What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kyren Williams, LAR (1 Viewer)

Not to mention that picks also don’t get injured or race in cars at 180mph or smash Dom bottles over peoples heads in nightclubs
Yes there are a lot of different angles to this.

When you consider that a RB who actually scores enough points to be useful for a fantasy season, the average number of seasons that they are is two. Its just very high turnover at the position and even the best ones cannot stay at this level for very long.

The majority of RB are not even useful for a full season, but only a few games of a season, if at all. See Cam Akers for example. A few games but never sustaining that production for a full season yet. Yes he still could, his career is not over yet, but I have seen enough that I think its unlikely he ever does provide a season of productive games for the remainder of his career. He is being replaced by Williams now.

As far as Williams, who knows how long or if he might be worth starting? Could be a few games or maybe longer than that, but the odds are against this. Best case scenario he becomes like Austin Eckler, which would be very valuable and certainly worth a 1st round pick if he does, thats just very unlikely.

I have come to the conclushion that if a RB can provide 9 or more start worthy games that is worth a 1st round pick. Others might disagree with this, but just being realistic about the high amount of turnover at the position, teams are always having to find new blood. Even high level RB like Todd Gurley just do not last that long playing at such a high level.

Players at other positions like WR or QB? Thats different. You can count on such players maintaining their value longer than a RB although that is no sure thing either. At least its safer, and you have better odds to get say 5 years of that player maintaining their value compared to 2 years from the RB position.

So this is the decision a dynasty manager has to make every time a RB like Williams comes along, is how long do you think they will be able to maintain their performance and what is that worth to you based on how your current team is constructed?

For a strong team built on a long term foundation of highly valuable WRs and QBs even one year of good RB production could push that team to the top, and I think that is worth a 1st round pick to acquire such a player for that purpose, even if that productivity does not last very long.

For a team that does not have a strong foundation like this I think you sell Williams for the best price you can get and try to convert the asset into a WR or something that can build the long term foundation of your team.

Yes there is always the chance that Williams becomes a long term multi season valuable asset. But that chance is slim, and from a process based perspective you want to be the seller here not the buyer.
Slim chances are playing out on this kid. I think you would agree now.

Real deal RB. Just productive and a three down back in a league starving for them.
He has been very good and trading him earlier would have been something would regret now.

That said I still believe doing that to be correct from a process based perspective unless you truly thought he would be a multi season starter in FF.

Maybe he will be, but Zac Stacy and many other RB have been quality starters for a chunk of games but then replaced the following season.

As of right now I actually like Williams to be the Rams starting RB in 2024 and I have more confidence in that than I did with Zac Stacy at that time even though I was a huge fan of Stacy and certainly think he was worth having in the series of games he was relevant before being replaced by Todd Gurley.

The NFL has changed a lot since then and RBs who perform well seem less likely to be replaced by high draft picks after they do. Teams are more interested in getting these cheaper investments at RB to pay off for them as long as they can and use their draft assets on other positions.

McVey is very unlike Jeff Fisher.

Good for Williams I hope he can keep performing well and stays healthy. I think McVey has used Williams too much and has been a bit reckless about keeping Williams fresh. I think that management may have contributed to Williams being injured and missing some games earlier this year.

This recklessness with Williams workload is part of what makes him so valuable as well though.
Bottom line, Zac Stacy wasn’t very good.
That depends on one's attitude.

Zac Stacy is the definition of baseline.
Baseline bad

Not to mention that picks also don’t get injured or race in cars at 180mph or smash Dom bottles over peoples heads in nightclubs
Yes there are a lot of different angles to this.

When you consider that a RB who actually scores enough points to be useful for a fantasy season, the average number of seasons that they are is two. Its just very high turnover at the position and even the best ones cannot stay at this level for very long.

The majority of RB are not even useful for a full season, but only a few games of a season, if at all. See Cam Akers for example. A few games but never sustaining that production for a full season yet. Yes he still could, his career is not over yet, but I have seen enough that I think its unlikely he ever does provide a season of productive games for the remainder of his career. He is being replaced by Williams now.

As far as Williams, who knows how long or if he might be worth starting? Could be a few games or maybe longer than that, but the odds are against this. Best case scenario he becomes like Austin Eckler, which would be very valuable and certainly worth a 1st round pick if he does, thats just very unlikely.

I have come to the conclushion that if a RB can provide 9 or more start worthy games that is worth a 1st round pick. Others might disagree with this, but just being realistic about the high amount of turnover at the position, teams are always having to find new blood. Even high level RB like Todd Gurley just do not last that long playing at such a high level.

Players at other positions like WR or QB? Thats different. You can count on such players maintaining their value longer than a RB although that is no sure thing either. At least its safer, and you have better odds to get say 5 years of that player maintaining their value compared to 2 years from the RB position.

So this is the decision a dynasty manager has to make every time a RB like Williams comes along, is how long do you think they will be able to maintain their performance and what is that worth to you based on how your current team is constructed?

For a strong team built on a long term foundation of highly valuable WRs and QBs even one year of good RB production could push that team to the top, and I think that is worth a 1st round pick to acquire such a player for that purpose, even if that productivity does not last very long.

For a team that does not have a strong foundation like this I think you sell Williams for the best price you can get and try to convert the asset into a WR or something that can build the long term foundation of your team.

Yes there is always the chance that Williams becomes a long term multi season valuable asset. But that chance is slim, and from a process based perspective you want to be the seller here not the buyer.
Slim chances are playing out on this kid. I think you would agree now.

Real deal RB. Just productive and a three down back in a league starving for them.
He has been very good and trading him earlier would have been something would regret now.

That said I still believe doing that to be correct from a process based perspective unless you truly thought he would be a multi season starter in FF.

Maybe he will be, but Zac Stacy and many other RB have been quality starters for a chunk of games but then replaced the following season.

As of right now I actually like Williams to be the Rams starting RB in 2024 and I have more confidence in that than I did with Zac Stacy at that time even though I was a huge fan of Stacy and certainly think he was worth having in the series of games he was relevant before being replaced by Todd Gurley.

The NFL has changed a lot since then and RBs who perform well seem less likely to be replaced by high draft picks after they do. Teams are more interested in getting these cheaper investments at RB to pay off for them as long as they can and use their draft assets on other positions.

McVey is very unlike Jeff Fisher.

Good for Williams I hope he can keep performing well and stays healthy. I think McVey has used Williams too much and has been a bit reckless about keeping Williams fresh. I think that management may have contributed to Williams being injured and missing some games earlier this year.

This recklessness with Williams workload is part of what makes him so valuable as well though.
Bottom line, Zac Stacy wasn’t very good.
That depends on one's attitude.

Zac Stacy is the definition of baseline.
Baseline bad
He provided 3/4th of a season of top 12 RB performance before being replaced by Gurley which was certainly worth rostering and starting while he did.

Many many RB never do this much in their careers.

Users who are viewing this thread