What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (1 Viewer)

so lets say he does get traded. who are the most legit trade options?
I think it would be similar to the Watson situation were the Ravens work with Lamar and they'd really have to as Lamar has more leverage then Watson. Watson won't determine the price, but he'll have a say were he goes. Saying that I can't rule anything out because I never would have thought Watson would have chose Cleveland, but of course money.

Carolina- Tepper is aggressive and seems willing to do whatever he needs to get a QB. Watson spurned him but if Lamar will have him my money would be on him closing the deal. Not the largest bag of assets but I'd put them as the favorite.

Atlanta and their need, weaspons and style of play makes a lot of sense.

Those two teams from the NFC South would be my favorites, also thinking all things equal they'd like to move him to the NFC.

The two teams who keep going after retreads, Washington and Indy, would have to be mentioned.

I'd think the Jet's are a possibility for so many reasons.

I don't think any team has more draft capital then the Texans. We don't know who their head coach will be and not even sure if Caserio hangs on as GM. So without knowing who is running the operation, with their need and capital I'd think they at least would be in the discussion.

I would think Lamar would personally love to play in Miami but they don't have a #1, I don't think are going to kick Tua to the curb if he's returning and the strength of the team is their two WR's and not sure Lamar is the best guy to maximize that strength. I can't see them truly being in the mix.

I would think Lamar would personally love to play in Miami but they don't have a #1, I don't think are going to kick Tua to the curb if he's returning and the strength of the team is their two WR's and not sure Lamar is the best guy to maximize that strength. I can't see them truly being in the mix.
Miami probably doesn't have the capital to acquire Jackson, but I think he'd be a fantastic fit for that team. You don't need pinpoint accuracy when you've got Hill and Waddle, and teams can't stack the box or spy on Lamar without risking the deep shot. Perfect destination IMO.

My point is, it is literally unprecedented for a 26 year old MVP QB to become available. The reason(s) for that unprecedented situation will likely limit his market.
I don't know how you can say that when we just saw something similar. The MVP award is just a vote, does not mean anything in terms of value but if you want to get caught up on that award then ok but I don't think that means a thing. I feel pretty strongly that if you polled NFL teams prior to this season on whether they thought Watson or Lamar was the better QB opinions would be split.

Watson's baggage absolutely blasts anything negatives on Lamar and we saw teams lining up for Watson and of course him getting arguably best contract handed out to boot.

ETA: I forgot to say I do agree with you on some of the other reasons his market could have a few more limitations then we would typically see of a QB of his age and pedigree. The money, need to design an offense around him, injury concerns being at the top of that list. I was just making a point we just saw another QB similar in age and pedigree moved for a haul.

Last edited:
I think it would be similar to the Watson situation were the Ravens work with Lamar and they'd really have to as Lamar has more leverage then Watson. Watson won't determine the price, but he'll have a say were he goes. Saying that I can't rule anything out because I never would have thought Watson would have chose Cleveland, but of course money.

Carolina- Tepper is aggressive and seems willing to do whatever he needs to get a QB. Watson spurned him but if Lamar will have him my money would be on him closing the deal. Not the largest bag of assets but I'd put them as the favorite.

Those two teams from the NFC South would be my favorites, also thinking all things equal they'd like to move him to the NFC.

The two teams who keep going after retreads, Washington and Indy, would have to be mentioned.

I don't think any team has more draft capital then the Texans. We don't know who their head coach will be and not even sure if Caserio hangs on as GM. So without knowing who is running the operation, with their need and capital I'd think they at least would be in the discussion.

Quality list…New Orleans would make sense but they are in cap trouble and don’t have a #1 so they are not realistic…gotta believe the Raiders are a wildcard for any QB on the market be it the draft, FA or trade…a sneaky team that could get involved is Tennessee…feels like they are in transition and could be ripe for a big splash.

