What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (2 Viewers)

Cam frigin Newton could throw vs the Seahawks last week and if he didn't suck so bad the Panthers could have scored into the twenties easily. I like Seattle to win but if the wind doesn't totally hamper the passing games I like Rodgers chances of putting up some points. This Seattle D is good but isn't the 00 Ravens or 85 Bears and have to play by today's NFL offensive biased rules.

With that said, and with your Manning comparison in mind, would he be as exposed if he played Belichick every year?
:no: This idea that a QB this good gets exposed is nonsense. Every QB has a coach or team he struggles against a lot. Manning has had struggles vs Belichick's Patriots. Brady has had struggles vs the Ravens. It happens to the best of them. It doesn't mean they were exposed.
Who has Rodgers struggled against?
Seattle? San Fran?
How so?
Look at his numbers.

Counting the playoffs, in 10 games against SF and Sea, Rodgers has 15 touchdowns passes and 4 interceptions. By his standards, that is struggling, but it's still not bad by any means.

Faust said:
That is pretty amazing...Seahawks really had an easy schedule this year. Look at those QBs.
Wow. Yeah thats not exactly a murders row.
Except for the fact...you know...that they had the highest SOS of any playoff team.
Almost ( DENVER ) - based on 2013 results

Not so much based on 2014 results

Faust said:
That is pretty amazing...Seahawks really had an easy schedule this year. Look at those QBs.
Except for the fact...you know...that they had the highest SOS of any playoff team.
I was referring specifically to the QBs they played since week 7...you know...the actual point of the article quoted. Surely you don't think they faced study signal callers the second half of the season. Coincidentally when their secondary started dominating.WEEK QB SEASON QBR

7 Austin Davis STL 37.6

8 Cam Newton CAR 56.9

9 Derek Carr OAK 38.4

10 Eli Manning NYG 70.9

11 Alex Smith KC 49.4

12 Drew Stanton ARI 58.0

13 Colin Kaepernick SF 55.9

14 Mark Sanchez PHI 58.2

15 Kaepernick SF 55.9

16 Ryan Lindley ARI 37.8

17 Shaun Hill STL 38.1

Div Newton CAR 56.9

Last edited by a moderator:
Faust said:
I was referring specifically to the QBs they played since week 7...you know...the actual point of the article quoted. Surely you don't think they faced study signal callers the second half of the season. Coincidentally when their secondary started dominating.WEEK QB SEASON QBR

7 Austin Davis STL 37.6

8 Cam Newton CAR 56.9

9 Derek Carr OAK 38.4

10 Eli Manning NYG 70.9

11 Alex Smith KC 49.4

12 Drew Stanton ARI 58.0

13 Colin Kaepernick SF 55.9

14 Mark Sanchez PHI 58.2

15 Kaepernick SF 55.9

16 Ryan Lindley ARI 37.8

17 Shaun Hill STL 38.1

Div Newton CAR 56.9
Yea, SoS is misleading here...teams like ARZ/PHI clearly way outperformed their skill level and/or had starters winning games early in the season and were relying on backups against SEA.

I think looking at aggregate QBR throughout the year is a better indication of how hard a schedule might have been.

Rotoworld:

Aaron Rodgers completed 19-of-34 passes for 178 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions in Green Bay's 28-22, overtime loss to the Seahawks in the NFC Championship Game.

It will be a loss they remember for generations in Green Bay. The Pack entered the second half with a 16-0 lead, but let the Seahawks chip away as coach Mike McCarthy insisted on going into a shell. Bad luck played a part — Seattle recovered an onside kick, and converted a miracle two-point conversion — but arch conservatism will be the takeaway for Green Bay. As for Rodgers, his calf was still a glaring issue, as he refused to leave the pocket, and could barely hop on a late scramble. It was a crushing end to what was an MVP-caliber year for the 31-year-old signal caller. Simply without peer at the quarterback position, Rodgers will enter the 2015 season with considerable distance between himself and the QB2, but in real life and fantasy.

Jan 18 - 6:43 PM

Well deserved MVP. He was clearly the best player in the league this year.

I feel pretty comfortable blaming that one person for the loss. :shrug: Not only did he drop a can of corn, but he wasn't supposed to touch it in the first place.

Seattle is playing in the Super Bowl. Congratulations and I hope they go and win it. But don't act like you didn't catch an enormous break.

proninja said:
Seattle is playing in the Super Bowl. Congratulations and I hope they go and win it. But don't act like you didn't catch an enormous break.
When were we talking about the Seahawks being lucky? Seahawks were very fortunate to win two weeks ago.
You keep bringing up Rodgers. Did he or did he not do enough to win the game had Bostick not royally screwed up?

proninja said:
When were we talking about the Seahawks being lucky? Seahawks were very fortunate to win two weeks ago.
You keep bringing up Rodgers. Did he or did he not do enough to win the game had Bostick not royally screwed up?
I feel like he personally left some points on the table.

But his team definitely let him down.

proninja said:
I feel pretty comfortable blaming that one person for the loss. :shrug: Not only did he drop a can of corn, but he wasn't supposed to touch it in the first place.
Rodgers had twice as many turnovers :shrug:
1 of them wasn't really an INT, as the refs botched an offsides call. Thus why Rodgers threw it up for grabs. Sherman made a great play, but it was a penalty. Rodgers doesn't throw that ball typically....oh yeah, unless there is a free play.

