What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quentin Griffin (1 Viewer)

On what grounds do you make that ASSumption? Why didn't Mike start last last year when Portis was hurt?
Because Mike Anderson DID start vs the Colts and played most of the 1st half. Once Q started ripping off big draw plays they left him in there.RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD Quentin Griffin 28 136 4.9 22 0 Mike Anderson 19 56 2.9 8 1

Because Mike Anderson DID start vs the Colts and played most of the 1st half. Once Q started ripping off big draw plays they left him in there.RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD Quentin Griffin 28 136 4.9 22 0 Mike Anderson 19 56 2.9 8 1
Exactly. Mike Anderson was considered the backup if Portis went down for significant time. But like I said earlier Mike Anderson was suspended four games last year for violating the leagues drug policy. This coincided almost perfectly with Portis' injury early in the season. Then when Portis missed the Colts game, you're right, they went to Mike Anderson until just after halftime of the Colts game when he fumbled. After the fumble Shanny went into angry rat mode and went to Griffin almost exclusively the rest of the game (ironically Griffin fumbled I believe on the next possession or very soon after that anyway). Then of course he pulled basically all his starters for the last week of the season. I think it would be difficult to read too much into any of that...either way.

Bump.Being that these Bronco running back arguments have been the most heated and constantly argued threads in here I thought I'd bump a couple very old threads just to show how ridiculous this was and continues to be...(by the way I'm also guilty of being a part of these dumb arguments so I'm not throwing blame just laughing at them is all)

Users who are viewing this thread