What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (1 Viewer)

Revisiting - how many touches does Swift get this week? Five last week. Eight to ten he's flex material. Thirteen + he's at least RB #2.

Revisiting - how many touches does Swift get this week? Five last week. Eight to ten he's flex material. Thirteen + he's at least RB #2.
My O/U: 11.5 opportunities, meaning rushes plus targets.
I am guessing over. I bet it’s 13 and possibly a couple more. He has to be healthier and ready for more.
15 sounds about right, but maybe that's wishful thinking on our part, and game flow will undoubtedly dictate.

Of course, that's also assuming he can even make it to 10 touches without getting hurt yet again.

I am guessing over. I bet it’s 13 and possibly a couple more. He has to be healthier and ready for more.
Getting a little more bullish on Swift. Perhaps he's getting more hungry for touches and hopefully the endzone scampers.

It's Jeff Wilson, Jr. or D Swift for me in the Flex.

#5 overall pick went Kupp, Chubb, Swift. Now Swift cannot even crack my lineups. And I'm a 60+ years Lions fan lol.

Learn to not take these easily injured players. Cannot even trade him. Perhaps he'll keep trending up so Campbell will get him more and he'll be able to be started again. Yeesh!
Just moved him for Aiyuk and G Everett.
Was just offered Najee Harris and a third for him.
I'd love to be offered that. Can't give him away now. Knew I should've traded him a few weeks ago

#5 overall pick went Kupp, Chubb, Swift. Now Swift cannot even crack my lineups. And I'm a 60+ years Lions fan lol.

Learn to not take these easily injured players. Cannot even trade him. Perhaps he'll keep trending up so Campbell will get him more and he'll be able to be started again. Yeesh!
I'd love to be offered that. Can't give him away now. Knew I should've traded him a few weeks ago
Call me crazy, but neither of those trades/offers is even close for me to deal Swift (dynasty).

Call me crazy, but neither of those trades/offers is even close for me to deal Swift (dynasty).
redraft

15 sounds about right, but maybe that's wishful thinking on our part, and game flow will undoubtedly dictate.

Of course, that's also assuming he can even make it to 10 touches without getting hurt yet again.
I don’t have Swift but have and must start J Williams this week. I hope not to need to start Williams moving forward since Swift is going to take over the backfield beginning this week. He has to be healthy now.

I have Swift or Jamaal Williams. Wish it was clearer how much work Swift will get. Think I have to go Jamaal but longing for the day Swift gets more work since he is so electric when healthy

I have Swift or Jamaal Williams. Wish it was clearer how much work Swift will get. Think I have to go Jamaal but longing for the day Swift gets more work since he is so electric when healthy
If I had both I'd probably be going Jamaal. I have only Swift and will be starting him over essentially no other options.

I don’t think Campbell and Co. will ever give Swift a sizable workload, and as we’ve said before, who can blame him/them? Maybe with the season lost for the team they would try to see if he can hold up and thus gauge their Rb plans for next year. But I kind of doubt it.

I have both as well. I think I am rolling with Swift for more upside but understand the floor is lower.

Swift complaining about playing time doesn’t seem to sit too well with Duce Staley:

It's such an odd situation. When they give Swift the ball, he produces. Swift seems to be indicating that he wants to be used more. So why does Duce imply that Swift is lacking energy on the field. Doesn't it sound like they both want Swift to be involved more? What am I missing?
Hmmm... read into it how one wants, but I'm sensing Duce is calling out Swift a lil bit. He wants him to have that fire in his belly vs going through the motions. Perhaps his injury tag influenced Duce as well, Idk. Perhaps it's up to Swift to come out and play inspired football. There's no injury tag now. Healthy. Play ball! And not just make a play and trot off the field. Stay in the lineup for the entire drive. This in and out crap sucks lol!

Edit: Still undecided to start Swift in the Flex or Jeff Wilson, Jr. or A Gibson

What is the going rate for him in dynasty, considering he can’t stay healthy? Ive never been in a dynasty league, so I’m curious about his value.

What is the going rate for him in dynasty, considering he can’t stay healthy? Ive never been in a dynasty league, so I’m curious about his value.
I couldn't tell you the going rate, as I'm only in one league, and I own him. But on KTC, he's ranked just below Ekeler, and just above Metcalf, and approximately halfway between an early first and a mid first in 2023. If I were in rebuild mode I might sell for an early first at this point.

I couldn't tell you the going rate, as I'm only in one league, and I own him. But on KTC, he's ranked just below Ekeler, and just above Metcalf, and approximately halfway between an early first and a mid first in 2023. If I were in rebuild mode I might sell for an early first at this point.
What makes it hard for his owners is Williams is a capable replacement and today is the type of game where Williams may be more effective running. I like Swift, just can’t stay healthy.

Is this just standard awful coaching by the Lions, or is there something else here? He has 3 touches. Less than Justin Jackson. He's basically unplayable if this coaching malpractice continues.

Is this just standard awful coaching by the Lions, or is there something else here? He has 3 touches. Less than Justin Jackson. He's basically unplayable if this coaching malpractice continues.
5 touches plus an uncaught target. But still. Pretty bad.

I don't know what the heck they want from him.

Coach: He needs to play through pain and be tougher.
Swift: Give me the ball. I produce when you give me the ball. Give me the freaking ball.
Coach: No. I don't believe you actually want me to give you the ball. Play through the pain, softy.

(RotoWire) Swift carried the ball six times for six yards and a touchdown and caught one of three targets for six yards in Sunday's 31-30 win over the Bears. Analysis: For the third straight game, Swift failed to top 10 rushing yards, but he salvaged his day from a fantasy perspective with a nine-yard TD run early in the fourth quarter -- his first score on the ground since Week 1. His poor recent performances suggest he's still playing through some sort of injury, making Swift a risky option in Week 11 against the Giants.

Start him today with confidence,in fact start both him and Williams. He's speaking up about usage,Coaches oblige today.
Agreed. I think he has the majority of touches today.
I thought exactly the same way, but after today’s usage, I won’t start Swift again until after he has a decent game with plenty of touches. It’s a 3 headed monster now with Swift being 3rd in the pecking order.

Start him today with confidence,in fact start both him and Williams. He's speaking up about usage,Coaches oblige today.
Agreed. I think he has the majority of touches today.
I thought exactly the same way, but after today’s usage, I won’t start Swift again until after he has a decent game with plenty of touches. It’s a 3 headed monster now with Swift being 3rd in the pecking order.
I was wrong. That isn’t anything new. I have no idea what is happening in Detroit.

Users who are viewing this thread