What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kyren Williams, LAR (1 Viewer)

Hard to imagine that if Kyren is active they’ll give him a lot of work. But with all the changes McVay is talking about, hope he just throws caution into the wind and see if he’s got something there.
Have him in the IR spot. If active I will not be able to make any add moves if his status changes to questionable or healthy. Now, I can leave him there in IR if I don't make any moves and just watch and see if he has something to offer. What are the ethics around holding a player in IR who have changed status during the week?

Hard to imagine that if Kyren is active they’ll give him a lot of work. But with all the changes McVay is talking about, hope he just throws caution into the wind and see if he’s got something there.
Have him in the IR spot. If active I will not be able to make any add moves if his status changes to questionable or healthy. Now, I can leave him there in IR if I don't make any moves and just watch and see if he has something to offer. What are the ethics around holding a player in IR who have changed status during the week?
Unless your league has specific rules about IR players actually needing to be real life IR, I think it’s fine. More of a hinderance to yourself by not being able to make moves, IMO.

Think I'll be doing the same.

rule in my league is that if removed off of IR they need to be on active roster by no later than their games kick off.
That's a good rule to enact. Our only rule is whatever Yahoo allows a manager to do. Curious how it gets enforced in your league? Perhaps it's accepted and done. Ultimately the Commish can remove a player and kick out managers who don't follow it. Good idea.

rule in my league is that if removed off of IR they need to be on active roster by no later than their games kick off.
That's a good rule to enact. Our only rule is whatever Yahoo allows a manager to do. Curious how it gets enforced in your league? Perhaps it's accepted and done. Ultimately the Commish can remove a player and kick out managers who don't follow it. Good idea.
it was a rule I gave (commish) before the season. As well as SUS didn't count to move to IR - even though it could be done.

I too am hoping I can keep him on IR this week to get at least one small look at him and maybe what LA has in mind for him. And another week to watch Toney. I would need to drop Toney to keep Williams when he is off IR. I think Toney has more upside ROS due to the Rams' terrible OL and poor offense overall, even if Toney may only be the WR3 (counting Kelce) on his own team. Would be flex upside for me. Anyone who would keep Kyren over Toney ROS?

I too am hoping I can keep him on IR this week to get at least one small look at him and maybe what LA has in mind for him. And another week to watch Toney. I would need to drop Toney to keep Williams when he is off IR. I think Toney has more upside ROS due to the Rams' terrible OL and poor offense overall, even if Toney may only be the WR3 (counting Kelce) on his own team. Would be flex upside for me. Anyone who would keep Kyren over Toney ROS?
Be nice to watch and see one more game for sure. Neither player getting any real high marks, yet both are "could be" talents. Tough call.

Be nice to watch and see one more game for sure. Neither player getting any real high marks, yet both are "could be" talents. Tough call.

No right answer for sure. Kyren seems like a prayer though. I forgot he didn't even play in the preseason.

Rams coach Sean McVay said Kyren Williams (ankle) will be activated from injured reserve.​

Williams went on injured reserve after going down with an ankle injury that ultimately required surgery in the opening game of the year. A fifth-round selection in this year's draft, Williams could step into a sizable role rather quickly. Darrell Henderson has been held under a 50 percent snap share in each of his previous two games while Cam Akers continues to struggle with efficiency issues. Williams should be stashed in all fantasy formats.
SOURCE: Sarah Barshop on Twitter
Nov 11, 2022, 2:38 PM ET

Rams RB Kyren Williams (ankle) was activated from injured reserve.​

The rookie running back was active Week 1, receiving his only game action on special teams. He would suffer a high ankle sprain during his first professional work and has been on the injured reserve since. The Rams waived running back Malcolm Brown in an associated move. Williams will now work in behind Darrell Henderson and Cam Akers in a backfield that has struggled throughout most of the season behind the league's worst-graded run-blocking offensive line.
Nov 12, 2022, 2:12 PM ET

Hope he does well been stashing on 34 of my teams for a long while now but can't start him this week. Henderson, Akers and Williams all in the mix if it stays that way then that was 34 wasted roster spots. Actually had to cut him in a couple of my leagues this week to field 1 of my 56 Tucker bye weeks wasn't dropping Mr Tucker.

Hope he does well been stashing on 34 of my teams for a long while now but can't start him this week. Henderson, Akers and Williams all in the mix if it stays that way then that was 34 wasted roster spots. Actually had to cut him in a couple of my leagues this week to field 1 of my 56 Tucker bye weeks wasn't dropping Mr Tucker.
Please tell me that's hyperbole.

Please tell me that's hyperbole.
34 teams ...dear lord man...GET A LIFE

I believe the Rams dropped Brown this afternoon.....can only mean great things for Williams!
To be fair, it could also mean mediocre things for Williams, like the other guys on the roster so far this season. But I'm rooting hard he shows something.