Miami probably doesn't have the capital to acquire Jackson, but I think he'd be a fantastic fit for that team. You don't need pinpoint accuracy when you've got Hill and Waddle, and teams can't stack the box or spy on Lamar without risking the deep shot. Perfect destination IMO.
I don't know. Maybe it was due in large part to Roman/offense but it's been pretty well documented the Ravens have struggled to get FA WR's to want to play with Lamar.

Quality list…New Orleans would make sense but they are in cap trouble and don’t have a #1 so they are not realistic…gotta believe the Raiders are a wildcard for any QB on the market be it the draft, FA or trade…a sneaky team that could get involved is Tennessee…feels like they are in transition and could be ripe for a big splash.
Raiders would be an interesting fit as well.

I’d bet he’s staying in Baltimore though. I give it a 10% chance he goes to another team.

I’d bet he’s staying in Baltimore though. I give it a 10% chance he goes to another team.

I would to but until that happens it makes for great speculation.

This and all he really has/had in Bmore as a receiving corps is Andrews --

I think Davante would ask to be traded if that happened.

Before this week I'd have put his odds of returning to Baltimore as more likely then not, not in the 90% range you have it, but in the 70-80% range. I now think it's less then 50/50, in other words I think it's more likely then not he is dealt.

Before this week I'd have put his odds of returning to Baltimore as more likely then not, not in the 90% range you have it, but in the 70-80% range. I now think it's less then 50/50, in other words I think it's more likely then not he is dealt.
RGIII had some interesting things to say to the fans clamoring that LJax should have been out there in a leg brace.

Paraphrasing, but basically he said LJax was doing the right thing given the grade 2-3 sprain, and wishes that he’d been confident enough to make the same decision to sit out, as trying to play through that injury was a “career trajectory altering” decision.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. Baltimore needs to spend a pick or two on WR, that’s for sure.

I would ask myself why is that?
Well, this year they inexplicably traded away Hollywood Brown, as if they had the WR depth to do so, so that one was a front office decision.
Sorry but you are looking at that all wrong and you could not have brought up a better player to prove my point.

It was not inexplicable. Hollywood Brown, who personally loves Lamar and was reportedly his best friend on the team, asked to be traded. He cited the offense but I'm not sure how you differentiate between the offense and Lamar.

When your best friend on the team is a WR that does not want to play with you it's pretty eye opening. Someone else can google it but I've heard Harbaugh acknowledge more then once it's a challenge getting top market FA WR's to come to Baltimore and that's why they've had to try and draft so many. Off top of my head I know Juju and Hilton, which at the time were not even really top of the market WR's, turned down more money from Baltimore to play somewhere else.

Again people can say it's Roman. The scheme. It's not Lamar. But I think the scheme has always been by and large designed for Lamar. I think personally NFL players including WR's love Lamar but he's just not someone WR's with a choice want as their QB.

It appears they may have tried to build it thru the draft using #1's on Hollywood and Bateman, Wallace in the 4th, Boykin and Duvernay in the 3rd since Lamar has been there (Andrews as a 3rd and Likely and Kolar as 4's are TE drafted during this period...Andrews was the same draft)...not saying that means FA Wr's do or don't want to play with Lamar (and I can see why they wouldn't) but on the surface, it appears they went the developmental route that has had its ups and downs.

Paraphrasing, but basically he said LJax was doing the right thing given the grade 2-3 sprain
Lamar not playing is a small factor in why I think he's more likely then not to get traded. It's more to do with what I view as a fracture in the relationship combined with the original issue of not being able to agree on terms and entering franchise tag status. The second part being the biggest. I think they can mend any issues with a new deal.

Well, this year they inexplicably traded away Hollywood Brown, as if they had the WR depth to do so, so that one was a front office decision.
Sorry but you are looking at that all wrong and you could not have brought up a better player to prove my point.

It was not inexplicable. Hollywood Brown, who personally loves Lamar and was reportedly his best friend on the team, asked to be traded. He cited the offense but I'm not sure how you differentiate between the offense and Lamar.

When your best friend on the team is a WR that does not want to play with you it's pretty eye opening. Someone else can google it but I've heard Harbaugh acknowledge more then once it's a challenge getting top market FA WR's to come to Baltimore and that's why they've had to try and draft so many. Off top of my head I know Juju and Hilton, which at the time were not even really top of the market WR's, turned down more money from Baltimore to play somewhere else.

Again people can say it's Roman. The scheme. It's not Lamar. But I think the scheme has always been by and large designed for Lamar. I think personally NFL players including WR's love Lamar but he's just not someone WR's with a choice want as their QB.

Baltimore has been a wasteland for WRs going back further than Lamar. As far as I can remember they’ve always relied on D, good run games and always seem stocked at TE. They never seem to draft an absolute stud at the position ( or the very nature of how they always play does not allow WRs to fully shine ) and anyone of note is usually a veteran - eg Steve Smith. That reputation is built up over many years. I think it’s maybe more of a Harbaugh thing. They just always seem to rely on winning in a grubby fashion apart from when Lamar is bombing about all over the place doing crazy stuff

Paraphrasing, but basically he said LJax was doing the right thing given the grade 2-3 sprain
Lamar not playing is a small factor in why I think he's more likely then not to get traded. It's more to do with what I view as a fracture in the relationship combined with the original issue of not being able to agree on terms and entering franchise tag status. The second part being the biggest. I think they can mend any issues with a new deal.
Fair points

My point is, it is literally unprecedented for a 26 year old MVP QB to become available. The reason(s) for that unprecedented situation will likely limit his market.
I don't know how you can say that when we just saw something similar. The MVP award is just a vote, does not mean anything in terms of value but if you want to get caught up on that award then ok but I don't think that means a thing. I feel pretty strongly that if you polled NFL teams prior to this season on whether they thought Watson or Lamar was the better QB opinions would be split.

Watson's baggage absolutely blasts anything negatives on Lamar and we saw teams lining up for Watson and of course him getting arguably best contract handed out to boot.

ETA: I forgot to say I do agree with you on some of the other reasons his market could have a few more limitations then we would typically see of a QB of his age and pedigree. The money, need to design an offense around him, injury concerns being at the top of that list. I was just making a point we just saw another QB similar in age and pedigree moved for a haul.

IMO the Watson and Jackson situations are fairly different. To grossly oversimplify, IMO:
  • Watson > Jackson for football considerations, including performance on the field and injury risk
  • Jackson > Watson for personal character
I wouldn't personally want to invest a market setting contract in either of them. But I know someone will for Jackson, just as the Browns did for Watson.

Mike Florio from PFT said (and I agree with him) that this is a situation where having an agent would have helped. An agent goes into overdrive to protect his guy... calls the talking heads and makes statements/puts out fires/makes people clarify stuff by going on interviews (hi Michael Vick). Here I'm seeing Lamar take nothing but shots in the media, and all he's done is clarify his medical situation in one Tweet... which people disagree with. Lamar REALLY needs to think about hiring if not an agent, some sort of PR guy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter King, FMIA Wild Card: Joe Burrow on Going to Buffalo; Daboll and Pederson on their Latest Improbable Wins
. I think the end of the Ravens’ season is the beginning of perhaps the biggest story of the NFL offseason: the fate of Lamar Jackson. Today is day 43 since Jackson sprained his PCL in a game against Denver. It’s an uncommon injury that usually is not repaired by surgery, but rather with aggressive rehab. A few factoids:

• It’s always dangerous to project timelines when a player gets hurt. The timeline when Jackson sprained the ligament Dec. 4 was two to three weeks. Jackson never played nor practiced in the final six weeks.
  • I spoke with two athletic trainers about the injury. Both said the player has to feel comfortable with playing with some discomfort in the knee. One said the key to coming back from a PCL sprain is to have a strong quad, and to build up the quad so the leg can feel capable even if there is still some weakness or unsteadiness in the ligament.
  • Dallas tight end Dalton Schultz had the same injury in week two this season. He returned two weeks later, played two games, then took another week off to continue to strengthen the area. He averaged 57 snaps and 4.3 catches per game in the last 11 weeks, numbers close to his career average over his time as a Dallas starter.
  • I thought it was interesting to hear wideout Sammy Watkins talk about wishing Jackson would play. “You got a chance to do something special,” Watkins said, per Adam Kilgore of The Washington Post. “We all know with Lamar Jackson out there, this team is really freaking good, and special things can happen. He can will this team to a Super Bowl. I don’t think he’s thinking about it that way … But he’s got an opportunity to win a Super Bowl. I hope he hobbles back out there. Put him out for the pass plays, and don’t run him at all. But you never know. That could be wrong. I’m being very selfish right now, just to want him to be out on the field.” Do others in the locker room feel the same way? I don’t know. Jackson’s a popular player in that room.
  • As I wrote last week, the Ravens now have to be in a quandary about what to do with Jackson, who is either due a new contract or a franchise tag before the 2023 season. The quandary is over Jackson missing 5.75 games last year and, including Sunday’s playoff loss, 6.75 games this year due to injury. He missed 31.6 percent of the snaps for Baltimore last year, and 34.8 percent this year. He’s missed 12.5 of a combined 35 games in the last two years—a third of the team’s offensive playing time. I think it’s going to be hard for Jackson to get a long-term contract without significant protection for the team. Which means, to me, a significant likelihood that the Ravens may use the non-exclusive franchise tag for Jackson. If he agrees to a contract with another team, the Ravens could match it or be awarded two first-round picks (or a different deal the two teams could negotiate) if the Ravens do not match it.

Last edited:
Mike Florio from PFT said (and I agree with him) that this is a situation where having an agent would have helped. An agent goes into overdrive to protect his guy... calls the talking heads and makes statements/puts out fires/makes people clarify stuff by going on interviews (hi Michael Vick). Here I'm seeing Lamar take nothing but shots in the media, and all he's done is clarify his medical situation in one Tweet... which people disagree with. Lamar REALLY needs to think about hiring if not an agent, some sort of PR guy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter King, FMIA Wild Card: Joe Burrow on Going to Buffalo; Daboll and Pederson on their Latest Improbable Wins
. I think the end of the Ravens’ season is the beginning of perhaps the biggest story of the NFL offseason: the fate of Lamar Jackson. Today is day 43 since Jackson sprained his PCL in a game against Denver. It’s an uncommon injury that usually is not repaired by surgery, but rather with aggressive rehab. A few factoids:

• It’s always dangerous to project timelines when a player gets hurt. The timeline when Jackson sprained the ligament Dec. 4 was two to three weeks. Jackson never played nor practiced in the final six weeks.
  • I spoke with two athletic trainers about the injury. Both said the player has to feel comfortable with playing with some discomfort in the knee. One said the key to coming back from a PCL sprain is to have a strong quad, and to build up the quad so the leg can feel capable even if there is still some weakness or unsteadiness in the ligament.
  • Dallas tight end Dalton Schultz had the same injury in week two this season. He returned two weeks later, played two games, then took another week off to continue to strengthen the area. He averaged 57 snaps and 4.3 catches per game in the last 11 weeks, numbers close to his career average over his time as a Dallas starter.
  • I thought it was interesting to hear wideout Sammy Watkins talk about wishing Jackson would play. “You got a chance to do something special,” Watkins said, per Adam Kilgore of The Washington Post. “We all know with Lamar Jackson out there, this team is really freaking good, and special things can happen. He can will this team to a Super Bowl. I don’t think he’s thinking about it that way … But he’s got an opportunity to win a Super Bowl. I hope he hobbles back out there. Put him out for the pass plays, and don’t run him at all. But you never know. That could be wrong. I’m being very selfish right now, just to want him to be out on the field.” Do others in the locker room feel the same way? I don’t know. Jackson’s a popular player in that room.
  • As I wrote last week, the Ravens now have to be in a quandary about what to do with Jackson, who is either due a new contract or a franchise tag before the 2023 season. The quandary is over Jackson missing 5.75 games last year and, including Sunday’s playoff loss, 6.75 games this year due to injury. He missed 31.6 percent of the snaps for Baltimore last year, and 34.8 percent this year. He’s missed 12.5 of a combined 35 games in the last two years—a third of the team’s offensive playing time. I think it’s going to be hard for Jackson to get a long-term contract without significant protection for the team. Which means, to me, a significant likelihood that the Ravens may use the non-exclusive franchise tag for Jackson. If he agrees to a contract with another team, the Ravens could match it or be awarded two first-round picks (or a different deal the two teams could negotiate) if the Ravens do not match it.

NFL agents get 3% of a player's contract. I'd rather take the PR hit. Lamar is going to get paid. I don't think that's in question.

Didn't Roquan just negotiate his own deal?

I get why player's want agents, but I think it's more to take the emotional aspect out of things. I wish my staff had an "agent" I could deal with when they ask for raises and I have to tell them no. They typically cry, just like Lamar is.

There sure seems to be a lot of smoke around this. Seemed like every pre game show I watched someone commented on this.

Not saying he's faking or anything - just that he's making a business decision right now.
If I were in Lamar's situation -- going through a contract negotiation and more injured than expected during a playoff push -- and I wanted to remain in Baltimore, I would be bending over backwards to show that I was a good soldier. Not only would be I on the sideline with the rest of the team, but you couldn't get me out of the building. I would be living in the treatment room and film room. First of all, that's what a team should expect from its franchise QB. You're the leader. Act like it. But also, I don't want to do anything that even gives the impression of dogging it. I would have the self-awareness to know that this looks kind of bad, so I would do everything I possibly could to remove any whiff of a suspicion of being less than 100% committed to my team.

Lamar's not doing that.
Well said.

Now tell us what you would do if you were an astronaut.

If this were most any team other than Baltimore, I'd agree. They just seem like too confident of an organization to overpay. This is a franchise that won Super Bowls with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco.

They aren't going to get desperate, and I think there are at least a half dozen other franchises that will.

And I feel like we are in a boom-bust era of QB's. There a handful of guys that you pay whatever it takes. And I mean a small handful. But that next tier, if you have any doubt whatsoever, the worst thing you can do is write a blank check. If you don't have a "no-doubter", you keep drafting cheap rookies or cheap patch it together vets until you strike gold.

You simply cannot drop $250 million on a maybe if you want sustained success.

A lot of franchises will, but don't think Baltimore is one.

If this were most any team other than Baltimore, I'd agree. They just seem like too confident of an organization to overpay. This is a franchise that won Super Bowls with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco.

They aren't going to get desperate, and I think there are at least a half dozen other franchises that will.

And I feel like we are in a boom-bust era of QB's. There a handful of guys that you pay whatever it takes. And I mean a small handful. But that next tier, if you have any doubt whatsoever, the worst thing you can do is write a blank check. If you don't have a "no-doubter", you keep drafting cheap rookies or cheap patch it together vets until you strike gold.

Solid points all around.

That said, the Ravens have also seen that Huntley is not the solution (though he did have a nice game against Cinci, it was a college-style offense)

I guess they could bring in Carr - that would be a lot cheaper, and assuming they got him some weapons I could see a ground and pound offense with a minimized QB, ALA Super Bowl Dilfer.

That’s an interesting fit, too.

As you assert - the $250M question will be who wants to shell out for LJax. Here’s a case of a dude who gambled on himself and sort of lost. His own injury, and to lesser extent Kyler Murray’s are big red flags for their play style snd that much guaranteed $.

fair - especially if they made the playoffs without him and almost beat a very good Cincy team...not to mention the haul they'd get from trading him along with the extra $ to spend.

However as a Jets fan and a few other teams a QB away - they are desperate enough to do it

Roman ran the same scheme in SF and in Buffalo for Tyrod.
same crappy passing game design & results

Solid points all around.

That said, the Ravens have also seen that Huntley is not the solution (though he did have a nice game against Cinci, it was a college-style offense)

I guess they could bring in Carr - that would be a lot cheaper, and assuming they got him some weapons I could see a ground and pound offense with a minimized QB, ALA Super Bowl Dilfer.

That’s an interesting fit, too.

As you assert - the $250M question will be who wants to shell out for LJax. Here’s a case of a dude who gambled on himself and sort of lost. His own injury, and to lesser extent Kyler Murray’s are big red flags for their play style snd that much guaranteed $.
if they bring in any pocket QB, they need to ditch Roman and hire a real NFL OC

NFL agents get 3% of a player's contract. I'd rather take the PR hit. Lamar is going to get paid. I don't think that's in question.

Didn't Roquan just negotiate his own deal?

I get why player's want agents, but I think it's more to take the emotional aspect out of things. I wish my staff had an "agent" I could deal with when they ask for raises and I have to tell them no. They typically cry, just like Lamar is.

About 1% of NFL players act as their own agents.

Pretty certain that ZERO NFL QBs negotiate their own deals. The values are too large, terms are long, and probably have a lot of clauses in there that other positional contracts do not. I'm guessing.

Lamar messed up here IMO. I think he's done in Baltimore. He'll want way too much money, and too much guaranteed money, for a QB that did not finish either of the last 2 seasons. On top of this, we have a PCL injury now and there is precedence (apparently) that players are not the same runners they were before this type of injury.

There sure seems to be a lot of smoke around this. Seemed like every pre game show I watched someone commented on this.

Not saying he's faking or anything - just that he's making a business decision right now.
If I were in Lamar's situation -- going through a contract negotiation and more injured than expected during a playoff push -- and I wanted to remain in Baltimore, I would be bending over backwards to show that I was a good soldier. Not only would be I on the sideline with the rest of the team, but you couldn't get me out of the building. I would be living in the treatment room and film room. First of all, that's what a team should expect from its franchise QB. You're the leader. Act like it. But also, I don't want to do anything that even gives the impression of dogging it. I would have the self-awareness to know that this looks kind of bad, so I would do everything I possibly could to remove any whiff of a suspicion of being less than 100% committed to my team.

Lamar's not doing that.
Well said.

I would tell everybody that the moon landing was definitely faked just to mess with everyone.

The problem with this years draft is that any team who might need a QB with a high pick (Texans/Colts/Falcons/Raiders/Panthers) arent't going to trade a Top Ten pick for Jackson. Maybe DET or SEA.....but Goff and Smith have played well enough to maybe warrant them being the short term solution at QB for their teams. CHI has Fields and PHI has Hurts....so they don't need to trade their picks either.

How about HOU trading their 12th and 33rd and some 2024 picks for him and then going BPA with their overall 2?

Lamar's not doing that.
Well said.

I would tell everybody that the moon landing was definitely faked just to mess with everyone.
Wait, are you saying the moon landing wasn't faked?

The problem with this years draft is that any team who might need a QB with a high pick (Texans/Colts/Falcons/Raiders/Panthers) arent't going to trade a Top Ten pick for Jackson.
What would make you conclude none of those QB needy teams would not covet Lamar enough to spend a top 10 pick?

Baltimore has been a wasteland for WRs going back further than Lamar. As far as I can remember they’ve always relied on D, good run games and always seem stocked at TE. They never seem to draft an absolute stud at the position ( or the very nature of how they always play does not allow WRs to fully shine ) and anyone of note is usually a veteran - eg Steve Smith. That reputation is built up over many years. I think it’s maybe more of a Harbaugh thing. They just always seem to rely on winning in a grubby fashion apart from when Lamar is bombing about all over the place doing crazy stuff
Yup -- this. Smith and probably Derrick Mason, both possession receivers, IMO were their best WRs --

The problem with this years draft is that any team who might need a QB with a high pick (Texans/Colts/Falcons/Raiders/Panthers) arent't going to trade a Top Ten pick for Jackson.
What would make you conclude none of those QB needy teams would not covet Lamar enough to spend a top 10 pick?

Cost control combined with excessive roster needs. You're giving up 5 years on a rookie deal versus what 42M(at least) per for a guy.....who while he was an MVP a few years ago; isn't a playoff sure thing and has had a propensity towards breaking down physically in the past couple of years. Alot of those teams don't have a great roster....and I'm not sure Jackson puts ANY of them over the top. Added to that, if Jackson is taking so much money...those rosters aren't going to be filled with free agents. If Goff and Geno Smith hadn't performed as well as they did this year; I'd say they would have been contenders for Lamar.

Would SEA go Geno and their First for Lamar?

Lamar is worth more than a top 10 first

In a vaccum. I don't know if Lamar is worth 240,000,000 guaranteed plus giving up a Top Ten (and more) picks.

With that cap...you better have a good enough roster for a two/three year window....because being locked into that AND giving up high draft capital is a recipe for disaster for any team not on the verge. Ironically, BAL is probably the team best suited to pay him the money he wants AND be able contend for another few years.

In a vaccum. I don't know if Lamar is worth 240,000,000 guaranteed plus giving up a Top Ten (and more) picks.

With that cap...you better have a good enough roster for a two/three year window....because being locked into that AND giving up high draft capital is a recipe for disaster for any team not on the verge. Ironically, BAL is probably the team best suited to pay him the money he wants AND be able contend for another few years.
It might not be the wisest decision but yes I’m saying he’s worth more than that even knowing you have to give him huge $ after you trade for him. There’s only so many qbs to go around and he is known asset.

It might not be the wisest decision but yes I’m saying he’s worth more than that even knowing you have to give him huge $ after you trade for him. There’s only so many qbs to go around and he is known asset.
I just overpaid for him in a SF league. So I know the desperation that NFL teams feel to find QBs.

When you can pull Geno off the scrap heap of set Purdy in the 7th there are probably more QBs out there that are startable than we realize.

When you can pull Geno off the scrap heap of set Purdy in the 7th there are probably more QBs out there that are startable than we realize.
Who knows what the impact will be, if any, but what's happened in the NFL over last 12-24 months won't help Lamar's case.

3 teams felt they were "a QB away" and went all in with draft capital and a big contract (CLE/DEN/LAR). In all 3 cases, that's looking like a bad long-term decision. Rams got a ring, nothing about the Stafford deal has looked good since or going forward. Still early in CLE and DEN, but not looking good so far.

And absolutely the teams that shipped off the franchise QB are really, really glad they did. That's a rare thing to say in the NFL, it feels like, and it just happened 3 times.

Along Geno/Purdy as you mention, and the NFC only having one 1st round QB make the Playoffs (although, if Lamar and Tua were healthy, all of the AFC QBs would have been 1st round picks).

Anyway, it only takes one team, but it seems like an odd time for QB valuations in the NFL right now. And of course, Lamar is already incredibly difficult evaluate long-term.

While I don't see BAL giving him the godfather deal, I could see him back in BAL if the market is softer than we think (based on a number of factors).

For what it’s worth Matt Williamson on his dynasty podcast said he had it on good authority that at least a couple of NFC South teams were itching for Lamar. As I recall he’s an ex scout with some contacts still in the game.

I’d like Atlanta for him - dome team, Pitts ( ala Andrews ), London, a good amount of draft picks this year and in excess of 70 million in cap space

For what it’s worth Matt Williamson on his dynasty podcast said he had it on good authority that at least a couple of NFC South teams were itching for Lamar. As I recall he’s an ex scout with some contacts still in the game.

I’d like Atlanta for him - dome team, Pitts ( ala Andrews ), London, a good amount of draft picks this year and in excess of 70 million in cap space
Seems as good a spot as any. But the comps to Vick are going to be tiring.

If Lamar becomes available, you gotta believe Carolina goes all in...they are desperate for a QB, and their Owner is very impatient right now...I do agree Atlanta would be an excellent fit for the reasons you lay out.

Users who are viewing this thread