What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Keaton Mitchell, BAL (1 Viewer)

mrfrood

Footballguy
Interesting stash. Good speed. Baltimore running backs getting injured. Dobbins out for year, now Justice Hill has a toe boo boo. Drake is a flake. Melvin Gordon is old. Gus is not a bus.

Interesting stash. Good speed. Baltimore running backs getting injured. Dobbins out for year, now Justice Hill has a toe boo boo. Drake is a flake. Melvin Gordon is old. Gus is not a bus.
Gus is a guy that refuses to average less than 5 yards a carry and knows the system. Drake 4.4 last year with the Ravens. Not sure speedy-Gonzalez has much of a chance at 5+ carries unless they all go down. Although seeing what happens to Baltimore RBs, I guess it is possible.

the littlest of the littles

the resurrection of Mack Herron over in Arlington is more solidly built (his BMI 29.8 is actually higher than Gibbs)

but like all the other size outliers in this draft class, rooting for Keaton to get a chance

Bryce Young, Tank Dell, Deuce Vaughn, Calijah Kancey, Nolan Smith, Emmanuel Forbes, Tre'vius Hodges-Tomlinson....every one of them has a draft eval that starts with "he's the smallest ___________ since __________."

hope they all smash but that's usually not how it goes in the NFL

Definitely a good stash - Edwards is old reliable but Keaton brings an explosiveness. Question is when he will get opportunity - he impressed enough in preseason for the Ravens to cut Gordon. I think he gets opportunities this year and his skill set is perfect for that offense.

Definitely a good stash - Edwards is old reliable but Keaton brings an explosiveness. Question is when he will get opportunity - he impressed enough in preseason for the Ravens to cut Gordon. I think he gets opportunities this year and his skill set is perfect for that offense.
Isn’t he a runt?

Isn’t he a runt?

Sleeper has him listed at 5’8 191 🤔 bite sized but not the tiniest guy out there. Cowboys like to drop a Deuce on the field

Isn’t he a runt?
Depending on site he is listed at 5’8-5’9 and 195-200 pounds. No reason he can’t handle 15 touches a game.

Watching his ECU and preseason highlights, he is an explosive, slippery runner.

Isn’t he a runt?
Depending on site he is listed at 5’8-5’9 and 195-200 pounds. No reason he can’t handle 15 touches a game.

Watching his ECU and preseason highlights, he is an explosive, slippery runner.
Combine measurements are 5'8", 179 lbs. That was only April. Hard to believe he put on 16-21 lbs of healthy weight since then.

Do we even know if this kid is going to come off IR?
That was my question in another thread - haven’t really heard if his shoulder injury was a season ender. Could be a situation if there is no one serviceable behind Edwards, Mitchell is activated. If there is, Mitchell gets stashed on season long IR.

Do we even know if this kid is going to come off IR?
That was my question in another thread - haven’t really heard if his shoulder injury was a season ender. Could be a situation if there is no one serviceable behind Edwards, Mitchell is activated. If there is, Mitchell gets stashed on season long IR.
He should be coming off IR at some point. If he wasn't, Baltimore would've put him on IR before the initial 53 roster was named, meaning he would be out for the season. Since he made the initial 53 man roster, and was put on IR immediately after, means that the Ravens don't look at it as a season-ender.

Gus is a guy that refuses to average less than 5 yards a carry and knows the system. Drake 4.4 last year with the Ravens. Not sure speedy-Gonzalez has much of a chance at 5+ carries unless they all go down. Although seeing what happens to Baltimore RBs, I guess it is possible.
Name me one running back that has come back from achilles surgery and been good? Maybe a few had solid runs like Foreman and Akers last year but look at them now. Drake is no threat. The main threat is Gus. That's it. Not saying Keaton will end up taking over but I thi k he is worth a stash especially if you have an IR spot.

Name me one running back that has come back from achilles surgery and been good? Maybe a few had solid runs like Foreman and Akers last year but look at them now. Drake is no threat. The main threat is Gus. That's it. Not saying Keaton will end up taking over but I thi k he is worth a stash especially if you have an IR spot.
I guess Gus could regress, but he has produced like he normally does so far this season. I think Keaton could certainly be sprinkled in as a change of pace, but I don’t see him taking over the backfield unless there are more injuries (certainly possible).

It doesn't matter if it's Drake or someone else.

If Gus & Hill suffer season ending injuries the Ravens will go to the FA market for Gordon or Drake or Fournette etc and those guys will lead the committee.

Unless he's better than Darren Sproles the possibility of Keaton Mitchell becoming anything resembling the #1 back in Baltimore approaches zero. Even Sproles was never a feature back.

Anyone suggesting he's better than Sproles?

If Gus & Hill suffer season ending injuries the Ravens will go to the FA market for Gordon or Drake or Fournette etc and those guys will lead the committee.

Unless he's better than Darren Sproles the possibility of Keaton Mitchell becoming anything resembling the #1 back in Baltimore approaches zero. Even Sproles was never a feature back.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to be the main guy. We don't know what the future holds. He could carve out some role and have some value. I doubt people think he is better than Sproles. He is a stash and see what happens at this point. He is electric.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to be the main guy. We don't know what the future holds. He could carve out some role and have some value. I doubt people think he is better than Sproles. He is a stash and see what happens at this point. He is electric.
He offers something the other backs do not have…speed. I was not impressed with his interior running but he did show his speed on a couple runs he bounced outside in the preseason.

how much of your FAAB is this going to cost?
Fortunately for me I have no FAAB left!

I held this guy for a few weeks knowing he could do this… but had to drop.

Sad he’s not on my roster, especially as a Gus owner.

same except I don't own Gus - have stayed away from the Ravens backfield for years, we never know which one to own and 8 is the best GL back (NICE day for Gus today though)

PFF Draft Profile

KEATON MITCHELL
EAST CAROLINA PIRATES
height 5’9”
weight 184
position rank: 14
overall rank: 144

At 5-foot-9 and 184 pounds, Mitchell doesn’t look like your everyday star running back; however, he was one of the country's most explosive backs in 2022. His 54 carries of 10-plus yards led all FBS running backs while his 7.2 yards per carry ranked second only to DeWayne McBride. His size will preclude him from being a bell-cow in the NFL, but he could have a Tarik Cohen-esque impact as a big-play, smaller back.

Season Grades 2022 2021 2020
PFF Grade 89.1 76.5 77.5

Attempts 201 174 88
Yards 1452 1117 440.0
Yards Per Attempt 7.2 6.4 5.0
Rush TDs 14 9 2

Receptions 27 23 11
Receiving Yards 250 254 75

pros
Serious afterburners. Some of the fastest GPS numbers in college football.
Jitterbug. Practices social distancing every time he gets in the open field.
Can get away with stopping feet due to how quickly he gets back up to speed.

cons
Big-play merchant. Routinely passes up three yards to try for 30.
Scatback size. So few roles like that in the NFL.
Will only avoid contact, not initiate it. Stops feet a lot because of it.

WHERE HE WINS - THE SHIMMY
Mitchell's shimmy-shake move in one-on-one situations has taken lives. He's one of this draft's most difficult players to pin down in space.

WHAT'S HIS ROLE - GADGET RB/WR
Mitchell will never get more than a few touches per game at running back due to his running style. A forward-thinking team would be wise to see how good his hands are because his speed would play far more at receiver.

WHERE HE CAN IMPROVE - RUNNING STYLE
You can't run in search of the home-run every time at the NFL level. It'll make sure you don't get more than a few touches per game. He has to get more physical as a runner to see the field.

NFL Draft & Combine Prospect Profile

RAS

I drafted him because a friend played with him last year. He is an electric runner. But I am afraid he is too fragile. He is literally 5'8" but he can fly.

Why are we talking about being better than Sproles? That’s strange to me.

Doesn’t he ONLY have to be better than Justice Hill? And more explosive than Gus?

It’s is not out of the realm of possibilities that he supplants Hill.

It’s simple. He’s a priority add.

Lol are we taking about Sproles because he’s short???

Why are we talking about being better than Sproles? That’s strange to me.

Doesn’t he ONLY have to be better than Justice Hill? And more explosive than Gus?

It’s is not out of the realm of possibilities that he supplants Hill.

It’s simple. He’s a priority add.

Lol are we taking about Sproles because he’s short???

he looks tall when he stands next to Deuce Vaughn though

Users who are viewing this thread