What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Javonte Williams, DEN (4 Viewers)

We all have one of those guys we like more then we should. Williams is that guy for me. So talented. Feel like I'm always waiting for that big game that defines his value. Just never comes. Week in and week out I plug him into my lineup and he underperforms.

Home game against Patriots. Patriots do most things poorly. One thing they do well is stop the run. I'm on the fence on starting him. Game script will be in his favor. Is this a 20 carry 45 yard game?

We all have one of those guys we like more then we should. Williams is that guy for me. So talented. Feel like I'm always waiting for that big game that defines his value. Just never comes. Week in and week out I plug him into my lineup and he underperforms.

Home game against Patriots. Patriots do most things poorly. One thing they do well is stop the run. I'm on the fence on starting him. Game script will be in his favor. Is this a 20 carry 45 yard game?
I think he has an Al Bundy game this week :)

Your not helping. My love for him already blinds me and now u bring up Mr. Bundy? Ha ha

Javonte has been my flex for most of the year. I've been obsessed looking for a replacement this week in a tough matchup. Then some random tweet from some guy I've never heard of spoke to me. Like biblically spoke to me.

Kyle Lindemann
@LuckIsMadeFF
Overthinking your start/sit decisions for this weekend can be agonizing, but if there’s one principle I’ve always lived by in fantasy it’s this: Ride or Die with the guys who got you here.

I actually had to look that up. That would be awesome. I am more concerned with 15 carries for 35 yards, no TDs, and few, if any catches. I have McBride and LaPorta at TE and tempted to bench Williams for a safer floor and the possibility of a decent ceiling. Will be pulling out what little hair I have left on top of my head before the games tomorrow...

What's the outlook for Javonte in this Wilson-less offense? Does Payton go very run heavy? How much of a committee is it going to be?
Payton may not have much of a choice, given his options at QB right now. A healthy Javonte starts or leads a committee at a minimum. If he's ever going to break out, this is the year. He's their best between-the-tackles runner and should be targeted on a lot of check down passes, and he is their goal line back. I like his outlook a lot assuming the knee is 100%.

It hurts Williams efficiency
From just the RB position I expect Williams to be better with one more offseason to keep rehabing and to get 100%. If Williams can play the Ingram role like how NO's offense ran he could get a good number of carries, especially in the red zone. The question comes - how good will this offense be and will they be able to score points.

From Williams perspective I expect him to be a better runner this year. Have to see how this offense looks come September.

It hurts Williams efficiency
From just the RB position I expect Williams to be better with one more offseason to keep rehabing and to get 100%. If Williams can play the Ingram role like how NO's offense ran he could get a good number of carries, especially in the red zone. The question comes - how good will this offense be and will they be able to score points.

From Williams perspective I expect him to be a better runner this year. Have to see how this offense looks come September.
Very true. His return to form after injury just might offset the downgrade in QB from an efficiency standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread