What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k in June (4 Viewers)

COURSE RECORD!! 2:05:39 unofficial time.
ARE YOU THERE?!?!?!?!
:goodposting: Unfortunately not - watching on the 'net.
Darn, I was hoping for a Go Pack Go Snuggie (or whatwever the hell he calls it) sighting.
me, too. I had to get my 13 miler done this morning and didn't get started as early as I'd hoped. If he was slow like me I'd have made it no problem... Anyway, I would have been too tempted to throw things at that damned green & gold... :tfp:

The marathon is broadcast on Chicago's NBC station and is supposed to be on the web also.

Check here to see.

Only 25 minutes until the start.

Oops it seems to be web broadcast here at 8am.
By the looks of things, the RESULTS link from the marathon site should update during the race. Anyone have gruecd's BIB # handy so I don't have to look for it? Thanks Darrin for the link. After watching 6+ hours of Kona on my lap top yesterday, whats a few more hours of online viewing?! eta, nevermind about the BIB #, found him by last name (589).
cool :doh: I am heading out the door for my downtown 5k. Wife and kids are going to so I want to make a good show of it. It was fun picking up the packet yesterday. Lots of running people hanging out and talking. I now kind of wish I had signed up for the 10k but I want to have a "good" 5k under my belt first. This is my second race. My first one in April was 45 mins. I expect a fairly big improvement from that. I am hoping I dont geek out and premature runaculte at the beginning of the race. I think that was an issue in my first one.
I have to make a correction above. My first 5k was 35 mins not 45 mins :bag: I am back from my 5k and it was awesome. Wish I could do this every week. I started out at the back of the pack. Starting out at the back worked out well for me as I was passing people consistently and made me feel good. It was a nice course. I think my favorite thing was running thorough a tunnel. As you entered you could hear this drumming but I could not tell where it was coming from. As I got to the end of the tunnel I saw maybe 5-6 people with huge drums and they were playing away and cheering us on. It was pretty cool in the beginning but was even better on the return. It was a pretty steep grade and those drums definately helped me up the hill. I never once walked and I was not passed often. As I came down the home stretch I heard a guy behind me and he had a trainer with him. The trainer was pushing him to beat me. I did not have the energy to hold the guy off and he beat me right at the end. It was borderline tacky in my opinion to have a coach yelling at him to take me out. Any way I finished at my goal of 30mins. I am waiting for the final results but I think it will be 30:45 which is a 5 min improvement from 4/09. I am very happy with it. The wife and kids were there to see me so that was cool to. I stuck around to watch the 10 miler winners. They announced the guy who won came in 9th nationally. I am not sure 9th in what but the guy looked good and finished real strong. I want to say he came in around 50 mins.

I feel really good right now. :pickle:

The marathon is broadcast on Chicago's NBC station and is supposed to be on the web also.

Check here to see.

By the looks of things, the RESULTS link from the marathon site should update during the race. Anyone have gruecd's BIB # handy so I don't have to look for it? Thanks Darrin for the link. After watching 6+ hours of Kona on my lap top yesterday, whats a few more hours of online viewing?! eta, nevermind about the BIB #, found him by last name (589).
cool :hifive: I am heading out the door for my downtown 5k. Wife and kids are going to so I want to make a good show of it. It was fun picking up the packet yesterday. Lots of running people hanging out and talking. I now kind of wish I had signed up for the 10k but I want to have a "good" 5k under my belt first. This is my second race. My first one in April was 45 mins. I expect a fairly big improvement from that. I am hoping I dont geek out and premature runaculte at the beginning of the race. I think that was an issue in my first one.
I have to make a correction above. My first 5k was 35 mins not 45 mins :bag: I am back from my 5k and it was awesome. Wish I could do this every week. I started out at the back of the pack. Starting out at the back worked out well for me as I was passing people consistently and made me feel good. It was a nice course. I think my favorite thing was running thorough a tunnel. As you entered you could hear this drumming but I could not tell where it was coming from. As I got to the end of the tunnel I saw maybe 5-6 people with huge drums and they were playing away and cheering us on. It was pretty cool in the beginning but was even better on the return. It was a pretty steep grade and those drums definately helped me up the hill. I never once walked and I was not passed often. As I came down the home stretch I heard a guy behind me and he had a trainer with him. The trainer was pushing him to beat me. I did not have the energy to hold the guy off and he beat me right at the end. It was borderline tacky in my opinion to have a coach yelling at him to take me out. Any way I finished at my goal of 30mins. I am waiting for the final results but I think it will be 30:45 which is a 5 min improvement from 4/09. I am very happy with it. The wife and kids were there to see me so that was cool to. I stuck around to watch the 10 miler winners. They announced the guy who won came in 9th nationally. I am not sure 9th in what but the guy looked good and finished real strong. I want to say he came in around 50 mins.

I feel really good right now. :pickle:
:thumbup: Great Improvement, great day!!!

Finished chicago! First marathon in the books. Finished in 5 hours which was a ok with me. Got stuck for 7 minutes at a pee break. Blasted through the last two miles though!

Finished chicago! First marathon in the books. Finished in 5 hours which was a ok with me. Got stuck for 7 minutes at a pee break. Blasted through the last two miles though!
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn: for a race report. The feeling of being able to call yourself a marathoner is priceless!

jmcc said:

Check here to see.

cool :hophead: I am heading out the door for my downtown 5k. Wife and kids are going to so I want to make a good show of it. It was fun picking up the packet yesterday. Lots of running people hanging out and talking. I now kind of wish I had signed up for the 10k but I want to have a "good" 5k under my belt first. This is my second race. My first one in April was 45 mins. I expect a fairly big improvement from that. I am hoping I dont geek out and premature runaculte at the beginning of the race. I think that was an issue in my first one.
I have to make a correction above. My first 5k was 35 mins not 45 mins :hophead: I am back from my 5k and it was awesome. Wish I could do this every week. I started out at the back of the pack. Starting out at the back worked out well for me as I was passing people consistently and made me feel good. It was a nice course. I think my favorite thing was running thorough a tunnel. As you entered you could hear this drumming but I could not tell where it was coming from. As I got to the end of the tunnel I saw maybe 5-6 people with huge drums and they were playing away and cheering us on. It was pretty cool in the beginning but was even better on the return. It was a pretty steep grade and those drums definately helped me up the hill. I never once walked and I was not passed often. As I came down the home stretch I heard a guy behind me and he had a trainer with him. The trainer was pushing him to beat me. I did not have the energy to hold the guy off and he beat me right at the end. It was borderline tacky in my opinion to have a coach yelling at him to take me out. Any way I finished at my goal of 30mins. I am waiting for the final results but I think it will be 30:45 which is a 5 min improvement from 4/09. I am very happy with it. The wife and kids were there to see me so that was cool to. I stuck around to watch the 10 miler winners. They announced the guy who won came in 9th nationally. I am not sure 9th in what but the guy looked good and finished real strong. I want to say he came in around 50 mins.

I feel really good right now. :)
That's fantastic. I wish I could run through a tunnel.

Woo Hoo, you did it! One more: :hifive: Man, that was a big crowd of people out there. I ended up not making it down to try to see gruecd and a couple other friends ...just too many logistics for the chance that I might actually find someone.

That's great. Everyone had a good day. And you can not say anything bad about 7 minutes, that's some good peeing man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prelim results are up for me.

30:41.7

9:52.8 pace

12th in my age bracket (M 40-44)

I now see the guy with the trainer who picked me off at the end was M 15-19. I feel a little better about it now. :shrug:

Looks like I came in at 116 out of 307.

Winner did it in 15:42.6 and 10 mile winner did it in 52:11.5 (Craig Curley)

The time my antivrus released this email is the time I received it. I am very glad they had the live timing. 7 hours to get an email is ridiculous.

Gruecd, 03:06:10 (net) @ Finish (unofficial). Pace 7:06. Presented by Verizon Wireless.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.421 / Virus Database: 270.14.9/2428 - Release Date: 10/11/09 06:39:00

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread