What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jerome Ford, CLE (1 Viewer)

He`s worried about Hunt taking his starting job
You’re probably right
Won't happen
I didn’t know Ford was so special
Its not that Ford is so special...its that Hunt is on the 17th hole and now showing up on injury reports more and more. Guy was allowed to walk. Those who argue it was just about the money are fooling themselves.
It absolutely was about the $$$. They had Nick Chubb! They acquired Hunt at a severe discount because of his off field baggage carried over from KC. Hunt is not gonna break a 70 yarder like Ford, but he's better in pass protection, pass catching and the preferred red zone RB. I don't why people discount his value.
Maybe because he is older and could very well regress to the less than stellar human he previously was found guilty of being.
Ford is 24 and Hunt just turned 28 ,Chubb is 27

just sayin
So Hunt is the oldest? Ok

You’re probably right
Won't happen
Its not that Ford is so special...its that Hunt is on the 17th hole and now showing up on injury reports more and more. Guy was allowed to walk. Those who argue it was just about the money are fooling themselves.
It absolutely was about the $$$. They had Nick Chubb! They acquired Hunt at a severe discount because of his off field baggage carried over from KC. Hunt is not gonna break a 70 yarder like Ford, but he's better in pass protection, pass catching and the preferred red zone RB. I don't why people discount his value.
Maybe because he is older and could very well regress to the less than stellar human he previously was found guilty of being.
Ford is 24 and Hunt just turned 28 ,Chubb is 27

just sayin
So Hunt is the oldest? Ok
great discussion, enjoy the games Sunday my friend

You’re probably right
Won't happen
You provided no rebuttal. I'm not here to discuss or defend his off field issues. That has nothing to do with his on field performance. He's played well with his role which continues to grow and has a nose for the endzone. Still not sure of your argument

Last edited:
That was such an odd game for him. No idea what the gameplan was.

I figured he didn’t feel right after the first carry. Then he was out for what felt like 3 quarters only to magically reappear in the 4th.

And it was even more odd because it felt like Pierre and Hunt were running pretty well and taking care of the ball.

He’s back in

If Chubb is healthy, Ford isn't going to be the starter. Is that what you are asking?

Chubb just had ACL surgery on top of his MCL surgery. I think Chubb's timetable is sometime in 2024, not the beginning of.
Plus, who knows what kind of explosiveness he may have lost - even if slight - with the injury. And not like Chubb is exactly a spring chicken in RB years.

Yes, that's true, but I certainly won't count Chubb out. He's the rare athletic specimen that can actually come back from this type of injury at this age. Will he? I don't know, but I wouldn't bet against him.

If Chubb is healthy, Ford isn't going to be the starter. Is that what you are asking?

Chubb just had ACL surgery on top of his MCL surgery. I think Chubb's timetable is sometime in 2024, not the beginning of.
Plus, who knows what kind of explosiveness he may have lost - even if slight - with the injury. And not like Chubb is exactly a spring chicken in RB years.

Yes, that's true, but I certainly won't count Chubb out. He's the rare athletic specimen that can actually come back from this type of injury at this age. Will he? I don't know, but I wouldn't bet against him.
Fair - he's not quite at that 1500 (somewhat arbitrary) carry mark where RBs fall off the cliff - still at 1238 plus 123 receptions. I agree he's more Derrick Henry than your traditional RB, but it doesn't take much to be a dominant RB and just an effective one.

Also if he's medically cleared they can release Chubb and save over $12m on the cap. Because he's such a highly respected player on and off the field I don't think they will, but if they were just making a cold hearted football decision it's hard to justify paying that much to a RB who likely won't be available for a good chunk of the season and may not be himself at any point.

It is, but as was already stated before I got back to this:

1. Chubb has a long road ahead of him to being Chubb again

2. I’m clueless about contract situations and maybe he’s done enough to be the 1 elsewhere…

…or is he just D’Ernest Johnson 2: Not-so-electric Bugaloo

As crazy as it sounds to say it, this year Cleveland is that team that nobody is going to want to play in the playoffs. There is always one team in the dance that nobody thinks has legit SB possibilities, but that you really don't want to have to play. As Ford is concerned, love seeing him excel and expect them to ride him hard. They're going to be a really tough out. They're going to be on the road vs the AFC South winner (Indy?) or KC, who has played terribly and has first round exit written all over them if they don't get it together. Cleveland at Miami in the divisional and the dream dies but not who the Fins would want most likely.

Last edited:
As crazy as it sounds to say it, this year Cleveland is that team that nobody is going to want to play in the playoffs. There is always one team in the dance that nobody thinks has legit SB possibilities, but that you really don't want to have to play. As Ford is concerned, love seeing him excel and expect them to ride him hard. They're going to be a really tough out. They're going to be on the road vs the AFC North winner (Indy?) or KC, who has played terribly and has first round exit written all over them if they don't get it together. Cleveland at Miami in the divisional and the dream dies but not who the Fins would want most likely.
Agree though I think they will likely be playing the winner of the AFC South(Indy, Jax or HOU) which is an ideal matchup.

Was just saying something about this in the Flacco thread but he was really great during his SB run years ago. He won't be rattled and the moment won't be to big for him and in round one against Trevor, Minshew and a rookie that could be a big deal.

We actually got a chance he could end up back in Baltimore against the Ravens in the divisional round. Good theater.

As for Ford's prospects next year I'd say that ironically he might stand a better shot of a sizeable role if the team feels good about Chubb's recovery. If they don't, or think(as I do) that' he's not going to be ready to play mid season or later(at best) then that will likely have them prioritizing bringing in another quality RB who would likely be a RBBC with Ford. To be clear they are likely bringing in another RB regardless, just impacts how much of a priority they place on it.

I owned Ford a ton in redraft but only have him on one dynasty team and that was a trade deadline deal where I acquired him for some depth. I did not really think of him as a keeper but I'm leaning that way now.

As crazy as it sounds to say it, this year Cleveland is that team that nobody is going to want to play in the playoffs. There is always one team in the dance that nobody thinks has legit SB possibilities, but that you really don't want to have to play. As Ford is concerned, love seeing him excel and expect them to ride him hard. They're going to be a really tough out. They're going to be on the road vs the AFC North winner (Indy?) or KC, who has played terribly and has first round exit written all over them if they don't get it together. Cleveland at Miami in the divisional and the dream dies but not who the Fins would want most likely.
Agree though I think they will likely be playing the winner of the AFC South(Indy, Jax or HOU) which is an ideal matchup.

Was just saying something about this in the Flacco thread but he was really great during his SB run years ago. He won't be rattled and the moment won't be to big for him and in round one against Trevor, Minshew and a rookie that could be a big deal.

We actually got a chance he could end up back in Baltimore against the Ravens in the divisional round. Good theater.

As for Ford's prospects next year I'd say that ironically he might stand a better shot of a sizeable role if the team feels good about Chubb's recovery. If they don't, or think(as I do) that' he's not going to be ready to play mid season or later(at best) then that will likely have them prioritizing bringing in another quality RB who would likely be a RBBC with Ford. To be clear they are likely bringing in another RB regardless, just impacts how much of a priority they place on it.

I owned Ford a ton in redraft but only have him on one dynasty team and that was a trade deadline deal where I acquired him for some depth. I did not really think of him as a keeper but I'm leaning that way now.
I meant to say South - was thinking Indy

I have Buffalo beating KC in the WC round and then they go to Baltimore and Cleveland goes to Miami but yeah the Flacco/Baltimore narrative would be fun.

I mean the guy looks phenomenal. Chubb is one of the best in the league but what do you do with this guy when he looks so good.
Yeah I watched pretty much all of that jets game last night and he looked fantastic against a very solid defense. He’s got some moves for sure, created more than was blocked on several occasions

He keeps solidifying his prospects for next season.
Will be interesting to see his role next year if Chubb makes it back. Perhaps a Henry/Spears type situation.
50/50 to start and if Chubb returns to 90+% of what he was then Chubb returns to his ~17+ touch role and Ford gets what's left.
I'll be surprised if Chubb is playing before week 5 at the earliest.
Me too.

Users who are viewing this thread