped!

MyPillow - premium

Seconded. The wife came home with a pair of these a few days ago. Fan-freakin-tastic.
What position do you guys sleep in? These looks way too thick for us stomach/side sleepers.

Speaking of flip flops, love me my Chacos flip flops. Where those all summer and that's including work time haters.
Love feelgoodz flip flops. The most comfortable flops I've ever worn. All natural rubber. Had mine for 4 years now and I wear them alot. The only sign of wear is that the orange label is just now starting to peel away slightly, but I put these things through hell and back.

http://www.feelgoodz.com/

2. American Crew Fiber hair product - Having used expensive gels for a long time, and they worked OK, I was hesitant to try something new. However, I had this put on me at a Sports Clips a couple of years ago and have never looked back. It holds well, but does not have the crunchy look and feel. It also makes the hair look fuller, which is important for this guy who has a thinning patch at the top. :bag: Lasts about 4 months, and has a huge upside that I get to annoy my wife telling her that I am a Dapper Dan man as much as possible. :)
I've been using American Crew products exclusively over the past couple years. I use the pomade instead of the fiber, though. It gives your hair a good hold without being hard or crunchy while also giving your hair a nice shine. The American Crew pomade is definitely the best hair product that I have ever used.
Funny, I loved the Fiber product, but it was just a lot more expensive than I wanted to pay. There was a Suave version that I used for a bit and it worked well, but they stopped making it or selling it at Target. I tried the Axe messy look, which is about as close to the Fiber as they have and I like it a lot. Works the same as Fiber, but usually half the cost (Axe stuff is on sale a lot at Target, my boys love their stuff or at least like the hot girls in their commercials) for twice as much. It does last a long time unless I go longer than a month without a hair cut. I think my sons use the green version of Axe, which I think is more like that pomade. I definitely like the past the best, not into the shine, but my boys like that.

MyPillow - premium

What position do you guys sleep in? These looks way too thick for us stomach/side sleepers.
$110 for two king pillows? Are they that good?

MyPillow - premium

I had a similar pillow epiphany recently, but went the other direction:

Pacific Coast Surround Pillows

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with others about shave secret, it works great. Very very skeptical when I saw the product but face has never felt as soft.

I'll throw this one out there, Oragel but not for teeth, for bug bites. Yes bug bites. Put it on mosquito bit and it numbs it. Awsome stuff.

I'd like to hear more about mypillow. Are they worth it?

For flip flops - go with the Reef Mick Fanning - they have a bottle opener on the bottom. The single greatest invention of the 21st century IMO.

http://shop.reef.com/fanning/d/1019
I think there are several reef models with the opener. Great idea until you start worrying whether you may have dog #### on the bottom of your sandal.

Every pair of reefs I've had have been great.
I used to wear reefs, but when I put on my first pair of feelgoodz; I was blown away at the comfort...for half the price

Scrub daddy

seconded. love these things

Scrub daddy

Just ordered. So friggin pumped!
Things you can say about your sponges but not your wife:

One of the most surprising products in a while. Does a great job of cleaning, has the right shape & firmness. Holds up for 2-3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread