What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tyrod Taylor, NYJ (1 Viewer)

What are people's thoughts on Taylor in dynasty? Guy in my league dropped him with the injury, and thinking of stashing him for beyond this year (have Rivers this year).

Not sure how someone drops Taylor in a dynasty...that defense isn't what people expected and the offense will be forced to throw the ball more than previously thought. He's definitely a string hold in dynasty leagues

What are people's thoughts on Taylor in dynasty? Guy in my league dropped him with the injury, and thinking of stashing him for beyond this year (have Rivers this year).
He's the next Russell Wilson. I'm only half-joking, but that 8.0 yards per attempt is looking good, small sample size of course. But after Rex had to endure Sanchize and tebow, I'm pretty sure he's fully behind tyrod. And this is a team that gave Ryan Fitzpatrick a franchise qb contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, at this point I hope he sits this week. I have Peyton available with a good matchup, but I really need Taylor next week with Denver on bye. I'd much rather he rest up than risk further injury against a pretty strong Cinci pass rush.

(Of course, the fact that next week is in London, and the Bills get a bye after that, could mean he sits next week as well. That would be ... suboptimal for me.)

His until last week growing trade value takes a major hit with this, whether he is out or not. That's a bummer.

I think we see him next week...tough kid and will do everything he can to be out there next week...this is obviously possible and means he suffered a grade 1 sprain

However, the former first-round pick has "several key supporters inside the organization," according to Rapoport. One of those supporters is likely general manager Doug Whaley, who drafted the former Florida State product.

Seems ridiculous but this is the one reason it could be a slim chance. GM wants to prove everyone he didn't botch the pick.

However, the former first-round pick has "several key supporters inside the organization," according to Rapoport. One of those supporters is likely general manager Doug Whaley, who drafted the former Florida State product.

Seems ridiculous but this is the one reason it could be a slim chance. GM wants to prove everyone he didn't botch the pick.
Whaley didn't draft Manuel, Buddy Nix did. If anything, it seems like Whaley would be more likely to back Taylor since Tyrod IS the QB he brought in.

Rotoblurb:

Tyrod Taylor said he has no limitations from his sprained MCL and is optimistic he will be able to play Sunday.

Taylor also said he expects to practice on Wednesday. Taylor was listed as a limited participant in practice all last week, and there were some rumblings he could have been active as an emergency quarterback against the Bengals. Both signs indicate Taylor could be ready in time to face the Jaguars, but he is questionable at best. Taylor's status will be updated throughout the week. Oct 20 - 8:48 AM

Source: Vic Carucci on Twitter
:)

I badly need Tyrod because of A Rodgers bye, and only Carson Palmer left on my roster in a start two league. And $0 available to bid on Z Mettenberger who will be snapped up quickly now that Mariota is going to be out a few weeks.

He will have McCoy and Karlos back as well. If Sammy also plays, Tyrod should be a high end QB1 this week.

I'm rolling with him this week over Cam and Eli
Wow. I'm considering maybe using him over Eli, but that's a big maybe. Eli just exploded last week, hard to sit him when he's hot and has a better matchup than Tyrod...

Although even in a bad week Tyrod can score 20+ points

Wow. I'm considering maybe using him over Eli, but that's a big maybe. Eli just exploded last week, hard to sit him when he's hot and has a better matchup than Tyrod...

Eli is so up and down. I feel like Tyrod has a higher floor (thanks to the legs) and maybe even a higher ceiling.

Eli is so up and down. I feel like Tyrod has a higher floor (thanks to the legs) and maybe even a higher ceiling.
You might just talk me into this

I'm now on my 7th QB. Great squad otherwise.

Starting over Bortles. Technically Alex Smith as well (thanks for the 28 pt bye week fill-in, now go sit in the corner.)

I want to start him over Dalton really bad, but I've been unable to pull the trigger. Tyrod hasn't played in a month.

Stashed him a few weeks ago after he was was dropped by an impatient owner. I've been dealing with The Sam Bradford Experience all year so I'm greatly looking forward to playing him

Just picked him up off of waivers in one of my keeper leagues. I'm the 11th place team facing the 12th place team for the toilet bowl.

:bag:

Eli isn't going to get into a shootout with Brees every week...

Correct. Eli went two straight weeks looking terrible before the Saints game. One touchdown against Philly and none against Dallas.

Correct. Eli went two straight weeks looking terrible before the Saints game. One touchdown against Philly and none against Dallas.
Beckham being hurt could have something to do with Eli looking terrible. I expect big things from Eli in the back half now that ODB is back to being healthy. I own Taylor FWIW, but not as down on Eli as some

Ok done.

Last time Taylor played Miami he scored 28.98 points in my league. I'm not in a real close matchup. The guy was a top 5 QB before he got hurt. If I had any other top 5 QB coming back from injury I wouldn't hesitate to start him

Currently starting him over Rodgers...... may get cold feet and switch out. Tyrods matchup is definitely juicier.

Getting his first dynasty start for me with Russel on a bye. Bridgewater is my only other option so it is easy. If he does well I may have to roll with the hot hand. Russell could lose his starting gig. I'll keep you guys posted.

Beckham being hurt could have something to do with Eli looking terrible. I expect big things from Eli in the back half now that ODB is back to being healthy. I own Taylor FWIW, but not as down on Eli as some
I'm not down on Eli at all. I like the guy and this is the second time I've owned him, but on a team where I have Cam, T-Mobile and Eli, I rarely even consider starting Eli.

Waffling back and forth between Cam and Tyrod. It always seems like Cam is going to crap the bed and put up a 10 spot each week, and then by the end of the game he has a nice score.

I'd feel a lot better if Watkins was anywhere near 100%.

Ok done.

Last time Taylor played Miami he scored 28.98 points in my league. I'm not in a real close matchup. The guy was a top 5 QB before he got hurt. If I had any other top 5 QB coming back from injury I wouldn't hesitate to start him
Wake is also done for the year.

Getting his first dynasty start for me with Russel on a bye. Bridgewater is my only other option so it is easy. If he does well I may have to roll with the hot hand. Russell could lose his starting gig. I'll keep you guys posted.
PM your Twitter handle so I can follow. TIA

anyone have any reservations about playing him this week?
I have some. Conventional wisdom tells me I'll be fine but FBG is very down on him it seems. Maybe because he's not their sexy sleeper. You see the same about Diggs too. There has been no indication to doubt Taylor aside from the fact that he was just injured. I have confidence he will do well solely on the fact that even when he has a crappy game he still manages to get 20fp due to his rushing abilities

My concern is that they limit his rushing out of concern for his health.
His biggest attribute is his rushing ability. If they are going to hold him back they might as well start EJ. and if the pocket collapses and Taylor runs for 45 yards, what are they going to do, bench him? Point being, how many of his runs are designed runs?

anyone have any reservations about playing him this week?
I have some. Conventional wisdom tells me I'll be fine but FBG is very down on him it seems. Maybe because he's not their sexy sleeper. You see the same about Diggs too. There has been no indication to doubt Taylor aside from the fact that he was just injured. I have confidence he will do well solely on the fact that even when he has a crappy game he still manages to get 20fp due to his rushing abilities
Lot of misinformation here.

They have him as a QB1 this week and he's mentioned throughout the subscriber content this week.

Taylor's appeal (from a fantasy perspective) is the added points he gives you with his legs. After a knee injury, I'm curious to see if he looks the same running the ball. If he picks up where he left off, you'll see his start percentage go way up. I think many are in a wait-and-see state of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread