What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (4 Viewers)

In the interest of ‘learn from my mistakes’, I don’t recommend getting back into the weight room too aggressively. I am more sore now from a gym workout last Thursday than I was post race. And I hopefully didn’t wake up my old friend groin strain and it’s just sore. Stupid. That is all. 

In the interest of ‘learn from my mistakes’, I don’t recommend getting back into the weight room too aggressively. I am more sore now from a gym workout last Thursday than I was post race. And I hopefully didn’t wake up my old friend groin strain and it’s just sore. Stupid. That is all. 
No matter how light you go - wrt both quantity of reps and amount of weight.  This happens every time.  I did nothing more than document strength goals for the week once racing season ends - last month I titled each week 'ease into it,' 'undo whatever mistakes you made last week,' 'rebuild,' 'deload,' and 'okay now you are ready.'

So I'm reading a book about brain disorders, this morning I read the chapter about addictions. Obviously I thought about y'all.

And then I signed up for the recover from the holidays 50k on NYE. 

I'm freaking stupid, but at least I have an excuse according to the book, addicts can't stop themselves. 

Zasada said:
"Just like runnin side".  Total gibberish.
Apparently it's "Just like Ronnie sang."

In 1986, [Ronnie] Spector enjoyed a resurgence to popular radio airplay as the featured vocalist on Eddie Money's Top 5 hit, "Take Me Home Tonight", in which she answers Money's chorus lyric, "just like Ronnie sang", with, "be my little baby". The song's music video was one of the top videos of the year and in heavy rotation on MTV. During this period, she also recorded the song "Tonight You're Mine, Baby" (from the film Just One of the Guys).[9]

And now it’s your turn!  How’re you feeling going into your first 50M this weekend?
Good luck, @SteelCurtain!  My only advice is to really take it easy those first 5.5 miles where you climb over 1,100 feet.  Beyond that, it's really one of the easier ultra courses you're going to find.  You'll do great.

Starting to contemplate running Carmel again this coming spring and just doing Boston "for fun" 16 days later.  The weather in Boston is such a crapshoot that sometimes it can be borderline impossible to run even a "decent" race, where you're almost guaranteed nice, cold racing weather in Carmel at the end of March.  Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting to contemplate running Carmel again this coming spring and just doing Boston "for fun" 16 days later.  The weather in Boston is such a crapshoot that sometimes it can be borderline impossible to run even a "decent" race, where you're almost guaranteed nice, cold racing weather in Carmel at the end of March.  Thoughts?
Looking at the results you posted I'm gonna guess you haven't A raced Boston.  Me personally, I'd throw caution to the wind and make that my goal.  Weather be damned.  Carmel will still be there March 2020.

Looking at the results you posted I'm gonna guess you haven't A raced Boston.  Me personally, I'd throw caution to the wind and make that my goal.  Weather be damned.  Carmel will still be there March 2020.
Except that anything much over 50° and my performance starts to suffer.  And if past experience is any indication, the odds of it being unseasonably warm are much greater than the odds of it being unseasonably cold.

Except that anything much over 50° and my performance starts to suffer.  And if past experience is any indication, the odds of it being unseasonably warm are much greater than the odds of it being unseasonably cold.
Them's the risks - you'll never A race Boston if you don't attempt it.  

Alright fellas, some advice.  First injury so want to be smart here.

3 days now with no pain and really not feeling anything with the achilles.  I think it was definitely a sudden injury with a little minor strain/tear that I really aggravated the following day with 6 miles.  There was never pain before that and it's healed up "relatively" quickly.   Been icing after work when it was sore, doing the eccentric stretches (spoke with my PT and she agreed with those) and taking daily NSAID. 

I have a 6 mile race next Thursday on Thanksgiving.  I'd like to try and run it with my wife but it's not a race I'm trying to set any PRs in and I don't mind taking it "easy". 

1)  Bad idea to run it?

2)  If I do decide to run it, should I try and get out in the next day or two first and see how things feel?  Or better to not do anything and let it fully rest/heal and just get out a day or 2 before to get on my feet?

I'm leaning toward trying to get out tomorrow for an easy 1-2 miles and see how things feel and shelf it if I feel anything more than just knowing it's there.  If that goes well, then give it a day or two off and then try a little more. 

Keep in mind I've got the Hot Chocolate 15K on Dec 9th and I care a bit more about that race although even that one I'm not trying to go crazy with.  It's going to be a little "revenge" of sorts for my HM and will try and improve my time last year but I know I'm not fully trained for it so it'll just be a good effort.  But, if I have to miss a race, I'd rather it be the one next week and not the 15K.

@gianmarco you're gonna reach through whatever device you read this and strangle me, but - I'd plan to pack it in for the year.  You've done 57 miles over the last 6 weeks, nothing in 2 weeks, and may or may not still be injured.  I get wanting to rid the bad taste out of your mouth from the HM, but racing is merely just a function of training.  You don't have enough time to train for either race.  Get healthy, rebuild the base, train right, then dominate.

In related news, I bought myself a reward for completing my HM.  These go on sale (CAD585, $300 off) very rarely so I thought I'd take the plunge.

Now Eddie can live on my wrist.  Who can argue with that?
I think I'm going to be in the market for a new watch soon.  Tried to make my apple watch be the work horse, but I can't give up Garmin Connect.  

I think I've had my FR 620 for 4-5 years now.  

I see a few guys on Strava with the FR 235.  That seems to be the most functional.    

I just noticed water fountains show on Strava maps.  Is that new or have I just missed them?  

Edit:  Looks like they've always been there.  It would have been nice if someone told me.

@gianmarco you're gonna reach through whatever device you read this and strangle me, but - I'd plan to pack it in for the year.  You've done 57 miles over the last 6 weeks, nothing in 2 weeks, and may or may not still be injured.  I get wanting to rid the bad taste out of your mouth from the HM, but racing is merely just a function of training.  You don't have enough time to train for either race.  Get healthy, rebuild the base, train right, then dominate.
Not going to strangle you  :)

I asked the question so I'm certainly open to advice, but I'm just not ready to pack it in unless my body is telling me to.  I'm ok running these races without full training.  Even before the injury, I wasn't planning on doing specific training for either and was just going to bump up miles and do base training.  I'm still planning on doing that.  Other than those 2, I don't have any races planned for the next few months and the plan will still be to rebuild a base and then train for whatever I decide to go after next. 

As long as I'm not hurting and I'm not hurting myself, I plan on running the race next week.  So, forgetting the "bad idea to run it question", assuming I do, and assuming I'm ok not running it with any significant prep, should I try and get a few runs in before and test things out or should I give it a full extra week to make extra sure things are healing well?

I just noticed water fountains show on Strava maps.  Is that new or have I just missed them?  

Edit:  Looks like they've always been there.  It would have been nice if someone told me.
I don't remember seeing them either. But then there's only a couple on my infrequent routes.

Not going to strangle you  :)

I asked the question so I'm certainly open to advice, but I'm just not ready to pack it in unless my body is telling me to.  I'm ok running these races without full training.  Even before the injury, I wasn't planning on doing specific training for either and was just going to bump up miles and do base training.  I'm still planning on doing that.  Other than those 2, I don't have any races planned for the next few months and the plan will still be to rebuild a base and then train for whatever I decide to go after next. 

As long as I'm not hurting and I'm not hurting myself, I plan on running the race next week.  So, forgetting the "bad idea to run it question", assuming I do, and assuming I'm ok not running it with any significant prep, should I try and get a few runs in before and test things out or should I give it a full extra week to make extra sure things are healing well?
That only works if you don’t accidentally race/press/push on raceday to aggravate or worsen something. If you’re leaning towards the race for the experience, I’d get in an easy test prior in to see how things go but given you’re asking and haven’t just tried an easy run yet, maybe give it another few days.  

Speaking of injury updates: Hip report

So in September I had severe pain in the left hip ...actually more toward the back side of the pelvis bone.  It hurt to stand on it; hurt to walk (or certainly run); hurt to lay on that side.  My doc referred me to an ortho doc a few weeks ago.  By then, the pain was virtually gone.  Before seeing the doc, I took a long-overdue look at my main shoes and realized I had bad wear on the outside of the left heel.  Hmm - culprit?  A bone scan with the first visit showed nothing.  But the doc was awful.  Very technical; rushed; no real interest in me or my running past and plans.  She sent me for an MRI, and I had a follow-up appointment today with her.  Over the past two weeks I've been building up my running.  I swam last night and did some lateral movement in the pool; ran this morning ...no pain.  The MRI didn't show anything significant - a little bit of arthritis; a little wear on the labrum; and some muscle stress.  But nothing of concern.  Basically, things seem all good for now.  Just gotta do my eccentric stretches and strengthen the hips and such.  Doc was again awful.  Within, like, 20 seconds she was on the computer, back to me, checking the MRI images.  She talked through it, and then gave me the impression of 'my work's done, can I leave now?'  She suggested some PT, and I might, but with nothing significant from the MRI, I feel it's just a matter of balancing the running with the proper support work.

So in September I had severe pain in the left hip ...actually more toward the back side of the pelvis bone.  It hurt to stand on it; hurt to walk (or certainly run); hurt to lay on that side.  My doc referred me to an ortho doc a few weeks ago.  By then, the pain was virtually gone.  Before seeing the doc, I took a long-overdue look at my main shoes and realized I had bad wear on the outside of the left heel.  Hmm - culprit?  A bone scan with the first visit showed nothing.  But the doc was awful.  Very technical; rushed; no real interest in me or my running past and plans.  She sent me for an MRI, and I had a follow-up appointment today with her.  Over the past two weeks I've been building up my running.  I swam last night and did some lateral movement in the pool; ran this morning ...no pain.  The MRI didn't show anything significant - a little bit of arthritis; a little wear on the labrum; and some muscle stress.  But nothing of concern.  Basically, things seem all good for now.  Just gotta do my eccentric stretches and strengthen the hips and such.  Doc was again awful.  Within, like, 20 seconds she was on the computer, back to me, checking the MRI images.  She talked through it, and then gave me the impression of 'my work's done, can I leave now?'  She suggested some PT, and I might, but with nothing significant from the MRI, I feel it's just a matter of balancing the running with the proper support work.
This always seems to be my issue. Throughout my recent injuries and visits to the doctors, it seems that they just do not really care. I speak about my running and its importance in my life, but like you said, they do not seem to care. This is the main reason I brush most of my injuries off and try to push through them. Visits to the doctor seem to do a few things. They cost money, waste time, and deliver no help. I know some of you have the opposite experience and that is amazing. With that being said, nice to hear you’re doing well. I may try to get through a few miles in the morning. 

Did this doctor have a sports medicine focus? I’ve gone to two doctors for running related injuries and both seemed to care about me and my running.  I know two is a small sample size but I think there is something to that.

Did this doctor have a sports medicine focus? I’ve gone to two doctors for running related injuries and both seemed to care about me and my running.  I know two is a small sample size but I think there is something to that.
I’ve only gone to PT/chiro types for any issues, docs just tell you to stop running. 

I’ve only gone to PT/chiro types for any issues, docs just tell you to stop running. 
Same. And I wouldnt ever ask one but everyone I've ever talked to that has said exactly that. 

Do you have a good chiro nearby? Totally different issue. We have a great one a 15 min drive away. I'm lucky. And he better not ever move.

She's done a marathon herself, and worked as an event physician at the Chicago and NY marathons and Lake Placid Ironman.  So her lack of interest baffled me ...and ticked me off.  I tried to explain my winter cross-training and plans to gear up marathon training late in 2019, etc.  Her body language was like "yeah, OK, whatever ...time to go."

IF something reoccurs, I'll go elsewhere (remembering that @gruecd had mentioned a great doc).

She's done a marathon herself, and worked as an event physician at the Chicago and NY marathons and Lake Placid Ironman.  So her lack of interest baffled me ...and ticked me off.  I tried to explain my winter cross-training and plans to gear up marathon training late in 2019, etc.  Her body language was like "yeah, OK, whatever ...time to go."

IF something reoccurs, I'll go elsewhere (remembering that @gruecd had mentioned a great doc).
Ive screened a few in the near west burbs for ya. MDs and chiro pts. 

The North Face 50M, the de facto 50M US championship and a race with $30K in prize money, was just cancelled due to the terrible air quality here from the Camp Fire.   Such a bummer as people come from all over the world for this race. But it’s brutal here, 48 deaths (and counting) and 7,600 homes gone. Race organization is donating prize money and all the food to victims.  

And now it’s your turn!  How’re you feeling going into your first 50M this weekend?
I wish I could say I'm super excited for it.  I'm going to run it but my motivation is lacking a bit.  There are so many unknowns that I just haven't adequately prepared for.  I haven't run much on trails.  I haven't practiced my nutrition.  I just bought a pack (off Amazon...to be delivered TODAY!) which will likely be worn once for a 4 mile run before race day. 

All that being said, I think my legs have it in them and that's hopefully the most important.  My goal is to try to negative split this race, which sounds crazy, but the hardest part is the first 16 miles.  Then its easier.

Weather looks decent which is good (low of 30...high of 47.  Sunny).  I'll probably wear a few throwaway things for the first 5-10 miles until the air temp rises and my body temp goes up a little. 

I originally was focused on a time goal of 8-10 hours, but I think I need to back off of that and just run fun and easy.  Let's see where I'm at 30 miles in.  I'm now really wanting to negative split this even if that means I'm over 10 hours.  Again, my first ultra so this is uncharted territory for me.

Appreciate you asking and I'll post tracking information on Friday at some point.

Taper for 50 miler sucks just as much as tapering for 26.2.  :)

I wish I could say I'm super excited for it.  I'm going to run it but my motivation is lacking a bit.  There are so many unknowns that I just haven't adequately prepared for.  I haven't run much on trails.  I haven't practiced my nutrition.  I just bought a pack (off Amazon...to be delivered TODAY!) which will likely be worn once for a 4 mile run before race day. 

All that being said, I think my legs have it in them and that's hopefully the most important.  My goal is to try to negative split this race, which sounds crazy, but the hardest part is the first 16 miles.  Then its easier.

Weather looks decent which is good (low of 30...high of 47.  Sunny).  I'll probably wear a few throwaway things for the first 5-10 miles until the air temp rises and my body temp goes up a little. 

I originally was focused on a time goal of 8-10 hours, but I think I need to back off of that and just run fun and easy.  Let's see where I'm at 30 miles in.  I'm now really wanting to negative split this even if that means I'm over 10 hours.  Again, my first ultra so this is uncharted territory for me.

Appreciate you asking and I'll post tracking information on Friday at some point.

Taper for 50 miler sucks just as much as tapering for 26.2.  :)
I'm getting excited for this thing. Going to be fun watching what you can do. 

I'm sure once I get on the ground, I'll feel better about it all.  I'm just really nervous.
Don’t be.  You easily have the base and experience for this distance.  I love the “throw time goals out and run fun and easy” line of thinking, because IMO if you take that approach you’ll more often than not run a time that you’re happy with. I’d recommend running the first ~25-30 miles comfortably and reassess from there. That’s still a lot of race remaining and logically that might align with your negative split plan if you feel great and want to really start pushing during the back half.  

Can’t wait to follow along.  You don’t need it, but good luck!

That only works if you don’t accidentally race/press/push on raceday to aggravate or worsen something. If you’re leaning towards the race for the experience, I’d get in an easy test prior in to see how things go but given you’re asking and haven’t just tried an easy run yet, maybe give it another few days.  
Yep - running vs. racing.  Nothing wrong with running it if you're feeling healthy.  But there's that switch we don't control in our brains that doesn't know the difference between racing and running when in an actual race you don't intend to race.  If you're questioning whether to do any runs before or not then I think that answers the second question for you.  But that doesn't sound like the case.  So just start moving.  Without regard to the race - tune up, prep, recovery, etc.  Just start buidling the base and add in the races as you go - just don't actually race them.

A year+ of experience and it's crazy how different things look and feel.  I think back to so many things I used to ask and things I used to do and it's kind of awesome to see how that perspective changes.  I know this may be a little early, but since I'm in a strange place now where I might be done for the year and I'm trying to look ahead long-term, I figured I might as well put some thoughts out there.

1) My biggest disappointment all year -- My recent half-marathon for sure.  Not because I didn't get the time I wanted.  Not because I don't think I put work into it even though it still likely wasn't good enough to race as others have pointed out.  But because I should have run so much smarter and failed to do so.  Ego and lack of discipline completely wrecked that morning for me.  As a result, here are my main goals for 2019

A)  Run every race as a negative split.  Reading @SteelCurtain's thoughts above just emphasized this even more.  Most of you, of course having done this for a while, are disciplined and do this the right way.  I need to get on board.  Don't get me wrong, I've had intentions of doing so but I now see how easy it is to go out the window.  And not just for me, apparently.  I think it's crazy that less than 15% of racers run negative splits when it's known to be a superior approach.  I'm going to join that 15% in 2019

B)  Log slower miles and build a nice base over the next few months.  A goal of 40 mpw and just getting comfortable spending time on my feet.  I won't ignore speedwork but I'll mostly do it as strides or finishing runs strong to help emphasize the negative split approach. 

C)  Going along with the above, since I'm likely to miss it now, is to hit 1000 miles next year.  That will involve remaining healthy and being consistent.  But, as long as I have fun with it, I'll get there.

D)  Have fun with running this year.  Last year was a lot of "tests" for me, trying to improve, see how fast I could get, see how far I could go, see what I liked and what I didn't.  This year, I want to keep it fun and really don't care about setting any PRs or whether I get much faster.  I haven't even identified any A race yet for 2019.  I'm going to see where the next few months take me while running in cooler temps.

2)  Looking back, my favorite personal moments this year

A)  The relay race sticks out.  I had that thing circled on the calendar for a while and I learned so much that day and had a blast doing it. 

B)  Hitting a 6:38 mile during the 1st mile of my summer 5K was pretty neat, especially given the conditions.  I look back now at how stupid that was for the race itself, but I still can't believe I was able to do that after a year of running.

C)  The 10K I ran in Italy was an absolute blast.  It was the first time I raced just for fun and I enjoyed it.  It's a big reason why I want to get out next week.  I want to race for fun and enjoy the moment without being so focused on hitting a certain time.

D)  My wife fully buying in on the "mileage is king" approach.  She's seen it now over more than one race and her focus now is getting out as often and as long as possible.  The fact that I (via you guys) am the one responsible for that is pretty ####### cool.  It just goes to show how much goes into this sport and how we can learn from so many others regardless of where they are in their running.

Anyway, that's all, and I'll rewrite this at year's end when it's the more formal time, but just felt like putting some thoughts down as I look at next week, next month, and next year. 

I'm sure once I get on the ground, I'll feel better about it all.  I'm just really nervous.
You'll do great.  Granted, I only did the first 27 miles, but I did cover the entire "hard" part, and it wasn't that bad.  Have fun with the switchbacks coming down off the AT.

Went for a run over lunch today.  Was humming along and feeling good....until I tripped on an uneven sidewalk and ate ####.  :( I'm fine...but I ripped a big hole in the palm of my good running gloves.  New $35 pair on the way from Amazon.

Naturally it happened right near an intersection, so a bunch of people saw it happen. :bag:   And yes, I did stop my Garmin.

A year+ of experience and it's crazy how different things look and feel.  I think back to so many things I used to ask and things I used to do and it's kind of awesome to see how that perspective changes.  I know this may be a little early, but since I'm in a strange place now where I might be done for the year and I'm trying to look ahead long-term, I figured I might as well put some thoughts out there.

1) My biggest disappointment all year -- My recent half-marathon for sure.  Not because I didn't get the time I wanted.  Not because I don't think I put work into it even though it still likely wasn't good enough to race as others have pointed out.  But because I should have run so much smarter and failed to do so.  Ego and lack of discipline completely wrecked that morning for me.  As a result, here are my main goals for 2019

A)  Run every race as a negative split.  Reading @SteelCurtain's thoughts above just emphasized this even more.  Most of you, of course having done this for a while, are disciplined and do this the right way.  I need to get on board.  Don't get me wrong, I've had intentions of doing so but I now see how easy it is to go out the window.  And not just for me, apparently.  I think it's crazy that less than 15% of racers run negative splits when it's known to be a superior approach.  I'm going to join that 15% in 2019

B)  Log slower miles and build a nice base over the next few months.  A goal of 40 mpw and just getting comfortable spending time on my feet.  I won't ignore speedwork but I'll mostly do it as strides or finishing runs strong to help emphasize the negative split approach. 

C)  Going along with the above, since I'm likely to miss it now, is to hit 1000 miles next year.  That will involve remaining healthy and being consistent.  But, as long as I have fun with it, I'll get there.

D)  Have fun with running this year.  Last year was a lot of "tests" for me, trying to improve, see how fast I could get, see how far I could go, see what I liked and what I didn't.  This year, I want to keep it fun and really don't care about setting any PRs or whether I get much faster.  I haven't even identified any A race yet for 2019.  I'm going to see where the next few months take me while running in cooler temps.

2)  Looking back, my favorite personal moments this year

A)  The relay race sticks out.  I had that thing circled on the calendar for a while and I learned so much that day and had a blast doing it. 

B)  Hitting a 6:38 mile during the 1st mile of my summer 5K was pretty neat, especially given the conditions.  I look back now at how stupid that was for the race itself, but I still can't believe I was able to do that after a year of running.

C)  The 10K I ran in Italy was an absolute blast.  It was the first time I raced just for fun and I enjoyed it.  It's a big reason why I want to get out next week.  I want to race for fun and enjoy the moment without being so focused on hitting a certain time.

D)  My wife fully buying in on the "mileage is king" approach.  She's seen it now over more than one race and her focus now is getting out as often and as long as possible.  The fact that I (via you guys) am the one responsible for that is pretty ####### cool.  It just goes to show how much goes into this sport and how we can learn from so many others regardless of where they are in their running.

Anyway, that's all, and I'll rewrite this at year's end when it's the more formal time, but just felt like putting some thoughts down as I look at next week, next month, and next year. 
(Checks calendar to make sure it’s not year end)

Love reading that and it’s been a great year for you and the motivation jumps off the screen with your posts. You will be gobbling up the miles in 2019 whether you trot or not

?

Yep - running vs. racing.  Nothing wrong with running it if you're feeling healthy.  But there's that switch we don't control in our brains that doesn't know the difference between racing and running when in an actual race you don't intend to race.  If you're questioning whether to do any runs before or not then I think that answers the second question for you.  But that doesn't sound like the case.  So just start moving.  Without regard to the race - tune up, prep, recovery, etc.  Just start buidling the base and add in the races as you go - just don't actually race them.
:yes:

Well, equivocal news.  Just went out to try and run before we get a few inches of snow tonight.  Earlier today went to that StretchU place again and had no pain and he even worked on that achilles with the vibrating massager and it didn't bother me one bit (could barely touch it earlier last week still).  So, feeling good and 35 degrees outside, perfect chance to try and get out and do a mile or 2.

Started running and felt good without feeling any discomfort.  Until about 1/10th to 2/10ths of a mile and then I knew it was there.  It wasn't a pain but it was a tightness that felt familiar a few days ago.  So, I shut it down after 1/2 mile. 

I don't have any pain right now.  Feels back to normal.  Tomorrow will be telling for sure.  When I ran my 6 miles the day after I tweaked it, while it wasn't bad, it certainly hurt more than it did today.  The next day I knew something was wrong and it was much, much worse.  If I can wake up tomorrow without pain, then I'll feel good about running in the race next week.  If it's hurting at all, I'm going to bag the race and look to next month. 

Either way, I'm not going to run anymore for the next week.  If it feels good tomorrow, I'm going to let it fully heal heading into Thanksgiving and just have fun. 

:yes:

Well, equivocal news.  Just went out to try and run before we get a few inches of snow tonight.  Earlier today went to that StretchU place again and had no pain and he even worked on that achilles with the vibrating massager and it didn't bother me one bit (could barely touch it earlier last week still).  So, feeling good and 35 degrees outside, perfect chance to try and get out and do a mile or 2.

Started running and felt good without feeling any discomfort.  Until about 1/10th to 2/10ths of a mile and then I knew it was there.  It wasn't a pain but it was a tightness that felt familiar a few days ago.  So, I shut it down after 1/2 mile. 

I don't have any pain right now.  Feels back to normal.  Tomorrow will be telling for sure.  When I ran my 6 miles the day after I tweaked it, while it wasn't bad, it certainly hurt more than it did today.  The next day I knew something was wrong and it was much, much worse.  If I can wake up tomorrow without pain, then I'll feel good about running in the race next week.  If it's hurting at all, I'm going to bag the race and look to next month. 

Either way, I'm not going to run anymore for the next week.  If it feels good tomorrow, I'm going to let it fully heal heading into Thanksgiving and just have fun. 
Stretch and ice it!  (Not at the same time.)

Stretch and ice it!  (Not at the same time.)
Been doing that the last 2 weeks.....no plan on stopping  :)

I'm amazed how quickly it improved over the last few days.  That first week was bad with virtually no change.  Even last Friday, I was able to walk a lot more than usual but once it started it hurting, it wasn't good.  Now it feels great and has for the last few days but I know this is something that is still there.

I'm pretty sure the eccentric stretches and ice have made a huge difference.  If I can get through tomorrow pain-free I feel pretty confident I'll be good to go next week. 

Went for a run over lunch today.  Was humming along and feeling good....until I tripped on an uneven sidewalk and ate ####.  :( I'm fine...but I ripped a big hole in the palm of my good running gloves.  New $35 pair on the way from Amazon.

Naturally it happened right near an intersection, so a bunch of people saw it happen. :bag:   And yes, I did stop my Garmin.
:lmao:

on the plus side though, better to have hole in your gloves than your skin. 

Users who are viewing this thread