What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Khalil Herbert, CHI (1 Viewer)

well I’ve got him now :blackdot:
Me, too. I likely overpaid badly in many spots. But we shall see. I think he gets 6-10 carries maybe a couple targets. 12-17 for Damien with as many targets as they can gameplan for. The really interesting question I have is whether they will unlock the designed QB runs with Fields and the RPO stuff. 

As someone who spent all my $ on Williams I was not too happy to see Herbert out there so much. However both looked great and I'm guessing the Bears coaches are going with the Browns playback and run run run. 

Khalil Herbert rushed 18 times for 75 yards in Chicago's Week 5 win over the Raiders.

Herbert, who averaged a career 6.1 yards per carry in college behind teammate and UDFA Pooka Williams, out-carried Damien Williams 18-16 in the duo's first co-spot start without David Montgomery (knee). Williams did register all three of Chicago's backfield targets and out-carry Herbert 3-1 inside the 10, but the latter's timeshare was still unexpected for an offense that called 34 runs to 21 pass attempts. That usage in a concerted run-first attack makes Herbert a coveted addition off waiver wires ahead of Week 6.

Oct 10, 2021, 9:03 PM ET

I was definitely wrong about how much of a split this was going to be.

It will be interesting to see how it goes moving forward.

Herbert looked good on his runs, but Williams was top dog.

I have every interest in Herbert being the man - I roster him in dynasty. But he's not there yet.

Well, if you unloaded FAAB on Williams, only to have someone outbid you last week, you get another bite at the apple. 

massraider said:
Well, if you unloaded FAAB on Williams, only to have someone outbid you last week, you get another bite at the apple. 

naw added him for $1 last week while 6 (half the league) bid up Damian

didn't figure it would pan out but better to be early than late

Gonna start him over Jamaal Williams at flex. Dunno what to expect really but Jamaal seems to have kinda flatlined last couple of weeks. 

Well boys and girls. I’m in. 
Which means now I’m up at night watching highlights.

https://youtu.be/XMsNTCBFjSc

Color me impressed. I own no Bears or Raiders, so I didn’t watch the game. Came away with the mindset that Herbert just sort of swept up some carries and yardage in garbage time. 

The dude looks impressive on every carry. Vision, decisiveness, and love to see the yards after contact. I was also surprised to see his heavy involvement in the first half.

I’m excited to see what he can do with a full load. Which means I’ll likely be disappointed with what he actually does with a full load.

Well boys and girls. I’m in. 
Which means now I’m up at night watching highlights.

https://youtu.be/XMsNTCBFjSc

Color me impressed. I own no Bears or Raiders, so I didn’t watch the game. Came away with the mindset that Herbert just sort of swept up some carries and yardage in garbage time. 

The dude looks impressive on every carry. Vision, decisiveness, and love to see the yards after contact. I was also surprised to see his heavy involvement in the first half.

I’m excited to see what he can do with a full load. Which means I’ll likely be disappointed with what he actually does with a full load.
He reminds me of a James Robinson with a slightly quicker step/burst. There is a reason I drafted both with mid-round dynasty picks. They both are just efficient, dependable backs. 

He reminds me of a James Robinson with a slightly quicker step/burst. There is a reason I drafted both with mid-round dynasty picks. They both are just efficient, dependable backs. 
Any expectations for today?

As someone who was choosing between AJ Dillon and Gainwell on Thursday night as my RB2… Herbert falling into my lap off waivers may be my savior for the week.

Any expectations for today?

As someone who was choosing between AJ Dillon and Gainwell on Thursday night as my RB2… Herbert falling into my lap off waivers may be my savior for the week.
I mean I'm starting home in two leagues so I'm gonna have a rosey projection. ;)  90/1 with upside. Receiving will limit him I think so as long as game script is manageable I think they continue to lean on run. 

I mean I'm starting home in two leagues so I'm gonna have a rosey projection. ;)  90/1 with upside. Receiving will limit him I think so as long as game script is manageable I think they continue to lean on run. 
I like it. I don’t play PPR so they can ground and pound it all they want. All day.

starting in one league for sure (half PPR with Kamara on a bye and CEH sideline

other league my backs are Najee & Swift, top 4 WR (2 RB 3 WR FLEX) are Adams, Cooks, Lamb, and Sutton - probably a no on that one dawg

Khalil Herbert rushed 19 times for 97 yards and one touchdown and caught 2-of-3 balls for 15 yards in the Bears' Week 6 loss to the Packers.

With David Montgomery (knee) on I.R. and Damien Williams out after a positive COVID test, Herbert got the start and handled all 19 backfield carries and saw the only three RB targets. Herbert got the scoring started with a one-yard touchdown plunge in the first quarter following a Marquise Goodwin pass-interference call that set up the score. Herbert has looked good the last two weeks, turning his 37 carries into 172 yards and a touchdown. He should stay involved for as long as Montgomery is out, which is expected to be another couple weeks. Herbert's Week 7 draw, however, is very tough on the road in Tampa Bay.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Had another 20 yard TD taken away from a BS penalty call. Kid looked great in the stuff I was able to watch on Red Zone.

I’m sitting here wondering what his outlook might be next week.  I have lots on a bye and may need him. Seems to have earned the carries but wonder how involved D Williams will be.

VikingFrog said:
I’m sitting here wondering what his outlook might be next week.  I have lots on a bye and may need him. Seems to have earned the carries but wonder how involved D Williams will be.
Terrible matchup. 

starting in one league for sure (half PPR with Kamara on a bye and CEH sideline

other league my backs are Najee & Swift, top 4 WR (2 RB 3 WR FLEX) are Adams, Cooks, Lamb, and Sutton - probably a no on that one dawg

With Najee and Pollard on a bye Week 7, I’ll be starting him in these two. 

Tampa Bay is giving up the 11th fewest FFP to RBs. Fewest rushing yards to RBs and only 1 RB rushing TD allowed. Owing to game script, the 4th most (e.g., 29th Fewest) receiving yards allowed to RBs + 4 receiving TDs to RBs. Of course that role might be DW next week if he’s active. In theory Tarik is eligible to come off IR next week but he might be washed.

I have options if I get cold feet:Javonte “Mr 50%” on Thursday at CLE, Carter @ NE, McKissic @ GB. I didn’t say they were good options, the point remains.

Anyway, we’ve seen him twice and he’s looked great twice. Let it ride. YOLO

With Najee and Pollard on a bye Week 7, I’ll be starting him in these two. 

Tampa Bay is giving up the 11th fewest FFP to RBs. Fewest rushing yards to RBs and only 1 RB rushing TD allowed. Owing to game script, the 4th most (e.g., 29th Fewest) receiving yards allowed to RBs + 4 receiving TDs to RBs. Of course that role might be DW next week if he’s active. In theory Tarik is eligible to come off IR next week but he might be washed.

I have options if I get cold feet:Javonte “Mr 50%” on Thursday at CLE, Carter @ NE, McKissic @ GB. I didn’t say they were good options, the point remains.

Anyway, we’ve seen him twice and he’s looked great twice. Let it ride. YOLO
I’m likely going to have to start him as well. Would be real nice if somehow some way D Williams stayed on that Covid list. At least we’d have volume to rely on. And he looks good.  I think he’s earned plenty of touches either way, but a tough week and I need him to own that backfield, even if for this week only.

I’m likely going to have to start him as well. Would be real nice if somehow some way D Williams stayed on that Covid list. At least we’d have volume to rely on. And he looks good.  I think he’s earned plenty of touches either way, but a tough week and I need him to own that backfield, even if for this week only.

I think his share will increase to 60-70% of the carries, but if everybody is active Williams has the third down role. Not realistic to expect otherwise. It’s a rough matchup. Game script could cap him this week.

I might roll with Javonte this week. Subscriber content tells me to go with Carter. I’m wondering if that tells me not to renew in 2022. IDK, still going through my process rn.

Dynasty perspective:  what’s the deal with DMonty, where is his in contract status next year and beyond?

Next year is contract year. He'll be motivated for a new one, but paying RB's is rarely fruitful. Herbert looks legit- he will give management real pause of giving Montgomery a new contract if Herbert continues to look like the real deal. 

This team has many holes going forward, and paying a RB in two years in free agency doesn't seem like the right move but Montgomery is a good player. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a bad matchup but teams aren't even trying to run it against the Bucs, whereas the Bears are emphasizing the run to protect Fields. I am more curious about D Williams and if he will come off the covid list or not. 

Bears’ RB Damien Williams, on the Reseve/COVID-19 list, was not at practice again today and couldn’t be cleared until Saturday at the earliest because he’s unvaccinated and there’s a mandatory 10-day waiting period.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1451290616437088266
There’s another tweet from bears nation stating he’s incredibly unlikely to play with the inability to practice and possibly not travel with the team on schedule.

The Athletic's Kevin Fishbain said Khalil Herbert could "be the first one off the bench" to spell David Montgomery (knee) when Montgomery returns from injured reserve. 

Herbert has been solid in Montgomery's absence, functioning as Chicago's workhorse back last week against the Packers and turning 19 carries into 97 yards and a touchdown (with another touchdown called back on a penalty). Fishbain said Damien Williams, who missed Week 6 on the COVID-19 list, will likely have "more of a niche role as a pass catcher and on third downs" when Montgomery returns. Williams, who is unvaccinated against COVID, could miss the team's Week 7 game against the Bucs, leaving Herbert to absorb another heavy workload. That Tampa is brutally tough against the run doesn't mean Herbert won't produce as a pass catcher in what will likely be negative game script for the Bears. 

RELATED: 

David Montgomery

, Damien Williams

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Oct 22, 2021, 11:41 AM ET

There’s another tweet from bears nation stating he’s incredibly unlikely to play with the inability to practice and possibly not travel with the team on schedule.
So silly--if he was vaccinated, he still could spread the virus. It's been made very clear over the last couple of months that it doesn't matter if you're  vax'd or not. Oh well, at least I know it will allow my start choices to be a bit easier.

League winner possibly if Montgomery suffers any setbacks or injuries. Damien Williams is going to get traded or outright released for not getting a vaccine. Jesus. 

League winner possibly if Montgomery suffers any setbacks or injuries. Damien Williams is going to get traded or outright released for not getting a vaccine. Jesus. 
Wait. Be careful. Is that your opinion, or did you hear something on radio or read it in print? 

What’s wild is that he opted out last year due to Covid and hasn’t been vaxed. Odd. 

Wait. Be careful. Is that your opinion, or did you hear something on radio or read it in print? 
Shefter tweeted yesterday he is not vaccinated. 

Maybe Damien Williams sat out last year as a nice way to collect a paycheck and not take a pounding with his low salary?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shefter tweeted yesterday he is not vaccinated. 
It's the leap to release or trade I'm talking about. Best not to speculate on stuff like that unless you say it's your own opinion. Or source it. Plenty of unvaccinated guys not getting traded or released. 

Users who are viewing this thread