What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (2 Viewers)

Which is why people think the women in the video threatened legal action if the video wasn't got the video and told TMZ and then got a nice payday and ruined a guys career. Yeah he's an idiot for baiting but she's no angle herself. 
That was hard to follow but I think you are saying the woman who got kicked ruined the career of a player. I think the player who kicked her ruined his own career. 

Also, I think this is bad news for Foster. I can see him getting cut now just based on the headwind Hunt has created. 

Speaking of that, it makes you wonder about the Hill-Chiefs dynamics moving forward. The Chiefs upper brass can't help but be reminded of Hill's past now. It's a very uncertain line they are walking. 
As long as Hill is on good behavior what are they gonna do? Can't release him for something that happened in college. If you saw an earlier post I made it clear I wished if these guys got into that sort of trouble in College they should be banned from play in the NFL before it starts. Vick being charged with a federal Crime should've been banned for life. Playing in any professional league making thousands and millions is a privilege and not a god given right. You follow the same laws as the rest of us. But unfortunately in our sports world if you are talented enough the baggage you carry doesn't matter. Kaepernick's talent didn't outweigh his baggage and I'm not getting into the kneeling part. Just based off reports from Jay Glazer and others being a terrible teammate among other things. Guy really came off as a huge D-bag who didn't seem to really care about playing. Then the GF made racist comments about the Ravens and he did nothing to separate himself from it. AP has a job because he's talented. Allen Iverson was still employed by the Sixers because he's talented. Todd Bertuzzi? Pacman Jones 

Pretty much. He [Hill] confessed, pled guilty, was kicked out of school, served his punishment, and the Chiefs thought he deserved a second chance after doing a ton of research on him. A lot of people still disagreed with the pick, myself included, but he’s been a great dude in KC and has done a lot of good work for the community. That doesn't erase what he did of course, but I think you can see why the Chiefs saw his second chance as justified.

Hunt, on the other hand, lied to the team about his incident. Some other team may decide to give him a second chance, but it can’t be the Chiefs.
from one of the other threads discussing this. seems logical. whether Hunt will eventually deserve a second chance, we will see i guess.

credit to @bud29 for that post.

Which is why people think the women in the video threatened legal action if the video wasn't got the video and told TMZ and then got a nice payday and ruined a guys career. Yeah he's an idiot for baiting but she's no angle herself. 
Must be difficult to type on a foggy screen from all your mouthbreathing. You've got to be troll posting, yes?

It is hard to explain what went on there. He is really lucky. Being as young as he was probably saved him. People are more forgiving of teens in college than 20 something year old professionals. 
I honestly hate the he's young stuff when young guys act stupid. When you go on to become a pro you need to grow up.I hate when this excuse is used for the 18-21 yrs old NBA players. They chose to go into the working profession. Act like a Professional. If you wanted to act like a college idiot you should've stayed in school because we all know the NCAA is just as guilty of covering these things up. FSU, PSU, USC, OSU, the list goes on. Multi billion dollar industries will do anything to save their bottom line. 

I think someone will sign him. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's roughly the same amount if not more time between now and free agency than there was between the Mixon video and him getting drafted. And of course that video was worse, not to mention Hunt being a proven asset and not just a prospect. 

As long as Hill is on good behavior what are they gonna do? Can't release him for something that happened in college. If you saw an earlier post I made it clear I wished if these guys got into that sort of trouble in College they should be banned from play in the NFL before it starts. Vick being charged with a federal Crime should've been banned for life. Playing in any professional league making thousands and millions is a privilege and not a god given right. You follow the same laws as the rest of us. But unfortunately in our sports world if you are talented enough the baggage you carry doesn't matter. Kaepernick's talent didn't outweigh his baggage and I'm not getting into the kneeling part. Just based off reports from Jay Glazer and others being a terrible teammate among other things. Guy really came off as a huge D-bag who didn't seem to really care about playing. Then the GF made racist comments about the Ravens and he did nothing to separate himself from it. AP has a job because he's talented. Allen Iverson was still employed by the Sixers because he's talented. Todd Bertuzzi? Pacman Jones 
Oh nothing is happening to Hill but the tension/awkwardness might be increased and any leeway he might get in the future,  that has decreased a lot. 

That was hard to follow but I think you are saying the woman who got kicked ruined the career of a player. I think the player who kicked her ruined his own career. 
I agree with that but she baited him. If the story being told is accurate of her being kicked out of the party well she provoked him knowing full well which was at stake. It's a scummy move and the player needs to know better. When the incident first occurred I would've went up to them and said hey we know you're underage we can't have you here please leave. Maybe bribe them with some team memorabilia and autographs if needed. If they don't go to your security or whatever and have them removed. If they don't you call management at the apartment complex. If things still don't happen you call the cops.He reacted in heat of the moment and it cost him. However when the cops got there all the stories were so conflicting cops didn't charged Hunt. The Girl being an entitled little brat she is didn't like not getting her way most likely after months trying to get the video probably threatened legal action and got it. Mnute she got it she knew she was sitting on a huge cash deal. So she goes to TMZ and TMZ always pays well for these things because they are scumbags themselves. Video comes out and Hunt is off the team because instead of telling the truth because the charges were dropped he dug himself in a bigger hole. Yes he didn't do himself favors but it's not like she didn't help it happen. 

I am the biggest Spencer Ware fan again. I'd love to see him ball out and reduce Hunt to a "must have been a system back" 

I get called the n word on Xbox like 5 times a week. And I'm white. I can't say I've ever beaten someone for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be difficult to type on a foggy screen from all your mouthbreathing. You've got to be troll posting, yes?
Nothing comes of this if the video isn't released. So who released it? The girl from the stories of what happened seems like an entitled brat. TMZ are known for always looking for juicy stories and videos like this. They don't care who they ruin for it. TMZ aren't the moral angels either. The Charges were dropped because all the people involved had conflicting stories. Reports were saying there was no video evidence till now till police and others knew of a video but for some reason couldn't get a copy of it. Someone eventually got it and sent it to TMZ for a payday. Process of eliminate says it's the girl. 

Oh nothing is happening to Hill but the tension/awkwardness might be increased and any leeway he might get in the future,  that has decreased a lot. 
I think this hurts Foster right now more and anyone else who does this next because we will unfortunately have a next time. 

I don't know, I think he is done. Screams Ray Rice 2.0 to me. I know he is more talented than Rice was at the time of the video release but I think the line is clear. If there is a video, it's game over. 
Disagree.

There was video on Mixon (in college)

Nothing comes of this if the video isn't released. So who released it? The girl from the stories of what happened seems like an entitled brat. 
You have no idea if she's entitled or a brat.

Why do you keep saying this?

And even if she is, a man doesn't get to put his hands on her. 

The end

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think this makes it worse, not better, than you are a pretty good example of privilege and ignorance. 
What I'm saying is that people need to step back and realize words are words. Sticks and stones is a kids saying for a reason. To teach kids to toughen up.  How much violence in this world is caused because some one said mean words to another. 

Anyone defending these actions as she had it coming because she called him the n word needs to reevaluate life because they're doing it wrong.

Even if they do let him back next year, what kind of suspension is he looking at? 6 games? 8? 10?
NFL Rules says 6 games. Anything more and NFLPA will get involved. They may not defend him getting suspended for his actions but they draw a hard line when the league is abusing power as well. League rules NFLPA agreed to says 6 for first offense I believe. Anything less the public is in uproar. 6 games some public up roar but mostly those on their moral high horse thinking he should be done or suspended a year and not know the NFL policy. Anything more and the people looking to go after the league for abuse of power will. 

Keep seeing people congratulate the chiefs for showing "zero tolerance" but can we all agree that if it was Mahomes in that video the chiefs would not have released him?
I think they will find out that Hunt was just as important.  Ware is decent, but he isn't Hunt.

Keep seeing people congratulate the chiefs for showing "zero tolerance" but can we all agree that if it was Mahomes in that video the chiefs would not have released him?
If it was Mahomes, the video would have sold for a lot more to a very different client and we never would have seen it.

What I'm saying is that people need to step back and realize words are words. Sticks and stones is a kids saying for a reason. To teach kids to toughen up.  How much violence in this world is caused because some one said mean words to another. 

Anyone defending these actions as she had it coming because she called him the n word needs to reevaluate life because they're doing it wrong.
Tell that to the black folks who get called that daily? That's like going around as a white person calling a black guy boy. Theres racial undertones and its what masters called their slaves. The N word was a racial derogatory term used in the south to degrade and demean blacks. I'm on the end of no one should say it and I think the whole well he put "a" at the end instead of "er" is complete Bull and copout. I see white cops in my township pull blacks over all the time for no reason. This is why they kneel during games. It maybe words to you but not to them. Your statement is something a racist or ignorant person says or someone with white privilege says. You're better then this statement. 

I agree with that but she baited him. If the story being told is accurate of her being kicked out of the party well she provoked him knowing full well which was at stake. It's a scummy move and the player needs to know better. When the incident first occurred I would've went up to them and said hey we know you're underage we can't have you here please leave. Maybe bribe them with some team memorabilia and autographs if needed. If they don't go to your security or whatever and have them removed. If they don't you call management at the apartment complex. If things still don't happen you call the cops.He reacted in heat of the moment and it cost him. However when the cops got there all the stories were so conflicting cops didn't charged Hunt. The Girl being an entitled little brat she is didn't like not getting her way most likely after months trying to get the video probably threatened legal action and got it. Mnute she got it she knew she was sitting on a huge cash deal. So she goes to TMZ and TMZ always pays well for these things because they are scumbags themselves. Video comes out and Hunt is off the team because instead of telling the truth because the charges were dropped he dug himself in a bigger hole. Yes he didn't do himself favors but it's not like she didn't help it happen. 
Man you really know a lot about the girl. She really set your fantasy football player up. I guess your right, she deserved it. He should have kicked her teeth in.

wow.

Tell that to the black folks who get called that daily? That's like going around as a white person calling a black guy boy. Theres racial undertones and its what masters called their slaves. The N word was a racial derogatory term used in the south to degrade and demean blacks. I'm on the end of no one should say it and I think the whole well he put "a" at the end instead of "er" is complete Bull and copout. I see white cops in my township pull blacks over all the time for no reason. This is why they kneel during games. It maybe words to you but not to them. Your statement is something a racist or ignorant person says or someone with white privilege says. You're better then this statement. 
Take it to the poitical forum

I don't think there is anything anyone could ever say to me that would make me shove a woman like that. But I am a white man that's lived a reasonably privileged life so I don't really know what it's like to be a black man who is called a ####er in the heat of the moment. Nor do I know what has happened in Hunt's life that may give that word additional meaning to him. 

Privileged white guys that think they are the authority on what women or minorities are allowed to be brutally offended by are pretty low down on my respect list. Doesn't excuse what Hunt did and I don't feel the least but sorry for him but it's pretty absurd try and equate what you did which was frankly disgusting, as was what Hunt did. 

The Chiefs also had the Javon Belcher murder/suicide in 2012. He killed his girlfriend. Then drove to the stadium parking lot and killed himself in front of Romeo Crennel IIRC. They played (and won) the next day. Was weeks before Sandy Hook.

People have been persecuted throughout human history. If all of them got so offended over being called a derogatory term, they'd never advance as a society. 

I am white. I don't struggle like African Americans do in this country with having to deal with the subtle undertones of racism. But there's a difference between letting someone rule your life with a word and either laughing at them for the buffons they are or completely ignoring them to make them irrelevant. 

Taking a stand by beating a 19 yo girl does not stop racism. It only enhances it by proving to the racist in their minds that they were right.

When will our society learn the wisest words of the internet. Don't feed the trolls. Racists are trolls. They live to stir up hatred in others. When you get mad, when you fight back, that's their satisfaction. They win. Ignore them and they can't stand it. They disappear knowing that their lives are meaningless. Maybe one day we'll get there. 

Man you really know a lot about the girl. She really set your fantasy football player up. I guess your right, she deserved it. He should have kicked her teeth in.

wow.
Not my fantasy player. League I had him I had ample RB talent to replace him and no money. I'm just disgusted by people who use racial slurs. I see people say well people say things heat of the moment. No thats who they truly are. It's like defending the drunk person for going off on something. No its who they really are and the alcohol finally exposed him. I work with a lot of people this girls age in my job and many of these people here age have absolutely zero respect for authority and are entitled little brats. If that word is coming out of your mouth well you probably are a bit racist. I think the whole heat of the moment or they are drunk are just easy copouts just like when people defend an athlete with Oh he's young. You're a pro athlete mature up and act like an adult or your career is gonna be short. 

I don't think there is anything anyone could ever say to me that would make me shove a woman like that. But I am a white man that's lived a reasonably privileged life so I don't really know what it's like to be a black man who is called a ####er in the heat of the moment. Nor do I know what has happened in Hunt's life that may give that word additional meaning to him. 

Privileged white guys that think they are the authority on what women or minorities are allowed to be brutally offended by are pretty low down on my respect list. Doesn't excuse what Hunt did and I don't feel the least but sorry for him but it's pretty absurd try and equate what you did which was frankly disgusting, as was what Hunt did. 
What I did? Get over yourself. This thread needs to be moved to the politics forum. Too many idiots starting the usual routine. 

People have been persecuted throughout human history. If all of them got so offended over being called a derogatory term, they'd never advance as a society. 

I am white. I don't struggle like African Americans do in this country with having to deal with the subtle undertones of racism. But there's a difference between letting someone rule your life with a word and either laughing at them for the buffons they are or completely ignoring them to make them irrelevant. 

Taking a stand by beating a 19 yo girl does not stop racism. It only enhances it by proving to the racist in their minds that they were right.

When will our society learn the wisest words of the internet. Don't feed the trolls. Racists are trolls. They live to stir up hatred in others. When you get mad, when you fight back, that's their satisfaction. They win. Ignore them and they can't stand it. They disappear knowing that their lives are meaningless. Maybe one day we'll get there. 
Not to turn this into a political much but we won't be there for awhile when we have a voice of reason according to them to come out in droves with the current person holding the highest of offices in America. I'm simple saying your statement there is something many ignorant people on that side of the isle use. It maybe words to you but words can harm people. I read a story of a girl who was teased in school because of her sexuality. She tried talking to her mom about the depression and she was told get over it. 2 weeks later she's found dead jumped off a bridge in the town. You don't know how words effect certain people do to their mental state. You have people hurt by words who then go shoot up places because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread