What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jordan Love, GB (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I didn't see this coming. Early in the season, he had that "okay, his stats are good, but the eye test tells me this guy is not very good" look about him, but he looked really good late in the season, and while the Dallas defense gave no resistance yesterday, Love still made some terrific throws yesterday (that throw to make it 20-0 was a dagger). I was definitely way wrong about this guy.

This exactly. Early in the season I was holding my enthusiasm because he just looked "off". Stats were great, but I saw a lot of really bad throws and he should have had more INTs. He wasn't making great decisions. The last 9 he's had 21 TDs and 1 INT. His arm strength and accuracy look awesome. He's not the same guy as the first half of the season at all.

A lot of QBs make a decent leap in their second year as a starter. I think we can expect more of what we saw these last 9 games. Future is bright for this guy.

Yeah, I didn't see this coming. Early in the season, he had that "okay, his stats are good, but the eye test tells me this guy is not very good" look about him, but he looked really good late in the season, and while the Dallas defense gave no resistance yesterday, Love still made some terrific throws yesterday (that throw to make it 20-0 was a dagger). I was definitely way wrong about this guy.

This exactly. Early in the season I was holding my enthusiasm because he just looked "off". Stats were great, but I saw a lot of really bad throws and he should have had more INTs. He wasn't making great decisions. The last 9 he's had 21 TDs and 1 INT. His arm strength and accuracy look awesome. He's not the same guy as the first half of the season at all.

A lot of QBs make a decent leap in their second year as a starter. I think we can expect more of what we saw these last 9 games. Future is bright for this guy.
Yeah ditto on all of the aforementioned. Some of it likely was young WRs not running routes properly, some of it was Love needing to “throw guys open”, some of it was Aaron Jones missing time (AJ Dillon sucks), some of it was conservative play calling…….

He looks completely different the second half of season than he did for games like Las Vegas (which I sadly saw in person).

Guessing that there will still be bumps in the road, as he’s an inexperienced QB. But the future looks bright for him and the Pack.

I messed up trading Love for J. Addison in dynasty. I want that one back, even though I won the league, that might be a trade I really regret if Justin Herbert doesnt get his stuff together. With those young WRs and TEs, and a coach who knows offense, Love could be great for over a decade.

Yeah ditto on all of the aforementioned. Some of it likely was young WRs not running routes properly, some of it was Love needing to “throw guys open”, some of it was Aaron Jones missing time (AJ Dillon sucks), some of it was conservative play calling…….

He looks completely different the second half of season than he did for games like Las Vegas (which I sadly saw in person).

Guessing that there will still be bumps in the road, as he’s an inexperienced QB. But the future looks bright for him and the Pack.
It was all of that...and also add in the Oline solidifying some and getting their footing. Giving him more time, and opening up more in the run game allowing the game plan to be a little less conservative as well.
Seems it all sort of came together down the stretch and now what we are seeing.

It was all of that...and also add in the Oline solidifying some and getting their footing. Giving him more time, and opening up more in the run game allowing the game plan to be a little less conservative as well.
Seems it all sort of came together down the stretch and now what we are seeing.
LaFleur is a really good coach……

i wasn't surprised he is good. maybe a little at how good he's becoming in a short time frame. but the signs were there. the talk outta camp was full confidence. they knew what they had in love. even rodgers knew and it mirrored his first season starting. this year was about growth and it progressed better than i could have hoped. from a hot start to struggling to growing from that to devloping into one of the best qbs in the league by the end. my hope was we'd see this current version of love by next season. kid has poise and the team leaned into him and now are reaping the rewards. best season for the packers in a long time no matter what happens just cause the future is so bright and the 30+ years of having exceptional qb play might be extended to 40+ years.

Both teams that lost today should take solace that they have a bright futures. Houston has a longer horizon before money becomes an issue with their QB.

I’d think we should expect the pack to work a long term deal with Love as he heads into his final / extended year.

I’d think we should expect the pack to work a long term deal with Love as he heads into his final / extended year.

I guess they have to wait until May under league rules due to the timing on his extension last year, but yeah - it will be a massive, top 5 deal for sure.

What a horrific, inexplicably moronic last pass of the season. That being said, if they can keep that o-line together, he will be a valuable fantasy QB. He gets so much time to throw the ball.

For most teams I don't really consider the cap a real binding constraint because owners can always invest more cash bonuses to free up cap flexibility. How does it work with the Packers ownership structure though? Is it managed more like a corporate balance sheet?

Christian Watson--24 years old
Dontayvian Wicks--22 years old
Tucker Kraft--23 years old
Luke Musgrave--23 years old
Jayden Reed---23 years old
Romeo Doubs--23 years old

Jordan Love--25 years old

That is insanely impressive, and the upside of all these names is still TBD. Bright, bright future.

That is insanely impressive, and the upside of all these names is still TBD. Bright, bright future.
And the really good news:

Using cap numbers:

Watson 2 years at $2.8M a year
Wicks 3 years at $1.1M a year.
Kraft 3 years at $1.5M a year.
Musgrave 3 years at $2.35M a year
Reed 3 years at $1.95M a year
Doubs 2 years at $1.22 M a year

Love one year at $12.75 with extension likely coming this off-season.

For most teams I don't really consider the cap a real binding constraint because owners can always invest more cash bonuses to free up cap flexibility. How does it work with the Packers ownership structure though? Is it managed more like a corporate balance sheet?

Yes - they release the corporate financials every year. They maintain a cash reserve fund that is around $500m.

Good thing, because their cap isn't in a great spot.

And the really good news:

Using cap numbers:

Maybe time for a few defensive FA signings for next season.

Baktair is taking up $40m of it by himself and they'll be able to eliminate at least half of that amount on the books next year.

Baktair is taking up $40m of it by himself and they'll be able to eliminate at least half of that amount on the books next year.
Yep, and he'll be 20 mill dead cap. Not wonderful

Kenny Clark's deal is a problem as well. cap number of 27.5 mill. 24 mill dead cap. If they play him next year, and cut him, STILL 13 mill in dead cap.

49ers D still sucks

Don’t forget Bo!
Was just going to post this. What a fantasy mess next year.
Love throwing way more off balance and Farve with a shorter release. Both amazing though.

I am really glad I gave Love the entire season before coming in here pass judgement. It was a roller coaster ride for sure with a big season opener to beat CHI, losing 4 out of 6, then a 3 game win streak against LAC, DET & KC, more bad loses to NYG & TB, eeking out a W in CAR and finally righting the ship against MN and the Bears again to close out the regular season. Beating DAL was gravy and the playoff ride was just the experience this young team needed to put the NFL on notice, GBP is two years ahead of schedule. Give Love a bag in the offseason and Gutey, do what you gotta do with everyone else. You've earned it. Go Pack Go!

ETA: Oh, and Fire Joe Barry!:football:

And Rodgers was $50m of dead cap space which will now go to Love, cap going up, they'll be just fine.

Packers do like to win Super Bowls when their QBs are young. Favre and Rodgers were both in their age 27 seasons. Love will be 26 this year.

Users who are viewing this thread