I believe the Rams dropped Brown this afternoon.....can only mean great things for Williams!
I wish. 😀 All we know he is one of the top 3 along with Akers and Henderson and no idea where he is in that pecking order. I have him and will either have to drop him or someone else before he plays tomorrow. The OL is so bad not sure it can support anyone but even if he is the #1 but is in heavy rotation he would have minimal value. I have a feeling I will keep him thru the weekend on the hope he shows that he could be useful for the rest of the season but I am doubting that will be the case.

Looked good in garbage time. Can build on it next week.
Didn’t expect a lot of work, but also didn’t expect his only few touches to come late in the game in garbage time. Will hold on one more week and if he doesn’t get a good amount of touches, or does and has little success with them, will cut bait.

Rams are becoming a dumpster fire
Kupp possibly done for the year
Entire Offense is an avoid
Rams might go 5-12 at this point
Guess they'll be picking high in the draft next year

Rams are becoming a dumpster fire
Kupp possibly done for the year
Entire Offense is an avoid
Rams might go 5-12 at this point
Guess they'll be picking high in the draft next year
Actually the Lions will be doing the picking for the Rams 1st rounder next year, looking to be a great pick as of now.
The last sentence was my way of cracking a joke, but I didn't put a smiley after it.
How bout them Lions? 2 in a row, I still love the coach and what they are trying to do there.
Rams are looking more like 5-12 every week.
Miami had 2 1st Rd picks next year and have traded or forfeited both of them. I miss those picks

So can we honestly tell anything about him after this week? They either did not trust him or had him as their 3rd best RB option since they only put him in on the last drive when the game was over. That is what concerns me the most. Maybe he was in before then but I don't recall seeing him. He did look great but the Cards also let them just drive down the field at the end. I can see in leagues with 12+ teams and pickings slimmer on the waiver wire continuing to hold one more week but in my 10 team league (shorter bench) not sure its worth it. At least I get to mull on it for another day and see if any Rams news comes out about usage going forward.

Kyren Williams played 26% of snaps in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the 49ers.​

Williams rushed one time for nine yards, adding three receptions for 30 yards on three targets. Williams played behind Darrell Henderson, who logged a 57% snap share but he notably saw more playing time than Cam Akers (16%). Williams also led the backfield in targets. He will be difficult to trust against the Saints in Week 11 but could eventually carve out a fantasy-relevant role in the Rams offense.
Nov 14, 2022, 12:08 PM ET

So can we honestly tell anything about him after this week? They either did not trust him or had him as their 3rd best RB option since they only put him in on the last drive when the game was over. That is what concerns me the most. Maybe he was in before then but I don't recall seeing him. He did look great but the Cards also let them just drive down the field at the end. I can see in leagues with 12+ teams and pickings slimmer on the waiver wire continuing to hold one more week but in my 10 team league (shorter bench) not sure its worth it. At least I get to mull on it for another day and see if any Rams news comes out about usage going forward.
Curious as well -- I need to do something now with him off IR --

Curious as well -- I need to do something now with him off IR --

I think he's still a hold at this point. Maybe this last game was just used to shake off the rust before they really put him to the test. I can't drop him now without AT LEAST seeing another week or two of performance.

I actually have to start him in dynasty this week due to injuries and byes in full ppr. I'm actually feeling optimistic for some reason. Obviously the better call is to hold and observe but let's ride.

The Rams are a mess and probably shouldn't be trusted, but there is a part of me that is intrigued. Akers and Henderson don't look like the guys. With Kupp out they may try and commit to the run more. At the very least Williams looks like he's good in pass protection and may be the passing down back. If they get into consistent game scripts where they need to come from behind or play hurry up, he could be valuable.

We finally caught a glimpse of the rookie from Notre Dame on Sunday, albeit with John Wolford under center instead of Matthew Stafford. The Rams eased him into action, with only one carry. He did, however, catch all three of his targets for 30 yards. Four touches for 6.0 PPR points is a solid start. The schedule favors a growing slice of the pie for Williams, who very well could earn more snaps by way of his pass-protection prowess. It's a trait that contributed to Cam Akers falling out of favor with Rams head coach Sean McVay.

Pat Fitzmaurice - FantasyPros - yesterday

Kyren Williams saw his first action since Week 1 last weekend against the Cardinals.

Week 10 Utilization:

26% snaps
5% attempts
24% route participation
30% targets per route run
8% target share
20% long-down distance
73% two-minute offense

Carving out a passing-down role.

Got all 4 of his touches (39 yards) in a span of 2:05, 4th quarter garbage time (losing 10-27) with Wofford at QB. Drive resulted in a Van Jefferson touchdown.

