What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aidan O'Connell, LV (2 Viewers)

Of all the mid to late round/UDFA qbs who have gotten meaningful snaps this season I like O’Connell the most. He seems to be relaxing a lot more and when he gets in a rhythm he can be really effective - he spreads the ball around and goes through progressions.

I get young Kirk Cousins on the Redskins vibes from him. Not sure Raiders are willing to commit to him being starter next season (heck, it sounded like they weren’t committed to him this week), but I think he has solid NFL starter upside. His lack of running doesn’t make him a high ceiling fantasy qb but he can throw some pretty nice passes at all levels.

Such a great pocket passer...some of those throws last night were just perfection. Just get this kid some more reps and put him in the right situation to make quick reads.

Needs protection. Last night was one of the few games where the Raider OL wasn't dog doo at pass pro, likely due to the Chargers giving up on their season. Raiders need to upgrade their line this offseason. They have only one plus starter across the unit, and ironically, he was out last night.

Such a great pocket passer...some of those throws last night were just perfection. Just get this kid some more reps and put him in the right situation to make quick reads.
I knew he was good when earlier in the season I saw him hit WRs in stride on mid range passes and I'm talking 15+ yards downfield.

I knew he was good when earlier in the season I saw him hit WRs in stride on mid range passes and I'm talking 15+ yards downfield.

He throws like Brady. Problem is he also runs like Tom, but doesn’t have GOAT's pre- or post-snap processor, so when protection is a problem, he is (at least thus far) unable to overcome.

His throwing ability is amazing though. Accuracy, touch and timing are elite level.

I'll say it again...as a Purdue fan I'll never forget the game where he started making NFL type throws. The Nebraska game really was a highlight reel of NFL type throws. Especially in the 2nd half.

We had him QB28 this week. :bag:

That's about where most everyone had him ranked this week. But still. Big miss.

This performance was so anomalous, that no one could have seen it coming. AOC coming off a game against the Vikings, in which his team scored 0 points, playing against the Chargers a second time, wherein in the first game he had a QBR of 8. Even Vegas expected a stinker of a game with an O/U of 34.5. Is it a miss if the entire industry didn't see it coming? I guess it comes down to what you consider a "miss". For me, it's a miss if (even in hindsight) there were factors that could have been considered, that weren't that would have led to a different prediction. If you have Tua ranked highly, and Hill goes down in the first quarter, so Tua has a stinker of a game, is that a miss?

Users who are viewing this thread