What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (4 Viewers)

I tried trading for Swift and got shot down as he was a top 5 back (potentially). I said he can't stay healthy and offered Williams for a 3rd. Again shot down no confidence in Williams. Traded Williams, Tonyan & Golladay for C. Kirk, whew that was a close one. Both me & Williams owner ended up very happy. Definition of a good trade. Point being some players just can't hold up physically, either trade them or get insurance. Most aren't Fred!

Swift 24 snaps (34%), 13 opportunities (54%).

Williams 30 snaps (40%), 18 opportunities (60%)

J.Jackson 18 snaps (25%), 6 opportunities (33%)

What happened to Hard Knocks fan favorite Craig Reynolds? I thought he had a shot at the #3 RB job.

I’ve already written him off for this year. The big question is what kind of value he’ll have next year. Heading into this season, he was typically ranked well within the top 5 RBs - undoubtedly we’ll see a big drop off this offseason.

Agreed on ROS. Even if something happened to Jamaal Williams, I'm thinking that Jackson would likely slide into that role and Swift's usage (or lack thereof) would continue as we see now. I don't see how a RB with Swift's ability could develop a feel for the game and be reliably productive in spot duty. He needs to get 15-20 touches/game to be back in the RB1/2 conversation.

Okay, any Swift takers or is he just done, or somewhere in between?

Yes, D Swift has been extremely disappointing and frustrating to own and then to just sit.

Well, the Lions are 4-7 and still in the playoff hunt. Will this change anything going forward with a healthier Swift?
J Williams seems firmly entrenched with goal line carries.

You say there's a chance?
Dumb and dumber or Shark call

Yes, D Swift has been extremely disappointing and frustrating to own and then to just sit.

Well, the Lions are 4-7 and still in the playoff hunt. Will this change anything going forward with a healthier Swift?

Dynasty owner, and I'm clinging for sure. May be wrong call but I wouldn't sell for anywhere close to market price right now.

Redraft and I'm still gonna hold him. KILLS me someone picked up J. Williams for practically nothing and is crushing it -- offense is too potent to drop and if Jamal gets hurt ????----- and it would kill me more if I dropped and he then delivers.

Think you just have to hold and hope for the best. His career arc is sure looking like a timeshare back though.

If he can stay on the field, I don't think that is a bad thing because he is good in the passing game (and bell cow backs are becoming tougher and tougher to find)...he has the ability to be Kamara lite but right now he needs this season to end and start over.

Think you just have to hold and hope for the best. His career arc is sure looking like a timeshare back though.
I'm beginning to think that as well. But, what baffles me is he is so explosive, jukes, and can get you a big play and to the house. What is not to like here? He needs 13-15 touches to keep fresh and flowing. Feed him some goal line carries. For crying out loud lol.

I'm beginning to think that as well. But, what baffles me is he is so explosive, jukes, and can get you a big play and to the house. What is not to like here? He needs 13-15 touches to keep fresh and flowing. Feed him some goal line carries. For crying out loud lol.
Availability is at or near the top of RB attributes. And given his lack of being available, I don't see Swift getting a lot of short yardage looks where the playing area is obviously much tighter.

Last edited:
Availability is at or near the top of RB attributes. And given his lack of being available, I don't see Swift getting a lot of short yardage looks where the playing pace is obviously much tighter.
He's played 34 games out of 44 possible so far in his career. That's not great, but that seems pretty available. Unless the lack of usage in-game is out of fear that he will be injured again and miss more time, in which case -- if the fear is justified and an injury truly is likely -- that could be fairly called being unavailable.

Availability is at or near the top of RB attributes. And given his lack of being available, I don't see Swift getting a lot of short yardage looks where the playing pace is obviously much tighter.
He's played 34 games out of 44 possible so far in his career. That's not great, but that seems pretty available. Unless the lack of usage in-game is out of fear that he will be injured again and miss more time, in which case -- if the fear is justified and an injury truly is likely -- that could be fairly called being unavailable.
Fair enough, but that 34 games could be a bit skewed. As a rookie, he played sparingly for some time, and when he assumed a bigger role he left a few games early (last Thanksgiving for example) and has been in and out of the lineups at times. Your point about now getting limited time for the fear of injury seems pretty valid.

I wouldn't hold out hope for goal line carries when they have such an effective hammer in Williams? Inside the 5 Williams has 23 attempts, 11 first downs and 10 TDs.

The good news is if you expand it to inside the 10 yard line (not the 5) Swift has 7 rush & 2 targets with 4 total TDs. 9 opportunities from between 5-10 yards from the goal is a 50:50 split with Jamaal.

FTR I have simply been playing both Williams and Swift in my RB1 & RB2 slots for a lot of this season. Capturing the majority of the Lions rushing game has a lot of value in magic football.

FTR I have simply been playing both Williams and Swift in my RB1 & RB2 slots for a lot of this season. Capturing the majority of the Lions rushing game has a lot of value in magic football.
Who have you been largely playing Swift over?

I wouldn't hold out hope for goal line carries when they have such an effective hammer in Williams? Inside the 5 Williams has 23 attempts, 11 first downs and 10 TDs.

The good news is if you expand it to inside the 10 yard line (not the 5) Swift has 7 rush & 2 targets with 4 total TDs. 9 opportunities from between 5-10 yards from the goal is a 50:50 split with Jamaal.
Yes, it seems like that 5-10 yard line is his sweet spot. In addition to those 4 tds there has been at least 2-3 more times he got stopped at the one.

Yes, it seems like that 5-10 yard line is his sweet spot. In addition to those 4 tds there has been at least 2-3 more times he got stopped at the one.
That's exactly the reason the Lions could go with him inside the 5 more often. Not expecting it. Decoy. Then bang he scores. LOL

D'Andre Swift was not on the Lions' injury report Wednesday.​

Swift has made an appearance on Detroit's injury report in every week outside of the opening trio of practices for the 2022 season. It's possible he is finally past the ankle and shoulder injuries that have plagued him throughout the year. Jamaal Williams is entrenched as the Lions' top back between the tackles, but a healthy Swift could finally push for a stronger share of the touches. He will rank as an RB3 for Week 13 versus the Jags.
Nov 30, 2022, 4:07 PM ET

D'Andre Swift was not on the Lions' injury report Wednesday.​

Swift has made an appearance on Detroit's injury report in every week outside of the opening trio of practices for the 2022 season. It's possible he is finally past the ankle and shoulder injuries that have plagued him throughout the year. Jamaal Williams is entrenched as the Lions' top back between the tackles, but a healthy Swift could finally push for a stronger share of the touches. He will rank as an RB3 for Week 13 versus the Jags.
Nov 30, 2022, 4:07 PM ET
So you say there's a chance...

Who have you been largely playing Swift over?
@zamboni @BoltNlava
Bad options. Lost Javonte & Mitchell (twice) so a rag tag assortment:

Week 8: Khalil Herbert, Courtland Sutton, James Robinson & Wan'Dale. Swift was the right call.
Week 9: Khalil & J. Robinson. Robinson "should" have started as he scored 11 points to 6 for Swift. But no one was starting Robinson at Buffalo.
Week 10: Khalil & Sutton. Should have started Sutton @ Tennessee 10 points to 7 for Swift
Week 11: J.Robinson, Sutton & Christian Watson. Swift put up 11 but in retrospect I should have believed in Watson.
Week 12: Gus, Drake, Latavius, Kyren, Elijah Mitchell, Marquise Brown & Sutton. Swift scored 8, Brown 9 & Sutton 11

Swift is annoying as heck, and when you play against the Field the Field usually wins. But even on limited touches he has a semi reasonable floor and I still believe in the upside. He gets looks inside the 10, although not really inside the 5, he can catch (my league is full PPR) and he is as dynamic as any player in the game. And when you combine him with Jamaal you typically end up with something between low RB1s & mid RB2s. Jamaal was, by far my best draft pick and has almost single handedly kept my season alive.

Useage trending up.
Vintage-ish Swift game around the bend.

Not sure I see him getting enough work. His (fairly brief) history is pretty consistent... when he gets 15-20 touches, he's a solid RB1. ~10ish touches? He's JAG.

I just have a hard time seeing him getting that many opportunities again.

C'mon Swift, you're not done! But you sit dead last with my RB's (Chubb, Pierce/Wilson, Jr, Gibson, and Swift). Not even Flex worthy. You were selected to be a solid RB #2 with RB #1 upside. A third round pick.

Sure would be nice to see 15+ touches and lighting it up...again. That's all I want for Christmas.

Jamaal is in the last year of his contract and turns 28 next year, gotta figure the Lions resign him right? He’s been a bargain for them so far.

Or with the extra picks they have do they go back to the RB well in the draft? (Seems their earliest pick may go to a QB.) Certainly seems from an outsiders perspective they need a lot more help on defense instead.

FFtoday

D’Andre Swift vs JAX​

Finally healthy with a string of “full” practices, Swift showed a bit of fire and brimstone against the Bills on Thanksgiving. His 8 targets were a season high, and he was more active in the red zone than he’s been in recent weeks. Jacksonville’s defense is no slouch, but they certainly aren't a shy-away matchup. With byes a factor in Week 13, Swift’s talent is worth the gamble.

FFtoday

D’Andre Swift vs JAX​

Finally healthy with a string of “full” practices, Swift showed a bit of fire and brimstone against the Bills on Thanksgiving. His 8 targets were a season high, and he was more active in the red zone than he’s been in recent weeks. Jacksonville’s defense is no slouch, but they certainly aren't a shy-away matchup. With byes a factor in Week 13, Swift’s talent is worth the gamble.
FFToday has him as #38 RB this week :shrug:

FFtoday

D’Andre Swift vs JAX​

Swift could be top 8 or #38. I'd say his floor is #38. Most have given up, myself included. But, I am holding and looking for fantasy tid bits or perhaps being contrarian and playing him anyway. I don't think I can do that. Swift or Pierce? Swift or Wilson, Jr? Swift or Gibson? I certainly wish he could have been a RB #2 with Chubb, but all bets have been off lately. Will he have a good game in week 13 game, at home against JAX and the Lions are still in the playoff hunt and will be hungry. JAX is coming in flying high. We shall see. Fantasy football scoring. Then J Williams steals the show, damn. Lions fan here too.

FFtoday

D’Andre Swift vs JAX​

guest writer: By Colby Cavaliere | 12/1/22

FFtoday

D’Andre Swift vs JAX​

I may just start him.

FFtoday

D’Andre Swift vs JAX​

I may just start him.
I don’t have the confidence to start him. I’d happily watch him go off on my bench with 15+ touches if it meant a sign of things to come.

FFtoday

D’Andre Swift vs JAX​

I may just start him.
I don’t have the confidence to start him. I’d happily watch him go off on my bench with 15+ touches if it meant a sign of things to come.
Starting with confidence.

Or is it with "lack of options."?

Whatever, starting him.

Last edited:
should be a lot of offense

nothing rational to support this but feels like this is the week they finally lean on him

the offense has been OK but sorely lacking in explosive plays

he can provide that better than anyone on the active roster

should be a lot of offense

nothing rational to support this but feels like this is the week they finally lean on him

the offense has been OK but sorely lacking in explosive plays

he can provide that better than anyone on the active roster
Considering it, but recent track record still iffy...

I get to start 3 from this list.

1. RB # 1 Chubb in for sure
RB #2
Flex

Not in any particular order
2. Pierce - good match up, terrible couple of games coming in
3. J Wilson, Jr. - tough match up, share with Mostert, dude is good
4. Swift - was supposed to be RB #2 and I anticipate an uptick this week as well
5. Zonovan Knight - my new edition, watching info
6. J Palmer, WR #4 or Flex - others get the nod over him likely

Users who are viewing this thread