Aside - Kyren actually led all Rams RBs in YFS Week 10. Which tells you all you need to know about their broke offense.

Historically, McVay doesn’t throw to RBs very often. But for half his career in Detroit, Matthew Stafford had Theo Riddick (another undersized RB out of Notre Dame), who racked up 281 receptions over 5 seasons. Virtually every two minute drive and every possession inside 5 minutes left used to start with a play to Riddick.

With Kupp out, maybe #9 will be looking for a reliable outlet. He certainly doesn’t seem to have the ability (sore arm? he did an injection this summer) to push the ball downfield rn. He’s a creature of habit and I could see something developing between him Williams.

I think the Rams have 6 OL able to play this week, before practice squad call ups. They have something like 7 lineman who have gotten hurt this year. It’s a disaster, they can’t run the ball.

But dump offs and screens to a RB might be one of their better options given the situation. Game script could render him useless, this is long shot dart throw stuff.

I’m in a bit of a jam, deciding between Warren & Williams in a battle for first place. Winner will clinch a playoff spot but #1 seed is up in the air. After starting Watson TNF I’m a solid favorite - can afford to take a chance here.

But it’s probably too early to be rolling Kyren out. Worth a roster spot though, nice schedule. My thought is WTH Flex type play in full PPR. Doubt he sees enough carries + that OL is turrible.

Also, Rams are 32nd in FF points for RBs. That’s something to give you pause. OTOH it’s also encouraging bc I think McVay is willing to give him a shot at a role, nothing to lose.

Last edited:
I’m in a bit of a jam, deciding between Warren & Williams in a battle for first place. Winner will clinch a playoff spot but #1 seed is up in the air. After starting Watson TNF I’m a solid favorite - can afford to take a chance here.

But it’s probably too early to be rolling Kyren out. Worth a roster spot though, nice schedule. My thought is WTH Flex type play in full PPR. Doubt he sees enough carries + that OL is turrible.

Also, Rams are 32nd in FF points for RBs. That’s something to give you pause. OTOH it’s also encouraging bc I think McVay is willing to give him a shot at a role, nothing to lose.
The small sample size for Williams means I'm starting Warren, if that helps.

The small sample size for Williams means I'm starting Warren, if that helps.

Warren is around 30% share rn so while neither option is very exciting at least he has a good floor. He's also been favored over Najee in the passing game (1 targets for Harris last week which is nuts.) Jaylen gets 12-15 routes every week. Not much upside, would need a TD to prop up a good score, but we have more history / more reasons to be confident in him.

7-36 & 1-8 on 1 target

early on he was 4-6 on the ground, was playing a lot when game was still close

Week 11 RB Usage
  • Kyren Williams: 55% snaps, 7 carries, 2 targets (44 yards)
  • Cam Akers: 39% snaps, 14 carries, no targets (61 yards)
  • Darrell Henderson: 7% snaps, 2 carries, no targets (9 yards)

7-36 & 1-8 on 1 target

Week 11 RB Usage

Thanks - good usage even if it's not reflected in many points yet. An end of the roster/emergency RB for me in one league, I decided to keep him for upside over McKinnon in the one league I have him when he came off IR. Still up in the air on that decision of course, but hey, he's playing and getting touches. Looks like more than we can say about Henderson.

7-36 & 1-8 on 1 target

Week 11 RB Usage

Thanks - good usage even if it's not reflected in many points yet. An end of the roster/emergency RB for me in one league, I decided to keep him for upside over McKinnon in the one league I have him when he came off IR. Still up in the air on that decision of course, but hey, he's playing and getting touches. Looks like more than we can say about Henderson.

I dropped Nyheim Hines for him last night, 20th man on the roster type stuff

will leave him alone until Jameson comes off NFI

Was just about to bounce Kyren from my roster, but with Henderson just being released, may have to see this out for another week.

he has a third down role, regardless of who comes in off the street

With four (4!) wide receivers hurt I might have to Flex him (or James Cook)

I don’t expect his usage to increase much in the run game bc he has tiny bones

Was just about to bounce Kyren from my roster, but with Henderson just being released, may have to see this out for another week.

he has a third down role, regardless of who comes in off the street

With four (4!) wide receivers hurt I might have to Flex him (or James Cook)

I don’t expect his usage to increase much in the run game bc he has tiny bones
You’re probably right but have to at least see what transpires this weekend with his usage.

He`s the guy , they dont even like Cam, they couldnt trade him so keep him around for insurance .
Jump on the K.Williams express , some easy run defenses coming up:moneybag:

He`s the guy , they dont even like Cam, they couldnt trade him so keep him around for insurance .
Jump on the K.Williams express , some easy run defenses coming up:moneybag:
Not sure - seems like Cam has worked his way back into the mix even if not the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread