What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL (1 Viewer)

I love how Jerry Jones is such a butthurt hypocrite.   :lmao:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/29/jerry-jones-has-a-much-better-chance-to-derail-goodell-extension-in-may/

"That’s when, per a league source, owners voted 32-0 to authorize the Compensation Committee to enter into a new contract with Goodell. Jones, given the 32-0 vote, approved the measure. And if Jones wanted to oppose the vote in May, he would have needed only eight other owners to agree with him in order to block it."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/12/jerry-jones-supported-roger-goodell-after-tom-brady-suspension/ 

"While Patriots owner Robert Kraft criticized Goodell’s decision in Deflategate, Jones threw his support behind Commissioner Roger Goodell."
Who gives a #### about your cheating Pats :lol:  ?

Just stare at your Tom Brady posters when you feel the need to troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
He didn't quite say that. And it was 2 months ago. And McFadden played ahead of Morris throughout the preseason. And last season. And coaches say a lot of things that late prove to be misleading or flat out untrue.

This is far from clear.  None of the so called insiders seem to feel certain about it. Heck Smith could be the guy.
The OC didn't quite say that? 

"We were preparing Alfred before the thing with Zeke became final for the week."

"He had taken a lot of reps with the first group be honest with you, and we felt like he had earned that at that point."

"As it went on, we felt like he was earning his way based on how he played in the preseason"

All quotes from Linehan on Morris being ahead of McFadden. 

So, this is far from clear? This is vague and conflicting information? Especially considering that everything since these comments have fell directly in line with what he said. Given that Morris has been active for every single game, and McFadden has yet to even dress. 

Maybe you should point out how the Salty Haters can't get over something from 10 years ago.  That's not pathetic or pitiful at all.
Sure, no problem.  Would you mind showing me the posts from the last couple days where the “Salty Haters” were randomly whining about something from 10 years ago, because I couldn’t find those posts. It’s almost as if they don’t exist; like they were the figment of some crazy, obsessed, delusional mind.  Weird, huh.  I’ll just wait for you to post links to those posts.

You are right; there is a chance that he can get the 2nd circuit to grant a stay.  I think it's unlikely, but not impossible.  That being said, the NFL doesn't have to prove Zeke was treated fairly; he has to prove that he wasn't.  And that's going to be tough to do. 

I've posted the link to the Brady decision before, but in it, the 2nd said that the CBA grants Goodell very broad powers, and even if he makes factual or legal mistakes, they can't overturn his decisions, as long as he follows the CBA.  Even if the NFLPA can convince the 2nd that Goodell made a mistake in not considering their lead investigator's suggestion, or that he should have interviewed the ex-girlfriend, those are factual/legal mistakes, which they've already said aren't grounds to overturn his decision.  The NFLPA would, essentially, have to prove that Goodell didn't consider those things because he had it in for Zeke, and not that he merely made a mistake by not considering them.
The facts clearly demonstrate that he wasn't treated fairly.  But the courts aren't opining on fair treatment - you've told us such over and over.  They are just opining on whether or not Goodell is operating within the framework of the CBA.

I would love it if Goodell was banned from his Commissioner status ... not based on being convicted of anything, just based on something that the owners thinks he might have done.

That would be exceptional wouldn't it? Maybe just like 1/2 a year, loss of salary, slander his name .... that kinda thing 

Sure, no problem.  Would you mind showing me the posts from the last couple days where the “Salty Haters” were randomly whining about something from 10 years ago, because I couldn’t find those posts. It’s almost as if they don’t exist; like they were the figment of some crazy, obsessed, delusional mind.  Weird, huh.  I’ll just wait for you to post links to those posts.
Where did I say it was from a few days ago?  Way to make things up.  Figments of a crazy delusional mind indeed.   :lmao:

I pointed to the Deflategate thread, where people referenced Spygate constantly.

>

If you look at the Deflategate thread, there were literally hundreds of references to Spygate, which happened 10 years ago.  Maybe you should look in the mirror, and get over Spygate first.  

After you get over Spygate, which happened 10 years ago, then you can complain about me bringing up Deflategate, which happened last year.  Amirite?

Crazy that grown men running around tackling each other warrants 'emergency' special hearings and leaps above hearings about PFAs and things that actually matter. 
Crazy that a grown man who actually frosted his hair spends all this time whining about other grown men instead of things that actually matter. 

So now where do we stand? He had 24 hours to appeals, right? He did that and she denied it, correct??

Now they file appeal with 2nd court? What is that timeframe?

You answered yourself with all your own questions ironically with exception for time frame which no one knows.
Rule of thumb, when it involves courts, the decisions are made when the judge says so. If you have not heard a decision from a judge, continue waiting.

So your answer to your question of what the time frame is, when the Appeals court judges say so.

Why is it people are asking the same questions that have been answered, that if they were not so lazy they could find out themselves? Why is it people who have time to log in to a website and type a post but are not able to go through previous posts to see their answer? This case has not been hard to follow.

You answered yourself with all your own questions ironically with exception for time frame which no one knows.
Rule of thumb, when it involves courts, the decisions are made when the judge says so. If you have not heard a decision from a judge, continue waiting.

So your answer to your question of what the time frame is, when the Appeals court judges say so.

Why is it people are asking the same questions that have been answered, that if they were not so lazy they could find out themselves? Why is it people who have time to log in to a website and type a post but are not able to go through previous posts to see their answer? This case has not been hard to follow.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. 

I answered his question, whats the issue? My passing statement at the end? I just saw laziness and spoke about it. Seems the person who woke up on the wrong side of the bed is someone who takes issue with a comment about laziness and not the laziness itself. I just spent time typing out verbatim statement to help the gullible who believe a roto blurb without doing their research, I am more then entitled to critique lazy questions...and I will. I tell my 8 yo child who keeps asking for me to get her a juice box when she can get it herself, thats laziness. If I inform her she can get it herself, is that me waking up on the wrong side of the bed, or good advice? FFT.

Zeke will file appeal this morning, if not already, they will let us know their next steps when the court is ready. You tell me, how many more times in this thread will we hear, "whats the time frame, next steps and so on?" It has all already been laid out.

In most cases I 100% agree with you, people do tend to be a bit on the lazy side and end up asking questions that were previously (& recently) answered which gets tiresome & annoying. However, in this case I think the bolded sentence above is clearly incorrect. This case has been anything but easy to follow. Nothing seems to have been what was expected and no one knows what Zeke/ NFLPA will do next. 

Last known info I’m aware of is that the Southern District of New York has denied Elliott's request for an emergency injunction & Elliott is now waiting for a decision from the Second Circuit. However, that info was from yesterday and who knows what has happened since then. 

Personally, I’m curious if anyone who follows more people on Twitter that I do or is closer to the case/ has more legal knowledge than myself has any new news on this case as well. That’s why I come to this page. 

Because some people don't have all day to sort through 20 pages of posts. It's easier sometimes to just ask the question come back in an hour and see if it was answered. There's also a ton of information coming from a ton of different sources. Twitter Reddit Etc. Something that was posted a page or two ago could be old news. This is a message board. A place to ask questions and get information from people with common interests. I hope your morning gets better

Because some people don't have all day to sort through 20 pages of posts. It's easier sometimes to just ask the question come back in an hour and see if it was answered. There's also a ton of information coming from a ton of different sources. Twitter Reddit Etc. Something that was posted a page or two ago could be old news. This is a message board. A place to ask questions and get information from people with common interests. I hope your morning gets better
That was pretty much the case for me this morning. I just happened to spend last night trick or treating with my kids. I didn't have time to scroll back several pages to get the latest news. Thought it would be easy to just ask the question and, as you mentioned, return later to see the answer.

That's what makes this forum so great.

But I guess that can be considered laziness. ??

I do find it strange then that so many people with common interests who are visiting this thread lack so much info on this common interest in this thread. Like you said this is a message board, and I answered his questions and left a message to him to avoid asking same questions and do some research. I love the "Hope my day gets better" lines from those who are angry an innocent man is trying not to get punished and says things like "Crazy that grown men running around tackling each other warrants 'emergency' special hearings and leaps above hearings about PFAs and things that actually matter." Thats was a quote from you, right Jr.? Hope your day got better. But I digress. I would take that line better from people who do not appear to be constantly angry.

The 2nd circuit got the paperwork last night for the appeal after a delay. Some worry was they would not get it in last night amongst Zeke camps as they update the appeal to include from my understanding the conflict of interest with the judge.

Kate Hairopoulos‏ Verified account @khairopoulos
Elliott's appeal is on the docket in the 2nd Circuit.

I do find it strange then that so many people with common interests who are visiting this thread lack so much info on this common interest in this thread. Like you said this is a message board, and I answered his questions and left a message to him to avoid asking same questions and do some research. I love the "Hope my day gets better" lines from those who are angry an innocent man is trying not to get punished and says things like "Crazy that grown men running around tackling each other warrants 'emergency' special hearings and leaps above hearings about PFAs and things that actually matter." Thats was a quote from you, right Jr.? Hope your day got better. But I digress. I would take that line better from people who do not appear to be constantly angry.
Yes. That was me. And I stand by it. I think it's crazy that a football player gets emergency status and his decisions are always moved ahead of actual things that matter in life.  That's irrelevant. No one's criticizing you for your opinion. They're blasting you for being a ##### when someone simply asked a question. The reason most of us are checking this thread. A common place to gather and get updates.  You should probably think twice before calling people lazy. If you don't like the questions being asked on this board, feel free to delete our account. Pretty simple. 

We should here more on Zeke today. Hope your day gets better, Jr.
My day couldn't possibly get better. I hope you pay attention to what people were trying to tell you above. Many people called you out for being a DB.  Learn from it and grow. 

You are upset over my post answering a guys question then pointing out its easy to research if you are not lazy as a parting remark, but you;re in a good mood? I could be wrong but no one called me a DB, just you, just now...but I think we can all agree, the those who are the DBs are the ones with the frosted tips if movies tell me anything. Hope your day truly gets better. I will be patiently waiting for Zeke news.

In most cases I 100% agree with you, people do tend to be a bit on the lazy side and end up asking questions that were previously (& recently) answered which gets tiresome & annoying. However, in this case I think the bolded sentence above is clearly incorrect. This case has been anything but easy to follow. Nothing seems to have been what was expected and no one knows what Zeke/ NFLPA will do next. 

Last known info I’m aware of is that the Southern District of New York has denied Elliott's request for an emergency injunction & Elliott is now waiting for a decision from the Second Circuit. However, that info was from yesterday and who knows what has happened since then. 

Personally, I’m curious if anyone who follows more people on Twitter that I do or is closer to the case/ has more legal knowledge than myself has any new news on this case as well. That’s why I come to this page. 
I am.

https://twitter.com/PeteBrush/status/925690989142073344

https://twitter.com/PeteBrush/status/925694472582725633

https://twitter.com/PeteBrush/status/925695664197120000

https://twitter.com/PeteBrush/status/925698741016948737

You're welcome guys.

FWIW, 2nd Circuit is not open on Thursdays or Fridays.

Pete Brush‏ @PeteBrush 1h1 hour ago
2nd Circ. isn't even scheduled to be open Thurs. and Fri. They could hold an emergency hearing, or squeeze Zeke in today. Or take a knee

FWIW, 2nd Circuit is not open on Thursdays or Fridays.

Pete Brush‏ @PeteBrush 1h1 hour ago
2nd Circ. isn't even scheduled to be open Thurs. and Fri. They could hold an emergency hearing, or squeeze Zeke in today. Or take a knee
How do I sign up for that gig?

Pete Brush‏ @PeteBrush 29m29 minutes ago
2nd Circuit on its planned calendar today. I'm told Zeke would likely be up Tuesday earliest for circuit's regular motions calenda

2nd Circuit on its planned calendar today. I'm told Zeke would likely be up Tuesday earliest for circuit's regular motions calenda
So would anything happen if he misses one game, but then wins on Tuesday somehow?  He essentially would have served 1 game suspension when found innocent. This is all stupid.

That sounds like he's staying suspended. Could be wrong but would think they'd otherwise get this figured out before the horse leaves the barn. 

So would anything happen if he misses one game, but then wins on Tuesday somehow?  He essentially would have served 1 game suspension when found innocent. This is all stupid.
His motion with the 2nd circuit is not to determine guilt or innocence.

There's no finding innocent with any decision that might be made Tuesday.  AFAIK, that would be just a decision about whether they will over-rule Failla and put his suspension on hold until the case has been decided.  IF they decide Tuesday to do that, he will have served 1 game of his suspension.  If he ultimately loses, he will "owe" 5 more games.  If he were to end up with no suspension at all, he would be reimbursed for the salary of the 1 game suspension that he served.

Not only would he win the money back from his suspension, he would also now have a lawsuit against the league forged from the irreparable harm and there for would get some pretty lofty monetary judgement if he wins that lawsuit. That would not fall under a CBA or LMRA, that would be under good old fashion let the jury decide.

Not only would he win the money back from his suspension, he would also now have a lawsuit against the league forged from the irreparable harm and there for would get some pretty lofty monetary judgement if he wins that lawsuit. That would not fall under a CBA or LMRA, that would be under good old fashion let the jury decide.
Possibly, but that sounds like a slippery slope. This would air a lot of dirty laundry for Zeke.

I'm pretty sure Zeke doesn' want to open that door. If he does something like that, all of his shortcomings and infractions are going to be made public. He would gladly swallow that one game missed then to have all that happen.

If the scenario I posed did play out that well, Zeke would have grounds for a lawsuit.  However, that scenario is unlikely.  He's going to lose & serve the suspension, IMO.  Even the experts who believed that Zeke would be able to get enough TROs, injuctions, stays, etc to play this entire year have said all along that he would serve the suspension at some point.  Even in a best case scenario, where the 2nd ignores their own precedent & says Goodell was unfair, they'd most likely order Goodell to redo the discipline process, and make the "unfair" stuff "fair."  In that case, Goodell could consider the advice of the NFL's investigator, interview the ex-girlfriend, etc, etc, and still hand down a 6 game suspension.  If that happens, Zeke's grounds for a lawsuit essentially vanish.

You don't get to sue for irreparable harm when the courts don't side with you.  That's not how this works.

Kate Hairopoulos‏Verified account @khairopoulos 17m17 minutes ago

NFLPA asks 2nd Circuit for a stay in time for Elliott to play vs. Chiefs on Sunday

Kate Hairopoulos‏Verified account @khairopoulos 8m8 minutes ago

NFLPA: While it's true the Commissioner has discretion, he has no bargained-for authority to ruin lives & careers in violation of CBA rights

NFLPA: While it's true the Commissioner has discretion, he has no bargained-for authority to ruin lives & careers in violation of CBA rights
In the Brady case, it has already been established that the court will give a broad berth in allowing the commissioner to impose sanctions, even if the process does not fully comply within labor laws, as long as they league sticks mostly within the framework of the CBA.

IMO, it is going to be nearly impossible for Elliott to show that the league didn't follow the arbitration process outlined in the CBA and that his CBA rights have been violated. There is nothing spelled out in the CBA indicating who may or may not be called as witnesses, what documents have to be shared, what constitutes "full cooperation," etc. His best argument is that the process was blatantly unfair, but that argument got tossed in the Deflategate case. We learned then that the league doesn't even need evidence (as they testified to in open court with Brady) to reach their conclusions.

Oh geez.  I'd say the guy raising his hand and roughing up women is the one ruining lives. I've asked this numerous times and never get an answer...what does Goodell have to gain by keeping the league's best players and biggest draws off the field?   It's a terrible business model. Goodell has heard 100 times more information on this case than any of us have. If you want to argue that it should be 4 games instead of 6, that's reasonable. To pretend that goodell is randomly ruining lives is allowing fantasy football to mess with your logic. 

In the Brady case, it has already been established that the court will give a broad berth in allowing the commissioner to impose sanctions, even if the processes does not fully comply within labor laws, as long as they league sticks mostly within the framework of the CBA.

IMO, it is going to be nearly impossible for Elliott to show that the league didn't follow the arbitration process outlined in the CBA and that his CBA rights have been violated. There is nothing spelled out in the CBA indicating who may or may not be called as witnesses, what documents have to be shared, what constitutes "full cooperation," etc. His best argument is that the process was blatantly unfair, but that argument got tossed in the Deflategate case. We learned then that the league doesn't even need evidence (as they testified to in open court with Brady) to reach their conclusions.
Exactly - But pushing it back till Tuesday and granting a 5 day stay until they can hear the case  just seems most logical.  If he wins Tuesday, which is extremely unlikely, he gets his game check back but nothing else.

In the Brady case, it has already been established that the court will give a broad berth in allowing the commissioner to impose sanctions, even if the processes does not fully comply within labor laws, as long as they league sticks mostly within the framework of the CBA.

Disagree with the bolded.  The NFL can't get away with skirting labor laws.

And strike "mostly".  They have to comply with the CBA, period.

The rest, spot on.

Disagree with the bolded.  The NFL can't get away with skirting labor laws.

And strike "mostly".  They have to comply with the CBA, period.

The rest, spot on.
In one of the court's opinions this week, the judge cited that the commissioner could stray from labor laws some as long as the process as a whole stayed close to the provisions set forth in the CBA. That's the issue for the players . . . not much of the process or steps is clearly spelled out in the CBA, so the league will get the benefit of the doubt in how to interpret it.

This is a Joke right?  Ruining lives? LOL

My man you have a great talent and massive paychecks in front of you, the only person that could ruin it is you.  Stay out of situations that could lead to trouble....simple

This is a Joke right?  Ruining lives? LOL

My man you have a great talent and massive paychecks in front of you, the only person that could ruin it is you.  Stay out of situations that could lead to trouble....simple
It's crazy how people are trying to turn this guy into Tim Tebow. We don't know all the details but to imply that he's some innocent victim after knowing all the character issues, is just being a blind fan. 

It's crazy how people are trying to turn this guy into Tim Tebow. We don't know all the details but to imply that he's some innocent victim after knowing all the character issues, is just being a blind fan. 
Or an Ezekiel Elliot owner in Fantasy. Here's the other thing I read in a tweet response

Lucas‏ @LegendaryLB66  11m

Replying to @ZachZagger @PeteBrush

No judge is going to make precedent that requires the dv victim to be cross examined under that cba

Users who are viewing this thread