What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Trevor Lawrence, JAX (2 Viewers)

Benching him for Tommy and the vaunted NYG offense. Playoff spot on the line. Hope Trevor stays healthy.

I am in disbelief, but I am running him out there regardless in one league for lack of better options. SF so he’s my QB2 instead of QB1. :shrug:

He truly is a JAG!

First 48 career starts

Trevor Lawrence Daniel Jones
20-28 W-L 19-29
85.5 Pass Rating 85.4
55/35 Pass TD/INT 55/33
12,204 Pass+Rush Yds 11,992
6.7 Yards/Att 6.7
So you want to count Trevor's rookie year with Satan running the team as Head Coach?

He is 17-14 as a starter during the regular season under Pederson but if you feel you need to dwell at 20-28 and rub his nose in Satan's leadership, be my guest
I choose to focus on what I saw when he was down 27-0 to the Chargers in the Playoffs last year.
He is down one of the NFL's Top Slot Wide Receivers
Trevor is pretty tough, he's 6 foot 6 and a physical presence unlike Tua Tags who barely stands at 6 feet

Are we just focusing on the FF angle?
I get it that folks are salty but if I were an NFL GM I would be wanting Trevor Lawrence on my team WAY OVER Jones and it's not even close.
Jags are still in 1st place of their Division and I think they will do quite well vs the Bucs this weekend

Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson said Trevor Lawrence is “progressing well” and remains in the league’s concussion protocol.

Lawrence had his head bounce off the turf Sunday night against the Ravens but remained in the game, only to be diagnosed with a brain injury following the loss. If Lawrence can’t clear the concussion protocol by this weekend, C.J. Beathard will get the start for Jacksonville in a critical Week 16 game against the Bucs.

So you want to count Trevor's rookie year with Satan running the team as Head Coach?
I think he has gotten more than his share of mulligans, don't you?

What would the media coverage be if Daniel Jones or Justin Fields fumbled the ball away with no one around them in the middle of a playoff race? And we didn't hear a peep.

He has shown he can make all the throws. He has NOT shown special, IMO.

I think he has gotten more than his share of mulligans, don't you?

What would the media coverage be if Daniel Jones or Justin Fields fumbled the ball away with no one around them in the middle of a playoff race? And we didn't hear a peep.

He has shown he can make all the throws. He has NOT shown special, IMO.
Can you see him as a Matt Ryan?

-He hasn't had the luxury of a Roddy White or Julio Jones on the outside,
Sorry but Calvin Ridley isn't a #1, he was removed from football and going thru so many things mentally on and off the field
I'd like to see Jacksonville pair him with a true WR1 like we see for guys like Tua which I feel makes Tua look a little better than he really is.

Purdy has Deebo, Dak has Lamb, Hurts has AJ Brown, those are the 3 top NFC QBs right now, yes/no?
Allen has Diggs, Browning a back up has Chase and Higgins, Tua has Hill

When he was down 27-0 in the Playoffs, did you see him make any special plays to bring Jacksonville back?
I feel like Lawrence is trying to push thru his TE and RB right now with Engram and Etienne, he's lost Kirk for the season.
I still think Jacksonville can make a little noise come Playoffs.

He was on the stage with Mahomes in the Semi-Finals last year in the AFC, lost 27-20 to the eventual World Champs
And he starts in Jacksonville, not exactly a powerhouse in NFL history, can we cut him a little slack here?

And he starts in Jacksonville, not exactly a powerhouse in NFL history, can we cut him a little slack here?
We are on year 3 of slack, are we not?

When he gonna be as good as CJ Stroud, a rookie who went to a train wreck of a team?
I love CJ Stroud, you're playing on my heart strings here
-You nail it and I encourage you to jump into the Houston Texans thread, a team I vowed never to support or believe in again but this season has made rethink their arc going forward.

Here is the great thing, the AFC South is going to be very competitive with all the new arms
You can doubt Lawrence or be critical of him, I think you're pretty fair in how you measure things
I also think in coming years games like Jax-Hou which has typically been a 1:00 forget it type game will have a chance to move up to Primetime viewing
Colt think they have something in ARich and the Titans might have found something in Levis they can build around for a couple years and see if they can exploit a rookie deal QB

He truly is a JAG!

First 48 career starts

Trevor Lawrence Daniel Jones
20-28 W-L 19-29
85.5 Pass Rating 85.4
55/35 Pass TD/INT 55/33
12,204 Pass+Rush Yds 11,992
6.7 Yards/Att 6.7
Man.

ETN, Engram, Ridley, Kirk.

He's really not good.
I'm really tired of people pumping up Kirk and Ridley like they're perennial all-pro talent. They've each put out 1 1k season in a combined like 10 seasons. Countless guys have done that to never do it again. Those 2 don't seem much different. Great #2 guys, Lawrence still doesn't have a true WR1.

He's not in that elite tier of QBs where he can get deep into playoffs without an alpha at WR, so the organization is going to have to help him out and draft/sign somebody.

Remember when he was the once in a generational talent? Think about that when you take Caleb Williams over MHjr in your superflex draft.

He's not in that elite tier of QBs where he can get deep into playoffs without an alpha at WR, so the organization is going to have to help him out and draft/sign somebody.
This is where I am at, and I am not slamming him. I think he might still be very good.

But 3 years in, and considering the level of prospect he was (best in years blah blah blah), it's fair to say he is disappointing. I think it's bordering on fact.

Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson said Trevor Lawrence’s (concussion) chances of playing in Week 16 are a “coin flip.”
Lawrence practiced Friday but remains in the NFL’s concussion protocol after sustaining a brain injury in Week 15 against the Ravens. Pederson added that Lawrence might have a better than 50-50 shot of suiting up for this week’s critical game against the Bucs. We would expect him to play. If he can’t, C.J. Beathard would be under center for the Jaguars — a major blow to the fantasy prospects of Evan Engram and Calvin Ridley.

Anyone rolling with him this week given the later window?
Yup, lost Herbert, Stroud, Levis and currently having to roll with Lawrence in my dynasty. Not much left for FA either, grabbed Tannehill, Beathard & Henickie off of waivers, such a brutal way to roll into my playoffs, ugh ...

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Trevor Lawrence’s right shoulder issue “is not considered to be a major injury.”

Lawrence left the Jags’ Week 16 game against the Bucs after sustaining the injury while scrambling out of bounds. He was shoved by a Tampa Bay defender and hit the ground hard but closed out the drive before leaving the game. The Jags were down 24 points, so it’s no surprise that he didn’t return. Lawrence should be back for his Week 17 matchup with the Panthers.

I REALLY need him this weekend. Are the odds good he plays? (I'm in a redraft total points championship, in first place coming into this final week but he and Howell are my only starting QBs)
Yeah, I know :ptts:

Jaguars GM Trent Baalk said the team will have a “heart to heart” with Trevor Lawrence over whether a long-term extension will happen now or in 2025.

Lawrence is under contract through 2024 but will presumably have his fifth-year option picked up later this offseason — locking him in for 2025. The former No. 1 overall pick has thrown for 11,770-58-39 in his first three seasons with the team and led them to the playoffs in 2022, but the team imploded late this season, going 1-5 in their last six games to miss the playoffs and finishing with a 9-8 record. Their offense still managed to finish 13th in both yards and points per game, but the team has multiple positions to address — specifically on the defensive side of the ball. It’s possible they will look to extend Lawrence after they have other in-house players taken care of for the upcoming season.

Users who are viewing this thread