What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (3 Viewers)

should be a lot of offense

nothing rational to support this but feels like this is the week they finally lean on him

the offense has been OK but sorely lacking in explosive plays

he can provide that better than anyone on the active roster
Considering it, but recent track record still iffy...

I get to start 3 from this list.

1. RB # 1 Chubb in for sure
RB #2
Flex

Not in any particular order
2. Pierce - good match up, terrible couple of games coming in
3. J Wilson, Jr. - tough match up, share with Mostert, dude is good
4. Swift - was supposed to be RB #2 and I anticipate an uptick this week as well
5. Zonovan Knight - my new edition, watching info
6. J Palmer, WR #4 or Flex - others get the nod over him likely
Is this a PPR league? If so Palmer is a must start IMO. Mike Williams is out again and the Raiders defense is terrible.

Or is this a different J Palmer?

nothing rational to support this but feels like this is the week they finally lean on him

RB #2
Flex

4. Swift - was supposed to be RB #2 and I anticipate an uptick this week as well
Is this a PPR league? If so Palmer is a must start IMO. Mike Williams is out again and the Raiders defense is terrible.

Oh, this is Josh Palmer, WR LAC. It's .5 ppr and he's in the running for Flex, but over Pierce, perhaps, over Wilson, Jr., perhaps, over Swift, perhaps. Many like J Palmer this week with M Williams out. I get it. D Carter also shines and Allen is the prime target. K Allen is a low end WR #1 who can score multi TD's at any time. J Palmer I like, but how much?

Edit: thoughts on J Palmer vs Z Jones this week. It's close isn't it.

Last edited:

RB #2
Flex

Oh, this is Josh Palmer, WR LAC. It's .5 ppr and he's in the running for Flex, but over Pierce, perhaps, over Wilson, Jr., perhaps, over Swift, perhaps. Many like J Palmer this week with M Williams out. I get it. D Carter also shines and Allen is the prime target. K Allen is a low end WR #1 who can score multi TD's at any time. J Palmer I like, but how much?

IDK that Charger offense spreads the ball around a little but it isn't crazy necessarily. Two games with Keenan:

Week 11
Allen 8-5-94-0
Carter 3-3-33-0
Palmer 10-8-106-2

Week 12
Allen 7-5-49-1
Carter 10-7-73-1
Palmer 7-5-56-0

I think Palmer is a great shot for 8 targets this week against a bad Raiders defense and a solid Raiders offense.

Regarding Zay the only thing I don't like about him is his red zone usage:

Inside the 5:
Kirk 7-14-16-4
Zay 1-0-0-0

Inside the 10:
Kirk 9-6-33-6
Zay 3-2-6-0

Inside the 15:
Kirk 12-8-44-6
Zay 6-4-23-1

Inside the 20:
Kirk 15-11-92-7
Zay 8-4-23-1

Between the 20s:
Kirk 68-41-588-0
Zay 63-50-490-0

Zay is a between the 20s guy, so is Palmer for the most part but I like his offense and QB more than Zay's. It does look like Zay has separated himself from Marvin & Engram as the #2 target on the Jags but I still think the Chargers are the better offense. The defensive opponent for each is similar enough that it's a push IMO.

Palmer>Zay

RB #2
Flex

This is what I said about J. Wilson in another thread.
I'm pretty down on J. Wilson this week. Cross country game, both OTs doubtful against, by far the best run D in the league that hasn't allowed a point in 10 of their last 16 quarters.
Miami's offense is good enough to surprise the Niners but, IMO, if you start Wilson you are hoping he gets goal line opportunities.

D'Andre Swift rushed 14 times for 62 yards and a touchdown in the Lions' Week 13 win over the Jaguars, adding four receptions for 49 additional yards.​

Finally off the injury report, Swift welcomed himself back to the season. His 18 touches matched his 2022 high set back in Week 1, while his 111 yards from scrimmage were also his most since the opener. Ruled down at the one-yard line after he appeared to score early in the third quarter, Swift was miraculously allowed to remain in the game and rip off a bounced, impressive one-yard scoring run one play later. He still ceded other goal-line carries to Jamaal Williams, but he out-touched his nuisance backfield mate 18-11. This is about Swift's health, nothing more, nothing less. If he can stay healthy, he will push for top-20 relevance on a weekly basis, including against the Vikings in Week 14.
Dec 4, 2022, 4:24 PM ET

Where the hate at today ?

Was nice to see Swift rewarded to get the 1 yard TD and keep the vulture on the bench for a change.
Yeah, Goff went hurry up there to keep Swift on the field.

Lions played a lot of uptempo, calling the plays from the line and preventing the Jags from substituting

That was definitely part of the game plan

OTOH I also loved when the Jags went heavy and put 9 in the box on a 3rd & 1. Detroit - who often try deep shots in this situation - just blew them off the ball. 5 yards straight up the middle. This team has identity.

Had him in my lineup, but pulled at the last minute for Cordarelle 🤬. --losing this week and may have lost a playoff spot.
I hope that wasn't on my advice (haven't started my tally yet). If so, my apologies.

I hate making last minute substitutions. I am sure they have worked for me in the past but I only remember the ones that didn't.

Had him in my lineup, but pulled at the last minute for Cordarelle 🤬. --losing this week and may have lost a playoff spot.
I hope that wasn't on my advice (haven't started my tally yet). If so, my apologies.

I hate making last minute substitutions. I am sure they have worked for me in the past but I only remember the ones that didn't.
Nope -- you suggested Swift
Oh, thank goodness.

I guess even a broken Clock is right 2 or 3 times a day.

Was nice to see Swift rewarded to get the 1 yard TD and keep the vulture on the bench for a change.
Yeah, Goff went hurry up there to keep Swift on the field.

Lions played a lot of uptempo, calling the plays from the line and preventing the Jags from substituting

That was definitely part of the game plan

OTOH I also loved when the Jags went heavy and put 9 in the box on a 3rd & 1. Detroit - who often try deep shots in this situation - just blew them off the ball. 5 yards straight up the middle. This team has identity.
Makes sense. Either way it got Swift a td he might not of had if they had gone to the huddle and subbed JW in.

D'Andre Swift played 51% of snaps in the Lions Week 13 win over the Jaguars.​

Swift was off the injury report heading into Week 13, but it was still a leap of faith to believe he would see a significantly bigger role than he has in recent weeks. Swift partially delivered. His 51% snap share led the team, with Jamaal Williams at 30% and Justin Jackson at 21%. However, he was still a ways away from a true lead-back role, which would be more in the mid-60 % range. Overall, this is a positive sign that Swift is at least moving from a rotational running back to a split role. He'll be a TD-dependent RB2 against the Vikings.
Dec 5, 2022, 9:39 AM ET

Useage trending up.
Vintage-ish Swift game around the bend.

Not sure I see him getting enough work. His (fairly brief) history is pretty consistent... when he gets 15-20 touches, he's a solid RB1. ~10ish touches? He's JAG.

I just have a hard time seeing him getting that many opportunities again.

Well, I reverse-jinxed the s*** out of that MF! :biggrin:

D'Andre Swift played 51% of snaps in the Lions Week 13 win over the Jaguars.​

Swift was off the injury report heading into Week 13, but it was still a leap of faith to believe he would see a significantly bigger role than he has in recent weeks. Swift partially delivered. His 51% snap share led the team, with Jamaal Williams at 30% and Justin Jackson at 21%. However, he was still a ways away from a true lead-back role, which would be more in the mid-60 % range. Overall, this is a positive sign that Swift is at least moving from a rotational running back to a split role. He'll be a TD-dependent RB2 against the Vikings.
Dec 5, 2022, 9:39 AM ET
I think the blurb was fine until the last sentence on being TD dependent. In PPR leagues, if he continues to get this much volume, particularly in the passing game, TDs are likely just the cherry on top.

Hate? Far from it... Not sure what is worse? A solid game on my bench or a dismal game in my line-up? Unless I get a little lucky tonight, looks like sitting Swift will cost me the #2 seed and a playoff bye.

Hate? Far from it... Not sure what is worse? A solid game on my bench or a dismal game in my line-up? Unless I get a little lucky tonight, looks like sitting Swift will cost me the #2 seed and a playoff bye.
But, that's just it; he hasn't been dismal. He hasn't gotten opportunities until this week but he has been worth taking a flex shot on because apparently Detroit isn't shy about using him near the goal line. He has TDs of 9, 4 & 1 yard in 3 of the last 4 games. He has a TD in 6 of 9 games this season. Even when he isn't great he manages to salvage weeks with a TD.

He isn't the RB1 or RB2 that we drafted him to be but he is worth a spot in lineups as a flex play with a reasonable floor and solid upside.

But, that's just it; he hasn't been dismal. He hasn't gotten opportunities until this week but he has been worth taking a flex shot on because apparently Detroit isn't shy about using him near the goal line. He has TDs of 9, 4 & 1 yard in 3 of the last 4 games. He has a TD in 6 of 9 games this season. Even when he isn't great he manages to salvage weeks with a TD.

He isn't the RB1 or RB2 that we drafted him to be but he is worth a spot in lineups as a flex play with a reasonable floor and solid upside.
Swift is certainly trending back up and back in my lineup. ROAR

6, 10, 6, 20, 19... those aren't carries but rushing yards in the prior five weeks. We don't need to define the word "dismal" but hovering around 10 points is barely flex worthy, I'll agree with you on "reasonable floor" but solid upside is a bit exaggerated, especially given the way he has been used this year. Don't get me wrong - I like Swift, maybe more than his coaching staff does.

6, 10, 6, 20, 19... those aren't carries but rushing yards in the prior five weeks. We don't need to define the word "dismal" but hovering around 10 points is barely flex worthy, I'll agree with you on "reasonable floor" but solid upside is a bit exaggerated, especially given the way he has been used this year. Don't get me wrong - I like Swift, maybe more than his coaching staff does.
I get it and I don't entirely disagree but most fantasy leagues also count receiving yards and TDs and many count receptions too.

18 touches, 111 yards, 6 catches and a TD is absolutely solid upside. That's #1 RB production. It's why we drafted him. And it isn't like there isn't room for more with his ability, that offensive line and that scheme.

I think I was very clear that he comes with a lot of risk but the fact that he still managed flex level production on extremely limited touches (and being limited in practice) bodes quite well now that he isn't limited in practice and just came off an 18 touch game (20 opportunities) playing on a top 5 scoring offense.

He's been a big disappointment, we didn't draft him as a marginal flex play with upside. But, last week was a clear #1 RB performance. He came out of it unscathed and there is reason to think (hope? Pray?) that there is maybe more to come.

11 out of 14 weeks on the injury report - every week except 1, the bye and 13.

Waldman thinks his poor decisions are driven by wanting to protect his shoulder

probably not gonna be right all year

good news is he'll be a lot cheaper in redraft next year
Was so promising that his usage was trending up, but have to think they’ll scale it back again

the best way to move the chains v the Vikings is to run a ton of 11 personnel (3 WRs) and push the ball downfield

look at the Jets last week, Pats the week before (Thanksgiving night)

most passing yards allowed and 2nd most FF pts allowed to WRs

not that MIN is anything but average v the run or receptions allowed to RBs, it's def a good matchup if Swift gets a FP or two in this week

11 out of 14 weeks on the injury report - every week except 1, the bye and 13.

Waldman thinks his poor decisions are driven by wanting to protect his shoulder

probably not gonna be right all year

Was so promising that his usage was trending up, but have to think they’ll scale it back again

the best way to move the chains v the Vikings is to run a ton of 11 personnel (3 WRs) and push the ball downfield

look at the Jets last week, Pats the week before (Thanksgiving night)

most passing yards allowed and 2nd most FF pts allowed to WRs

not that MIN is anything but average v the run or receptions allowed to RBs, it's def a good matchup if Swift gets a FP or two in this week
Fair point - you don’t want to see him at all on the injury report, but it’s only Wednesday and maybe they’re just being precautionary. If he’s FP tomorrow or Friday then it’s probably a bit less worrisome about his workload.

D'Andre Swift (ankle) was limited in practice Wednesday.​

Heading into Week 13, Swift was off the injury report entirely for the first time since Week 1. He out-carried and out-snapped Jamaal Williams for the first time since Detroit's opener last week. The limited status on Wednesday should be nothing more than maintenance, though it's possible the lingering ankle issue keeps Swift capped at a 50/50 split with Williams. Still, with Swift trending in the right direction, he has some RB2 life heading into Week 14.
Dec 7, 2022, 4:34 PM ET

Heading into Week 13, Swift was off the injury report entirely for the first time since Week 1. He out-carried and out-snapped Jamaal Williams for the first time since Detroit's opener last week. The limited status on Wednesday should be nothing more than maintenance, though it's possible the lingering ankle issue keeps Swift capped at a 50/50 split with Williams. Still, with Swift trending in the right direction, he has some RB2 life heading into Week 14.
Has he ever not been limited? :shrug:

not at olive garden.

Well, sometimes he is DNP or out.

Last 30 NFL game weeks, he’s been on the injury report 24 times.

Not sure about his rookie year but he missed 3/16 games during the Covid campaign.

Heading into Week 13, Swift was off the injury report entirely for the first time since Week 1. He out-carried and out-snapped Jamaal Williams for the first time since Detroit's opener last week. The limited status on Wednesday should be nothing more than maintenance, though it's possible the lingering ankle issue keeps Swift capped at a 50/50 split with Williams. Still, with Swift trending in theH right direction, he has some RB2 life heading into Week 14.
Doc, my wife went into labor hours ago. When will my baby be born? Mr. Swift, your son is premature and is questionable to be born within the next hour, but it should happen soon. However, he will need to spend time in an incubator upon his birth.

Jamaal Williams' handcuff

I hope they resign Jamaal, but if someone’s drops a big ole bag well good for him

2 for $6M was a steal for the Lions - 22nd highest paid RB

man probably deserves twice that if not more - Hines makes $6M, Conner $7M

The whole draft s/b defense unless they fall in love with a QB

I could see them taking a RB late on Day 3 and/or through the UDFA process; Jackson & Reynolds will be UFAs and Swift will be on his last year with no 5th yr option

not at olive garden.
When he's there, he's family.

(RotoWire) Swift (ankle) practiced fully Thursday. Analysis: Swift opened the week with a limited showing Wednesday with an ankle issue, but it didn't impact his activity level one day later, effectively clearing him for Week 14 action. The Lions tacked on Jamaal Williams (hand) onto Thursday's injury report, but like Swift he was able to log a full practice. As a result, the Swift-Williams backfield is a go ahead of Sunday's matchup with the Vikings.

D'Andre Swift (ankle) practiced in full Thursday.​

Good luck understanding what D'Andre Swift's practice statuses actually mean, and if you know, let us know. After playing 51% of the snaps last week, Swift appeared to be trending up for Week 14 only to wind up back on the injury report. The amount of teams on bye and the general state of running back this week will help keep Swift on the RB2 line despite the injury report.
Dec 8, 2022, 4:14 PM ET

D'Andre Swift (ankle) is not on Detroit's final Week 14 injury report against the Vikings.​

Swift got in two full practices on Thursday and Friday after a limited practice on Wednesday. It's not quite "off the injury report entirely" like he was last week, and trying to fully understand Swift's health status would require a Rosetta stone of sorts. He's an upside RB2 this week against a Vikings defense that gives up plenty of big plays in the passing game to running backs.
Dec 9, 2022, 3:51 PM ET

D'Andre Swift (ankle) is not on Detroit's final Week 14 injury report against the Vikings.​

Swift got in two full practices on Thursday and Friday after a limited practice on Wednesday. It's not quite "off the injury report entirely" like he was last week, and trying to fully understand Swift's health status would require a Rosetta stone of sorts. He's an upside RB2 this week against a Vikings defense that gives up plenty of big plays in the passing game to running backs.
Okeedokee, Swift is back in starting with Chubb RB # 1, and Swift RB #2 spot. Wanted to play him last week, but could not. Still got the W. Now I see...

Okeedokee, Swift is back in starting with Chubb RB # 1, and Swift RB #2 spot. Wanted to play him last week, but could not. Still got the W. Now I see...
Keep us informed :thumbup:

Ease up - we all do it from time to time. It’s therapeutic.

Ease up - we all do it from time to time. It’s therapeutic.
What are you talking about, I was serious and I thought very supportive.

Users who are viewing this thread