What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jaylen Wright, MIA (1 Viewer)

I have mini man crush on Wright. Not have my baby man crush, but a crush nonetheless.
I'm with you there. It is very hard as a MIA fan to stay grounded though... Wright could be that guy getting 15+ carries a game with Achane mixing in with his 8-10 carries (and 5 targets). It may not happen for 2024 though but that is fine in dynasty. Re-draft/this year I need more info and see how training camp and pre-season play out.

Every rookie is over-hyped right now.

Great post by @menobrown

I like to look through the game logs https://www.footballguys.com/stats/game-logs/teams?team=MIA&year=2023

Achane week 13-18- averaged about 10.6 carries and 2.8 catches for 77 yards and 4 TDs = This would be RB2ish 14.5 points per game

Miami Total RB rushes and catches from week 11 on- avg 26.25 rushes, 5.125 catches.

One would suppose that it's Achane in the 9-12 rush/ 3 tgts per game range with other 14-18 rushes and 3 tgts going mostly to Mostert.
If one of Mostert or Achane goes down, Wright would see 10 rushes per game or so with whoever else is healthy getting an uptick. I don't see anyone taking over this backfield and Wright won't be a league winning guy this year. Maybe next year he'll have contingent upside but still go into redraft season assumed to be the less ppr friendly half of the backfield split with Achane.

I need to look into Achane's ADP- I've done almost zero in-season prep work so curious to see where he's going.

Great post by @menobrown

I like to look through the game logs https://www.footballguys.com/stats/game-logs/teams?team=MIA&year=2023

Achane week 13-18- averaged about 10.6 carries and 2.8 catches for 77 yards and 4 TDs = This would be RB2ish 14.5 points per game

Miami Total RB rushes and catches from week 11 on- avg 26.25 rushes, 5.125 catches.

One would suppose that it's Achane in the 9-12 rush/ 3 tgts per game range with other 14-18 rushes and 3 tgts going mostly to Mostert.
If one of Mostert or Achane goes down, Wright would see 10 rushes per game or so with whoever else is healthy getting an uptick. I don't see anyone taking over this backfield and Wright won't be a league winning guy this year. Maybe next year he'll have contingent upside but still go into redraft season assumed to be the less ppr friendly half of the backfield split with Achane.

I need to look into Achane's ADP- I've done almost zero in-season prep work so curious to see where he's going.
If Wright ends up winning the 3rd RB spot this year (I hope he does) then wheels up. If they trust the vets more for 2024 (Wilson, Brooks and they still have Ahmed on the team) then it is a long road for Wright in 2024.

This is the same for every rookie coming into the league with established vets in front of them. The vets HAVE done it before and until the rookies prove they are better it isn't a slam dunk. I think it would be great long term for Wright and Achane to be the guys but for now the coaches love Mostert and have Wilson there for a reason. He's a solid RB that knows the playbook and is trusted by the coaches.

I hope Wright can outplay Wilson, Ahmed and eventually Mostert but right now I can't do that in redraft leagues. WIlson and Ahmed could be cut this year and if so that means Wright is making progess but until then he's just a hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread