What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Puka Nacua or Cooper Kupp (1 Viewer)

Puka Nacua or Cooper Kupp? In a half point PPR re-draft league from this point forward who would you

• Kupp by far

• Kupp

• Nacua

• Nacua by far

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone own both guys? Thoughts on how to play it? Just set and forget both right?
That's what I'm doing RoS in my redraft league where I own both. Tried to trade both before this past Sunday but no takers because of the uncertainty. Both did well so I'm going to just set and forget the pair unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse. Kupp is a WR1 and Puka is probably a WR2 with upside. Stafford can support both and make each viable fantasy options.

Nacua had the TD, if he didn't score and that had landed in say Kupp's hands or had Kupp also scored...

Kupp-8/118/TD
Nacua- 7/71
Had the box score come out that way, would we be having the same "Peace of Mind" ?
That vibe seems to have come over both sides this past weekend.

I'm happy for both players

In my mind kupp is a high end wr1 while healthy and nacua is a low end wr1 with kupp healthy. Just start both wherever you have them

I don't think people are appreciating the fact that this was Kupp's first game back. Look how little Taylor was utilized this week.

Super pass heavy game script against a bad pass D in Kupp's first game back- I think Kupp runs away with this if he manages to stay healthy.

Nacua had the TD, if he didn't score and that had landed in say Kupp's hands or had Kupp also scored...

Kupp-8/118/TD
Nacua- 7/71
Had the box score come out that way, would we be having the same "Peace of Mind" ?
If Kupp had reinjured himself would we be having this conversation?

If my Aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle.
@packdog posted 11 targets for Nacua, that's good enough for me

Kupp-8/118/TD
Nacua- 7/71
That vibe seems to have come over both sides this past weekend.

I'm happy for both players
7/71/0 * 17 games is 119/1,207/0, and I'd be thrilled with that from a rookie WR.

I have both in a PPR and I am starting them both with arms wide open, to quote Creed. I mean obviously you're starting Kupp, but Nuka has been awesome and 7/71 is a great sign of what he can do with Kupp back.

Was at the game today with the Kupp owner. Two drops early + a bunch of IPAs + Pukachu Nukes = good times.

Kupp isn't going anywhere tho. He was featured early, befored getting Puka'd. But the Rams lost, so back to the McVay drawing board.

Was at the game today with the Kupp owner. Two drops early + a bunch of IPAs + Pukachu Nukes = good times.

Kupp isn't going anywhere tho. He was featured early, befored getting Puka'd. But the Rams lost, so back to the McVay drawing board.
Are you saying the outcome of the football game could impact how McVay's plans next week's game?
I mentioned this in the Gibbs threads and was laughed at but I think it's worth mentioning and should weigh into the minds of FF'ers

No joke, are either of these guys start-able w/o Stafford? I think Puka moves behind the likes of Hollywood Brown with no Stafford. Thoughts?

No joke, are either of these guys start-able w/o Stafford? I think Puka moves behind the likes of Hollywood Brown with no Stafford. Thoughts?
Gotta see how it shakes out... could see an uptick for Puka if Kupp gets totally blanketed

On the plus side, there should be a lot of volume with this team trailing

But if Rypien is simply non functional, who knows. Wish Bennett was involved more actually but I think he's still in rehab

Well this sure quieted down.

But what if they are your two best WR options right now, and you know you need upside to beat a 1 seed type team?

Thursday night game and you know your ceiling is probably capped if you play both. Do you do it anyway? Or do you try to predict which one is going to have the dud or modest line, and play someone else like a Noah Brown or even a Njoku at flex if you have another decent TE in Likely? Yes I just spelled out my situation as if it were a hypothetical in case it might somehow matter to you.

Kupp was roller coaster this year but he still proves he is hard to stop at times.
Last week was a nice surprise and I'm looking forward to my Toilet Bowl Final this week
:towelwave:

I have to start 2 out of Kupp, Nacua, and Chris Godwin. As of today I am rolling with Kupp and Godwin. I don’t want to start both Rams in case NO really has Staffords number…can’t afford 2 blanks. And right now Kupp is on a roll.

And it looks like Baker figured out he has another WR who isn’t named Evans. If Godwin was coming off another “meh” week I might start both Rams.

I have to start 2 out of Kupp, Nacua, and Chris Godwin. As of today I am rolling with Kupp and Godwin. I don’t want to start both Rams in case NO really has Staffords number…can’t afford 2 blanks. And right now Kupp is on a roll.

And it looks like Baker figured out he has another WR who isn’t named Evans. If Godwin was coming off another “meh” week I might start both Rams.
I share this rationale, only I thought maybe I'd play Noah Brown instead of Puka. But without Stroud, I think I'm better off rolling Puka.

However, I'm really contemplating flexes here, because my locked in WRs are Kupp and Jefferson with Puka as flex. I COULD, however, roll with Likely at flex instead of Puka with Njoku at TE.

So that's the real debate at the moment: Puka vs. Likely at flex.

I currently have Godwin in as well over Nacua.

Reactions: Hoh
If I owned both it would drive me nuts trying to figure out which one to start each week and I would DEFINITELY start BOTH especially if the other options are Tight Ends or Chris (1 TD) Godwin.

I may be biased as a Puka owner on both of my semi final teams this weekend. In general I think the group think is too slanted to what happened the previous week or two. I have had better success in betting and fantasy by investing in a good player that has had a few down weeks vs thinking a few hot weeks will continue. Puka has flashed enough that I think positive regression is due this week.

I may be biased as a Puka owner on both of my semi final teams this weekend. In general I think the group think is too slanted to what happened the previous week or two. I have had better success in betting and fantasy by investing in a good player that has had a few down weeks vs thinking a few hot weeks will continue. Puka has flashed enough that I think positive regression is due this week.
PUKA!!

Users who are viewing this thread