What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jeff Wilson, MIA (1 Viewer)

Guys, he was a great start. Benching him for anything other than a Chubb, McCaffrey, Saquon type of player would have been overthinking.

Unfortunately the Texans are even worse than advertised and the Dolphins get an extra bye. It happens, but it was still a good start.

Won despite him, but yes, he wont see my starting lineup again.
That would be a mistake unless you have to other studs. He got hurt and was not needed. Any RB on this offense is valuable.
Yeah, the whole game was off for FF. The defensive TD and another near defensive TD put the game out of reach. Tua took a bad hit and they just shut the offense down when they were up 30-0. If the Texans had put some points on the board in the first half, Tua may have thrown the ball 60 times. Instead, took almost the entire 2nd half off.

Last edited:
That would be a mistake unless you have to other studs. He got hurt and was not needed. Any RB on this offense is valuable.
Mixon (not sure if that's a better option, lol) and Stevenson, Pacheco, Patterson and Mostert...we can start 1 RB and 4 WRs and I'm fairly stacked at WR (Diggs, Evans, Hopkins, Higgins, Lockett, Burks)

I have no idea what Miami was doing after they were up big. Tua and Thompson almost got killed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team give up 6-7 sacks when up 30. Run the freakin ball. Almost ruined their season. What happens when a HC gets cute. You had the metrics. You had the game script. You just ignored them. Glad Tua didn’t get knocked out.

Yes it was disappointing, but these things happen in FF often. I'm sure Hill and Waddle owners expected more as well, but it was a weird game for all their weapons once that big lead was gained.

Miami is a passing team, the RB will beg for scraps on this team, many games.

He will more than likely be planted on my bench moving forward, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

I have no idea what Miami was doing after they were up big. Tua and Thompson almost got killed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team give up 6-7 sacks when up 30. Run the freakin ball. Almost ruined their season. What happens when a HC gets cute. You had the metrics. You had the game script. You just ignored them. Glad Tua didn’t get knocked out.
Both starting Tackles on the OL left the game when it was 30-0

So why keep dropping back to pass? Normal teams run the clock. Don't get me wrong. I think Mike so far is a great HC. But I didn't understand this at all. Even when Houston started scoring he had drives that lasted 30 seconds. 2 incompletes and a sack. Just give Houston the ball back. Made zero sense.

Miami is a passing team, the RB will beg for scraps on this team, many games.

He will more than likely be planted on my bench moving forward, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me
He didn't even have a "bad" game, and that was with an unfortunate game script, a mid game injury, and the starting QB taken out.

So why keep dropping back to pass? Normal teams run the clock. Don't get me wrong. I think Mike so far is a great HC. But I didn't understand this at all. Even when Houston started scoring he had drives that lasted 30 seconds. 2 incompletes and a sack. Just give Houston the ball back. Made zero sense.
Yeah this seemed dumb. Even Kansas City was going to same thing last night.
Sometimes things are viewed as "playing not to lose" when in reality it's playing to win.

He is by far not the reason anyone lost a match this week. It was dependable rb2 numbers. If you projected high end rb1 numbers and caused you to make other start sit decisions, then yes I can see where it went wrong. In a 12 teamer I’ll take 11 from my rb2

Although the Dolphins next 5 opponents (Niners, Chargers, Bills, Packers, Patriots) are considerably tougher than their previous 5 opponents (Steelers, Lions,Bears, Browns and Texans). I wouldn't say Wilson is a "set it and forget it" option at RB.

Although the Dolphins next 5 opponents (Niners, Chargers, Bills, Packers, Patriots) are considerably tougher than their previous 5 opponents (Steelers, Lions,Bears, Browns and Texans). I wouldn't say Wilson is a "set it and forget it" option at RB.
I would say revenge game vs SF but they actually did him a solid by shipping him off to Miami. That is brutal SF is one of the top run DF's just in time for the FFPC playoffs.

13 carries for 39 yards and 1 reception Against an awful run D,

Thanks for the loss Wilson

Curious on the rest of your line-up if wins/losses hinge on a journeyman RB to shoulder the load.
Needed him this week to have a good week due to injury and bye issues.

Am definitely not depending on his sorry *** to help me as a RB1 lol

He will be firmly planted on the bench, may see a flex spot play, doubtful but maybe

Curious on the rest of your line-up if wins/losses hinge on a journeyman RB to shoulder the load.

He will be firmly planted on the bench, may see a flex spot play, doubtful but maybe
"Sorry ***"

He lit it up since he arrived from SF and had to exit the game with a dehydration cramp in his calf muscle, it was 95 degrees on the field at Hard Rock plus humidity, you should try that sometime yourself and see what happens. And this was AFTER he scored a TD in the 1st Half of a 30-0 blowout where 2 starting OL also exited the game.

Was his snap count vs production that far off from his previous 2 outings?

Talk nasty about all the Miami Dolphins but this kind of post sounds foolish and has very little merit behind it.
There's threads devoted to injuries and poor performances.
And if there isn't, maybe you should launch a weekly "Sorry-*** Busts"
I'm sure it will be a huge hit in here.
Good day to you
;)

This was prob the last time I have him slotted in my lineup (for ETN and Rhamondre in my RB spots). After this game he lost the flex spot to Christian Watson and then Zeke week 14 vs Houston vs Jeff vs LAC. Thankfully didn’t lose because of him or ETN’s performances.

With Mostert out in a gme they should win easily, and went up very big early with defensive TDs helping, perhaps they didn't want to use Wilson a ton when up huge.

People are whining about him? After losing Breece Hall this year in dynasty, I'm thrilled to have held onto this guy and I'm trotting him out as RB2 (Sanders is my RB1 since Hall went down) along with D'onta Foreman and Cordarrelle if need be. And my team ain't ugly in terms of points scored (third place overall by a wisp). I think people were expecting way too much of a guy that's going to get fifteen-twenty touches maximum. That's what his body is cut out for and that's what the coaches do.

Caveat emptor, I guess, because his performance wasn't that bad.

Just hope Wilson can have a "revenge" game so to speak against the 49ers but the 49ers run defense seems shut down. Plus Shanny knows his tendencies more than anything so it could be a meh game this week.

Tough match up for sure. It's okay. He'll shine when healthy. He's in both my lineups in the Flex position.

I still think Jeff Wilson, Jr. can contribute to a league winning team.

Chiefs hung 44 on this defense. 49ers have been playing lights out but looking at that schedule shows they've benefitted from some struggling offenses. If Tua gets protection then the passing game can keep them honest and open up some lanes for Wilson.

"Sorry ***"

He lit it up since he arrived from SF and had to exit the game with a dehydration cramp in his calf muscle, it was 95 degrees on the field at Hard Rock plus humidity, you should try that sometime yourself and see what happens. And this was AFTER he scored a TD in the 1st Half of a 30-0 blowout where 2 starting OL also exited the game.

Talk nasty about all the Miami Dolphins but this kind of post sounds foolish and has very little merit behind it.
Good day to you
;)
Lol, what? He's not allowed to express disappointment about Wilson's performance because he couldn't replicate a pro athlete's output in challenging conditions?
Was Wilson's output that different from his previous two outings? Yes, it was. He averaged 3 ypc when he was far above that on the previous 2 games. After Wilson's performance vs the Browns people were expecting a blowup game from Wilson vs the "worst team in the league". His numbers fell far short of that, so it was a disappointing performance by Wilson.

"Sorry ***"

Good day to you
;)
Lol, what? He's not allowed to express disappointment about Wilson's performance because he couldn't replicate a pro athlete's output in challenging conditions?
Was Wilson's output that different from his previous two outings? Yes, it was. He averaged 3 ypc when he was far above that on the previous 2 games. After Wilson's performance vs the Browns people were expecting a blowup game from Wilson vs the "worst team in the league". His numbers fell far short of that, so it was a disappointing performance by Wilson.
Wilson had 12+ in one Half of a 30-0 blowout
That's like 24 if the game were even close and like I mentioned, Wilson went to the locker room, there seems to be immense disappointment when a player is injured but this felt like a lot more than just sorrow over an injury, sounds more like whining about Wilson's production which was actually pretty spot on for 2 quarters of football
30-0 at the Half, I was happy Miami didn't run him much in the 2nd Half.

Tua 1 TD
Wilson 1 TD
Defense 1 TD
Several FGs
30-0

I don't understand the disappointment but that's me
Appreciate you NE
Cheers!

"Sorry ***"

Good day to you
;)
That's like 24 if the game were even close and like I mentioned, Wilson went to the locker room, there seems to be immense disappointment when a player is injured but this felt like a lot more than just sorrow over an injury, sounds more like whining about Wilson's production which was actually pretty spot on for 2 quarters of football

Tua 1 TD
Wilson 1 TD
Defense 1 TD
Several FGs
30-0

Appreciate you NE
Cheers!
OK, but explain to me the need for you to state , it was 95 degrees on the field at Hard Rock plus humidity, you should try that sometime yourself and see what happens.
I could never duplicate the one handed grab Justin Jefferson made this season, so that means I can't express disappointment when he falls short of expectations in a given week?

"Sorry ***"

Good day to you
;)

Tua 1 TD
Wilson 1 TD
Defense 1 TD
Several FGs
30-0

Appreciate you NE
Cheers!
OK, but explain to me the need for you to state , it was 95 degrees on the field at Hard Rock plus humidity, you should try that sometime yourself and see what happens.
I could never duplicate the one handed grab Justin Jefferson made this season, so that means I can't express disappointment when he falls short of expectations in a given week?
Someone felt the need to write Jeff Wilson was a "Sorry ***" and MOP set the record straight about what happened on Sunday as I watched every snap.
You felt the need to defend that person instead of debating Wilson, you went after MOP/Moi and that typically isn't protocol around here.
After yours truly goes thru and outlines with facts that Wilson was in fact not a "Sorry ***"
Your response to that is going after the poster again and in this case it's MOP which is how we got here and has nothing to do with what you keep highlighting in bold.
I know I'm an easy target and bring it on myself which is why i usually just keep truckin' however...

I stand by everything I wrote and you seem to have missed a key point which I listed prior to that bolded sentence so i'll repeat it in greater detail right now
I play tennis a lot in the blazing Florida heat and played 2 sets Sunday Morning and developed a very similar cramp as the one Jeff Wilson had in the football game.
It was humid on Sunday around South Florida especially along the coastal areas.
Maybe we just got some signals crossed
Cheers!

Last edited:

"Sorry ***"

Good day to you
;)

Tua 1 TD
Wilson 1 TD
Defense 1 TD
Several FGs
30-0

Appreciate you NE
Cheers!
Someone felt the need to write Jeff Wilson was a "Sorry ***" and MOP set the record straight about what happened on Sunday as I watched every snap.
You felt the need to defend that person instead of debating Wilson, you went after MOP/Moi and that typically isn't protocol around here.
After yours truly goes thru and outlines with facts that Wilson was in fact not a "Sorry ***"
Your response to that is going after the poster again and in this case it's MOP which is how we got here and has nothing to do with what you keep highlighting in bold.
I know I'm an easy target and bring it on myself which is why i usually just keep truckin' however...

I stand by everything I wrote and you seem to have missed a key point which I listed prior to that bolded sentence so i'll repeat it in greater detail right now
I play tennis a lot in the blazing Florida heat and played 2 sets Sunday Morning and developed a very similar cramp as the one Jeff Wilson had in the football game.
It was humid on Sunday around South Florida especially along the coastal areas.
Maybe we just got some signals crossed
Cheers!
I'm just going to give up. You have your shtick around here and you refuse to deviate from it (referring to yourself in the 3rd person, really?). You feel attacked by me? That's too bad. My intent was to point out it was odd to criticize the poster's opinion because he couldn't do any better in the challenging weather conditions Wilson faced. You are comparing an average Joe to a professional athlete that has access to nutrition and hydration products and expertise that the Joe never will.

But, I'm sure Wilson will rest easy tonight knowing MOP has his back because he got a similar cramp when he played tennis Sunday morning.

What the **** *** was that man. And to think I could’ve had Pacheco the week wilson was projected to go nuclear on the Texans. Sometimes you should take trades that don’t make sense (combo of players plus Pacheco) because this game makes no sense. Absolutely insane they didn’t run at all

Users who are viewing this thread