What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Puka Nacua or Cooper Kupp (1 Viewer)

Puka Nacua or Cooper Kupp? In a half point PPR re-draft league from this point forward who would you

• Kupp by far

• Kupp

• Nacua

• Nacua by far

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Puka Nacua or Cooper Kupp? In a half point PPR re-draft league from this point forward who would you rather have for the rest of the 2023 season?

Puka owner here, and maybe trying the reverse jinx. I think they’ll both be viable going forward, but Kupp is a talent on a whole different level.

Puka’s targets will likely go down some, but he’ll be a solid WR2. I think Tutu’s targets take the biggest hit. Everyone says Puka will take the Robert Woods role with Kupp back- that makes sense to me.

Voted Kupp, but really unsure about it. I hate rostering older guys with soft tissue issues that could be related to nerve damage (or whatever it is they're saying now). Gives me pause.

Probably had to be there and I can't find it but someone posted that famous "guy looking back at girl" memes with Puka, Kupp and Stafford yesterday and it was hilarious. Tried to find out so everyone could enjoy but struck out.

If Kupp is good to go he's the main guy but I think it was Jourdana Rodrigue, one of best beat writers going, who said a few weeks ago she thought this would look like Kupp/Woods in 2021 which was the year Kupp went to another level. Woods went down in week 9 that year and in those first 9 weeks Kupp was going over 26PPG and Woods over 15.

I don't expect that large of a gap of course, and Tutu will still get some, but when you are talking about a system that had two WR's combining for over 40 fantasy points a game it's like Biggie said, there is enough to feed the needy.

Personally I don't really don't concern myself with Kupp or Puka, I'm just starting both of them without question including the one league I have both together.

I'm a dynasty owner and have both.

Sadly I believe a Kupp setback or another new ding is extremely likely. Or, his effectiveness is so hampered for so long that in redraft it's more or less a lost season.

if one for one, I want Kupp. But I don't like the soft-tissue injury for Kupp. If I had both, I might be tempted to trade Kupp away for a position of need and keep Puka, assuming Kupp showed up and put up numbers upon his return.

Puka Nacua or Cooper Kupp? In a half point PPR re-draft league from this point forward who would you rather have for the rest of the 2023 season?
It’s a hard question.

I have a nagging feeling that Kupp’s hammy/nerve issue is going to crop up again.

Kupp’s ceiling is higher, but his floor is roster clogger, especially in leagues that don’t use an IR slot.

IMO Kupp is descending and Puka is ascending. Both will be good this season. For dynasty it's Puka by a mile (obviously) in re-draft hppr I think it's 50/50. Puka will see more receptions for shorter yardage and Kupp is the home run hitter. But we also have no idea how defenses are going to scheme against them. Have to imagine Kupp draws more coverage than Tutu has, freeing up Puka.

Dear Coper Kupp,

The Shark Pool wanted to send their sincere congratulations on making it back from your injury shortened 2022 season
In 2021 we watched you amass 145-1,947-16TDs and then you were on pace in 2022 for another 145-1,700-13 TDs...but we wanted you to know something has happened
We met a man named Puka Nacua one night at the bar lamenting that we drafted you in the 1st Round
He was nice to us and eager to prove he was the man, he's taken off like a rocket ship 🚀 since he arrived in Los Angles
So along with this card and well wishes, we are also enrolling you in the AARP since you've played a full 6 seasons and at your advanced age we can no longer trust you
We've moved on and would like for you to just retire

Sincerely,
The Nacuas
aka anyone that has been starting Puka (morphine drip)

Puka could have had at least one more TD (Maybe 2) so far. The play vs. SEA where he got knocked out of bounds at the 1 yard line just short of the pylon. The play vs. CIN where Stafford underthrew him when he was wide open, and was touched before getting up at the 5 yard line and going into the endzone.

What he is doing, as a rookie, with no real threat taking defenses off of him is amazing. Van blows. Tutu is keeping some defenses a little honest but if Kupp gets back and stays healthy, he will require that defenses focus on him, leaving Puka even more open if that's possible.

Last edited:
voted Nacua, but wish their was a coinflip/close option. In dynasty, no way I'd be letting Puka go right now. In redraft, it's a coin flip. Kupp is uber talented and experienced. IF HEALTHY, it's difficult to imagine the rookie continuing to garner the bigger share. Problem is, the kind of injury Kupp suffered is the kind to linger and potentially limit Kupp all year. For this year, Kupp may have the higher ceiling going forward, but Puka has the safer floor by far. If someone could roster just one, the choice might well depend on the rest of the roster!

voted Nacua, but wish their was a coinflip/close option. In dynasty, no way I'd be letting Puka go right now. In redraft, it's a coin flip. Kupp is uber talented and experienced. IF HEALTHY, it's difficult to imagine the rookie continuing to garner the bigger share. Problem is, the kind of injury Kupp suffered is the kind to linger and potentially limit Kupp all year. For this year, Kupp may have the higher ceiling going forward, but Puka has the safer floor by far. If someone could roster just one, the choice might well depend on the rest of the roster!

I too would have liked an "even" choice but I did this on Twitter too and wanted to do the same with this audience to compare. https://x.com/Football_Guys/status/1709933347366121506?s=20

Shark Pool likes Nacua a lot more than my Twitter audience.

Love Puka, has been great for my Rams. I expect he will make a very nice #2 for the Alpha. Kupp is him. The league will remember that soon enough.

You've gotta discount Kupp's expected value due to injury concerns so tepid nod toward Pukachu

Cooper Kupp (hamstring) is back and practicing without restriction. Puka Nacua is healthy and producing without restriction. Something has to give. Or does it? There’s an argument to be made that rather than cannibalizing each other’s box scores, Kupp and Nacua merely vacuum up the rest of the team’s looks. Do Tyler Higbee and Kyren Williams really need to be combining for 8-12 targets? I will bet on both players in a game where the Rams will have to throw vs. a vulnerable Eagles secondary.

I don’t know how it’s gonna work out but I want a piece of it. I’m 5 RB deep in one league and have AJ brown and nico and thin after that. Just offered Taylor to the Kupp owner who also has Nakua … he’s weak at rb (#2 rb this week is McLaughlin) and strong at wr. Might steal Kupp…fingers crossed.

Well if the first drive is any indication it's Kupp by a landslide.
Personally I couldn't decided for today so I rolled out Atwell and Stafford in dfs.
Good start for you!
Well if the first drive is any indication it's Kupp by a landslide.
But Puka had 2 targets, he’s not being forgotten.
6 to 2 targets and 10.6 to 1.6 in FF. Kupp is just so much better, which isn't even a slight on Puka.

So after 1 game we have
Puka 7 receptions 71 yards and 11 targets with a touchdown.
Cooper 8 receptions 118 yards on 12 targets.

Has anybodys opinion changed after the first game? I realize it's a small sample size but we answered it with way less information the first time.

For a guy who owns both of them I am extremely happy how week 1 went. Having said that and as good as Kupp looked I will stick with my answer before. I took Nakua but I move closer to neutral since Kupp looked so good and was so involved the first week off the IR.

Looked like yesterday that Stafford was targeting Cupp early and often. Then, in the second half Nacua and Atwell.

Looked like yesterday that Stafford was targeting Cupp early and often. Then, in the second half Nacua and Atwell.
Yes, which may have had something to do with Kupp losing steam in his first game back. The offense completely stalled in the 2nd half.

He also just missed Kupp on a long TD and another play or 2. If Kupp stays healthy a big "if" obviously), he's going to dominate.

Users who are viewing this thread