What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Dameon Pierce, HOU (1 Viewer)

Dameon Pierce rushed 14 times for 131 yards and a touchdown in Houston's Week 4 loss to the Chargers, adding six receptions for eight yards on six targets.

The Texans couldn't really get anything going on offense until the second half, but Pierce gave them a jolt with a 75-yard touchdown run where he shook multiple defenders. Almost all of his targets were desperation checkdowns by Davis Mills as he struggled to get through enough reads to find someone open. Pierce ran well and delivered a crushing pass block on a key third down during Houston's second touchdown drive, but concerns about the quality of the Texans offense will continue to dog him as Houston heads to the upstart Jaguars in Week 5. Pierce will again be on the RB2 line.

- NBCSportsEDGE

@Underdog__NFL

Texans RBs Weeks 1-3 rush attempt share (per ⁦‪@PFF⁩):

Dameon Pierce 73%
Rex Burkhead 27%

Pierce received 100% of the Week 4 RB rush attempts while running more routes than Burkhead for the first time this year and also recorded a career-high 6 receptions.
10/3/22, 8:07 AM

100% of the RB carries and what might be the most important to launching him to the next level..6 catches!

:pickle:

I'm thinking that was mostly due to the Texans being down by so much and having to play catch up. This was a big blow out early on. It could be a trend given how bad they are, I'm just hoping he gets better looks instead of being the last option check down guy (for PPR who cares tho lol).

Stat shown during today's game. At that point, Pierce had 313 yards on the season, with 301 of them coming after contact.

Sat him again for Godwin in the flex. Didn't cost me but it's becoming harder to bench this guy.

Texans coach Lovie Smith said Dameon Pierce "needs to get at least 20 carries" a game.​

He actually said the "lead tailback" is the one who needs 20 carries, but he made it clear that is what Pierce is, saying the rookie will cede only third-down work to Rex Burkhead. Usually coaches oversell running back workloads, but Pierce has 20, 14, and 26 carries over his last three games. As long as the Texans can keep the game in reach, he should be fed, making him a solid RB2 despite a lackluster offense.
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Oct 19, 2022, 12:25 PM ET

Dameon Pierce rushed 20 times for 92 yards in the Texans' Week 7 loss to the Raiders, adding four receptions for 25 additional yards.

Pierce continues to look like one of the best young running backs in the game. He forced several missed tackles on the afternoon and was explosive when hitting the open lanes. His biggest run of the day came on a 22-yard run up the left sideline, but the rookie running back turned several rush attempts into double-digit gains. The Texans want to prioritize Pierce in the running game, and accomplished that on Sunday against the Raiders. He continues to look like a solid RB2 that's capable of a top-12 week whenever he finds the end zone. Pierce and the Texans play host to the Titans in Week 8.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Dameon Pierce rushed 27 times for 139 yards in the Texans' Week 9 loss to the Eagles.​

Facing an Eagles defense allowing 5.1 yards per carry and missing Jordan Davis, Pierce posted a new career high in rushing yards even as he failed to find the end zone or draw a target in the passing game. Frustrating for fantasy managers, but that buries the lede of another high-quality performance. Pierce simply bowls over tacklers at the first level of the defense. He has cleared 90 yards on the ground in three of his past four appearances, something that is not easy to do on one of the worst teams in the league. With Week 10 opponent New York (Giants) unlikely to put the Texans in a game script headlock, Pierce will remain on the RB1/2 borderline.
Nov 3, 2022, 11:21 PM ET

I just hope this game shows Lovie and the OC that pierce can be leaned on like Henry for the Titans. Houston should be giving him the ball 20+ times every game to control the clock and keep their defense off the field.

Dameon Pierce rushed 17 times for 94 yards in the Texans’ Week 10 loss against the Giants, adding two receptions for an additional 28 yards.​

Despite the Texans’ being the Texans, Pierce did his fantasy managers well. He was stuffed early but broke a 44-yard run mid-game. From there, Pierce would run decently until the Texans had to rely on the pass. Pierce gets another decent matchup in Week 11 at home against the Commanders.
Nov 13, 2022, 4:41 PM ET

Dameon Pierce rushed 10 times for eight yards and no touchdowns in the Texans' Week 11 loss against the Commanders.​

What do we say here? The product of a down-bad offense is a promising young running back getting stuffed for sixty minutes by one of the best defensive lines in the league. Pierce's longest run of the day came on a three-yard carry that wound up accounting for nearly half of his rushing yards on the afternoon. He did manage two receptions for nine additional yards, but this is a performance Pierce will look to forget as he prepares for Week 12 against the Dolphins. If there's anything good to take from this one, it's the fact that Pierce was the only Texans running back to log a carry on the day, as he continues to be the team's unquestioned bell cow. He'll be a high-end RB2 next weekend against the Dolphins.
Nov 20, 2022, 4:39 PM ET

Completely wasted talent on this trash team. Imagine him on a team with an offense, literally any other offense.
I didn't watch today's games other than what was shown on Redzone. It is disappointing when ****ty teams abandon the run even though their RB is their best player.

Pierce almost had a chance for another garbage TD but Mills ran it in from the 4 on the final drive.

He was a solid RB2 most of the season but now is barely a flex option.
Okay, it was one game today. He's still a RB2. Nothing has changed. He just had a bad game.

Last edited:
Completely wasted talent on this trash team. Imagine him on a team with an offense, literally any other offense.
I didn't watch today's games other than what was shown on Redzone. It is disappointing when ****ty teams abandon the run even though their RB is their best player.

Pierce almost had a chance for another garbage TD but Mills ran it in from the 4 on the final drive.

Okay, it was one game today. He's still a RB2. Nothing has changed. He just had a bad game.
Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking with that post :lol:

I just checked and saw he has had over 14 pts ppr for 7 straight weeks before this week's dud.

I think I inadvertently attributed King Henry's 8 pt week 10 to Pierce. I got too comfortable with those guys putting up 40+ pts combined for me every week, these last 2 weeks kind of threw me off. I get greedy I guess.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking with that post :lol:

I just checked and saw he has had over 14 pts ppr for 7 straight weeks before this week's dud.

I think I inadvertently attributed King Henry's 8 pt week 10 to Pierce. I got too comfortable with those guys putting up 40+ pts combined for me every week, these last 2 weeks kind of threw me off. I get greedy I guess.

It's been easy to get complacent with Pierce! Still starting him, obviously.

What do you guys think eno is worth for a pierce owner?
Very little. Pierce is a talent that has been good despite the Houston team around him. I don't think Eno has that type of talent and if Pierce were to be injured the Houston offense would be devoid of anything of value for fantasy.

I benched him in favor of Rachaad White and Miles Sanders in my last RB spot today. You're welcome when he goes off, just didn't want to risk a blow-out script again.

Texans head coach Lovie Smith said he is unsure of the status for Dameon Pierce (ankle) heading into Week 15.​

Smith was also quoted as saying, "It will take an awful lot for him to not play." While an encouraging sentiment, we can't ignore the fact that Pierce exited Sunday's loss to the Cowboys and was sidelined for almost the entire fourth quarter. If he's unable to go next week against the Chiefs, the Texans could mix in Dare Ogunbowale, Eno Benjamin and Rex Burkhead, who all saw touches yesterday with Pierce sidelined. Any of these options will be hard to trust for fantasy purposes if Pierce is ultimately sidelined.
Dec 12, 2022, 2:13 PM ET

Dameon Pierce (ankle) will miss Week 15 and possibly Week 16.​

NFL insider Aaron Wilson described Pierce's injury as a "relatively mild high ankle sprain." The rookie suffered no structural damage to his ankle, per Wilson. Pierce went down in Week 14 against the Cowboys after rushing 22 times for 78 yards and a score. It looks like the Texans, who curiously waived Eno Benjamin on Tuesday morning, will be left with Rex Burkhead and Dare Ogunbowale as their primary running backs for the next week or two. Burkhead shapes up as the likely lead back. Tell you friends and family: Burkhead szn has arrived once again. The veteran should be picked up in deep fantasy leagues this week.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Click2Houston.com
Dec 13, 2022, 8:59 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread