What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random movie "aha" moment (1 Viewer)

I was watching some old Hill Street Blues reruns the other day and saw Lindsay Crouse, Christopher Noth and a barely recognizable Laurence Fishburne all  in one episode.
I started watching NYPD Blue from the start on Audience.  Just about every other epsidoe, the "skell" is a future somebody.  I've seen Anthony Anderson, Giancarlo Esposito, Sterling K Brown, the list goes on and on.

Watched Batman Begins with the kids last night. Batman goes into the Narrows and is trying to find Scarecrow's hide out. This dopey eyed kid comes out on the balcony and sees Batman looking in a window. He says something about him being real but his friends won't believe him and Batman hands him the night vision scope he was using. At the end, Rachel protects him from a mass of wacked out citizens. The kid looks sooooooo familiar so I hit IMDB. The actor that played the kid is none other than the same guy who played Joffrey Baratheon - Jack Gleeson.

In Overboard (Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn), Kurt's best friend is "Billy Bob".  The guy who played Billy Bob was later the janitor/maintenance dude in Friends.

Not a movie and figured it didn't deserve it's own thread, but just realized that the design at the bottom of the Little Caesar's guy's toga is "LC".   Very clever!

Was flipping through the channels the other night and flipped on Tomorrow Never dies. Bond flick with Pierce Brosnan. The main bad guy has a stealth boat that is pretty much invisible at night. Some radar guy on a British ship who is trying to locate the stealth boat is Simon Pegg, although it's not listed on his IMDB page. He had maybe 3 lines. 

Don't know it's been mentioned, but I realized this past week that Hector Salamanca is Ace Ventura's landlord.

I was convinced the guy in the movie Upgrade was Tom Hardy.  I always wondered why he did two movies (Upgrade and Venom) back to back with such similar plots.

Wasn't until I recently saw the movie and was sitting through the credits wondering why Tom Hardy's name didn't appear that I realized it's actually Logan Marshall-Green.

Pretty obscure but I was watching Animal Kingdom on TBS and I noticed one of the bank robbery crew in Smurfs flashbacks was one of the kids from The Fresh Beat Band

Was flipping through the channels the other night and flipped on Tomorrow Never dies. Bond flick with Pierce Brosnan. The main bad guy has a stealth boat that is pretty much invisible at night. Some radar guy on a British ship who is trying to locate the stealth boat is Simon Pegg, although it's not listed on his IMDB page. He had maybe 3 lines. 
I have been rewatching Band of Brothers recently and have picked up on Simon Pegg, James McAvoy, and Jimmy Fallon, that I didn't notice before. Through 5 episodes.

the guy who plays doctor strange also played sherlock that was pretty crazy take that to the bank brohans 
what really got me was that i did not know sherlock was a wizerd or had a infinity stone so that was pretty cool but i guess it makes sense now how smart he was and how he could play the violin being dr sherlock strange and all take that to the bank bromigos

what really got me was that i did not know sherlock was a wizerd ...
All that smack and blow had some serious side effects.

... or had a infinity stone so that was pretty cool
He was infinitely stoned. Yeah. Pretty cool.

Tho, his scooby snaks are a poor choice, imo.

... but i guess it makes sense now how smart he was and how he could play the violin being dr sherlock strange and all take that to the bank bromigos
Oh, it makes perfect sense. 

As my banker, your words move my money.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
If you’re watching “A City on a Hill” the main armored-car robbery guy (Jonathan Tucker) played one of the little kids in “Sleepers”.

Kevin Bacon plays an FBI agent in City on a Hill. He also played a sadistic, child molesting prison guard in Sleepers.

I wonder what that reunion was like? “Hey, Mr. Bacon...remember that movie we did together like 20 years ago where you raped me?”

I was just watching Charlie Chaplin's "The Kid" on TCM.  In a Wikipedia hole, I just learned that the child actor who played the "kid" (Jackie Coogan) later in life was Uncle Fester on The Addams Family.

Saw Godfather Part 2 on TV the other day. In all the times I've seen it, I had never noticed that Harry Dean Stanton plays one of the guys protecting the witness, Frankie Pentangeli, before he is scheduled to tesify against Michael.

Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg and Jennifer Aniston was on TV the other day and I almost didn't recognize Dominic West, McNulty from The Wire, as the lead guitarist for Steel Dragon. Timothy Olyphant, Sheriff Seth Bullock from Deadwood, was in the rival band Blood Pollution. 

I have been rewatching Band of Brothers recently and have picked up on Simon Pegg, James McAvoy, and Jimmy Fallon, that I didn't notice before. Through 5 episodes.
You could spend an entire day talking about all the guys that were in BoB. Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy are two other lessor knowns at the time.

Fallon’s appearance was pretty well known and derided. Back then he was just the wise cracking dude on SNL who ruined all the sketches by cracking up all the time. There was a thread on here way back when and I recall a lot of people thought it was pretty jarring seeing him show up in BoB as a cameo. Almost as bad as having Ross from Friends as the Lt in the 1st episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
it ends up that forest gump is the guy who was stuck on that island that guy did everything unreal take that to the bank brohans 

You could spend an entire day talking about all the guys that were in BoB. Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy are two other lessor knowns at the time.

Fallon’s appearance was pretty well known and derided. Back then he was just the wise cracking dude on SNL who ruined all the sketches by cracking up all the time. There was a thread on here way back when and I recall a lot of people thought it was pretty jarring seeing him show up in BoB as a cameo. Almost as bad as having Ross from Friends as the Lt in the 1st episode.
I thought Schwimmer was perfectly cast as Sobel.

Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg and Jennifer Aniston was on TV the other day and I almost didn't recognize Dominic West, McNulty from The Wire, as the lead guitarist for Steel Dragon. Timothy Olyphant, Sheriff Seth Bullock from Deadwood, was in the rival band Blood Pollution. 
You are mixing things up here.   Olyphant and Walhberg were in the same band together.  They were a Steel Dragon tribute band.   They kicked Walhberg out, similarly to how McNulty kicked out the lead of Steel Dragon.  Olyphant wasn't in a "rival band".   Walhberg and Olyphant reunite near the end of the film.    -fin

You are mixing things up here.   Olyphant and Walhberg were in the same band together.  They were a Steel Dragon tribute band.   They kicked Walhberg out, similarly to how McNulty kicked out the lead of Steel Dragon.  Olyphant wasn't in a "rival band".   Walhberg and Olyphant reunite near the end of the film.    -fin
Busted. When I turned on the TV the movie was at the point when Wahlberg was auditioning for Steel Dragon and Aniston and West were in the recording studio booth. I saw Olyphant later and didn't pay attention to or remember the plot from my previous viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread