What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Carson Steele, KC (1 Viewer)

Jacob Gibbs
Kansas City Chiefs rookie RB Carson Steele has avoided six tackles on seven rushes and created 35 of his 37 rushing yards after contact this preseason, per @TruMediaSports.

BEAST

In all honesty, Edwards-Helaire is dealing with some mental health stuff right now. I could see him starting the season on the PUP list. Which makes Prince and Steele your two back up options.

Both guys have to be able to block on this team. Don't know which one is better at this point. But Steele is a guy to keep an eye on. From all appearances he's not afraid to get dirty out there.

Last edited:
I didn't expect him to be a long haired red head white surfer looking dude from California. 6'0" 228, 21 years old. Pretty good college production. 2 years ago he went bonkers at Ball State before transferring to UCLA. 37.5 inch vert, 28 reps on the bench too. This guy is STRONG. The 4.77 40 is rough though. Kind of profiles like a FB. Interesting guy though.

I didn't expect him to be a long haired red head white surfer looking dude from California. 6'0" 228, 21 years old. Pretty good college production. 2 years ago he went bonkers at Ball State before transferring to UCLA. 37.5 inch vert, 28 reps on the bench too. This guy is STRONG. The 4.77 40 is rough though. Kind of profiles like a FB. Interesting guy though.
Running 4.77 without pads is not ideal, but if runs 4.77 WITH PADS also, that is more telling.
Any idea his game speed? I don't know / have not seen tape to measure.
But I agree, he is a name to keep on speed dial Waiver pickup!

His speed looked adequate at the college level and he doesn't look like a 4.77 40. He was finding the edge and not being beaten to it. Solid power. His vision and patience are very good, which fits well with Reid's zone scheme.

Bruce Feldman: Carson Steele blew UCLA away with lower body strength in weight room

Excerpt:

UCLA running back Carson Steele has made quite the impression since arriving this offseason as a transfer from Ball State. Standing 6-foot-1 and 233-pounds, Steele has shown his strength early on in the weight room, standing out among his teammates.

The Athletic‘s Bruce Feldman recently ranked Steele at No. 21 on his “College football Freaks List” ahead of the 2023 season. Joining On3‘s Andy Staples, he revealed what it is about the running back that earned him that spot.

“He’s not the biggest back in the running back room,” Feldman told Staples. “They have two other guys who are actually bigger. But he is super strong. A 450-pound bench guy. Squats almost 700 pounds. He’s explosive. Vertical jumps 35 inches, hits 21 on the GPS and there’s some great stories about him when he first transferred there. He was blowing people away in the weight room with what he could do and just how physically strong especially his lower body is.

When I was researching this guy I had forgotten that Pacheco was drafted in the 7th round, so KC isn't tied to "draft capital" at this position.

I'm kinda in - he's taken over my Dylan Laube 'last guy for a buck' slot.

Edit: Couldn't bring myself to delete Laube. Well dang, now I have two last guys for a buck slots!

When I was researching this guy I had forgotten that Pacheco was drafted in the 7th round, so KC isn't tied to "draft capital" at this position.

wouldn't draft capital only be relevant when the player is bad and they team feels the need to keep trying to justify?

Pacheco ... i mean, at this point 385 carries for 1765 yards over first two seasons at 4.58 yds/carry, just seems like his past (draft capital and college career) is irrelevant as any nfl team would love to have him, yeah?

Good Morning Football
“The @chiefs have done it again. RB Carson Steele — undrafted— is going to make this team and he’s going to have a real role. No team finds players like this and on Day 3 of the Draft— year after year—like KC.”
-@pschrags

wouldn't draft capital only be relevant when the player is bad and they team feels the need to keep trying to justify?

Pacheco ... i mean, at this point 385 carries for 1765 yards over first two seasons at 4.58 yds/carry, just seems like his past (draft capital and college career) is irrelevant as any nfl team would love to have him, yeah?
Meant it more for Steele than Pacheco. KC doesn't hesitate to put the best player in the role, regardless of where they were drafted.

I don't see Steele supplanting Pacheco, I see him grabbing that sweet sweet Jerick McKinnon role.

So is this guy a FB? That's how he's listed. FB's aren't generally used much in the NFL these days.
Based on the way they are using him, it doesn't look like he'll become Kyle Juszczyk.
But an interesting question is, if he has only run with third- or maybe second-stringers (I say "if" because I don't actually know if he has done anything with first-stringers or not), may his usage just be because "well, even though we intend to use you like a FB, this is the part where we run all our lowest RB's, and that you are, so FB or not, here's the ball"?

This guy is better than CEH already

where would y'all slot Steele in for dynasty? Is his potential better than Prince?
I was burned by the Prince hype last season. I watched last night and Steele looked a lot better than him. I think Steele is a good pickup in part because CEH has looked slow for a couple seasons now. I'm honestly a little surprised he keeps making the team.

So is this guy a FB? That's how he's listed. FB's aren't generally used much in the NFL these days.
Based on the way they are using him, it doesn't look like he'll become Kyle Juszczyk.
But an interesting question is, if he has only run with third- or maybe second-stringers (I say "if" because I don't actually know if he has done anything with first-stringers or not), may his usage just be because "well, even though we intend to use you like a FB, this is the part where we run all our lowest RB's, and that you are, so FB or not, here's the ball"?
I just saw Velus Jones rush for 111 yards so the whole world is Koo-Koo Bananas right now.

I just saw Velus Jones rush for 111 yards so the whole world is Koo-Koo Bananas right now.
Wow haha I did not realize that!! 13 carries? What the heck.

where would y'all slot Steele in for dynasty? Is his potential better than Prince?
I was burned by the Prince hype last season. I watched last night and Steele looked a lot better than him. I think Steele is a good pickup in part because CEH has looked slow for a couple seasons now. I'm honestly a little surprised he keeps making the team.
thanks!

so, your opinion is:

1. Pacheco
  2. Steele
  3. Prince
  4. CEH
?

I ask, because I have all four on my roster and need to drop one :lol:

thanks!

so, your opinion is:

1. Pacheco
  2. Steele
  3. Prince
  4. CEH
?

CEH has been droppable.

thanks!

so, your opinion is:

1. Pacheco
  2. Steele
  3. Prince
  4. CEH
?

that would be my order. KC resigned CEH to be their #2 RB, so maybe they see more in him than I do.

CEH was unstartable on a top tier offense that needed playmakers.

Meant it more for Steele than Pacheco. KC doesn't hesitate to put the best player in the role, regardless of where they were drafted.

I don't see Steele supplanting Pacheco, I see him grabbing that sweet sweet Jerick McKinnon role.
no. he runs very well with power, but he has nowhere near the burst that Pacheco has.

I also question whether he can catch passes. but for what he is, hes very good at what he does.

no. he runs very well with power, but he has nowhere near the burst that Pacheco has.

I also question whether he can catch passes. but for what he is, hes very good at what he does.
Sounds like the Jordan Mason of SF

Jacob Gibbs
Every Carson Steele preseason rush attempt

- 11 carries
- 11 avoided tackles
- 87 rushing yards
- 81 of those yards created AFTER initial contact

Check out the new undrafted Kansas City Chiefs rookie RB:
Oof ... awful.

What's that? I'm being told in my earpiece those are hyphens functioning as bullets, not negative signs ... Not bad then!

@32BeatWriters
.@pgsween of @ArrowheadPride’s take on the KC RB room:

“Isiah Pacheco is the clear No. 1 — and after working on his pass-catching skills this offseason, it’s realistic to think he could stay on the field for all three downs. That being said, UDFA Carson Steele has flashed to the point that he’s become the ‘secret’ everybody knows about, and who I believe will become the go-to for short yardage and touchdowns at the goal line.”

Follow Pete for more Chiefs news and insight!

Deneric Prince is much more likely to be the primary guy unless CEH has some level of veteran trust from the coaches that he totally shouldn't.

Deneric Prince is much more likely to be the primary guy unless CEH has some level of veteran trust from the coaches that he totally shouldn't.
Not trying to be snarky, but what do you base that on? Steele is the talk of their camp and it seems the team loves him. I'd say Prince is more likely to be 4th on the depth chart than 2nd...IMO.

Not trying to be snarky, but what do you base that on? Steele is the talk of their camp and it seems the team loves him. I'd say Prince is more likely to be 4th on the depth chart than 2nd...IMO.
And not trying to be snarky here either but why do you presume 4th for Prince?

And not trying to be snarky here either but why do you presume 4th for Prince?
I would assume it would go to CEH before Prince. CEH has the higher draft capitol and in limited/small spurts, has shown more than Prince thus far in their careers. That could flip of course, and if CEH is having mental health issues yeah he may fall to 4th on the roster.

Jacob Gibbs
No player created more yards after initial contact than Carson Steele across the 2021-23 seasons.

(Data per @TruMediaSports)

I've looked at this collegiate rushing data a million times this offseason. Never noticed Steele's name til now.

Sometimes the answer is hidden right under our nose:

Ya’ll just convinced me to pick up The Man of Steele with my final bench slot in my main redraft league. No where else is this guy getting promoted in the world of fantasy. This is why I will always appreciate these forums.

I can never resist a Tim Riggins style player.

I had to pick him up! It was a clear sign for my roster!! Why you ask?
My oldest son’s name is Steele
My 2nd son’s name is Carson
Note: 3rd son is Luke

How could I not get him!?!

Brother, I just looked up Carson Steele's middle name, and I don't even know how to say this but all I can say is, you're not gonna believe this, my friend.

Couldn't find it 🤷‍♂️

Brother, I just looked up Carson Steele's middle name, and I don't even know how to say this but all I can say is, you're not gonna believe this, my friend.

Couldn't find it 🤷‍♂️
That was classic!! TY
I did find he owns a pet alligator!!!

Middle Name = Joseph
(My brother’s name)

Users who are viewing this thread