What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Aaron Jones, MIN (3 Viewers)

This guy is awesome. Should be an easy 18-20 touch guy soon I'd have to think.

Hits the hole hard, great burst maybe not breakaway speed but he's not slow. Seems like he's built to last, not afraid of contact. And to top it off with a guy like Rodgers...he can catch.

Count me as one who thought McCarthy was too wedded to a RBBC for Jones to bust out.  I'm feeling very wrong. 

The kicker is I drafted Jones, then dropped him for Alf Morris before week 1, when the McKinnon news hit.  Whoops!

When I play Jones I get no love and when I don't he goes off.   I've been playing this dance with him every week since week 6.    I will likely start him again next week so be prepared for a 7 carry game.

When I play Jones I get no love and when I don't he goes off.   I've been playing this dance with him every week since week 6.    I will likely start him again next week so be prepared for a 7 carry game.
After this last game I have little concerns with the pecking order anymore. His problem may end up being game script dependent since he hasn’t had a robust game catching the football. I think he is capable but I’m not sure how often Rodgers goes to RB’s anyway.

After this last game I have little concerns with the pecking order anymore. His problem may end up being game script dependent since he hasn’t had a robust game catching the football. I think he is capable but I’m not sure how often Rodgers goes to RB’s anyway.
I dunno, he was in on the 2-minute drill at thee end of the second quarter.  He also got the first and second drive to himself.... that is huge.  He is the guy it seems.

Jamaal only got 3 carries, and zero targets.  I think the torch is officially all his.

Hey OP, dont call it a comeback, ive been here for years. 

(I had to double check, was pretty sure i was the first response.)

Still waiting for Jones to stiff arm someone into the shadowrealm, but its coming.
No, I mean it's late to say it's the beginning! I can't wait for one of his stiff arms. 

I do worry about game script being an issue... more because McCarthy seems to abandon the run completely at the first sign of a close game. And if McCarthy is gone next year (hopefully), it'll be a transition from one HC to another, depending on who he is. That could affect Jones' value one way or another. What's clear is that Jones is the top of the depth chart and belongs there. GB should consider bringing in a decent backup through FA or the draft to fill out the roster.

I dunno, he was in on the 2-minute drill at thee end of the second quarter.  He also got the first and second drive to himself.... that is huge.  He is the guy it seems.

Jamaal only got 3 carries, and zero targets.  I think the torch is officially all his.
Don’t get confused... I think he is the bell cow, three down guy. I just worry about his use in the pass game. Rodgers doesn’t seem to outlet to the RB much.

Don’t get confused... I think he is the bell cow, three down guy. I just worry about his use in the pass game. Rodgers doesn’t seem to outlet to the RB much.
True, but they did dial up at least 2-3 screens for him during the game, he dropped the first one.  

Either way, definite coming out party.  Starting with confidence against Seattle next week.

Aaron again vouching for Aaron:

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1062398274794147840

If this kid starts getting 20 touches per game he could be a season winner.
Agreed, and think it is going to happen. Chance that Rogers felt better (physically) after Sunday's game than he has in quite a while. Maybe even the coaching staff had to admit that calling the game was much easier with a dominant running game.

Maybe Andy Reid should pay attention ?

Absolute STUD.  I don’t know why I keep hearing the “experts” diss this kids talent.  Chris Harris says he’s an “ok rb.  Pretty good.  Not great.”   And I’ve heard this same bs from a bunch of others.  What more does the kid have to do to show he belongs in the conversation for one of the best backs in the league.  He makes something extraordinary happen on literally almost every touch.  Now he’s proving he can catch the ball and pass block.  Best YPC in the league. Great speed.  Great agility.   Special.  Stay healthy, kid!  We are looking at a league winner.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolute STUD.  I don’t know why I keep hearing the “experts” diss this kids talent.  Chris Harris says he’s an “ok rb.  Pretty good.  Not great.”   And I’ve heard this same bs from a bunch of others.  What more does the kid have to do to show he belongs in the conversation for one of the best backs in the league.  He makes someone extraordinary happen on literally almost every touch.  Now he’s proving he can catch the ball and pass block.  Best YPC in the league. Great speed.  Great agility.   Special.  Stay healthy, kid!  We are looking at a league winner.  
But... but... but... you cant possibly know more than Matt Waldman

Top 10 RB moving forward? behind:

Gurley, Zeke, Kamara, Gordon, Hunt, mccafery, Connor, Saquon..... maybe DJ too?

Packers let that one slip through their fingers tonight.

Jones really expanding his game into a full 3-down back tonight... couple of those sacks were a heartbeat away from a couple more outlet passes to Jones as well.

Packers let that one slip through their fingers tonight.

Jones really expanding his game into a full 3-down back tonight... couple of those sacks were a heartbeat away from a couple more outlet passes to Jones as well.
It seems like they ran the ball a total of 2 to 3 times in the second half, not sure why they didn’t go to Jones more

Got an offer after tonight's game.  Kenyan Drake and a 3rd for my Aaron Jones, literally 10 minutes ago.

I honestly hate dynasty leagues sometimes with the absurd offers that come my way.  Before tonight's game, I was offered AP for him.  

Got an offer after tonight's game.  Kenyan Drake and a 3rd for my Aaron Jones, literally 10 minutes ago.

I honestly hate dynasty leagues sometimes with the absurd offers that come my way.  Before tonight's game, I was offered AP for him.  
I bought Jones for my 2.4 pick this past off-season. The dude who sold him to me has been trying to buy him back for one of his 3 2019 1st round picks for a few weeks.

After last week's big game, I traded him back to that owner for his 2019 1st rounder from the currently-last-place team in the league.

(I have an embarrassment of riches at RB in this league, so I was game to trade away some RB depth for a top pick).

Thanks for amazing return on investment, A-Aron!

Traded Marlon Mack for the entire 3 headed GB backfield midway last season after it seemed early on Mack was gonna be one of those constant Injury Report guys.

Regretted it until last week. After tonight I'm feeling pretty damn good. And no headaches of having to check the injury report every day.

Aaron Jones rushed 11 times for 40 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' Week 11 loss to the Seahawks, adding five receptions for 63 yards and an additional score.

Jones was running completely wild in the first half, at one point taking over a drive with receptions of 15, 22 and 24 yards, the third of which went for a score. Jones made an excellent 1-on-1 catch on a corner route in the end zone. His rushing touchdown was an eight-yarder on a toss play on the Pack's opening drive. The second-year pro now has four scores over his past two games and has rendered Jamaal Williams a distant memory. Jones is going to be in the RB1 mix from here on out. The Pack get the Vikings in Week 12.

I bought Jones for my 2.4 pick this past off-season. The dude who sold him to me has been trying to buy him back for one of his 3 2019 1st round picks for a few weeks.

After last week's big game, I traded him back to that owner for his 2019 1st rounder from the currently-last-place team in the league.

(I have an embarrassment of riches at RB in this league, so I was game to trade away some RB depth for a top pick).

Thanks for amazing return on investment, A-Aron!
I dont think I would have done that trade. I own several 1sts, the first 3 at least right now, and I would gladly give any for Jones. 

He is very likely in the top 10 discussion next season. You must have other RBs of lesser potential you could have traded. 

And even so, a top 10 RB should cost much more than 1 high first rounder. According to FBGs chart Fournette (ranked 10) is worth a high and mid/low first rounder. I see Jones as better than Fournette if this usage continues 

He looked awesome last night, especially during that one drive.  But let's splash a little cold water.

- on the first drive, he had two carries for 16 yards.  He ended up with 11 rushes for 40 yards.

- on his other first half drive he had 3 catches for 61 yards.  He ended up with 5 catches for 63. 

- everyone remembers how good he looked at the start of the game 

- maybe McCarthy didn't go away from him so much as the seahawks adjusted

- the packers play the vikings next week and they have been tough against running backs. 

- Jones' 360 total yards and 4 touchdowns looks studly. Weeks 12-14 last year Jamaal Williams had 376 and 5 touchdowns.  (You can do the same for 4 games,  5 games,  etc and it works about the same, although jones could certainly go on a huge tear the rest of the way) 

I'm not saying he's not good. He looked awesome especially on that one drive. I'm not suggesting trading him.  It's already past the trade deadline in most leagues i'm in always.  I'm just saying this talk of him being a top 10 dynasty rb might be a little premature.  

I'm not saying he's not good. He looked awesome especially on that one drive. I'm not suggesting trading him.  It's already past the trade deadline in most leagues i'm in always.  I'm just saying this talk of him being a top 10 dynasty rb might be a little premature.  
I agree he looked good and also agree with that last sentence - it's far from a guarantee the Packers don't bring in another RB next offseason. The odds seem to favor them giving Jones a shot next year also but it's not like most RBs couldn't look good in that offense over a short period, and they could see some one in free agency or the draft they like better.

I'm sure this will upset Jones' owners, but I'm just trying to add some perspective - I don't see how he can be called a top 10 dynasty RB yet. If you could get that value right now I'd consider selling.

I agree he looked good and also agree with that last sentence - it's far from a guarantee the Packers don't bring in another RB next offseason. The odds seem to favor them giving Jones a shot next year also but it's not like most RBs couldn't look good in that offense over a short period, and they could see some one in free agency or the draft they like better.

I'm sure this will upset Jones' owners, but I'm just trying to add some perspective - I don't see how he can be called a top 10 dynasty RB yet. If you could get that value right now I'd consider selling.
That could apply to 90% of the RBs in the NFL.

- maybe McCarthy didn't go away from him so much as the seahawks adjusted

- the packers play the vikings next week and they have been tough against running backs. 
GB had a golden opportunity to start the second half. I'd like to see the playcalling again but I remember saying to myself, "why aren't they running the ball?"

It's like McCarthy still doesn't know what he has. If GB had focused more on the run and got Jones going I think they would have had a better shot in this game. A ton of three and outs in the 2nd half. And something is definitely up with A. Rodgers and the passing game. It's either D. Adams or bust.

Why not run more or call screens (that worked like a charm in the first half)?

Next week, MNs D + McCarthy's idiotic playcalling don't make for a good combo. Will be hard for me to start Jones with Mack (vs MIA) or Chubb (@CINC).

That could apply to 90% of the RBs in the NFL.
I wouldn't say that. There are many RBs more established or who had a higher cost to their team.

I'm not trying to say Jones isn't good or make some grand arguments - I just agreed with Fred that perhaps the breaks should be pumped a little. I see no way anyone should spend a top 10 price tag yet. In a start up that could be a disaster.

With that said - he looks really good and is in a great situation so I'm not suggesting just giving him away either.

GB had a golden opportunity to start the second half. I'd like to see the playcalling again but I remember saying to myself, "why aren't they running the ball?"

It's like McCarthy still doesn't know what he has. If GB had focused more on the run and got Jones going I think they would have had a better shot in this game. A ton of three and outs in the 2nd half. And something is definitely up with A. Rodgers and the passing game. It's either D. Adams or bust.

Why not run more or call screens (that worked like a charm in the first half)?

Next week, MNs D + McCarthy's idiotic playcalling don't make for a good combo. Will be hard for me to start Jones with Mack (vs MIA) or Chubb (@CINC).
I'd say it's more the opposite -- McCarthy knows what he has is a generational QB.

Users who are viewing this thread