What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (2 Viewers)

Juxtatarot said:
Injury report:

@El Floppo Doubtful

@Brony Out?

@JShare87 Probable? 100% in?

@SFBayDuck, @BassNBrew:  Update?

Anyone else uncertain?
Ugh.  Afraid I’ve been added to the early injury report with a Questionable designation.  Without going into too much detail, I’ve had pretty bad GI issues after two runs in the past few weeks.  No big deal, I don’t think, as diet hadn’t been ideal and I figure that may have been the root cause.  But over the past 48 hours I’ve had constant left abdominal pain that has pretty much wiped me out.  Hoping its just something like I’m backed up 😬, but nothing I’ve done the past two days has really lessened the pain in any noticeable way.

I’m not backing out, and if this subsides I’m definitely going to give it a go.  But just a heads up...

Should we push the 10k back a week? With the potential storm issues and various injuries, maybe not a bad idea.

Should we push the 10k back a week? With the potential storm issues and various injuries, maybe not a bad idea.
Could go either way, moreso for the injuries factor than the storms. Would give a few days off to those with a slight injury nagging them to be able to participate.

Could go either way, moreso for the injuries factor than the storms. Would give a few days off to those with a slight injury nagging them to be able to participate.
I agree and was going to propose the same. We have enough people with stuff that I think it makes sense. This is meant to be competitive but also enjoyable and I'd rather see more people able to do their best. 

I do not support requiring everyone to move back as, honestly, everyone should already be planning and timing their last few weeks training in preparation.  If we want to allow a two weekend window, I don't care.

I do not support requiring everyone to move back as, honestly, everyone should already be planning and timing their last few weeks training in preparation.  If we want to allow a two weekend window, I don't care.
I want as many to be able to participate as possible but last time around watching all the results roll in over the course of just a few days was phenomenal! But I'm just going to go out and do the best I can and then wait for the official results declaring us the winner so whatever works for me.

Injuries, I get - but those complaining about storms are really going to complain about what's being forecasted 10 days from now.

Injuries, I get - but those complaining about storms are really going to complain about what's being forecasted 10 days from now.
Oh yeah, it's going to be in the mid 80's the following week.  I'd much rather run this week as planned as I'm healthy enough to run (even if fitness isn't quite there yet). 

I'm just bringing it up because of the injuries to enough of us participating that, hopefully, an extra week would improve. 

Oh yeah, it's going to be in the mid 80's the following week.  I'd much rather run this week as planned as I'm healthy enough to run (even if fitness isn't quite there yet). 

I'm just bringing it up because of the injuries to enough of us participating that, hopefully, an extra week would improve. 
Based on what our locals put up yesterday it may be hotter than that.

There is some chance I fly north for Memorial Day weekend, so if given the option, I'd probably roll the dice for that and race that weekend.

But either way the captains want, I'm good.  If I run this weekend, I'll find a window between storms and just do my best in the heat.  And then whine about it lots, after.

What to do think about a two weekend window?

Also @gruecd
My preference is to go as planned this weekend ...retain the energy and excitement of the incredible 5K weekend (which will be hard to top).  @Brony is the only for-sure "out" and that likely won't change in a week ( :( ).  Others that are questionable this weekend might be questionable next weekend as well.  I say go as planned.

What to do think about a two weekend window?

Also @gruecd
I don't see any harm in giving people the option to do it next weekend instead.  In addition to my severe labial inflammation, the metatarsal pain in my left foot has been a little worse the past few days.  So far it hasn't bothered me while I run, but it might get to the point where I need to take some time off to let it heal.

:goodposting:

And for the record, I didn't exactly complain about the storms, just that I will pick my running time to dodge them as much as possible. It's going to be 80's here next week. I'll take my chances on melting from water exposure over heat.

There is some chance I fly north for Memorial Day weekend, so if given the option, I'd probably roll the dice for that and race that weekend.

But either way the captains want, I'm good.  If I run this weekend, I'll find a window between storms and just do my best in the heat.  And then whine about it lots, after.
Memorial day is the 3rd weekend. It will almost be time for the mile by then, bucko!

It does stink that not everyone can participate, although with this many people that would probably be true at any given time. 

Maybe we should plan to do more of these going forward?  If the usual races get boring, you can add all sorts of variants - 800s, 8Ks, 5K of elevation runs (sorry jshare!), etc.

:goodposting:

And for the record, I didn't exactly complain about the storms, just that I will pick my running time to dodge them as much as possible. It's going to be 80's here next week. I'll take my chances on melting from water exposure over heat.
Not Friday. Your best suck index is Thursday morning and the rain percentages are relatively low. Both Saturday and Sunday morning's will offer opportunities, but it will be at least 10 suck notches higher and rain/storm %'s higher. 

Choose wisely.

Maybe we should plan to do more of these going forward?  If the usual races get boring, you can add all sorts of variants - 800s, 8Ks, 5K of elevation runs (sorry jshare!), etc.
Sure.  Marathon, 50K...

Anything shorter than maybe 13.1, count me out, and even then I'm only doing it in an actual race environment.  This time trial crap is for the birds...

It does stink that not everyone can participate, although with this many people that would probably be true at any given time. 

800k sounds brutal.

I'm actually doing a 600k challenge right now, "flora-bama" (distance from the running store to the Florida border). I consider it basically a fundraiser for the store. 

OK now that we're set for this weekend, here are my options:

• Thu:  One days rest (Wed), SI 140, Chance of Rain 10% (at race time), Mid-Run Poop Probability ("MRPP") 50%
  • Fri:  Two days rest (Wed/Thu), SI 144, Rain 11%, MRPP 50%
  • Sat:  Two days rest (Thu/Fri), SI 141, Rain 40%, MRPP 20% (no rush to get to work)
  • Sun:  Zero days rest, SI 136, Rain 40%, MRPP 20% 
I could potentially set things up so that Sunday would have two days of rest prior, but I'm not keen on that.  Saturday has been my LR day since I started this running thing.  Habits die hard.

Leaning toward Saturday.

With the potential second weekend option, and the chance of me being up north, I had a nice (slight) downhill route scoped-out and likely 5C/40F temps at race time.  :cry:

OK now that we're set for this weekend, here are my options:

• Thu:  One days rest (Wed), SI 140, Chance of Rain 10% (at race time), Mid-Run Poop Probability ("MRPP") 50%
  • Fri:  Two days rest (Wed/Thu), SI 144, Rain 11%, MRPP 50%
  • Sat:  Two days rest (Thu/Fri), SI 141, Rain 40%, MRPP 20% (no rush to get to work)
  • Sun:  Zero days rest, SI 136, Rain 40%, MRPP 20% 
I could potentially set things up so that Sunday would have two days of rest prior, but I'm not keen on that.  Saturday has been my LR day since I started this running thing.  Habits die hard.

Leaning toward Saturday.
Your body will benefit not long running for one week. 

Sunday.

Your body will benefit not long running for one week. 

Sunday.
My body will benefit, but my mind will kill me!

Based on the current forecast, the chance of storms/rain seems equal on Sat and Sun at my normal run times (and also the lowest suck indexes of the day).  It would be bad if I wrote Saturday off with the plan to run Sunday, and then Sun am storms pushed me into a no-choice midday effort.

So I'm going to take Thu/Fri off, and try to run Sat am.  If storms don't permit the Saturday race, I'll shift to Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread