What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joshua Kelley, LAC (1 Viewer)

17-85 and a TD this week

I'm calling it right now .... why? because he's on my bench, and that's what happens with me

MN is middle ranked against the rush, Chargers will score points,

He could run for 170/2 and I wouldn't feel bad for not starting him. He's been nothing special his entire career. He had a nice day in the week 1 shootout but he just isn't a RB1 in reality or fantasy. If he's huge for somebody, great. I don't have any confidence in him, so I'm happy to put someone else in there.
you guys need to reconsider not starting him.

I was watching video of Kelley and the more I see the more I really like him. He is not a JAG, this guy has some real skills. What I noticed is he hits the hole quick and hits it hard. He has great 1st cut ability going to the left or right. He gets to top speed fast. He can push the pile a little and fights for that extra yard. I’m expecting a very good week from him against the Vikings. IMO he’s a top 5 play at RB this week. How’s that for a BOLD prediction?

Chargers run blocking has been bad the last few years. Injured o-line etc. They looked great all preseason and week 1. Not going to toss their running game after 1 week vs the Titans. If they don’t do better today vs the Vikings then all bets are off going forward.

Not watching the game. The guy has 5 carries. I don't know what they're doing or why this is, maybe he's just bad and that's why. But I find it hard to dismiss someone based on 5 touches. Useless usage in a close game.

Turd alert. 2 bad games in a row. Doesn't help that the chargers refuse to try to run.

Vikings defense is not good.

Week 1 splitting carries with Ekeler he gets 15.1 points. Weeks 2+3 w/o Ekeler gets 6.6 points combined. WTF. And somehow manages to get fewer points against the horrible Vikes run D than he did against the elite Titans run D. Just terrible

17-85 and a TD this week

I'm calling it right now .... why? because he's on my bench, and that's what happens with me

MN is middle ranked against the rush, Chargers will score points,

He could run for 170/2 and I wouldn't feel bad for not starting him. He's been nothing special his entire career. He had a nice day in the week 1 shootout but he just isn't a RB1 in reality or fantasy. If he's huge for somebody, great. I don't have any confidence in him, so I'm happy to put someone else in there.
you guys need to reconsider not starting him.
I'm good. He was awful, but even if he wasn't I'm not buying. I'm done with Kelley for fantasy purposes.

Ekeler owner, and after week 1 I made an offer for Kelley that included Jerome Ford. It was rejected with no counter. Sometimes the deals you don't make end up saving your bacon.
LOL, I'm in same boat. Dynasty league -- have made several offers for Kelley...including Swift/2nd for Kelley/3rd (prior to Swift's big game). Every offer has been turned down. Bullet dodged.

This seems to happen more often than not. You draft what is deemed a premiere handcuff, the handcuff gets his opportunity, and the handcuff ends up being really bad at playing football and shows everyone why they are a backup.

This Spiller guy must be really really bad
Yup.

I remember there being some buzz about Spiller as a college prospect. First time I tried to watch him he wasn't even playing in the game I watched for some reason. 2nd game I watched of him he looked terrible and I regretted every moment I had wasted on the guy.

I am surprised anyone thought Josh Kelley would be any good. He proved he sucked before this season when he got a chance to show his stuff too.

He made the Vikings defense look decent and I know for a fact they are not.

Worst faab decision I’ve made. Missed out on puka, Kyren, and now less money for ford and achane. Season losing faab investment. See ya bud
Same here. By far the worst move Ive made in fantasy in a long time. Also passed on Puka and Kyren for him. Also, couldnt bid on Ford because I bid on him. Also started him the last two weeks.

It would be different if they actually featured Kelley. You would think that LAC would want to run the ball a ton and keep the MIN offense on the sidelines. But LAC did the exact opposite. Herbert threw the ball 50 or so times yesterday and Kelly only got about 11 carries and quite a few of those were with 1 yard to go situations. It is as if they knew Kelley sucks and Herbert would have to carry them to a victory. Which he did.

Ekeler can't come back quickly enough.

Worst faab decision I’ve made. Missed out on puka, Kyren, and now less money for ford and achane. Season losing faab investment. See ya bud
Same here. By far the worst move Ive made in fantasy in a long time. Also passed on Puka and Kyren for him. Also, couldnt bid on Ford because I bid on him. Also started him the last two weeks.
That sucks. I am an Ekeler owner and I had the 3rd waiver priority and got Kelley as a backup. I wouldn't have got Puka (he went with the 1st priority), and Ford was drafted in this league. I missed out on Kyren and wish I didn't.

Everyone is going to bench him and that will be the time the Chargers decide they want to run and Kelley goes off. Doesn't matter, I'm not playing him. I was wrong about Kelley! I'll probably hang onto him as a deep bench guy and only play him if my team has a lot of injuries

Cut him and then picked him up when Ekeler was looking like he was OUT again, mostly just to stop anyone else from grabbing him and using him against me
What a mistake with Achane still sitting out their on waivers
15 man rosters, not a lot of room for lottery tickets

And the double gut punch would be playing him in the flex over Mostert in some leagues
And as others mentioned he has always been terrible, why did any of us think otherwise?

Speechless. I didn’t watch the guy but unless Minnesota had 8 in the box it makes no sense. Chargers looked like they had finally fixed run blocking this year and they are still terrible. If you can’t get a yard it’s not just the RB. Line/coaching sucks. At least Eck would get catches. Don’t blame anybody for insta-dropping him. I’m too stubborn and will hold on for one more week. Ashamed how much FAAB I spent

So everyone has dropped him, nobody is starting him, this is the week he scores 30?

I need 3 of below, he’s fringe:

Moss, Godwin, J Meyers, Kelley, M Thomas

Order is where I am on PPR

Users who are viewing this thread