What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aidan O'Connell, LV (3 Viewers)

Going heavy with this dude on DFS … spoon feed Adams … Chargers secondary is meh .. no Derwin out there either 🥴

remember when Bledsoe was out and a guy named Brady started and .....

it could happen again ... just sayin .....
I like O'Connell. Definitely the right call to start him over Hoyer. And likely the better long term option than Garoppolo.

But let's not put that on him...

I don't think he looked bad per se, just green. Don't think he did enough to fend off Jimmy G, but if the Raiders keep losing I don't see why they don't chuck AOC out there.

I didn’t see the whole game only what they showed on redzone. I thought he looked pretty dang good tbh. I seen everything you guys saw in the preseason. He got an old town beat down and stayed pretty composed. I think if he gets a little more playing time he would be able to see the field a bit better and tie a game like that up. Pretty impressive for a fourth rd qb. I hope he gets a shot next week as well.

There is something here. Made some mistakes and he needs to hold on to ball but he remains intriguing. Definitely didn’t do enough to continue to start but at some point he is going to get a few more starts.

I would also add he needs to get rid of the ball quicker but I think that comes in time.
This...

I give him credit for his poise in the pocket. He was unflinching. But he HAS to get rid of the ball sooner. His lack of awareness on this was glaring. Maybe, in part, he was trying to prove his toughness by standing in vs pressure... but he won't last if he keeps holding the ball.

I swear I saw a measurement of AOC's hand size, but I didn't think anything of it then.

Now...

Based on the comments above, it doesn't seem like he's a very mobile guy. From a fantasy standpoint, it's a bit concerning that he may not have much rushing equity to offset some expected struggles in the passing game.

Any thoughts from those that have watched him play?

Based on the comments above, it doesn't seem like he's a very mobile guy. From a fantasy standpoint, it's a bit concerning that he may not have much rushing equity to offset some expected struggles in the passing game.

Any thoughts from those that have watched him play?
This is correct. He's not mobile at all.

Looks like I’m starting AOC in my SuperFlex league.

Also own Davante so hopeful for a nice stack.

24/39 for 238 yards, no TDs, and an INT in his first start this year.

If I remember that game correctly an Adams TD was ruled down at the 1 and should have could have been reviewed, but they plunged it in anyways.

Not sure what to expect from him this weekend. But he may be my only hope.

Last edited:
Does AOC throw to TEs? Wondering about a possible Mayer bump incoming.
In his first game he threw 2 balls to Hooper for 1 catch for 11 yards.

Mayer hadn’t arrived yet.

I’m not sure that makes you feel great, but it is a fact.

No idea if him and Mayer have worked together much as fellow rookies. But since they are part of the same draft class… maybe just maybe they have a nice connection.

Until we see the Raiders play with the new coaching staff in place, I have no idea how to value any of their offensive players.

Was more of a game manager, but game script didn’t really mandate him being much more than that. Guy looks the part though - will be interesting to see if he can put up some stats in a more pass heavy script.

What I liked most was that he has awesome touch on his passes and throws well into tight spaces.

The Raiders have something here - interested to see how he develops rest of year.

I like AOC's upside, but after seeing how the Jets D totally shut down Herbert despite the loss, it could be an ugly indoctrination for the rookie on Sunday. Maybe better days ahead though.

I like AOC's upside, but after seeing how the Jets D totally shut down Herbert despite the loss, it could be an ugly indoctrination for the rookie on Sunday. Maybe better days ahead though.
not much uglier than when he started against the chargers earlier this year.

Users who are viewing this thread