Again people...no one person to blame for the game.

It should not have come down to an onsides kick.

Haha could play the 2 point conversion better.

Rodgers could have played better.

Defense could have stopped them on 3rd and long.

Fake FG.

And on and on and on.

Very cool that the top 3 nominees had Wisconsin connections (Romo, Watt, and Rodgers).

And no offense to the Seahawks...but some idiot voted for Bobby Wagner? This isn't about Rodgers...if you are voting for a defensive player, how do you vote anyone over Watt?

Again people...no one person to blame for the game.

It should not have come down to an onsides kick.

Haha could play the 2 point conversion better.

Rodgers could have played better.

Defense could have stopped them on 3rd and long.

Fake FG.

And on and on and on.

Very cool that the top 3 nominees had Wisconsin connections (Romo, Watt, and Rodgers).

And no offense to the Seahawks...but some idiot voted for Bobby Wagner? This isn't about Rodgers...if you are voting for a defensive player, how do you vote anyone over Watt?
But that does not absolve them individually from blame. In the offseason they don't say "We got a DUI or We won the MVP." Players should be held accountable individually for their own parts in this epic collapse. Bostick being the least valuable player on the roster needs to go. He contributed nothing to the season at all despite tons of uncertainty at TE. He then monumentally failed. To say "no biggie, team game, they all have to get better" is just silly.

proninja said:
Oh, and as great as Wagner is, voting him for MVP is not smart. :shrug:
I can't help but agree more. I find it shocking that a guy like Wagner gets a vote--while Antonio Brown gets no love. Heck--I would have rather seen Leveon get a vote before Wagner.

proninja said:
Oh, and as great as Wagner is, voting him for MVP is not smart. :shrug:
I can see Dungy doing it to make a point, though. Things work when he's in and don't work so well when he's out. Same way you might cast a vote for Gronk.

I don't know if that's how voting should work or not...

No.

No doubt Rodgers is great, but almost every rule today is designed to make passing easy.

In the not too distant past, DB's were allowed to actually play defense on the receivers.

Every ball Montana and Young threw to Jerry Rice would have been a TD if they had played with the modern rules.

No.

No doubt Rodgers is great, but almost every rule today is designed to make passing easy.

In the not too distant past, DB's were allowed to actually play defense on the receivers.

Every ball Montana and Young threw to Jerry Rice would have been a TD if they had played with the modern rules.
No, penalties are still called pretty much the same there have only been slight changes, but athleticism today is much greater than it was even 20 years ago. Also, even if you think penalties are stricter today, that doesn't mean they would have been TD's in the old days. Every DB will purposefully get an interference call today to prevent a TD, then some fullback scrub vultures a TD instead.

No.

No, just because penalties get called now doesn't mean they would have been TD's in the old days. Every DB will purposefully get an interference call to prevent a TD, then some fullback scrub vultures a TD instead.
Where is that ignore button?

No.

No, penalties are still called pretty much the same there have only been slight changes, but athleticism today is much greater than it was even 20 years ago. Also, even if you think penalties are stricter today, that doesn't mean they would have been TD's in the old days. Every DB will purposefully get an interference call today to prevent a TD, then some fullback scrub vultures a TD instead.
Even edited, this keyboard vomit makes no sense.

...and SLIGHT changes?! Did you start watching football yesterday?

Rodgers is the best QB in NFL history, and comparisons won't even be close by the time his career is over.
Smdh.

:wall:
Why do you hate the truth?
He's great. No doubt about that.

One day he may become what you have already anointed him.

In the meantime, please take off your green and gold glasses.
I also believe that by the time he retires, he'll be regarded as the best QB who ever played. Pretty sure I'm not a Packers fan.

Rodgers is the best QB in NFL history, and comparisons won't even be close by the time his career is over.
Smdh.

:wall:
Why do you hate the truth?
He's great. No doubt about that.

One day he may become what you have already anointed him.

In the meantime, please take off your green and gold glasses.
I also believe that by the time he retires, he'll be regarded as the best QB who ever played. Pretty sure I'm not a Packers fan.
Yes, there will be many people who don't remember Montana, Marino, Manning, etc.

...just like 20 years after Rodgers retires, he will be forgotten by the fans of the future 2-hand tag NFL.

That still will not make it true.

I'm not against the guy. MAYBE he will become the best ever, but it's stupid how quickly everyone forgets how great others were.

I don't forget anything. I respect all of the greats I watched. Saying Rodgers will be the best-of-the-best isn't a knock on anyone else.

I don't think it's specifically sitting behind Favre that helped--he was notoriously unhelpful towards Rodgers--I think it's just the fact that he was able to sit for years, period. He was talented but needed serious refinement. As people have already mentioned, he's a totally different guy now compared to his Cal days, from his footwork up to his throwing motion.

Sitting a 1st round QB is largely impractical in today's NFL, all highly talented or drafted QB's are expected to start pretty early, if not immediately.

Unless you're truly talking about a developmental QB sitting behind an unquestioned starter with a stable coaching staff. Aaron Rodgers had three years to alter his muscle memory and make the new mechanics the norm for his body. He also obviously mastered the mental game in those three years which lead to him thinking less while on the field, always a positive where ingrained, repetitive physical motions in athletics are concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread