What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL (1 Viewer)

Oh geez.  I'd say the guy raising his hand and roughing up women is the one ruining lives. I've asked this numerous times and never get an answer...what does Goodell have to gain by keeping the league's best players and biggest draws off the field?   It's a terrible business model. Goodell has heard 100 times more information on this case than any of us have. If you want to argue that it should be 4 games instead of 6, that's reasonable. To pretend that goodell is randomly ruining lives is allowing fantasy football to mess with your logic. 
It's pretty comical that you are peeved that your question isn't being answered, given that you refused to honestly answer a question I directly asked you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh geez.  I'd say the guy raising his hand and roughing up women is the one ruining lives. I've asked this numerous times and never get an answer...what does Goodell have to gain by keeping the league's best players and biggest draws off the field?   It's a terrible business model. Goodell has heard 100 times more information on this case than any of us have. If you want to argue that it should be 4 games instead of 6, that's reasonable. To pretend that goodell is randomly ruining lives is allowing fantasy football to mess with your logic. 
Would be accused of something you say you didn’t do and weren’t charged for bother you?

That is what he is saying happened. 

So people are really still convicting an innocent man of a crime while pretending to be on the moral high ground?

I have no problem defending a guy who didnt commit a crime from the terrible slander of such lies like that he would beat a woman. Some people seem to be ok sending a man to be punished based of rumors that can not be substantiated and that people much more qualified than them at such investigations say that you accusing him of such crimes is wrong.

Its not hard to defend people of bad crimes if they didnt do it, you dont automatically have to believe the woman because you think you have to morally. We have a tendency now to just believe things without proof.

YES, Zeke is the victim here. No one else, not the lying woman and not Goodell, Zeke. The guy who was harassed by a woman and now being tortured with her lies. No charges and no crime, saying so just exposes your bias, the facts are on my side. Also, yes, I am biased to defend men wrongfully slandered by haters in the public. I will go to the dramatic extreme to defend him because he is on my fantasy team just the way those who dislike him will go to their dramatic extremes, like wrongfully saying he committed a crime.

Per @AmyDashTV (CBS legal analyst) She thinks hopefully by Friday they will rule if there is a stay put back on to allow him to play Sunday until Tuesday 11/7's hearing.

So peoplw are really still convicting an innocent man of a crime while pretending to be on the moral high ground?

I have no problem defending a guy who didnt commit a crime from the terrible slander of such lies like that he would beat a woman. Some people seem to be ok sending a man to be punished based of rumors that can not be substantiated and that people much more qualified than them at such investigations say that you accusing him of such crimes is wrong.

Its not hard to defend people of bad crimes if they didnt do it, you dont automatically have to believe the woman because you think you have to morally. We have a tendency now to just believe things without proof.
I don't see anyone convicting him here.  That's a legal issue and a high burden of proof.

As to his employers rights and his own in terms of the CBA, and our ability to postulate as to if we think he's guilty (not whether we'd legally convict him), he has a pattern of behavior by which its at the least understandable that his employer came to the conclusion - and punishment - they did.

His employer are the Cowboys, who have a CBA with the NFL. Many are convicting him, theya re saying he committed crimes he was not charged with, just like the crooked commish is doing. His pattern of behavior does not deem a act to take place because you want it to.

What are the chances (legally) this at some point gets totally thrown out?

As I said before, this distraction has already impacted the Boys' season... and if another stay or two occurs, then are we to see Elliott out of football when the hammer finally comes down at the end of this year, down the stretch? Could he end up getting 3 games this year and STILL have to serve 3 more next?

Just doesn't seem to be in the boy's favor to continually prolong this, UNLESS there's a legit chance to overturn the whole decision. 

His employer are the Cowboys, who have a CBA with the NFL. Many are convicting him, theya re saying he committed crimes he was not charged with, just like the crooked commish is doing. His pattern of behavior does not deem a act to take place because you want it to.
The court of public opinion <> the court of legal remedy.  They also have far different standards, and especially in the former, a person's pattern of behavior is more than fair game by which to assist in coming to a personal judgement on the matter. 

Personal judgement. Not legal.

Just like no one is actually "convicting" him

CBA allows the commie to do what he wants....

So would anything happen if he misses one game, but then wins on Tuesday somehow?  He essentially would have served 1 game suspension when found innocent. This is all stupid.
he wouldn't have been found innocent - just that he was entitled to a stay of the suspension through a PI.

As I said before, this distraction has already impacted the Boys' season... and if another stay or two occurs, then are we to see Elliott out of football when the hammer finally comes down at the end of this year, down the stretch? Could he end up getting 3 games this year and STILL have to serve 3 more next?

Just doesn't seem to be in the boy's favor to continually prolong this, UNLESS there's a legit chance to overturn the whole decision. 
Zero. Or to be fair, 0.01%

The only way for it to get thrown out for sure is the CBA gets dissolved or Gooddell suddenly drops the case.

So people are really still convicting an innocent man of a crime while pretending to be on the moral high ground?

YES, Zeke is the victim here. No one else, not the lying woman and not Goodell, Zeke. The guy who was harassed by a woman and now being tortured with her lies. No charges and no crime, saying so just exposes your bias, the facts are on my side. Also, yes, I am biased to defend men wrongfully slandered by haters in the public. I will go to the dramatic extreme to defend him because he is on my fantasy team just the way those who dislike him will go to their dramatic extremes, like wrongfully saying he committed a crime.
This is Mavis under yet another alias, right?

I'm not a lawyer but I would say close to none. This is a LABOR case . . . not a criminal case and not a civil case. Zeke will have to prove that the NFL clearly and demonstratively did not abide by the terms of the CBA. I just don't see it happening. Things being unfair is not going to cut it as an argument.

The best outcome for Elliott is that some way, some how the court decides that the league did not conform to the CBA . . . in which case they would force the NFL to conduct another arbitration hearing. That's it. They can't vacate the suspension entirely, as it is not the court's place to determine punishment on an agreed upon labor contract. All they could do is have the NFL conduct another arbitration hearing and ensure the CBA provisions were followed.

From there, Goodell could determine the same punishment and at that point there would be nothing Zeke could do. I suppose if he really wanted to push things, he could try to file a defamation lawsuit against the league suggesting the NFL conspired to drag him through the mud. But he would need to prove intent, which I don't know how he could show evidence of that. And I also am not sure that would get him out of serving a suspension even if he were to win.

Would be accused of something you say you didn’t do and weren’t charged for bother you?

That is what he is saying happened. 
While it could be possible, why put yourself in that situation when you have much to lose?

It's pretty comical that you are peeved that your question isn't being answered, given that you refused to honestly answer a question I directly asked you.
My question doesn't really even require an answer. The answer is obvious. Goodell gains nothing by having the league's biggest stars sitting out. It was asked without expecting an answer. 

What's dumb on the part of the Cowboys is letting this potentially go past week 12. If he gets a 6-game suspension in week 12, he's out weeks 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17. Fine. Back for the playoffs. If this gets delayed again, and the suspension is effective week 13, for example, the suspension becomes weeks 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 2018-week-1. He would be ineligible for the playoffs in between. A six game suspension then becomes a 7, 8, maybe 9 week suspension, with the added weeks the most valuable.
Exactly. I can't believe that no one in upper management has told him to stop acting like a petulant child and to start thinking about the team instead of just himself.

What's dumb on the part of the Cowboys is letting this potentially go past week 12. If he gets a 6-game suspension in week 12, he's out weeks 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17. Fine. Back for the playoffs. If this gets delayed again, and the suspension is effective week 13, for example, the suspension becomes weeks 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 2018-week-1. He would be ineligible for the playoffs in between. A six game suspension then becomes a 7, 8, maybe 9 week suspension, with the added weeks the most valuable.
Holy cow - I hadn't realised that if he was mid suspension that meant no playoffs. Ouch

You are a filthy Eagles fan and it's bazaar that you find this so interesting. 

The only  reason you keep saying that Elliot is guilty is because you are a filthy dirty Eagles fan. 

This is exactly what Elliot is fighting as well as his guaranteed money. He's fighting against his reputation so filthy dirt balls like yourself can't walk around calling him a woman beater. 

Whether Elliot is a woman beater or not is up for debate, you being a filthy dirt ball is not.

Who is arguing he committed a crime?  You keep making this straw man argument.  It’s ridiculous; this is not a criminal case, it never was a criminal case.  Zeke’s lawyers aren’t trying to convince the 2nd that he didn’t commit a crime, they are trying to convince them that Goodell violated the CBA.  If you want to argue that Zeke didn’t abuse a woman, why don’t you start a thread about that, because it’s a completely different subject than does Goodell have the power to suspend him.

The only  reason you keep saying that Elliot is guilty is because you are a filthy dirty Eagles fan. 

This is exactly what Elliot is fighting as well as his guaranteed money. He's fighting against his reputation so filthy dirt balls like yourself can't walk around calling him a woman beater. 

Whether Elliot is a woman beater or not is up for debate, you being a filthy dirt ball is not.
Woooosaaaaaahhhhhhh

The Cowboys are 4-3 and down three games in that division.  I find it hard to believe the management and coaches are penciling in their playoff schedule right now.  

Zeke understandably isn't concerned about when his suspension could possibly fall, and the Cowboys organization has nothing to do with this. Zeke says that he is innocent. He's simply going to fight until he wins, or he exhausts all avenues available for him to fight this. This has a lot less to do with missing games, and a lot more to do with being labeled a woman beater, being suspended, and irreparable harm being done to his name and future earning potential. 

Why do people still think this is about what the Cowboys want? 

Goodell has slandered an individual and stripped him of his guaranteed money. 

The Cowboys have nothing to do with any of this other then they are also impacted by this travesty. 

Who is arguing he committed a crime?  You keep making this straw man argument.  It’s ridiculous; this is not a criminal case, it never was a criminal case.  Zeke’s lawyers aren’t trying to convince the 2nd that he didn’t commit a crime, they are trying to convince them that Goodell violated the CBA.  If you want to argue that Zeke didn’t abuse a woman, why don’t you start a thread about that, because it’s a completely different subject than does Goodell have the power to suspend him.
Yes and no. 

This is only part 1.

The second act is a full fledged libel suit. 

If they're going to write off 2017, all the more reason to make sure the suspension doesn't affect next year then. Get it done and over with now. What good does it do to have it wind its way through the court system if it turns out they have to sit him 6 weeks next year? Might as well burn it off in a mediocre year and have him at full strength, fully available, and have the roster space freedom to not carry 3 backups for him "in case" they can't use him.
I wouldn't say they are writing off the season at 4-3 in week 9.  There is a lot of football to go.  My point is there is no guarantee they make playoffs so to say Zeke should stop and just take the suspension doesn't make any sense. 

Sure if they lose Zeke for playoffs that will be a blow, but you worry about that at that time.  Right now you have to focus on winning each game.  I think they would be foolish to just stop the appeal expecting they are in the playoffs.   

Why do people still think this is about what the Cowboys want? 

Goodell has slandered an individual and stripped him of his guaranteed money. 

The Cowboys have nothing to do with any of this other then they are also impacted by this travesty. 
Many of us don't believe he has been "slandered" - if that's the case, there are other legal remedies. 

And I have not heard one peep as far as Elliott persuing those avenues. 

Btw, TRAVESTY? A bit harsh perhaps, but again, this is hardly the only instance of Elliott's behavior that has been questionable. 

Il not willing to say he's definitely guilty, buts it's even more laughable to speak as if we are defaming some beacon of the community. 

He's suspended, and none of us know if he did it or not.

Somebody please delete this entire thread.  You can start with this post

please please please

Haha. You sound angry.

We're back on no charges = no crime?

Oh brother.

I asked you guys nicely not to do this. Take a week off and if you can be way cooler when you come back, you can stay. 

It appears the 2nd will rule on the stay this week from the briefs the NFLPA and the NFL will submit this week, by tomorrow evening. NFLPA will file its response to the NFLs brief and then they will rule by tomorrow is my guess.

It all depends on how the 3 judge panel sees it, I think we have learned by now not to trust or predict what judges will do but again this has gone the exact opposite way that the popular opinion has been. Now it looks like everyone is calling this a hail mary, some of those have been completed more often lately. Two of the three judges could see it the opposite way, or they may not. As we have seen from the last judges ruling, sometimes judges want to rule for a reason maybe Zeke will get two judges like that on the appeals.

It appears the 2nd will rule on the stay this week from the briefs the NFLPA and the NFL will submit this week, by tomorrow evening. NFLPA will file its response to the NFLs brief and then they will rule by tomorrow is my guess.

It all depends on how the 3 judge panel sees it, I think we have learned by now not to trust or predict what judges will do but again this has gone the exact opposite way that the popular opinion has been. Now it looks like everyone is calling this a hail mary, some of those have been completed more often lately. Two of the three judges could see it the opposite way, or they may not. As we have seen from the last judges ruling, sometimes judges want to rule for a reason maybe Zeke will get two judges like that on the appeals.
I can't find this anywhere.  I see that Brush said that the 2nd "may" rule on the stay motion this week, just based on the briefs, but I can't find anything stating definitively that it WILL happen.  If it's true, I wouldn't be surprise if the 2nd grants him the stay, until they finish the appeal.  They don't normally conduct business on Thursdays or Fridays, so IMO, re-arranging their schedule suggests that they feel it was important enough to do it now, rather than next week, when they return.  A logical assumption for why they are "rushing" would be that they feel he wouldn't be able to get the game back he'd miss this week (irreparable harm). 

I can't find this anywhere.  I see that Brush said that the 2nd "may" rule on the stay motion this week, just based on the briefs, but I can't find anything stating definitively that it WILL happen.  If it's true, I wouldn't be surprise if the 2nd grants him the stay, until they finish the appeal.  They don't normally conduct business on Thursdays or Fridays, so IMO, re-arranging their schedule suggests that they feel it was important enough to do it now, rather than next week, when they return.  A logical assumption for why they are "rushing" would be that they feel he wouldn't be able to get the game back he'd miss this week (irreparable harm). 
This is how I see it.  Most of the legal people I've been following say it's been requested and they just assume they'll decide by Friday if they will put a 4-day STAY back on.

Highly unlikey in that they have already requested dates for NFL to file briefs and for them to respond.  This sounds like the NFLPA know's the answer already.  Indeed this is all conjecture, but the tea leaves point to zeke being suspended for at least 5 weeks.

NFLPA already submitted their reply brief to the NFL that was submitted today, things moving quickly...now, we wait. No expected time frame for decision, but some suggest by tomorrow. But clearly they have been told to submit briefs otherwise the NFL wouldnt have rushed. Maybe all things dont link to the media.

Here is a tweet from the DW guy that some have sources here, but yes, no time frame but its clear they were told to submit briefs, otherwise the NFL wouldnt have rushed it in today. Doesnt mean that they will rule, but does point to the fact that they may by this weekend.

Daniel Wallach‏ @WALLACHLEGAL 2m2 minutes ago
With briefing complete in #Zeke emergency motion, and no scheduled court dates this week, 2nd Circuit could decide on basis of papers alone.

NFLPA already submitted their reply brief to the NFL that was submitted today, things moving quickly...now, we wait. No expected time frame for decision, but some suggest by tomorrow. But clearly they have been told to submit briefs otherwise the NFL wouldnt have rushed. Maybe all things dont link to the media.
So to clarify, has it been stated definitively that they will rule by tomorrow using just the briefs, or is that just conjecture at this point?  Do we even know if the 2nd is meeting today or tomorrow?  I understand that is a safe assumption based on the quick submission of briefs, but  wondering if we’re connecting too many dots.  If anyone has a link to reports about this, I’d appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread